Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Be Bothered With This

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: I Can't Be Bothered With This
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
The part about the whiskey....it was, I say it was a joke, son.  I keep tossin' em' and you keep missin' em'. 

Nice boy but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.

My part about the PHS Lions was a joke.

Your whiskey a male go-go comment was a tell tale sign...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
My part about the PHS Lions was a joke.

Your whiskey a male go-go comment was a tell tale sign...

Look, the Supreme Court said it's okay.  It's now the American way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2015, 01:06:14 PM »

I like you, so I want you to know something. If you are ever mauled by a lion, it will be next to impossible for me to stop laughing.

I want to apologize in advance for laughing at your funeral, if this does happen. And that's assuming I have a blank social calendar on that day. Like that's going to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »
Different take on hunting that has nothing to do with Cecil the Lion or some diva 911 dispatcher.  Throughout college and a few years after, I was huge into whitetail deer hunting.  Had all the guns, all the gear, all the doe piss or whatever vile liquid we used to mask our filthy human scents.  I was living in Montgomery and Auburn during those years and me and my buddies had access to a lot of hunting land.  Got married and she took me and my balls down to LA.  Had access to hunting land down here too but after a few trips, I realized that "hunting" had little to do with the hunt and almost everything to do with getting together with my friends.  (Cue Deliverance movie quotes in 3...2...1...)

Very similar to golf for me.  In my former life when I worked for a company, the guys I worked with were constantly playing golf.  We'd rarely let 2 weeks go by without a round.  Left and opened my own business and I haven't played 3 rounds in almost 15 years.  It wasn't the golf.  It was drinking beer and talking shit.  Just like hunting. It was about throwing back shots of whiskey and shooting up anything that might have moved.  WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO......   
Similar outcome for me.
Hunting required a bunch of gear often in shitty weather maybe even with an overnight stay.
Golf however was perfect for me.

I mean: where else but a golf course can you be fairly close to home in good weather, drink beer and gamble... all away from the wife?
It's the perfect game!

BTW, talking shit isn't considered part of the hobby. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »
Different take on hunting that has nothing to do with Cecil the Lion or some diva 911 dispatcher.  Throughout college and a few years after, I was huge into whitetail deer hunting.  Had all the guns, all the gear, all the doe piss or whatever vile liquid we used to mask our filthy human scents.  I was living in Montgomery and Auburn during those years and me and my buddies had access to a lot of hunting land.  Got married and she took me and my balls down to LA.  Had access to hunting land down here too but after a few trips, I realized that "hunting" had little to do with the hunt and almost everything to do with getting together with my friends.  (Cue Deliverance movie quotes in 3...2...1...)

Very similar to golf for me.  In my former life when I worked for a company, the guys I worked with were constantly playing golf.  We'd rarely let 2 weeks go by without a round.  Left and opened my own business and I haven't played 3 rounds in almost 15 years.  It wasn't the golf.  It was drinking beer and talking shit.  Just like hunting. It was about throwing back shots of whiskey and shooting up anything that might have moved.  WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO......   

I thought you quit golf because you kept losing your balls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2015, 10:00:46 AM »
I thought you quit golf because you kept losing your balls?

Well, that did have something to do with it.  Every time I played a course with any water on it, I just couldn't avoid hitting at least.......saaayyy, that's not what you meant, was it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »
I'm glad you quit then. The stereotype of the ignorant drunk redneck hunter comes to mind.

Responsible hunting is more than that. But you know that.

I love to hunt. It does create more enjoyment when I am with family and friends. But I love the meat. No preservatives, no hormones, no drugs.

And the money I put into it goes directly to the preservation of many species.

I'm not a sport hunter. Never have been. But others are. And that is there thing. As long as they do not waste the meat, I'm fine with that.

Much more good come to the local people from a legal Cecil kill than does harm. If it was illegal, then by all means string the guy up. But pussified Americans really need to stay out of it. Let Zimbabwe take care of it. I don;t see anyone here trying to figure out how to feed, clothe, and vaccinate the people of Zimbabwe, so don't feign outrage over a single lion. 

Go PHS Lions!

See, I like lions.

Agree on hunting.  To each his own if you like it or don't, it's a matter of individual tastes as long as it's done legally.

I've known guys like this dentist.  They are not "hunters".  They have money to burn, they decide they want a trophy wombat and call somebody in New Zealand and say "how much for a trophy wombat?"  Enterprising guide says "bazillion dollars and you get your pick of trophy wombats".    Now, good sense would tell most folks that "hunting" isn't that easy for most things that would be a trophy, but our guy with more money than sense isn't really interested in the hunt, he's interested in the trophy and doesn't ask questions.   Truth is our wombat hunter would be happy to have it chained to the tarmac when he lands, kill it shooting from the widow of the plane,  never have to set foot on New Zealand soil, go home and have the skin Fed Ex'd home. Whether this dentist KNEW or should have known that the hunt's legality was questionable is up for debate.  I lean towards he should have probably known, if not full on ok'd whatever tactics it took to get it a "black maned MGM trophy" lion.  He probably did enough to maintain plausible deniability.  That said, there are unethical guides in Africa, and it's possible he was taken...I don't think that's the case...but it's possible.  If they can prove he knew, or even should have known, then he should be prosecuted.  At the very least, when they found the dead lion and it had a tracking collar they tried to destroy, then he knew something was up then, and he engaged in cover up.  That in and of itself is foul play.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
He probably did enough to maintain plausible deniability.  That said, there are unethical guides in Africa, and it's possible he was taken...I don't think that's the case...but it's possible.  If they can prove he knew, or even should have known, then he should be prosecuted.  At the very least, when they found the dead lion and it had a tracking collar they tried to destroy, then he knew something was up then, and he engaged in cover up.  That in and of itself is foul play.   

Add to the fact that I find it hard to believe they noticed the tracking collar after they removed the lions head and skinned it? BTW no one will be prosecuted in this, they will all bribe their way out.  The landowner is some relative of a judge over there.  Nothing will come of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »
Add to the fact that I find it hard to believe they noticed the tracking collar after they removed the lions head and skinned it? BTW no one will be prosecuted in this, they will all bribe their way out.  The landowner is some relative of a judge over there.  Nothing will come of it.

You may be correct on prosecution over there, but they're attempting to do it here based on the fact that the planning was done here.  Honestly, the hysteria over Cecil the lion's death is purely an American deal.  The people in Africa don't give a shit.  It's just another lion as far as they're concerned, but hey may very well get him here on that far reaching Federal statute.  I would like to see guys like him given pause on scheduling "canned hunts" due to being prosecuted.   If anybody might be discouraged from breaking a law for fear of prosecution, it's guys like this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2015, 07:34:54 PM »
You may be correct on prosecution over there, but they're attempting to do it here based on the fact that the planning was done here.  Honestly, the hysteria over Cecil the lion's death is purely an American deal.  The people in Africa don't give a shit.  It's just another lion as far as they're concerned, but hey may very well get him here on that far reaching Federal statute.  I would like to see guys like him given pause on scheduling "canned hunts" due to being prosecuted.   If anybody might be discouraged from breaking a law for fear of prosecution, it's guys like this.

Sorry but it WAS just another lion. Circle of life, nature. It's a cruel bitch.

Bigger fish to fry in the world right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »

Whale?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »

Yep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2015, 09:08:37 PM »

Whale?
Is that where Thlirra run off to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
Whale?

Its a mammal, but yeah sure. We wouldnt be hungry for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
Its a mammal, but yeah sure. We wouldnt be hungry for a while.

whatever.

i was a marine biologist.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:44:25 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »

I hope my circle of life doesn't include getting shot so MF'er can hang my head on the wall.

That would be most unkeen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »

i'm not sure if serious.

i was hoping to get back to this earlier but data service has been a hit and miss up in the tree.

is so, i completely disagree with the ignorance on display here.   circle of life, nature...whatever.  it was a hunt...a paid hunt.   there isn't anything regarding circle of life, nature about this hunt. 

secondly, regarding your statement it WAS just another lion.  the thing is...it wasn't. lion populations are threatened and will continue to decline.  it wouldn't surprise me if the African lion doesn't warrant an endangered tag in the next decade.

i'll put "it WAS just another lion" in a different light though, perhaps closer to home...

[forget status of the animal...it isn't in play] let's say you got invited to go on a bird hunt, but not just any old crow hunt.  it was a bird of prey hunt...an adventure in the forests of Auburn, AL and knew it was an opportunity to bag a Golden Eagle. 

bam! bam! 

you've downed this remarkable predator. 

but it turns out it wasn't just any other Golden Eagle but Nova... the War FUCKING Eagle VII.  you didn't know...fine but whoever guided you on this hunt knew.  released [stole] it from a captive state, ripped the identification tag off, led it to the forest you were hunting, and spotted it for you. 

you destroyed a symbol.  a mascot.  a kid's delight.  a study of research.  a stud for conservation.

anyway...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:17:08 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
i'm not sure if serious.

i was hoping to get back to this earlier but data service has been a hit and miss up in the tree.

is so, i completely disagree with the ignorance on display here.   circle of life, nature...whatever.  it was a hunt...a paid hunt.   there isn't anything regarding circle of life, nature about this hunt. 

secondly, regarding your statement it WAS just another lion.  the thing is...it wasn't. lion populations are threatened and will continue to decline.  it wouldn't surprise me if the African lion doesn't warrant an endangered tag in the next decade.

i'll put "it WAS just another lion" in a different light though, perhaps closer to home...

[forget status of the animal...it isn't in play] let's say you got invited to go on a bird hunt, but not just any old crow hunt.  it was a bird of prey hunt...an adventure in the forests of Auburn, AL and knew it was an opportunity to bag a Golden Eagle. 

bam! bam! 

you've downed this remarkable predator. 

but it turns out it wasn't just any other Golden Eagle but Nova... the War FUCKING Eagle VII.  you didn't know...fine but whoever guided you on this hunt knew.  released [stole] it from a captive state, ripped the identification tag off, led it to the forest you were hunting, and spotted it for you. 

you destroyed a symbol.  a mascot.  a kid's delight.  a study of research.  a stud for conservation.

anyway...

And I must ask if the drivel you posted above was truly serious.

Eagles in this country have been protected wince 1940. It is illegal to just about touch an eagle. So your whole diatribe is moot.

The circle of life includes humans. Lions are not endangered and in some parts of the world are a nuisance. You know, like killing and eating people! So what if it was a paid hunt. The permits allowed are to control the population of lions. Got a permit, a lions gonna die. If not a paid hunter bringing money in for the locals, then it will be some hired gun by the government. And the locals don't get squat.  As long as it was done within the confines of the law, why do you care. The locals certainly do not. And the fact that it was an old lion was even better. As lions get older, they lose privilege within the pride. Then they have to hunt their own food, including people.

I love how peoples' hearts are just crying over this damn lion when the little kids that are living in the village next door are dieing of disease and hunger.

Holy shit people, its a damn lion. They are not endangered and the guy had a tag. If the guide did anything illegal, then stick it to him.

And the lion population is not threatened and declining due to hunting, they are losing their habitat daily due to people. If you want to save the lion, send money for contraceptives.

So yes, it was just another lion; just like the other five elephants killed the same week and countless other animals killed during the same time frame. All under permit from the Zimbabwe government.

I hear you'll have a higher rate of success saving the whales....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »

I hope my circle of life doesn't include getting shot so MF'er can hang my head on the wall.

That would be most unkeen.

I think you misunderstand the circle of life. You would not be on somebody's wall. You would be processed in a pile of lion shit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions