Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hot Stove Talk

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Hot Stove Talk
« on: February 17, 2022, 11:51:13 AM »
Juan Soto reportedly turned down the Nationals offer of 13 years totaling $350 million.  His agent, Scott Boros, said he should wait and see where the market is in a few years.  Probably right, believe it or not.

Not much else to talk about.  Pitchers and catchers were supposed to start reporting this week, but the lockout doesn't look close to being over.  I've never understood why all this shit isn't being worked out while the season is going on.  A lockout isn't good for anybody, especially the fans who are really the only reason you exist. 

On another note....Fuck Rob Manfred!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Hot Stove Talk
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 12:00:48 PM »
I don't watch woke sports.
However, I do keep up with the news.With the rising salaries in MLB, wil they eventually get to where the NHL was years ago when they had to do something to quell the out of control salaries?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 12:21:37 PM »
What is it with the Braves and lock outs?  Win a WS coming out of one, win another one going into one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 12:55:37 PM »
What is it with the Braves and lock outs?  Win a WS coming out of one, win another one going into one.
So, you're saying Governor Abrams caused this one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 01:15:54 PM »
I don't watch woke sports.
However, I do keep up with the news.With the rising salaries in MLB, wil they eventually get to where the NHL was years ago when they had to do something to quell the out of control salaries?

Yet, you keep commenting on them. And admittedly, keep up with the news on them. Weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 01:22:31 PM »
So, you're saying Governor Abrams caused this one?

I guffawed heartily.  The key here is the longer the lockout, the longer Atlanta can claim to be champions.  I say keep em locked out until 2025.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 04:43:02 PM »
I guffawed heartily.  The key here is the longer the lockout, the longer Atlanta can claim to be champions.  I say keep em locked out until 2025.

Worked for me with the Blues and covid.  They held the Cup as a single champion, longer than any other team.  Suck it, Tampa Bay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 05:00:50 PM »
Worked for me with the Blues and covid.  They held the Cup as a single champion, longer than any other team.  Suck it, Tampa Bay.

I like the cut of your jib, Mister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions