Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
So...does this mean we are all Braves fans now?  I mean other than sani. 

Chop On!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2021, 11:06:53 AM »
So...does this mean we are all Braves fans now?  I mean other than sani. 

Chop On!

Yes.  Come suffer with me.  Embrace the inevitable let down.  Give in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2021, 01:16:48 PM »
Fuck you, baseball goes too long as is and if you can't win your shit after a 162 games you deserve what you get.

Can we rub weiners............

again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »

Yes.  Come suffer with me.  Embrace the inevitable let down.  Give in.

Would you take a look at this guy, talking letdowns to a Cubs fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2021, 11:44:46 AM »
Braves can punch their ticket to the NLCS today.  Good luck, Sangs!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2021, 12:22:02 PM »
Braves can punch their ticket to the NLCS today.  Good luck, Sangs!

Preesh!  Need to pick this up and not fly back to Brew Town.  I'm also pulling for the Giants big time, simply because we are competitive with them.  They're a better team, but we absolutely don't match up at all with Dodgers pitching.  But, first things first. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2021, 02:10:21 PM »
Preesh!  Need to pick this up and not fly back to Brew Town.  I'm also pulling for the Giants big time, simply because we are competitive with them.  They're a better team, but we absolutely don't match up at all with Dodgers pitching.  But, first things first.

As cold as the Dodgers bats have been the last two weeks, you may want to rethink that. 

Absolutely will not root for Houston or the RedSox, so unless Tony can whip up some magic, I'll be rooting for the Senior Circuit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2021, 02:27:06 PM »
See now you all have me invested as well.  I am pulling for the Braves....

So they can lose bigger and better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2021, 02:31:52 PM »
As I know sani must be saying now...CHOP ON!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2021, 02:35:39 PM »
See now you all have me invested as well.  I am pulling for the Braves....

So they can lose bigger and better.

Come into the light.  Embrace the inevitable letdown.  It's much easier when you know it's coming. 

And oh lawrt, it's coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2021, 04:44:22 PM »
And oh lawrt, it's coming.

Sometime in 2022.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2021, 10:43:38 PM »
Freeman puts one in the seats to send the Braves to the NLCS.  Lucked out getting the Brewers to start the playoffs.  Gets real from here no matter who we face.  Would love a Braves/Sox match up if the Karma Gods smile on us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2021, 02:58:03 PM »
Cards just fired Mike Shildt.  In three full seasons as manager, he went to the post season each time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2021, 03:25:40 PM »
Cards just fired Mike Shildt.  In three full seasons as manager, he went to the post season each time.

WTF???  Okay, you follow them closely and I only see them from AFAAARRR.  How do you fire someone who took a team from basically being out of it with less than 1/4 or 345/515ths of the season left, they go on a 17 game win streak, make the playoffs and barely lose to what may be the best team in the game?  Is there more going on?  I mean, the Cards were a better than average team this year, but honestly, I thought they had less overall talent than they've had in a while. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2021, 03:29:48 PM »
WTF???  Okay, you follow them closely and I only see them from AFAAARRR.  How do you fire someone who took a team from basically being out of it with less than 1/4 or 345/515ths of the season left, they go on a 17 game win streak, make the playoffs and barely lose to what may be the best team in the game?  Is there more going on?  I mean, the Cards were a better than average team this year, but honestly, I thought they had less overall talent than they've had in a while.

"Philosophical differences" as the official reason.

But...  I think being out of it less than 1/4 of the season is part of it.  A miracle 17 game winning streak to make the playoffs.  I think bringing in Arenado, and teaming him with Goldie, you expect better than hanging with the Cubs until after the all star break (no offense, Buzzy).

I would have been content if he ditched the hitting coaches - Maybe Mo told him to get rid of Jeff Albert, and Shildt told him no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2021, 04:21:18 PM »
"Philosophical differences" as the official reason.

But...  I think being out of it less than 1/4 of the season is part of it.  A miracle 17 game winning streak to make the playoffs.  I think bringing in Arenado, and teaming him with Goldie, you expect better than hanging with the Cubs until after the all star break (no offense, Buzzy).

I would have been content if he ditched the hitting coaches - Maybe Mo told him to get rid of Jeff Albert, and Shildt told him no.

Arenado hit .255 with 34 HR and 105 RBI.  His production and average were somewhat down overall because....geez, I dunno'....maybe he wasn't playing 81 games in Coors Field.  But name one team that wouldn't kill for that in the lineup.  Forget that he's badass at the hot corner.

Goldy was spot on with his career average and production.  .294 with 31 and 99. The man earned his $$$.  Again, looking at it from the outside, other than those two, there was nothing about that lineup that struck fear in anyone.  At least not going into the season.  Molina is still the best back stop in the game, but let's face it, he and Matt Carpenter and Waino and Lester are a combined 853 years old. Obviously, Wainwright exceeded all expectations.

I guess my point is, I was amazed at the job Schlitz did.  As you said, it may be the reported "philosophical differences".   But from a managerial standpoint, fuck that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2021, 05:07:34 PM »
Sports radio saying it's because Management didn't see Reyes as the future closer, while Shildt apparently did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2021, 05:12:28 PM »
Sports radio saying it's because Management didn't see Reyes as the future closer, while Shildt apparently did.

So management hires a manager to manage, but management decides to manage for the manager.  Got it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2021, 06:31:08 PM »
So management hires a manager to manage, but management decides to manage for the manager.  Got it!

Yep.  We're as dysfunctional as the Auburn Fambly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »
Well, Snags, if Atlanta wants it, guess they gotta go through the defending champs and earn it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions