Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is crazy.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
This is crazy.
« on: August 26, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
Two members of a local TV station's news team were fatally shot Wednesday during a live TV broadcast

This is fucked up.  Apparently this was the live video:

and this was the video of the shooter actually videoing.

The shooter video looks fake to me but I've studied both videos a dozen times and it looks real.  Story below.  Pretty sad.

Two members of a local TV station's news team were fatally shot Wednesday during a live TV broadcast near Roanoke, Va., setting off a manhunt that apparently has ended in the suspect shooting himself, WDBJ7-TV said.

The station, which initially reported that the suspect had died, amended the statement and said he was in critical condition.

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe told WTOP radio the suspect was a "disgruntled" WDBJ employee and that authorities expect to have him in custody soon. WDBJ later reported that the suspect killed himself.

Becky Coyner, with the Augusta County Sheriff's Office, said authorities had been looking for Vester Flanagan, 41, whose used the name Bryce Williams while working for WDBJ. Video has been posted on what appears to be Williams' Facebook page showing the shooting from the perspective of the shooter. The gun is visible and a victim, Alison Parker, is seen being shot.

The station said the shooting took place at about 6:45 a.m., at Smith Mountain Lake, a resort about 35 miles from Roanoke. Killed were WDBJ7 cameraman Adam Ward, 27, and reporter Parker, 24. A woman being interviewed on live TV was wounded.

The live broadcast at the time of the shooting showed Parker interviewing someone at a resort when, just off camera, shots rang out and Parker was heard screaming. The recording appears to include a  glimpse of the gunman dressed in black.

"This kind of loss will resonate in these halls for a long, long time as we remember in their short lives what dedicated journalism they produced and what outstanding journalists they were," WDBJ7 general manager Jeffrey Marks said.

Authorities were "working very diligently to track down the motive and the person responsible for this terrible crime against two fine journalists," Marks said. "They were just out doing their job today."

Marks said it appeared that Ward was shot first, and that Parker was shot trying to flee. Marks said authorities told him they were pursuing a possible suspect. He said Ward was engaged to producer Melissa Ott, who was working at the station at the time of the shooting and saw the tragedy unfold.

USA TODAY
Va. journalist shooting suspect posts details on Twitter, Facebook

The victims were from the Roanoke area, the station said. Adam graduated from Salem High School and Virginia Tech. Parker grew up in Martinsville and attended Patrick Henry Community College and James Madison University.

McAuliffe tweeted that he was "heartbroken over senseless murders today in Smith Mountain Lake." He said State Police were aiding local authorities in the effort to capture the gunman.

Chris Hurst, an anchor for the station, said he was Parker's boyfriend.

"She was the most radiant woman I ever met. And for some reason she loved me back. She loved her family, her parents and her brother," Hurst tweeted. And later: "I am comforted by everyone at @WDBJ7. We are a family. She worked with Adam every day. They were a team. I am heartbroken for his fiancee."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: This is crazy.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »
If he hit her with the first shots I don't see how she was able to run. Weapons fired that close that hit its target usually cause a lot of damage.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:51:06 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »
No question that is some F'd up mess.  In the first video, when they go back to the news anchor, the dumb bitch sounds like she thinks it's a joke.  Ooookay...we'll find out what happened there...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »
If hit her with the first shots I don't see how she was able to run. Weapons fired that close that hit its target usually cause a lot of damage.

Thats what I keep watching, if you watch in slow mo she doesn't even appear to be hit by anything.  Something doesn't seem right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
Where's bottomfeeder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
Thats what I keep watching, if you watch in slow mo she doesn't even appear to be hit by anything.  Something doesn't seem right.

He fired 14 times. She probably hit the deck after hearing the first couple (which he clearly misses), then he shot her while running/going to the ground. Him hitting the other lady in the back (the one that lived) would back up the story that they tried to run. Like you, Ive looked through these too many times and thats about all I can conclude.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:03:23 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »
That's fucking crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 01:18:49 PM »
Dipshit he is. And he just gave a bunch of other crazy mofo the idea to shoot with a GoPro for historical reason.   :facepalm: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
Dipshit he is. And he just gave a bunch of other crazy mofo the idea to shoot with a GoPro for historical reason.   :facepalm:

Het got off on it. He's famous now. Arrogant son of a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 02:15:56 PM »
/timeout/

FYI it wasn't a gopro that was from his cell phone.  GoPro's don't shoot video horizontal.  /timein/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 02:27:38 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/beta/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339

After Shooting, Alleged Gunman Details Grievances in ‘Suicide Notes’

By Pierre Thomas
    Jack Cloherty
    Jack Date
    Mike Levine

Aug 26, 2015, 2:03 PM ET

A man claiming to be Bryce Williams called ABC News over the last few weeks, saying he wanted to pitch a story, and wanted to fax information. He never told ABC News what the story was.

This morning, a fax was in the machine (time stamped 8:26 a.m.)almost two hours after the shooting. A little after 10 a.m., he called again, and introduced himself as Bryce, but also said his legal name was Vester Lee Flanagan, and that he shot two people this morning. While on the phone, he said authorities are “after me,” and “all over the place.” He hung up. ABC News contacted the authorities immediately and provided them with the fax.

In the 23-page document faxed to ABC News, the writer says “MY NAME IS BRYCE WILLIAMS” and his legal name is Vester Lee Flanagan II.” He writes what triggered today’s carnage was his reaction to the racism of the Charleston church shooting:

“Why did I do it? I put down a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…”

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

It is unclear whose initials he is referring to. He continues, “As for Dylann Roof? You (deleted)! You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE …(deleted)!!!” He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.

Later in the manifesto, the writer quotes the Virginia Tech mass killer, Seung Hui Cho, calls him “his boy,” and expresses admiration for the Columbine High School killers. “Also, I was influenced by Seung–Hui Cho. That’s my boy right there. He got NEARLY double the amount that Eric Harris and Dylann Klebold got…just sayin.'"

In an often rambling letter to the authorities, and family and friends, he writes of a long list of grievances. In one part of the document, Williams calls it a “Suicide Note for Friends and Family."

--He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work --He says he has been attacked by black men and white females --He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man

“Yes, it will sound like I am angry...I am. And I have every right to be. But when I leave this Earth, the only emotion I want to feel is peace....”

“The church shooting was the tipping point…but my anger has been building steadily...I’ve been a human powder keg for a while…just waiting to go BOOM!!!!”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »
/timeout/

FYI it wasn't a gopro that was from his cell phone.  GoPro's don't shoot video horizontal.  /timein/

nor do they zoom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
nor do they zoom.

Last time we try to use our Gopro in the bedroom. :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 03:38:28 PM »
I'd love to see how the media skirts around labeling this as a racially motivated hate crime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:05 PM »
This video is all over the facebooks. Fuck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 03:55:10 PM »
I'd love to see how the media skirts around labeling this as a racially motivated hate crime.

whitelivesDONTmatter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »

#blackskillingwhitesdon'tcount

And what this clown in the White House and his in pocket media is leading us into a small race war. Kill a few blacks here, they will kill a few whites here. (Rinse and repeat)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:11:12 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
He dead yall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions