Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Be Bothered With This

Re: I Can't Be Bothered With This
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:12 AM »
LOL, trust me - no one would ever be under the illusion that you did. And neither do the hundreds of thousands pecking out 140 character death threats whilst Mufasa flashbacks run through their brains like the tears down their cheeks. The future is bleak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
Because you watch too many movies and have lost your grip on reality, perhaps? It's a single lion. No this particular one shouldn't have been taken but by all accounts, the dentist himself wasn't at fault for that aspect of the situation. The landowner and guide are hired for a reason. They are paid to lead a legal and safe hunt.

Meanwhile a quarter of the actual human beings existing within the same country's borders as this single animal are dying of malaria, AIDS, and God knows what else... and we hear not a peep.

Internet vigilantism, folks.
^^This.
"I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt," CBS reported.

"I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt," Palmer said, according to CBS. "I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion."

Mexican drug gangs could start raping and abducting all teenage girls they can reach in Tx, Putin can patrol the Gulf of Mexico in a nuclear sub, and disease and pestilence may go rampant across the U.S. but one thing is for sure, most of our "animal lovers" will die to protect Snookums and not be concerned re: human problems.

I like dogs but by today's standard, I doubt I'm considered an "animal lover"--If I have to put animals on the same level as humans.

I hated the dog fighting stuff and want people charged with a crime. I hate animal cruelty, where people are purposely injuring animals for entertainment. But, there are better things to concern ourselves with than to want to attack a dentist from Minnesota who thought he was legally hunting a lion.

The U.S. has an animal loving problem and we've put some animals above humans on the food chain. But it would be politically incorrect to address the issue and 3/4 of the population would object.

It's a sickness that has grown leaps and bounds over the last 30 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
^^This.
"I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt," CBS reported.

"I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt," Palmer said, according to CBS. "I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion."

Mexican drug gangs could start raping and abducting all teenage girls they can reach in Tx, Putin can patrol the Gulf of Mexico in a nuclear sub, and disease and pestilence may go rampant across the U.S. but one thing is for sure, most of our "animal lovers" will die to protect Snookums and not be concerned re: human problems.

I like dogs but by today's standard, I doubt I'm considered an "animal lover"--If I have to put animals on the same level as humans.

I hated the dog fighting stuff and want people charged with a crime. I hate animal cruelty, where people are purposely injuring animals for entertainment. But, there are better things to concern ourselves with than to want to attack a dentist from Minnesota who thought he was legally hunting a lion.
The U.S. has an animal loving problem and we've put some animals above humans on the food chain. But it would be politically incorrect to address the issue and 3/4 of the population would object.

It's a sickness that has grown leaps and bounds over the last 30 years.

I agree with what your saying, BUT this dude has already been convicted of poaching a bear in Wisconsin. He is as guilty as the lead and guide. He knew. I think some of the outrage comes from he knew and thought no one would find out and was in the "Do you know who I am crowd".   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
I agree with what your saying, BUT this dude has already been convicted of poaching a bear in Wisconsin. He is as guilty as the lead and guide. He knew. I think some of the outrage comes from he knew and thought no one would find out and was in the "Do you know who I am crowd".

He looks like a pussy is part of the problem. 

I can't possibly imagine what "enjoyment" this limp dick fucker gets froom slaughtering wild animals that are essentially captives.  It's like going to the zoo and bagging penguins. 

I hate him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 11:30:17 AM »
I do not respect the way that this guy or others take their trophies.

I have been on safari three times in my life. Once, I was with a paid guide and a rented gun. It was in the wild but the gun part is what made it less appealing and unsatisfying.

The next time that I went (3 years later), I wanted the truest sense of being one with the jungle. So, I canned the ammo and only had my bowie knife and a loin cloth. It was not easy taking the lion and water buffalo that I was fortunate enough to harvest on that trip but it was satisfying. One can go from being the hunter to the hunted very quickly whilst belly crawling through the bush at dusk. But I lived to tell my story.

My next trip, I had hand to hand with 3 male gorillas that ended poorly and I don't like to talk about it.

But I was able to drop down out of tree onto a gazelle and slash its throat, so I didn't go home empty handed.

I just had a very sore ass from the gorilla experience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
He looks like a pussy is part of the problem. 

I can't possibly imagine what "enjoyment" this limp dick fucker gets froom slaughtering wild animals that are essentially captives.  It's like going to the zoo and bagging penguins. 

I hate him.

I don't hunt, I understand that's its done. Its legal and folks do it. I'll eat the meat that they shoot. It does control the animal population. For certain personal reasons I have no desire to shoot a weapon unless defending myself or others. But guys like this that pay big money for these hunts are just stoking their ego's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 11:35:36 AM »
I do not respect the way that this guy or others take their trophies.

I have been on safari three times in my life. Once, I was with a paid guide and a rented gun. It was in the wild but the gun part is what made it less appealing and unsatisfying.

The next time that I went (3 years later), I wanted the truest sense of being one with the jungle. So, I canned the ammo and only had my bowie knife and a loin cloth. It was not easy taking the lion and water buffalo that I was fortunate enough to harvest on that trip but it was satisfying. One can go from being the hunter to the hunted very quickly whilst belly crawling through the bush at dusk. But I lived to tell my story.

My next trip, I had hand to hand with 3 male gorillas that ended poorly and I don't like to talk about it.

But I was able to drop down out of tree onto a gazelle and slash its throat, so I didn't go home empty handed.

I just had a very sore ass from the gorilla experience.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 12:36:32 PM »
I'll eat the meat that they shoot.

He tossed the carcass in the grass.

Nobody eats lions. 

I'd be happy to kill this guy. With a crossbow.  Wouldn't think twice about it.  Not sure what that says about me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »

Nobody eats lions. 

I'd be happy to kill this guy. With a crossbow.  Wouldn't think twice about it.  Not sure what that says about me.
I'm not qualified to say exactly what it says about you either. But, I do know that most other crazy people keep quiet about it and aren't as willing to share their illness. Kudos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 01:13:02 PM »

Nobody eats lions. 

It says you'll prolly have to get in line as there are many folks ahead of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
http://www.vice.com/read/robert-mugabe-lion-elephant-meat-218

Idi Amin eats people, too.  So we should have people farms and let sexually frustrated dentists go on human hunts? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 02:21:16 PM »
Because you watch too many movies and have lost your grip on reality, perhaps? It's a single lion. No this particular one shouldn't have been taken but by all accounts, the dentist himself wasn't at fault for that aspect of the situation. The landowner and guide are hired for a reason. They are paid to lead a legal and safe hunt.

Meanwhile a quarter of the actual human beings existing within the same country's borders as this single animal are dying of malaria, AIDS, and God knows what else... and we hear not a peep.

Internet vigilantism, folks.

^^ he speaks for all of us....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
Idi Amin eats people, too.  So we should have people farms and let sexually frustrated dentists go on human hunts?

Not at all. Killing humans is what you've been advocating in this thread, not I. I was simply pointing out your misconception.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 02:30:43 PM »

You have no idea what he knew. And there is no evidence he knew anything - right now. Join the emotional outrage express with the rest of the celebrities calling for the guy to be hung.

Step back for a second and see how ridicilous it all looks....just for a minute, and what Catphish is saying. Looking at all the circumstantial facts, it would appear some overzealous guides did some pretty shady shit in order to do what they needed to do to make bank on a huge trophy kill. Did the guy know he had killed an older male and know it was probably a big get? Sure. But with the lion being out there by himself outside the normal park bounds and away from the pride, to the naked eye he would look like fair game, and not the integral part of the pride that he really was.

At this point the dude is guilty of ignorance and following some morons. Maybe more will come out later. Who knows. But right NOW it doesn't warrant the mob justice mentality that this has generated. But hey, its the American way. Before long, all decisions and verdicts will be handed down based off feeling and emotional mob mentality instead of real facts. People need to slow their roll on this shit and let the facts play out for a minute.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:32:15 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
Maybe we should let the Planned Parenthood folks go on a planned baby hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »

Auctioning off exterminated baby body parts to the highest bidder behind closed doors (which IS illegal). If only Jimmy Kimmel and the rest of the celebrity screw jobs cared as much this.....as they do getting justice for Cecil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »
You have no idea what he knew. And there is no evidence he knew anything - right now. Join the emotional outrage express with the rest of the celebrities calling for the guy to be hung.

Step back for a second and see how ridicilous it all looks....just for a minute, and what Catphish is saying. Looking at all the circumstantial facts, it would appear some overzealous guides did some pretty shady shit in order to do what they needed to do to make bank on a huge trophy kill. Did the guy know he had killed an older male and know it was probably a big get? Sure. But with the lion being out there by himself outside the normal park bounds and away from the pride, to the naked eye he would look like fair game, and not the integral part of the pride that he really was.

At this point the dude is guilty of ignorance and following some morons. Maybe more will come out later. Who knows. But right NOW it doesn't warrant the mob justice mentality that this has generated. But hey, its the American way. Before long, all decisions and verdicts will be handed down based off feeling and emotional mob mentality instead of real facts. People need to slow their roll on this shit and let the facts play out for a minute.

1) What he's guilt of first is trophy hunting.  That in and of itself is abhorrent to me.
2) What he's guilty of second is being a limp-dick, sexually frustrated nerd-o-potamus who gets off barrel-shooting creatures who are stronger, more attractive and more alive than he is.  He looks like the kind of fucktard whose frigid wife gives handjobs, but only once a month and only when there is a supply of plastic gloves available.
3) What he's guilty of third, is pretty clearly knowing he was doing something out of bounds just to stoke his weak-willed ego.  He killed a bear illegally and tried to cover it up.  Do you truly believe this fuck just 'accidentally' lured a lion out of a preserve -- a lion who has a history of just walking idly up to safari buses out of curiosity because he was continually exposed to them and ceased to see them as a danger -- and then tried to destroy the tracking device after he fucked up and didn't even kill it properly? 

Fuck this guy.  I hope he goes bankrupt, I hope his wife leaves him and I hope the only "safari" his puny ass can afford from this point on is a safari into the back alleys of Minneapolis to score another crusty needle and bag of black tar to numb his everlasting mental pain.  Fuck him.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »

Works for me.  Planned dentist hunt.  Then use his organs for something of relative value.  They're clearly not serving much purpose where they are. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 02:58:11 PM »
Auctioning off exterminated baby body parts to the highest bidder behind closed doors (which IS illegal). If only Jimmy Kimmel and the rest of the celebrity screw jobs cared as much this.....as they do getting justice for Cecil.

Yes. This pisses me off, too.

But there's no clearly defined target for my displeasure.  What is "PP?"  Who is "PP?"  Is it just one person?  A conglomerate?  There's no place to focus the disgust. 

The lion was a single act perpetrated by a single sick fuck.  Very simple to define the evil and isolate it.  That nerdy dentist bitch ass punk destroyed a creature that had done him no harm, was no threat and was not needed for survival.  It was an ego-driven act done for no purpose whatsoever but to provide the jerkoff with a few moment's thrill and give him something to brag about to his buddies. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions