Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2021, 10:43:30 PM »
When the Dodgers beat the Cards, we can watch the Braves in the NLCS together.

Not going to work.  Shit talk from a 17 game winning streak...pump the brakes, beyotch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2021, 09:06:04 AM »
Not going to work.  Shit talk from a 17 game winning streak...pump the brakes, beyotch.

I hope like hell the Cards beat them. I do not want that Dodgers rotation near any 5 or 7 game series. DO NOT WANT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2021, 09:08:17 AM »
I'm just gonna go ahead and root for the Dodgers.  You're all welcome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2021, 09:13:52 AM »
I'm just gonna go ahead and root for the Dodgers.  You're all welcome.

Awwww, thanks Buzzy. That means a lot coming from a guy like you.

Whatever that means.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »
Swept the Phillies to take the division.  Hopefully rest some arms during the 3 game set with the Mets to finish the season. 

Saw where Waino will take the bump against, most likely, the Dodgers.  Did you see that coming a couple of years ago? The guy has sort of recharged his career.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
And Cards just resigned him to a one year deal.  He will retire a Redbird next year along with Molina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2021, 03:05:04 PM »
And Cards just resigned him to a one year deal.  He will retire a Redbird next year along with Molina.

If he pitches like this again, I can foresee another 1 year deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2021, 03:24:59 PM »
If he pitches like this again, I can foresee another 1 year deal.

Not with Molina retiring, too, though. 

If they get stay healthy, and get ~20 starts next year, they will set a Modern Era Baseball Record of most starts for a battery.

324    Mickey Lolich            Bill Freehan    1963–1975    Detroit Tigers
316    Warren Spahn            Del Crandall    1949–1963    Boston and Milwaukee Braves
306    Red Faber            Ray Schalk    1914–1926    Chicago White Sox
304    Adam Wainwright    Yadier Molina    2007–present    St. Louis Cardinals
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions

« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2021, 11:38:28 AM »
Good luck to everyone's teams in the postseason.  And FUGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2021, 12:01:42 PM »
Good luck to everyone's teams in the postseason.  And FUGA.
Yeah!  Can't wait!

And FUGA!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2021, 02:52:28 PM »
FUGA to one and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2021, 05:02:37 PM »
Holy Childhood 8th grade team won the semis today, and will now play on Thursday in the state finals.  Down 6-2 in the second, they rallied for one in the 3rd, one in the 4th, and then blew up for 7 in the 5th, and cruised to an 11-6 win.

MiniAUJ was 2 for 4, with 2 RBI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2021, 05:08:50 PM »
Holy Childhood 8th grade team won the semis today, and will now play on Thursday in the state finals.  Down 6-2 in the second, they rallied for one in the 3rd, one in the 4th, and then blew up for 7 in the 5th, and cruised to an 11-6 win.

MiniAUJ was 2 for 4, with 2 RBI.

Congrats and good luck.  However, I am highly offended by the Apache name.  The level of cultural appropriation these 8th graders are participating in is both insensitive and shocks the mind. I'll bet you fans also do the chop during rallies.  Who does that shit?

Oh wait......never mind.  Good luck in the finals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2021, 05:20:37 PM »
Who does that shit?

I'll tell you who.  Those damned Catlicks.

Edit to add:  They did beat a Lutheran school today, so we know who God loves more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
Last night, the Red Sox beat those putrid Yank Me's 6-2 to advance to the NLDS against Tampa.  I adopted the Sox years ago as my American League favorite, but that was mostly as the antithesis of the Yankees.  Honestly, I don't give two shits, just so no NY team makes the Series.

I heard one of the analysts this morning answer the question of what's wrong with the NYY.  His answer was very telling and made me immediately think of the Braves.  He said the Yankees took their home run, or strike out mentality into the playoffs, and you simply can't do that and be successful long term.

That describes the ATL perfectly.  We have 4 guys with 30 or more HR's.  Dansby Swanson has 27.  And while Freeman and Austin Riley both ended the season as .300 hitters, the overall approach of this club is come out of your cleats on every swing.  The rest of the line up is batting .220 to .257. I get so frustrated even listening to the Braves announcers, who have that mentality.  "Well, let's get a couple of long ones here and go home."

Yes, I'm old.  And old school.  Your 3-4-5 hitters drive the ball and go yard.  Everybody else's job is to get on base and go station to station.  The lead off hitter gets on by walk, drag bunt, slapping the ball to left etc. If he doesn't steal, the 2nd place hitter moves him into scoring position any way he can.  Then your boppers get him home. 

Not anymore.  And I don't see the Braves advancing too far because of it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2021, 01:21:14 PM »
Last night, the Red Sox beat those putrid Yank Me's 6-2 to advance to the NLDS against Tampa.  I adopted the Sox years ago as my American League favorite, but that was mostly as the antithesis of the Yankees.  Honestly, I don't give two shits, just so no NY team makes the Series.

I heard one of the analysts this morning answer the question of what's wrong with the NYY.  His answer was very telling and made me immediately think of the Braves.  He said the Yankees took their home run, or strike out mentality into the playoffs, and you simply can't do that and be successful long term.

That describes the ATL perfectly.  We have 4 guys with 30 or more HR's.  Dansby Swanson has 27.  And while Freeman and Austin Riley both ended the season as .300 hitters, the overall approach of this club is come out of your cleats on every swing.  The rest of the line up is batting .220 to .257. I get so frustrated even listening to the Braves announcers, who have that mentality.  "Well, let's get a couple of long ones here and go home."

Yes, I'm old.  And old school.  Your 3-4-5 hitters drive the ball and go yard.  Everybody else's job is to get on base and go station to station.  The lead off hitter gets on by walk, drag bunt, slapping the ball to left etc. If he doesn't steal, the 2nd place hitter moves him into scoring position any way he can.  Then your boppers get him home. 

Not anymore.  And I don't see the Braves advancing too far because of it.

I don't watch the entitled kneeling woke bitches any more, but your words are true.
When you hit the playoffs, pitching is a different animal. The long-ball gets scarce.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2021, 07:49:47 AM »
  And I don't see the Braves advancing too far because of it.

Fuck I hope you are right.  These fuckers around here have started having hope again and I want that dead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2021, 10:01:00 AM »
Fuck I hope you are right.  These fuckers around here have started having hope again and I want that dead.

Nobody likes you.  Nobody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2021, 10:10:48 AM »
Dodgers walk it off against the Cards.  The Birds left way to many runners on base.  Just couldn't get the clutch hit.  Having said that, I love the fact that we have the wildcard.  It makes it so much more interesting down the stretch of a long season when there are a lot of teams still with a chance.  But after 162 games, you have a one game, winner take all?  Nah, bro!!!  Goes against the way the whole season is played.  It's like in football, having huge, elite athletes beat the shit out of each other for 59 minutes and 57 seconds (Mmmmm...sweaty athletes), only to have a 150 pound kicker come in for one play to decide the game.

Needs to start right after the regular season and play best of 3.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2021, 10:46:00 AM »
Dodgers walk it off against the Cards.  The Birds left way to many runners on base.  Just couldn't get the clutch hit.  Having said that, I love the fact that we have the wildcard.  It makes it so much more interesting down the stretch of a long season when there are a lot of teams still with a chance.  But after 162 games, you have a one game, winner take all?  Nah, bro!!!  Goes against the way the whole season is played.  It's like in football, having huge, elite athletes beat the shit out of each other for 59 minutes and 57 seconds (Mmmmm...sweaty athletes), only to have a 150 pound kicker come in for one play to decide the game.

Needs to start right after the regular season and play best of 3.   

Fuck you, baseball goes too long as is and if you can't win your shit after a 162 games you deserve what you get.

friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Godfather,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."