Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Be Bothered With This

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: I Can't Be Bothered With This
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2015, 12:32:51 PM »

Holy shit people, its a damn lion. They are not endangered and the guy had a tag. If the guide did anything illegal, then stick it to him.

So yes, it was just another lion; just like the other five elephants killed the same week and countless other animals killed during the same time frame.

Holy shit Auburn fans, it's a damn tree. It's not like you can't plant another damn tree in the same damn spot...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »
A giraffe? Better mount that thing in a room with a retractable skylight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
Holy shit Auburn fans, it's a damn tree. It's not like you can't plant another damn tree in the same damn spot...

You have to be one stupid ass person to write this. (or maybe I missed the joke)

Here, a native sums it up for people like you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=1
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:07:25 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
I think you misunderstand the circle of life. You would not be on somebody's wall. You would be processed in a pile of lion shit.

Ok, that makes the wall mount look better. Thanks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »
I'm cool with most hunting. Probably the traditional types that I was raised on.  Whitetail deer, dove, turkey. etc.  And yes, with most types of hunting around this region of the country, hunters will eat what they kill and it is in fact, managed to keep the animal populations in check.  Not as keen on the trophy hunting of animals like lions and yes, giraffes. These hunters don't care squat about conservation, helping the economy of Bumfuck Africa or anything other than killing an exotic animal so they can get their picture made, then stuff it and hang it on the wall. Legal or not, there's just something inherently wrong with it.

Now, I will call my own damn self out for my hip-poc-krassy.  I love saltwater fishing.  Caught many a sailfish.  Always catch and release.  But if I ever get the opportunity to reel in a 500 pound blue marlin.....that bitch is going on my office wall...quick!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »
Now, I will call my own damn self out for my hip-poc-krassy.  I love saltwater fishing.  Caught many a sailfish.  Always catch and release.  But if I ever get the opportunity to reel in a 500 pound blue marlin.....that bitch is going on my office wall...quick!   

Big difference in my mind between you fighting with a 500lb fish and you baiting a lion to come out of their protected sanctuary so you can shoot it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »
Big difference in my mind between you fighting with a 500lb fish and you baiting a lion to come out of their protected sanctuary so you can shoot it.

You speak in troofs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »
you completely missed the point i was making on how this hunt went down.

And I must ask if the drivel you posted above was truly serious.  yeah.

Eagles in this country have been protected wince 1940. It is illegal to just about touch an eagle. So your whole diatribe is moot. [i prefaced this in my post and no my point isn't moot]

The circle of life includes humans. Lions are not endangered and in some parts of the world are a nuisance. [never said they were endangered and you really should consider reading some facts and figures regarding the big cats worldwide] You know, like killing and eating people! So what if it was a paid hunt. The permits allowed are to control the population of lions [wrong] Got a permit, a lions gonna die. If not a paid hunter bringing money in for the locals, then it will be some hired gun by the government. And the locals don't get squat. [really, you really think the locals are getting a piece regardless if so it's a like giving the local drunk a penny]  As long as it was done within the confines of the law, why do you care. The locals certainly do not. And the fact that it was an old lion was even better. As lions get older, they lose privilege within the pride. Then they have to hunt their own food, including people.

I love how peoples' hearts are just crying over this damn lion when the little kids that are living in the village next door are dieing of disease and hunger. [i think michael jackson covered this in the '80's]

Holy shit people, its a damn lion. They are not endangered and the guy had a tag. If the guide did anything illegal, then stick it to him. [like i said it isn't "just" a lion]

And the lion population is not threatened and declining due to hunting, they are losing their habitat daily due to people.[i don't disagree (and this isn't necessarily the only thing either) here but illegal means of thinning out the population isn't accordance with my beliefs] If you want to save the lion, send money for contraceptives.

So yes, it was just another lion; just like the other five elephants killed the same week and countless other animals killed during the same time frame. All under permit from the Zimbabwe government. [no, it wasn't just any lion]

I hear you'll have a higher rate of success saving the whales....

you really should stop licking your block of salt...it is effecting the way you think.  oh i forgot you can't think on your own.  we established this before. 

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:37:32 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »
you completely missed the point i was making on how this hunt went down.

you really should stop licking your block of salt...it is effecting the way you think.  oh i forgot you can't think on your own.  we established this before.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
Why Cecil the Lion Was So Popular With People

"Large, powerful, but regal," Cecil was known for being comfortable around humans—and simply for having a name, say those that knew him.

For more than a decade, visitors to Zimbabwe's Hwange National Park would notice that one lion stood out from the rest—an enormous male with a long, shaggy black mane. The lion so endeared himself to tourists that he was given a name: Cecil.

These days, following the international uproar over his killing death, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn't heard of Cecil.

But lions have been killed by trophy hunters before and surely will be again. So what was it about Cecil that struck a chord with the international community?

"Cecil was the ultimate lion," says Brent Stapelkamp, a field researcher with Oxford University's Wildlife Conservation Research Unit (WildCRU), who knew Cecil perhaps better than anyone else."He was everything that a lion represents to us as humans," Stapelkamp says. "He was large, powerful, but regal at the same time."

And Cecil was close to humans, too. Stapelkamp has been studying the lion since 2008, and Cecil and his pride had been part of an ongoing research project with Oxford since 1999.

Indeed, part of what made Cecil such a favorite among tourists on safari was the way he became accustomed to people.

Stapelkamp says Cecil would allow vehicles to get close to him, sometimes within just 30 feet (about 10 meters), "which made photography and research very easy."

Stapelkamp once found Cecil and around 20 other lions from his pride feeding on the carcass of an elephant. It was a banner day for observation, and he remembers taking over 500 photos.

"He was receiving a lot of attention from both his females and his cubs," Stapelkamp remembers. (See "Opinion: Why Are We Still Hunting Lions?")

"He later fell asleep on the carcass with his head on the elephant's chest while the rest shared the meal."

Cecil wasn't just a good photo op.

"The collaring of lions like Cecil have given us a vast amount of knowledge about lions and their behavior in the environment," says Stapelkamp.

For instance, tracking the lions of Hwange National Park revealed that some of the animals range over long distances—even swimming across rivers that get in the way.

Stapelkamp says one of the WildCRU-collared lions traveled around 150 miles (240 kilometers) from Hwange National Park to the city of Livingstone, across the border in Zambia. It seems the lion attempted to swim across the Zambezi River, which is notorious for its white-water rapids.

"He was washed 400 meters [nearly a quarter mile] downstream before he could get out," says Stapelkamp. (See National Geographic's lion pictures.)

By studying these animals, WildCRU hopes to better understand the threats they face in the wild and learn how to mitigate them.

WildCRU also runs an anti-poaching team, a local conservation-themed theater group, and an education campaign that targets schoolchildren.

The Oxford project also works with local farmers to find ways to coexist with lions, and partners with Long Shields Lion Guardians, a program led by Stapelkamp to lessen conflicts between people and lions.

Luke Dollar, program director for National Geographic's Big Cats Initiative, says he remembers Cecil for the sheer fact that he had a name, which was unusual.

When animals become well known to people, as Cecil did, it "becomes easier to relate to them and communicate their tales, which creates an additional draw for tourism and human interest," Dollar says.

Lions are at the top of every safari tourist's wish list, and Cecil's iconic status alone probably helped generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in tourism each year.

Even in death, Cecil's impact on global big-cat conservation cannot be underestimated, he notes. (See "Can Lion Trophy Hunting Support Conservation?")

But "one of my greatest fears is that, in light of recent events, would-be visitors and ecotourists might refrain from visiting Zimbabwe or other African countries and parks where big cats are also readily seen," says Dollar.

"Doing so would cause an even greater loss of economic justifications for protection of wildlife."

Link

tit for tat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:58 PM »
Link

tit for tat

Not really. This is a guy whose funding came from studying the lion.

That is like asking the fox should you put a lock on the hen house!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
I like tits
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »
I'm cool with most hunting. Probably the traditional types that I was raised on.  Whitetail deer, dove, turkey. etc.  And yes, with most types of hunting around this region of the country, hunters will eat what they kill and it is in fact, managed to keep the animal populations in check.  Not as keen on the trophy hunting of animals like lions and yes, giraffes. These hunters don't care squat about conservation, helping the economy of Bumfuck Africa or anything other than killing an exotic animal so they can get their picture made, then stuff it and hang it on the wall. Legal or not, there's just something inherently wrong with it.

Yeah but you also release the 500lb Marlin.  You can't eat them you take a picture and the taxidermist creates one for you, same with any fish no one uses the real fish as a mount anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
Yeah but you also release the 500lb Marlin.  You can't eat them you take a picture and the taxidermist creates one for you, same with any fish no one uses the real fish as a mount anymore.

Like his ball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »

I'll mount you, you sexy bitch. 

Did not know they didn't use any part of the fish.  Never caught anything that I considered having mounted.  That's cool.  I'd rather not tote his big ass back to shore anyway, unless I was in a tourney.  BTW, at the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic this past June in Destin, they brought in a 900 pound blue marlin, which was by far a tournament record. I was going that night to the weigh in but there was so much traffic, you had to park a couple of miles away and take a tram.  I said frick it.  Wish I had gone now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
I don't hunt, but I have many friends who do and have eaten my fair share of deer meat.  I have no problems with hunting.  I have no problems with big game hunting except for the fact that most of the time the meat is wasted, so I don't really get it. I find the hypocrisy amazing based on what others have said regarding the outroar of killing a lion vs the fact that numerous citizens of that country are killed every year, not to mention abortion being legal.

However, I am actually surprised by your stance CCTAU.  I get that you are a hunter. But to me what he did wasn't hunting.  Sitting in a tree stand waiting for your animal to come out.. setting up decoys and blinds that's hunting.  I equivocate this particular hunt to me going to a zoo and shooting a monkey in a cage.  Where's the thrill of the hunt? The adventure?  I can go to my local supermarket and buy fresh fish, but I enjoy going fishing.  It seems to me you are just taking the stance against this particular item because all of the liberals and hollywood seem to be in an uproar about it.   

Here's the thing this wasn't just any lion like you said.  If it was just any lion you wouldn't have heard a peep about it.  I don't know that this Dentist knew that the hunt was illegal, but I can guarantee you at some point he did and yet he still took his trophy.  For a guy that was involved in prior issues with hunting and has gone on a lot of african safaris, something sure smells funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
I'll mount you, you sexy bitch. 

Did not know they didn't use any part of the fish.  Never caught anything that I considered having mounted.  That's cool.  I'd rather not tote his big ass back to shore anyway, unless I was in a tourney.  BTW, at the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic this past June in Destin, they brought in a 900 pound blue marlin, which was by far a tournament record. I was going that night to the weigh in but there was so much traffic, you had to park a couple of miles away and take a tram.  I said frick it.  Wish I had gone now.

pffft...rookie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »
btw....there are one too many mounts on this board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions