Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?

Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:36:51 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/11/05/penn-state-ex-coach-others-charged-in-child-sex-case/

A lot of details coming out.  Apparently, this former defensive coordinator of Penn State had preteen and teenage boyfriends.  Even took them along to bowl games, team dinners, etc.  Later those evenings, Sandusky was having sexual relations with them.

Multiple people were notified of Sandusky's pederastic behavior and didn't notify the police.  This includes Joe Paterno who has not been named in this case.  But the Penn St AD and another administrator have been charged with not notifying the police about the relationship and activities between Sandusky and the child. 

Here's the official report:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

SbB is going through it.  I'm not sure if he can read, but he's tweeting some really disheartening information. 

2002: Paterno SPECIFICALLY told by grad asst he witnessed Sandusky anally raping child in PSU locker room. Police never notified.

After all of that, in 2007, Paterno allowed Sandusky to bring 11 yr old boy, who he was raping at the time, to multiple practices.

Criminal Docket: Before Paterno told in 2002 about specific Sandusky child rape, Sandusky charged w/ 35 child sex crimes. After 2002: 5 more

Sandusky took 12 yr old on 2 bowl trips & to other games. Boy ate dinner w/ coaches, roomed w/ Sandusky. 'Fixture' as Sandusky companion

Pre-teen boy who Sandusky raped for four years appeared in a story about Sandusky that appeared in Sports Illustrated & in coaching video.

2 PSU staffers charged w/ not notifying police, child services. Paterno, highest profile employee in state of Pennsylvania, not charged.

I have a feeling Paterno isn't involved with any of the criminal investigations because of his age and his importance to the state. 

Still though.  Fucked up.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:38:00 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »
Saban to PSU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/11/05/penn-state-ex-coach-others-charged-in-child-sex-case/

A lot of details coming out.  Apparently, this former defensive coordinator of Penn State had preteen and teenage boyfriends.  Even took them along to bowl games, team dinners, etc.  Later those evenings, Sandusky was having sexual relations with them.

Multiple people were notified of Sandusky's pederastic behavior and didn't notify the police.  This includes Joe Paterno who has not been named in this case.  But the Penn St AD and another administrator have been charged with not notifying the police about the relationship and activities between Sandusky and the child. 

Here's the official report:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

SbB is going through it.  I'm not sure if he can read, but he's tweeting some really disheartening information. 

I have a feeling Paterno isn't involved with any of the criminal investigations because of his age and his importance to the state. 

Still though.  Fucked up.

I haven't heard many details.  Just heard about Sandusky last night.  Would be sad to think that someone is trying to implicate Paterno just to run him off.  However, from the looks of things, it would seem headed that direction at the moment.  Hard to survive being linked to this type shit.  Joe is lucky he's not long for this world if this stink gets on him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

fmnstr

• Hatin' all kinds of shit since 1985.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »
That report is some seriously brutal shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 01:56:52 AM »
Has to be the end of Joe Pa, and it will tarnish his reputation.  He knew what the fuck was going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:38:49 AM »
Has to be the end of Joe Pa, and it will tarnish his reputation.  He knew what the fuck was going on.
I agree, you have to call the police in that situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 01:40:45 AM »
Yup
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 08:26:13 AM »
I'll bet they will find a way for him to "gracefully" bow out.  That is really some messed up shit though, and if he were really the great leader the state pen fans think he is, it would have been squashed as soon as Joe Pa heard of or saw anything going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
I'll bet they will find a way for him to "gracefully" bow out.  That is really some messed up shit though, and if he were really the great leader the state pen fans think he is, it would have been squashed as soon as Joe Pa heard of or saw anything going on.
This situation is some sick ass shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »
This motherfucker wrote an autobiography called Touched.  In it, he talked about the charity for children that he started and how he would have kids come stay at his house.

This is one of the most fucked up stories to come out in a long time. 

He used a charity for at-reach children to lure boys into his sexual fantasy.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »
He used a charity for at-reach children to lure boys into his sexual fantasy.   :sad:
It's like the time Jumbo started a rescue kennel for stray dogs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
This motherfucker wrote an autobiography called Touched.  In it, he talked about the charity for children that he started and how he would have kids come stay at his house.

This is one of the most fucked up stories to come out in a long time. 

That's fucked up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
It's like the time Jumbo started a rescue kennel for stray dogs
Your barking up the wrong tree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »
Fuck me this shit's going to continue down the toilet. 

Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno released a statement today regarding the child sex abuse charges filed against his former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, saying "If this is true we were all fooled."

Perjury and failure to report charges were also filed against university Athletic Director Tim Curley and Vice President for business and finance, Gary Schultz, after prosecutors say they ignored a report in 2002 from then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary that McQueary had witnessed Sandusky performing a sex act with a boy in the Penn State football locker room.

Paterno, 84, told Curley about what McQueary witnessed, but said in his statement that he was never told the specifics of what McQueary saw.

This is the statement, in full:

"If true, the nature and amount of charges made are very shocking to me and all Penn Staters. While I did what I was supposed to with the one charge brought to my attention, like anyone else involved I can't help but be deeply saddened these matters are alleged to have occurred.

"Sue and I have devoted our lives to helping young people reach their potential. The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling. If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers.

"As my grand jury testimony stated, I was informed in 2002 by an assistant coach that he had witnessed an incident in the shower of our locker room facility. It was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report. Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky. As Coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I referred the matter to university administrators.

"I understand that people are upset and angry, but let's be fair and let the legal process unfold. In the meantime I would ask all Penn Staters to continue to trust in what that name represents, continue to pursue their lives every day with high ideals and not let these events shake their beliefs nor who they are."

Anyone believe him that they didn't specifically tell him what they saw? 

"Yeah, uh, coach, um, Coach Paterno, that um, Coach Sandusky is uh, well, he uh, he's doing something inappropriate in the locker room."
"I'll refer it to the administration.  Thanks for telling me about it, and I appreciate the specificity of your reporting."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
Fuck me this shit's going to continue down the toilet. 

Anyone believe him that they didn't specifically tell him what they saw? 

"Yeah, uh, coach, um, Coach Paterno, that um, Coach Sandusky is uh, well, he uh, he's doing something inappropriate in the locker room."
"I'll refer it to the administration.  Thanks for telling me about it, and I appreciate the specificity of your reporting."

Nope.  Which is why this will ruin Paterno.  He may not get charged, but he damn sure knew what was happening and covered it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
Nope.  Which is why this will ruin Paterno.  He may not get charged, but he damn sure knew what was happening and covered it up.

Next week's headline:

"Joe Paterno Diagnosed with Dementia.  Will Step Down Immediately."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
Now available at local State College, PA McDonalds. A real favorite among former defensive coordinators...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
Now available at local State College, PA McDonalds. A real favorite among former defensive coordinators...
Available in veal, of course?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions