Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Be Bothered With This

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: I Can't Be Bothered With This
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
See, here is the thing with me. It's not just Cecil. It's society, at least in the U.S.

I believe that once you start treating animals exactly the same as humans, you've got a problem. Maybe that's because I'm only 2 generations removed from the farm. Probably so.

I can remember my grandfather knocking the hell out of a mule with a piece of firewood. And you can believe it or not but the mule obeyed. I can remember him hitting a dog that my Uncle had bought him in the head with a piece of water pipe after the dog growled. It left a knot. The dog loved him for the rest of his life.

Today, these are examples of animal cruelty. Then, they were things that went on when you lived on a farm. I never saw what I thought to be animal cruelty. My grandfather loved that mule and his dog.

Today, our tax money is spent getting cats out of trees and gutters. They'll call out the ladder truck and have 25 first responders to help get Bitsy the shih tzu out of the gutter or Twinkles the cat out of an oak tree. When I was kid, Twinkles better find a way down or she would starve.

People are shithouse crazy. And if you took a poll, 75% on this board would likely side with the PETA, etc. crowd. That's fine. I've accepted that as the "norm". But it doesn't stop me from thinking people who believe it are shithouse crazy.

And, most of them likely eat KFC, Wendys, etc. So they aren't the animal saving saints that they believe themselves to be. So, they'll just have to believe that I'm backward and I'll believe they're nuts.

If this dentist knew, I hope he get's put in jail for a considerable amount of time. If not, I hope the people calling for him to be killed go live with the lions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 03:11:27 PM »
You have no idea what he knew. And there is no evidence he knew anything - right now. Join the emotional outrage express with the rest of the celebrities calling for the guy to be hung.

Step back for a second and see how ridicilous it all looks....just for a minute, and what Catphish is saying. Looking at all the circumstantial facts, it would appear some overzealous guides did some pretty shady shit in order to do what they needed to do to make bank on a huge trophy kill. Did the guy know he had killed an older male and know it was probably a big get? Sure. But with the lion being out there by himself outside the normal park bounds and away from the pride, to the naked eye he would look like fair game, and not the integral part of the pride that he really was.

At this point the dude is guilty of ignorance and following some morons. Maybe more will come out later. Who knows. But right NOW it doesn't warrant the mob justice mentality that this has generated. But hey, its the American way. Before long, all decisions and verdicts will be handed down based off feeling and emotional mob mentality instead of real facts. People need to slow their roll on this shit and let the facts play out for a minute.

Never called for a mob, never said we should hang this guy by his balls. Simply said the guy was a douche and most guys who hunt big game because of the money they have are douches.

Edit: The tweeting of this guys address and other stuff is bullshit. I would like to see him sue Hollywood dipshits that are doing this. I agree, lets see what comes out and go from there.   
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:22:05 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 03:19:09 PM »
Kaos' anger is likely an overcompensation for the angry-time lost while thinking Cecil was an African American male.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »
See, here is the thing with me. It's not just Cecil. It's society, at least in the U.S.

If this dentist knew, I hope he get's put in jail for a considerable amount of time. If not, I hope the people calling for him to be killed go live with the lions.

This. The stuff you said in between was good too, but this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 04:59:26 PM »
Would there be all this ruckus if Cecil was a "White" mane Lion? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
Would there be all this ruckus if Cecil was a "White" mane Lion?
#blacklionsmatter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 06:04:39 PM »

I believe that once you start treating animals exactly the same as humans, you've got a problem. Maybe that's because I'm only 2 generations removed from the farm. Probably so.
Dude... murdering a lion for sport has nothing to do with treating the lion as a human or any relation to what happens on the farm. It's about one sick fuck getting his joo-joo jollies by slaughtering an animal and discarding all but the severed head.  I'm not ascribing mystical or magical attributes to the lion, only respecting it as a pretty cool creature.   

I can remember my grandfather knocking the hell out of a mule with a piece of firewood. And you can believe it or not but the mule obeyed. I can remember him hitting a dog that my Uncle had bought him in the head with a piece of water pipe after the dog growled. It left a knot. The dog loved him for the rest of his life.

Today, these are examples of animal cruelty. Then, they were things that went on when you lived on a farm. I never saw what I thought to be animal cruelty. My grandfather loved that mule and his dog.

I know you're being facetious, but some would take this seriously.  Big difference in whooping the shit out of a dog or a mule.  I beat one of my dogs senseless for growling and snapping at my daughter when she walked by its food bowl.  That's what you do to domestic animals. 

Today, our tax money is spent getting cats out of trees and gutters. They'll call out the ladder truck and have 25 first responders to help get Bitsy the shih tzu out of the gutter or Twinkles the cat out of an oak tree. When I was kid, Twinkles better find a way down or she would starve.
Andy Griffith helped kittens out of trees.  Good enough for him, good enough for me.  Atticus Finch also shot a rabid dog.  That's gotta be done too.

People are shithouse crazy. And if you took a poll, 75% on this board would likely side with the PETA, etc. crowd. That's fine. I've accepted that as the "norm". But it doesn't stop me from thinking people who believe it are shithouse crazy.

And, most of them likely eat KFC, Wendys, etc. So they aren't the animal saving saints that they believe themselves to be. So, they'll just have to believe that I'm backward and I'll believe they're nuts.
I don't side with PETA for the most part.  And I eat meat.  Love it.  That's what some animals are for.  As soon as Wendy's has lion burgers and we pass giant farms filled with lion prides being raised for eating purposes, you'll have a point. 

The fucker knew.  Of that I have no doubt.  He just wanted to prove his manhood so badly he didn't care and didn't think he'd get caught.  So fuck him.  Jail isn't good enough.  Feed his ass to lions. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 07:08:11 PM »
How long will it be before the progressive loons start clammoring to have Teddy Roosevelt scrubbed from history for taking part in safaris? When will the call come to ban Ernest Hemingway's books because of his love of trophy hunting?

This is quite simply another example in a long list of them to keep us occupied while sinister shit that we should be focused on goes unnoticed. This "outrage du jour" ranks around number 12,947 on my list of issues for which a damn should be given.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »
How long will it be before the progressive loons start clammoring to have Teddy Roosevelt scrubbed from history for taking part in safaris? When will the call come to ban Ernest Hemingway's books because of his love of trophy hunting?

This is quite simply another example in a long list of them to keep us occupied while sinister shit that we should be focused on goes unnoticed. This "outrage du jour" ranks around number 12,947 on my list of issues for which a damn should be given.

All I heard was, "I hate pussy."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2015, 09:08:28 PM »

Let me kill the dentist and the issue goes away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 12:37:32 AM »
I don't care at all about this particular incident, if the guy did something intentionally illegal fudge him, if he didn't leave him alone. However, if you take the emotion out of it and think about it with strict logic using facts everyone that loves wild animals should love hunting. They should, in particular, want people to hunt whatever their favorite wild animal is.

Hunters  are the absolute best conservationists. In fact, hunters are so great at conserving wild populations of animals they make all other conservation efforts laughable. Making something "endangered" doesn't do shoot to ensure a species' survival, especially out in the asshole of nowhere like mosquitoplauge, Africa. Hunters are the reason wild populations of Rocky mountain elk, mule deer, blacktail deer, sitka deer, whitetail deer, Merriam's turkey, Osceola turkey, eastern turkey, goulds turkey, antelope, all the whatever sheep species, brown bears and black bears exist in the United States. Ducks unlimited is the reason there are real migratory ducks and wetlands around, not just shootty golf course pond ducks. This is just in the United States.

Wild animals ain't shoot in the face of human progress to most people. I am totally sure that if hunting wild African game wasn't a thing most of that shoot wouldn't exist to the extent it does now. The people over there have no interest in keeping populations of wild lions around. Lions eat them. They fudgeing hate being eaten, so by extension they hate lions.

The only people that voluntarily go to that godforsaken hellhole of a continent are missionaries, gold/diamond miners and hunters. I imagine the vast majority of infrastructure in that place comes from foreigners seeking gold and diamonds, spreading Jesus and killin' animals. Diamond miners and and missionaries don't care about animals. You stop legal trophy hunting? Native poachers kill all the animals and 1/3 of the money and infrastructure there dies. Trophy hunting is demonstrably better for the area than all the internet activism we first world countries can possibly muster.

You wanna save the tiger or black rhino? Let it be known that if rich assholes raise the money to grow a hunt-able wild population you'll let 'em kill some. Does that say something dark about human nature? Maybe. But we are hunter/gatherers. Its in our blood.

Full disclosure: I hunt and fish so much that it makes me uncomfortable to buy meat at the grocery store. No interest in ever going to Africa, no interest in trophy hunting lions. I would, however, love to kill a grizzly bear with my bow so I guess you can call me an asshole for that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:41:48 AM by smooth_operator »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 02:02:06 AM »
I don't care at all about this particular incident, if the guy did something intentionally illegal fudge him, if he didn't leave him alone. However, if you take the emotion out of it and think about it with strict logic using facts everyone that loves wild animals should love hunting. They should, in particular, want people to hunt whatever their favorite wild animal is.

Hunters  are the absolute best conservationists. In fact, hunters are so great at conserving wild populations of animals they make all other conservation efforts laughable. Making something "endangered" doesn't do shoot to ensure a species' survival, especially out in the asshole of nowhere like mosquitoplauge, Africa. Hunters are the reason wild populations of Rocky mountain elk, mule deer, blacktail deer, sitka deer, whitetail deer, Merriam's turkey, Osceola turkey, eastern turkey, goulds turkey, antelope, all the whatever sheep species, brown bears and black bears exist in the United States. Ducks unlimited is the reason there are real migratory ducks and wetlands around, not just shootty golf course pond ducks. This is just in the United States.

Wild animals ain't shoot in the face of human progress to most people. I am totally sure that if hunting wild African game wasn't a thing most of that shoot wouldn't exist to the extent it does now. The people over there have no interest in keeping populations of wild lions around. Lions eat them. They fudgeing hate being eaten, so by extension they hate lions.

The only people that voluntarily go to that godforsaken hellhole of a continent are missionaries, gold/diamond miners and hunters. I imagine the vast majority of infrastructure in that place comes from foreigners seeking gold and diamonds, spreading Jesus and killin' animals. Diamond miners and and missionaries don't care about animals. You stop legal trophy hunting? Native poachers kill all the animals and 1/3 of the money and infrastructure there dies. Trophy hunting is demonstrably better for the area than all the internet activism we first world countries can possibly muster.

You wanna save the tiger or black rhino? Let it be known that if rich assholes raise the money to grow a hunt-able wild population you'll let 'em kill some. Does that say something dark about human nature? Maybe. But we are hunter/gatherers. Its in our blood.

Full disclosure: I hunt and fish so much that it makes me uncomfortable to buy meat at the grocery store. No interest in ever going to Africa, no interest in trophy hunting lions. I would, however, love to kill a grizzly bear with my bow so I guess you can call me an asshole for that.

The argument that the best way to save animals is to murder them for sport defies any rational logic.  You're using "the hunter's excuse" to justify something -- trophy hunting -- that is abhorrent. 

And yes, if you really want to kill a grizzly bear just to say you did?  Asshole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 03:26:03 AM »
The argument that the best way to save animals is to murder them for sport defies any rational logic.  You're using "the hunter's excuse" to justify something -- trophy hunting -- that is abhorrent. 

And yes, if you really want to kill a grizzly bear just to say you did?  Asshole.

Uhm excuse me I'm going to eat it and hope it doesn't taste like hiker and make a kick ass rug. But if I legally did I would be spending several thousand dollars, most of which would either directly or indirectly flow into the maintenance of bear populations and their lands. Compare my money to a couple million facebook likes and shares about saving the grizzly and see which one actually helps.

Also I didn't justify anything. Made no claims of moral correctness at all. I just simply spoke about the way things are. Reality isn't necessarily just or moral it just is what it is. To me it is, in fact, morally incorrect to kill something you do not use, thus what most people think of as "trophy hunting" is wrong. Doesn't mean trophy hunters aren't doing all the things I mentioned in my post.

You can say it "denies rational logic" but I spoke absolute facts. If facts don't agree with your "logic" I suppose you need to adjust your logic because I cannot change facts. You can bitch and moan on the internets about the fate of the poor animals but I've done more to ensure that my state has wild game and lands this year than you've done your entire life. Hunters in the US are directly responsible for the vast majority of viable wild populations of game and the lands they thrive on.

Its sort of like capitalism. Its not what college kids and liberal hippies dream of but it is a system that works. Those lands and animals are preserved because they are useful, not because someone on reddit sort of likes the idea of them existing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2015, 09:41:34 AM »

Actually, it defies no logic at all. Humans are driven to action by their personal desires. Responsible outdoorsmen appreciate the game they hunt and want to continue hunting it. Therefore they work to ensure their habitats and numbers support the ongoing flourishment of the species. But all that's been said before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
Different take on hunting that has nothing to do with Cecil the Lion or some diva 911 dispatcher.  Throughout college and a few years after, I was huge into whitetail deer hunting.  Had all the guns, all the gear, all the doe piss or whatever vile liquid we used to mask our filthy human scents.  I was living in Montgomery and Auburn during those years and me and my buddies had access to a lot of hunting land.  Got married and she took me and my balls down to LA.  Had access to hunting land down here too but after a few trips, I realized that "hunting" had little to do with the hunt and almost everything to do with getting together with my friends.  (Cue Deliverance movie quotes in 3...2...1...)

Very similar to golf for me.  In my former life when I worked for a company, the guys I worked with were constantly playing golf.  We'd rarely let 2 weeks go by without a round.  Left and opened my own business and I haven't played 3 rounds in almost 15 years.  It wasn't the golf.  It was drinking beer and talking shit.  Just like hunting. It was about throwing back shots of whiskey and shooting up anything that might have moved.  WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO......   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2015, 10:02:37 AM »
Different take on hunting that has nothing to do with Cecil the Lion or some diva 911 dispatcher.  Throughout college and a few years after, I was huge into whitetail deer hunting.  Had all the guns, all the gear, all the doe piss or whatever vile liquid we used to mask our filthy human scents.  I was living in Montgomery and Auburn during those years and me and my buddies had access to a lot of hunting land.  Got married and she took me and my balls down to LA.  Had access to hunting land down here too but after a few trips, I realized that "hunting" had little to do with the hunt and almost everything to do with getting together with my friends.  (Cue Deliverance movie quotes in 3...2...1...)

Very similar to golf for me.  In my former life when I worked for a company, the guys I worked with were constantly playing golf.  We'd rarely let 2 weeks go by without a round.  Left and opened my own business and I haven't played 3 rounds in almost 15 years.  It wasn't the golf.  It was drinking beer and talking shit.  Just like hunting. It was about throwing back shots of whiskey and shooting up anything that might have moved.  WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO......   

I'll take "you shore got a purdee mouth" for 200 Alex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »

The reason I play so much golf. But my buddies and I play also for the MAN competition. We play about 3 to 5 rounds a week. Taking the day off and playing 36 on Monday. Which will include the over priced Tour 18 but we have coupon for the round which brings it down to $35.00 I think.

I have killed a few golf balls and have one on my trophy wall. (Hole in one)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2015, 10:32:03 AM »

Probably one of your less intelligent posts. Emotions are clouding the issue.

If nothing illegal was done, then there is no issue here. Animals are killed all of the time in Africa. It is how they control the population. It matters not why. If it is not a paid hunter, it will be a government official.

The locals who live there did not even know there was an issue.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:43:21 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
It was drinking beer and talking shit.  Just like hunting. It was about throwing back shots of whiskey and shooting up anything that might have moved.  WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO......   

I'm glad you quit then. The stereotype of the ignorant drunk redneck hunter comes to mind.

Responsible hunting is more than that. But you know that.

I love to hunt. It does create more enjoyment when I am with family and friends. But I love the meat. No preservatives, no hormones, no drugs.

And the money I put into it goes directly to the preservation of many species.

I'm not a sport hunter. Never have been. But others are. And that is there thing. As long as they do not waste the meat, I'm fine with that.

Much more good come to the local people from a legal Cecil kill than does harm. If it was illegal, then by all means string the guy up. But pussified Americans really need to stay out of it. Let Zimbabwe take care of it. I don;t see anyone here trying to figure out how to feed, clothe, and vaccinate the people of Zimbabwe, so don't feign outrage over a single lion. 

Go PHS Lions!

See, I like lions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2015, 11:17:57 AM »
I'm glad you quit then. The stereotype of the ignorant drunk redneck hunter comes to mind.

Responsible hunting is more than that. But you know that.

I love to hunt. It does create more enjoyment when I am with family and friends. But I love the meat. No preservatives, no hormones, no drugs.

And the money I put into it goes directly to the preservation of many species.

I'm not a sport hunter. Never have been. But others are. And that is there thing. As long as they do not waste the meat, I'm fine with that.

Much more good come to the local people from a legal Cecil kill than does harm. If it was illegal, then by all means string the guy up. But pussified Americans really need to stay out of it. Let Zimbabwe take care of it. I don;t see anyone here trying to figure out how to feed, clothe, and vaccinate the people of Zimbabwe, so don't feign outrage over a single lion. 

Go PHS Lions!

See, I like lions.

The part about the whiskey....it was, I say it was a joke, son.  I keep tossin' em' and you keep missin' em'. 

Nice boy but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions