Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?

Re: Anyone Following This Penn St Scandal?
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2011, 06:03:20 PM »
As I said, under PA law, Paterno did the absolute bare minimum he was required to do.  He fell woefully short of any moral obligation.   I do think he should be finished TODAY! 

Let us not forget too that this 2002 incident was witnessed by a 28 year old GA.  I would assume a former football player who witnessed an old man ass raping a boy he judged to be @10 years old, and "left the building distraught" instead of stomping the old fucker's ass and protecting the victim, or calling 911 from the nearest phone.  Then, according to GJ Report, called his father, who urged him to go to Paterno, which he did the following morning.  The GJ found his testimony "very credible".   This GA was NOT a child himself, and I question his inaction as well.  Makes me wonder about there being a very deeply ingrained "let's keep this in house" culture at PSU.

The GA (who was a former PSU quarterback) should definitely be hit as well. 

But how did this Sandusky guy get to use PSU facilities until 2009?  How did anyone with a brain not realize that he was fucking the boys he was taking on bowl trips?  How did anyone miss that Sandusky was doing this shit all while running a charity that attracts vulnerable young kids who don't have anyone to rely on? 

My gut feeling says this is a ticking nuclear bomb.  Something stinks to high heavens about this story. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »
In this instance, I don't think the chain of command is HC-AD-President.  It should be...GA-Police or GA-HC-Police. The Police is the next step in the chain of command (not the campus police, the real police).

THS, I definitely agree...this story will be massive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »
In this instance, I don't think the chain of command is HC-AD-President.  It should be...GA-Police or GA-HC-Police. The Police is the next step in the chain of command (not the campus police, the real police).

THS, I definitely agree...this story will be massive.

I'm NOT defending anyone involved.  However, you probably have to factor in the "No fucking way he saw that" factor.  The level of disbelief must be incredible.  The "what if I report this, and it's all a big misunderstanding, but now I've ruined a good man" must creep in to one's thoughts. 

OTOH, I have a hard time believing that if Sandusky was this brazen that people around him didn't know, or weren't at least really suspicious. 

But, in the end, I've prosecuted these cases...those of us who are normal in our sex drive, somehow have a difficult time processing how fucked up some people can be, and wind up being willfully blind. 

Paterno is finished.  I expect he'll resign at his presser tomorrow.  If not, he'll be run shortly thereafter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 07:55:15 PM »
I'm NOT defending anyone involved.  However, you probably have to factor in the "No fucking way he saw that" factor.  The level of disbelief must be incredible.  The "what if I report this, and it's all a big misunderstanding, but now I've ruined a good man" must creep in to one's thoughts. 

OTOH, I have a hard time believing that if Sandusky was this brazen that people around him didn't know, or weren't at least really suspicious. 

But, in the end, I've prosecuted these cases...those of us who are normal in our sex drive, somehow have a difficult time processing how fucked up some people can be, and wind up being willfully blind. 

Paterno is finished.  I expect he'll resign at his presser tomorrow.  If not, he'll be run shortly thereafter.
That's what I'm thinking, someone else had to know. This has been going on for too long for atleast one or two people not to know, I think that's what will be the "bomb"....who all knew about it and for how long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
The motherfucker was still using the Penn State facilities just as recently as last week. 

Embattled former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky continued to be a presence around the Penn State football program up to his arrest Saturday on child molestation charges, including working out multiple times in the team’s weight room just last week, according to multiple sources within the football program.

The sources, who asked to remain unnamed due to the nature of the scandal, said they saw Sandusky working out in the Lasch Football Building last week.

Penn State said it banned Sandusky from bringing children to the football building after a then graduate assistant reported he saw the then 59-year-old coach and a 10-year-old boy in the shower of the football team’s locker room.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-wetzel_sandusky_penn_state_presence_last_week110711
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
If the GA had walked into the locker room and saw Sandusky stabbing a kid with a knife, he would have called the cops immediately.

Instead, he saw him anally raping the kid and waited until the next day to tell his head coach - NOT the cops - his head coach.

NO WAY does the GA not know that was a crime.  NO FUCKING WAY.  I would have kicked that bastard in the nuts and kept kicking while dialing 9-1-1.  Instead, he essentially does NOTHING.

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE - from the Univ President to Paterno to any coach on that staff who was there when Sandusky was, or who ever knew him to do more than say hi to, needs to be GONE.  NOW.  That is the most egregious example of "lack of institutional control" ever. 

Pedo coaches = Pedo priests.  There will be a special corner of hell for these fuckers and for those who knew and did nothing to stop them.  And I don't care who you are - JoePa or an archbishop - you are equally to blame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »
The more I hear and read about this, the worse it seems for Joe Pa.  I can see him not initially calling the police when the GA reported to him.  I can see that he may have not wanted to be a part of it.  Where he really goes wrong is in continuing  to allow Sandusky around, and in doing so knew there was no police investigation...THEN he should have taken steps outside the chain of command.  He essentially gave his approval of this behavior. 

The GA same same.  That fucker is still on the staff, and they knew Sandusky was still around the program, and still around kids. 

The whole fucking thing is sicker than sick! 

Joe Paterno is as guilty as Sandusky, and he should be gone today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
Anything less than Paterno stepping down at his press conference today is unacceptable. But...here's how it will go.  He'll gimp his shriveled ass up to the mic, read a prepared statement saying he can't answer any questions because of an ongoing investigation and he's preparing for a football game this weekend, the reporters will rightfully ignore the statement and hammer him about the scandal and he'll walk/gimp out on the presser.

Think about it.  What it comes down to is he was told his defensive coordinator was ass raping a child in the shower and he and the rest of the fine, upstanding Pedo State University administration ignored it and allowed it to keep happening.  Fuck him.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »
You know come to think of it their mascot already looks pretty close to a pedo bear.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
I'm afraid JoePa will get a pass from the media.  He needs to retire, effective immediately though.
I still cannot grasp the fact that the GA saw this and went home to call....his Pops?!?!?  I understand that he probably felt his career was over if he said anything, but how could you not go to the authorities?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
I'm afraid JoePa will get a pass from the media.  He needs to retire, effective immediately though.
I still cannot grasp the fact that the GA saw this and went home to call....his Pops?!?!?  I understand that he probably felt his career was over if he said anything, but how could you not go to the authorities?

How could any of them all the way from the GA to the athletic director not go to the cops?  The more I think about this and the more I hear, it just blows my mind.  And he KEPT on bringing kids on campus, on trips etc.  You know this wasn't kept as their little secret.  Anyone think Paterno is the only one the GA told?  I imagine a lot of other people knew and saw Sandusky constantly with kids.  Take it a step further...Sandusky started this childrens foundation long before he was caught raping one in the shower.  Did Paterno or anyone else think to consider Sandusky might be abusing numerous others?  This shit is sick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2011, 11:13:48 AM »
This whole thing goes to show that public perception is almost never correct. There are no saints, and you never know who the sinners are.

Cam Newton is innocent, and has done absolutely nothing wrong (public perception still hasn't budged much on that).

Jim Tressel, the do-righter in the v-neck sweater, is guilty of cheating.

Joe Paterno, the relic of what is right about coaching, harbored child rapists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »

No fucking way he gets a pass.  At first I thought he might, but he gave tacit approval to this sick shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
This whole thing goes to show that public perception is almost never correct. There are no saints, and you never know who the sinners are.

Cam Newton is innocent, and has done absolutely nothing wrong (public perception still hasn't budged much on that).

Jim Tressel, the do-righter in the v-neck sweater, is guilty of cheating.

Joe Paterno, the relic of what is right about coaching, harbored child rapists.

BAM...THIS just happened. Spot on Chizad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
So what Chad is saying is that all things Auburn = innocent and all others = evil. 

Sounds right to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:22 AM »
So what Chad is saying is that all things Auburn = innocent and all others = evil. 

Sounds right to me.

If the shoe fits.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:31 AM »

Sounds right to me.
^^^This^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
I was at a get together Friday night and get to talking this guy who has been with the police here for years and does a ton of investigation for attorneys as well.  He got to telling all these old war stories about different lawyers and judges around here..."This one time, we had ole Judge _____ at that strip club outside of.......you remember John Coctostan, well me and him and Art Vandelay loaded up these ole gals one night and...

Paterno sitting around the table with some old coaching buddies over whiskey drinks.  In best Yankee voice.  "Yeah, you remember that GA we had a few years back?  Well, he walks back into the locker room one night and hears this slap, slap, slap...turns out it's ole Sandusky giving the high hard one to this kid.  (Laughter erupts) Sandusky says, whattaya doin'? Turn out the damn lights, I ain't finished...and starts waving the GA outta' there.  (More laughter erupts) I tell ya', that damn Sandusky couldn't keep his dick outta' the kids."  BWAAAHAHAHA...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 11:35:26 AM »
I was at a get together Friday night and get to talking this guy who has been with the police here for years and does a ton of investigation for attorneys as well.  He got to telling all these old war stories about different lawyers and judges around here..."This one time, we had ole Judge _____ at that strip club outside of.......you remember John Coctostan, well me and him and Art Vandelay loaded up these ole gals one night and...

Paterno sitting around the table with some old coaching buddies over whiskey drinks.  In best Yankee voice.  "Yeah, you remember that GA we had a few years back?  Well, he walks back into the locker room one night and hears this slap, slap, slap...turns out it's ole Sandusky giving the high hard one to this kid.  (Laughter erupts) Sandusky says, whattaya doin'? Turn out the damn lights, I ain't finished...and starts waving the GA outta' there.  (More laughter erupts) I tell ya', that damn Sandusky couldn't keep his dick outta' the kids."  BWAAAHAHAHA...

Last paragraph may have been funnier than K's goat pic earlier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
It seems they are cowards as well in Happy Valley.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-scandal-joe-paterno-weekly-press-conference-canceled-article-1.974273

Penn State scandal: Joe Paterno's weekly press conference has been canceled
School officials say Paterno will not resign

BY Michael O'keeffe
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Originally Published: Tuesday, November 8 2011, 9:59 AM
Updated: Tuesday, November 8 2011, 11:58 AM

UPDATE: Joe Paterno's weekly press conference has been canceled.

Here is the statement read to the assembled media by sports information director Jeff Nelson:

"Due to the ongoing legal circumstances centered around the recent allegations and charges, we have determined that today's press conference cannot be held and will not be rescheduled."

Nelson did not take questions before leaving the podium, but when asked if Paterno would resign he simply said: "No."

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Embattled Penn State football coach Joe Paterno will meet with the media today, but school officials suggest Paterno will not talk about allegations that his longtime defensive coordinator sexually abused eight boys, or that university officials did not report the assaults to police, or that he should have done more once he learned of the alleged abuse.

"Media planning to attend Tuesday's Penn State football weekly teleconference are advised that the primary focus of the teleconference is to answer questions related to Penn State's Senior Day game with Nebraska this Saturday," sports information director Jeff Nelson said in a release issued to reporters late Monday. "Head coach Joe Paterno and any Penn State football student-athletes in attendance will be answering questions about the Nebraska game, Penn State's season thus far and other topics related to the current college football season."

LUPICA: PATERNO AT CENTER OF UNHOLY MESS

WEISS: FAN BOYCOTT WOULD OPEN EYES AT PENN STATE

George Beres, a former SID at Northwestern and Oregon, sent us an email that says Paterno is in for a rude awakening: "I can only laugh at Penn State's proposal of limiting questions to football at the next Paterno news conference. Any self-respecting reporter HAS to raise the sex subject, and the school has no way of preventing it."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/penn-state-scandal-joe-paterno-weekly-press-conference-canceled-article-1.974273#ixzz1d8PE80vX
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions