Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2021, 12:20:43 PM »
Well, Snags, if Atlanta wants it, guess they gotta go through the defending champs and earn it.

Ain't gonna' happen.  As soon as I saw the Dodgers had won, I thought, well, it was a nice come back to win the division and NLDS.  Maybe we can get Acuna and Ozuna the wife beater back next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2021, 10:42:22 AM »
I'll be honest with you, Snags, I really don't have a dog in the fight in the NLCS.  I've got friends who root for both teams, and I'll root for whoever wins the NLCS to win the WS.  That being said, the last two games have been awesome to watch.  Nail-biting, hold your breathe, exciting games.  I know it doesn't do anything for your heart, but as someone who is non-biased, they've been everything you want in the NLCS - clearly two deserving teams.

And a hearty Fuck Georgia to everyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
I'll be honest with you, Snags, I really don't have a dog in the fight in the NLCS.  I've got friends who root for both teams, and I'll root for whoever wins the NLCS to win the WS.  That being said, the last two games have been awesome to watch.  Nail-biting, hold your breathe, exciting games.  I know it doesn't do anything for your heart, but as someone who is non-biased, they've been everything you want in the NLCS - clearly two deserving teams.

Dodgers have as much talent on their roster - lineup, SP, RP - as I think we've seen on a team since those 50's Yankee teams. It's sickening. So I don't feel sorry for them at all. Roberts is an avg mgr at best.

They are finally getting some bad luck and injuries and its been glorious to see their defeated body language during these two games.

and yes, F UGA! and Fuck Bill Plaschkcheeee
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2021, 12:08:34 PM »
My hope is to take 1 in LA.  We’ve lost 10 of the last 11 there.  Just want to get back in front of the home crowd with a good chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2021, 04:46:47 PM »

What the cheatin' Card said.  All of it.

Especially the Fuck Georgia part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2021, 09:15:04 AM »
Man, I think Snags said it best last night, but I'm not sure anyone wants a piece of the BoSox right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »
Whelp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2021, 10:26:16 AM »
They got that out of their system.  Maybe Matty Ice will have a few words of wisdom for the Bravos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2021, 11:05:59 AM »
I tuned the Braves out going into the bottom of the 8th.  I couldn't bear to watch because I had a bad feeling about what was about to happen, and didn't want to watch.  I turned back almost a half hour later, hoping to see the game over and a Braves 3-0 lead.  No, Kenly Jansen was taking the mound to strike out 3 straight for the save.  I didn't even see a replay of anything the Dodgers did. Bastards!

Another reason I turned was, that game started at 4:00 p.m.  It was well after 8:00.  Playoff baseball is exciting.  But jeeeeebus christ, there's no excuse for 4 1/2 hour games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2021, 12:13:07 PM »
I tuned the Braves out going into the bottom of the 8th.  I couldn't bear to watch because I had a bad feeling about what was about to happen, and didn't want to watch.  I turned back almost a half hour later, hoping to see the game over and a Braves 3-0 lead.  No, Kenly Jansen was taking the mound to strike out 3 straight for the save.  I didn't even see a replay of anything the Dodgers did. Bastards!

Another reason I turned was, that game started at 4:00 p.m.  It was well after 8:00.  Playoff baseball is exciting.  But jeeeeebus christ, there's no excuse for 4 1/2 hour games.

Luke Jackson has no business in a high profile playoff game....ever. I said this 2 years ago and stand by it. His post season era vs regular season is drastically different. Its Kershaw on steroids. He absolutely let his own little ego get the better of him with 96 mph Chest high on that pitch. Yeah dude, you aint gonna win that one with Bellinger. That guy is entirely too smart to miss that twice.

Sad part is Snags, he doubled down on it post game in his presser. Said he would do it again. That displays terrible judgement. Snit has to sit him now the rest of the NLCS because he's become a mental liability. It was obvious Bellinger was not playing small ball. He was aiming 400 ft out to the outfield. He almost fell down on Strike 1 he swung so hard. When a former MVP that is known for hitting clutch post season HRs is being that aggressive at the plate, you do NOT tee it up for him. You make him chase. You go offspeed. You throw down and away. Walk him if you must and take your chances with a 3 run lead. But you do not play Homerun derby with the guy, and then say you would do it again if given the chance. MORON. MORAN. DUMMY. IDIOT.

Holy shit, where's the Tylenol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2021, 03:30:47 PM »
I still can't decide if I want the Braves to choke on a bag of dicks now or in the world series?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2021, 03:42:02 PM »
I still can't decide if I want the Braves to choke on a bag of dicks now or in the world series?

Yooouuuu're despicable!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2021, 02:31:31 PM »
Luke Jackson has no business in a high profile playoff game....ever. I said this 2 years ago and stand by it. His post season era vs regular season is drastically different. Its Kershaw on steroids. He absolutely let his own little ego get the better of him with 96 mph Chest high on that pitch. Yeah dude, you aint gonna win that one with Bellinger. That guy is entirely too smart to miss that twice.

Sad part is Snags, he doubled down on it post game in his presser. Said he would do it again. That displays terrible judgement. Snit has to sit him now the rest of the NLCS because he's become a mental liability. It was obvious Bellinger was not playing small ball. He was aiming 400 ft out to the outfield. He almost fell down on Strike 1 he swung so hard. When a former MVP that is known for hitting clutch post season HRs is being that aggressive at the plate, you do NOT tee it up for him. You make him chase. You go offspeed. You throw down and away. Walk him if you must and take your chances with a 3 run lead. But you do not play Homerun derby with the guy, and then say you would do it again if given the chance. MORON. MORAN. DUMMY. IDIOT.

Holy shit, where's the Tylenol.

I want to give him the heat and announce my presence with authority!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #293 on: October 21, 2021, 02:51:13 PM »
1999...  Auburn wins in Death Valley, and Braves make the World Series.

2021...  Auburn wins in Death Valley...  I'm sensing a pattern here, and you should tell all of your friends who are Braves fans that Bobby Cox would want them to root for Auburn in Death Valley every other year from here on out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2021, 03:12:01 PM »
1999...  Auburn wins in Death Valley, and Braves make the World Series.

2021...  Auburn wins in Death Valley...  I'm sensing a pattern here, and you should tell all of your friends who are Braves fans that Bobby Cox would want them to root for Auburn in Death Valley every other year from here on out.

We lost the World Series in 99’. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2021, 03:51:28 PM »
semantics
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2021, 07:57:45 PM »

You just shut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2021, 07:26:11 AM »

Annnnnnd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #298 on: October 22, 2021, 08:24:26 AM »
I will say this.  In an effort for the world to work like I want it to I am wanting the Braves to go to the world series.  This kills two birds with one stone.

1) They can lose another world series which is always fun. 

2) All the self righteous motherfuckers that had the all star game pulled from Atlanta have to eat a couple of games of dicks in this "racist state".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #299 on: October 22, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »
2) All the self righteous motherfuckers that had the all star game pulled from Atlanta have to eat a couple of games of dicks in this "racist state".

The esteemed hippie from Oregon brought this point up yesterday, and I'm jumping on the Barves bandwagon because of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions