Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »
Not surprising.  And an emphatic "No" about Paterno resigning?  Wow!!!  Just wow!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
They're still trying to formulate an excuse for Paterno. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »

For fucks sake there isn't one.  Paterno had a chance to save what little dignity he had left by sucking it up and stepping down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
Probably don't want him making it worse.  Thamel and others saying he's gone witin days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »

I dont think so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »
Probably don't want him making it worse.  Thamel and others saying he's gone witin days.

I hope he stays just so Thamel will be wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
The report I heard on WJOX was that a couple of BOT members said they were in the process of "managing his departure."    Sounded like he might not even coach this weekend.  And he shouldn't.  The last thing I'm sure they want is Joe getting in front of reporters and trying to make excuses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »
It's hard to believe that one of the most legendary coaches in the history of this sport that I love is going to step down because he helped cover up an old man screwing children in the ass. 

This is fucking disgusting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2011, 01:04:05 PM »
If someone had told me a week ago that JoePa's career would end in utter shame and embarassment over a child sex scandal, I'd have laughed.  It's surreal.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2011, 01:13:42 PM »
It's hard to believe that one of the most legendary coaches in the history of this sport that I love is going to step down because he helped cover up an old man screwing children in the ass. 

This is fudgeing disgusting.

I figured it would happen someday.  I just always assumed it would involve Houston Nutt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2011, 01:26:39 PM »
I figured it would happen someday.  I just always assumed it would involve Houston Nutt.

Post of the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
Post of the day.

this would be post of the year on woopussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »
I figured it would happen someday.  I just always assumed it would involve Houston Nutt III.

Game.

You almost have it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:34:23 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
Heath Evans making sense. 

I am not surprised by the allegations that came out this weekend about long-time Penn State Assistant Coach Jerry Sandusky. Each day the Heath Evans Foundation hears stories that evidence the widespread nature of childhood sexual abuse in our country. You can read some of them at our site www.imavictim.com.

What I am shocked and upset about is how little attention the story is getting. This investigation has been going on for three years and this is the first we have heard about it? That’s a travesty! An important institution of higher learning buried reports about the abuse and used the excuse of, “It was horseplay?” Despicable and inexcusable.

The most conservative statistics say that one in four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before the age of 18. Google it if you have any trouble believing. You’ll likely find more profound numbers. This is an epidemic that has been quiet for too long!

What amazes me is that as I sit over the weekend and search the major newspapers and television news sites, I find so much about Herman Cain, so much about the Greek government, about the Michael Jackson trial — and so little about the alleged molestation of young boys by an authority figure and the cover-up of his actions by university officials.

My own hometown newspaper, The Palm Beach Post, ran the story on page 6 of the sports section. Papers in my adopted hometowns of New Orleans and Boston similarly missed the boat on making an issue of something that affects the health of our country’s youth.

Spend time this morning online looking at the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Atlanta Journal/Constitution, and Chicago Sun Times and you will find the story if you look for it.

You’ll find it under such stories as a plumber’s sweetheart sewer contract (Chicago); sunny days replaced by rain (Atlanta); diversity on school menus (L.A.); and Berlusconi’s possible resignation (N.Y.). The Philadelphia Inquirer’s online site presents six stories about the topic — but not under their “Today’s Features” section that draws the reader’s eye.

USA Today online does much better. The Penn State story actually makes it into the top three. The Huffington Post places it below the “online fold” — below stories of politics, economy, and the fact that older folks are wealthier than younger folks.

Today I am calling out newsrooms across the country. This is a story much bigger than football.

If you want economics, talk about the financial impact of the addictions and years of therapy that such abuse causes. If you want politics, talk about why so little is done to punish sexual predators. If you want sports, talk about abuse of boys and girls by deviant coaches and parents who turn a blind eye hoping that what they suspect is not true.

With reflection, I liken this epidemic to cancer. I certainly do not want to lessen the importance of a physical disease that afflicts so many, but I do want to make the point that childhood sexual abuse tears apart lives and families in much the same way — yet gets much less attention.

Tomorrow I will be calling out the NCAA, as I examine the way that they major on the minors. I am hoping that this case receives more attention from them than some tattoos at Ohio State.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Penn State Coach Scandal Should Be Front-Page News
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

http://www.newsmax.com/HeathEvans/Penn-State-Coach-Scandal/2011/11/07/id/417164
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:37:10 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
Being reported on teh twitters:

http://twitter.com/#!/slmandel

Scott Paterno, Joe's son, is working on setting up an off-campus press conference for Paterno to speak at.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
The Heath Evans Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
Post of the day.

Unfortunately, bad timing.  This would be a post of the week even, but Sani's "He married a pop up blocker" wins.  Sad when you bring your A Game, and still come in second. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »
Being reported on teh twitters:

http://twitter.com/#!/slmandel

Oh noes...this ain't gone be purdy! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
Unfortunately, bad timing.  This would be a post of the week even, but Sani's "He married a pop up blocker" wins.  Sad when you bring your A Game, and still come in second.

That's just life in the big leagues, baby. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »
That's just life in the big leagues, baby.

Your pop up blocker says you know squadoosh about "big leagues".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions