Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Today in Bama News

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Today in Bama News
« on: April 14, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/04/alabama_db_has_felony_assault.html
Alabama DB Deionte Thompson wanted in felony assault warrant in Texas

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/ncaa-reportedly-believes-alabama-97-coaching-staffers
NCAA oversight committee chair chastises Alabama for having 97 staff members, 12 more than one for every scholarship player on the team

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/04/heres_all_the_robert_bentley_s.html
13 Unsolved mysteries from the Robert Bentley Scandal
How deep was UA in the muck?

So many cords in the the Bentley affair run back to Tuscaloosa, Alabama needs to know what was the deal at Bama. We know the University paid the Masons’ company, ostensibly for billboards. Those payments were made through, of all things, Paypal, and were part of a no-bid contract.

Meanwhile, the university participated in potentially lucrative consulting work with the Gulf State Park hotel reconstruction — a conspicuous project, the ins and outs of which have not been sufficiently explored or explained.

Whatever the deal was there, it was enough for the university to withdraw once the deal became a public spectacle, and curiously the university’s lawyer, Cooper Shattuck, resigned in the aftermath.

And finally, the NCAA decides Bama is allowed to cheat.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/former-alabama-assistant-football-coach-acted-unethically
A former Alabama assistant football coach acted unethically when he provided false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel. The university also committed Level III recruiting violations when a second former assistant football coach had impermissible off-campus contact with a recruit during an evaluation period and members of the football staff impermissibly allowed a prospect’s youth football coach to attend a recruiting visit at the prospect’s home.
The panel used the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to prescribe the following measures:

Public reprimand and censure for the university.

A two-year show-cause period for the former assistant coach from April 14, 2017, through April 13, 2019. During that period, any NCAA member school employing the former coach in an athletics role, including his current school, must restrict him for all off-campus recruiting activities and require him to attend NCAA Regional Rules Seminars in 2017 and 2018.

The former assistant coach requested an expedited penalty case to contest the length of his show-cause penalty. After the hearing, the panel determined the penalty was appropriate because the former assistant coach had a responsibility as a part of the NCAA membership to provide truthful information during the investigation and he failed to do so during the interviews.

A withholding of the former assistant coach and his replacement from off-campus recruiting and telephone contact for 39 days, from April 22 through May 31, 2016 (self-imposed by the university).
The former assistant coach involved in a Level III violation was prohibited from participating in any off-campus recruiting for 30 days from Sept. 25, 2015, through Oct. 25, 2015, and suspended from one game during the 2015 football season (self-imposed by the university).

A disassociation of the booster (self-imposed by the university).

A $5,000 fine (self-imposed by the university).

Basically, just punish the coach. For Bama, it's $5,000 and "public reprimand" (lol yeah right).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:06:26 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Today in Bama News
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »
In other words, it's Friday in Tuscaloosa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »
Love this quote at the end of the story on Bama having 97 staff members.

Even if Alabama’s staff size is that large, it probably doesn’t have a huge impact on the outcome of most game’s given that the Crimson Tide have the most talent in college football and have the best coach as well.

Clemson and Dabo would like a word with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/04/alabama_db_has_felony_assault.html
Alabama DB Deionte Thompson wanted in felony assault warrant in Texas

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/ncaa-reportedly-believes-alabama-97-coaching-staffers
NCAA oversight committee chair chastises Alabama for having 97 staff members, 17 more than one for every scholarship player on the team

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/04/heres_all_the_robert_bentley_s.html
And finally, the NCAA decides Bama is allowed to cheat.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/former-alabama-assistant-football-coach-acted-unethically
Basically, just punish the coach. For Bama, it's $5,000 and "public reprimand" (lol yeah right).

The program formerly known as Ole Miss would like a word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »
The program formerly known as Ole Miss would like a word.

DJ Pettway needs a candy bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
A $5,000 fine (self-imposed by the university).

Us common folks call that moving money from our checking to savings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
The real question is; will that leave a mark?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »
Who pays the $5,000: Peaches, Cecil Hurt, or Tom Abatar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Token

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
Who pays the $5,000: Peaches, Cecil Hurt, or Tom Abatar?

Mercedes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »
Has any program ever had an active coach get a show cause penalty and NOT go on probation? 

I'm going to guess no. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 11:03:26 PM »
Has any program ever had an active coach get a show cause penalty and NOT go on probation? 

I'm going to guess no.

I'll take the Alabama Crimson Tide for $800, Alex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
Today in Bama News:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/alabamas-reuben-foster-had-a-diluted-sample-drug-test-at-the-nfl-combine/
Alabama's Reuben Foster had a diluted sample drug test at the NFL combine

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-cyrus-kouandjio-partially-clothed-reportedly-tells-police-shoot-jumping-electric-fence-181413378.html?src=rss
Bills' Cyrus Kouandjio, partially clothed, reportedly tells police to shoot him after jumping electric fence
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 04:50:49 PM »
Today in Bama News:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/alabamas-reuben-foster-had-a-diluted-sample-drug-test-at-the-nfl-combine/

"I couldn't eat much, but I had to drink water and Gatorade," Foster said. "Then a few coaches said something about me being too light. And I'm a coach-pleaser. I don't care what everybody thinks, but I care what coaches think. So I drank and ate as much as I could without throwing up. Then I went in there, drinking and drinking water, trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick and trying to keep my weight up and took the test."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
See, what had happened was....I was eatin' then I wasn't eatin'.  Then I was drinkin' but I wasn't eatin' and then the coaches say "You need to eat and drink" but I couldn't do both at the same time but I really concentrated on eatin' then drinkin' as much as I could drink and eat.  Then I took the test and that's what had happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm a coach-pleaser
This is a career ender in softball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:44 PM »
I just saw scrolling across bspn that Cyrus kuwanjo was found half naked in a field!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 09:20:22 PM »
This is a career ender in softball.

And when your sugar dadd...err, coach leaves, you turn to the endo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 12:11:47 AM »
And when your sugar dadd...err, coach leaves, you turn to the endo!
I think he a crackhead that got hold off the wrong stuff and is playing a leprechaun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 11:12:05 AM »
Corch say I need to get bigger, so I keep drinkin till I get bigger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 11:05:10 PM »
I think he a crackhead that got hold off the wrong stuff and is playing a leprechaun.
Everybody seen the leprechaun say yeah!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.