Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Okay, What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies???

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Okay, What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies???
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »
The obvious answer here is to build a rattlesnake fence.

Really thinking this would be the way to go

of course there is that whole arson charges thing that would be a little bothersome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »
Also, what gives me the heebie jeebies?

People moving slowly toward me in strobe lights.  The Ring isn't a scary movie, but watching that little bitch crawl out of that well and towards the tv sends chills down my spine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »
I have heard similar, the only difference was to use a regular rope dipped in kerosene.

I would go with this, then if you decide to go the arson route you already have a fuse made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Say there friend...how do you feel about marriage....and kids?

Not scared of either.  Just opting out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
Not scared of either.  Just opting out.

Really?  Why? 

Marriage is the best thing to ever happen to me, and here's the reason why:

When my wife and I....wait, hang on.  I forgot I have to take out the trash and mow the yard before noon today.  But I'll finish this for you soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »
I would go with this, then if you decide to go the arson route you already have a fuse made.

Its like thinking ahead for good measure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
Dammit, hell, poop, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   :suicide:  AGAIN!!!!

The wife just called.....coaches wife just called her and was screaming hysterically, a rattlesnake in the backyard and the dog has it all pissed off and her husband is not answering the phone.  Another neighbor is headed down to take care of it.......

Yup, fire is looking better by the minute.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »
Dammit, hell, poop, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   :suicide:  AGAIN!!!!

The wife just called.....coaches wife just called her and was screaming hysterically, a rattlesnake in the backyard and the dog has it all pissed off and her husband is not answering the phone.  Another neighbor is headed down to take care of it.......

Yup, fire is looking better by the minute.

You may be right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
You may be right.

In their defense they live in front of a couple of the lots that have timber and a pond on them.  Why the builder hasn't cleaned that shit up is beyond me.  No one is going to buy those lots until he does.  The snakes are usually in their area of the neighborhood....which is right across the street from me :sneer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »
In their defense they live in front of a couple of the lots that have timber and a pond on them.  Why the builder hasn't cleaned that shit up is beyond me.  No one is going to buy those lots until he does.  The snakes are usually in their area of the neighborhood....which is right across the street from me :sneer:

Sounds like we...I mean you have pinpointed the target area. You should call this in for an air attack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 11:12:42 PM »
Sounds like we...I mean you have pinpointed the target area. You should call this in for an air attack.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.........

The builder called tonight, apparently he has been called by several and asked me about the snakes.  I told him and he is coming up tomorrow to start cleaning up with a bushhog and box blade some lots down where they are more level.  It will help at least. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »

The builder called tonight, apparently he has been called by several and asked me about the snakes.  I told him and he is coming up tomorrow to start cleaning up with a bushhog and box blade some lots down where they are more level.  It will help at least.

You should get this on video. We can re-live the moments of flying snake flesh with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
You do realize that once he starts cleaning that up, the snakes will move out of that particular area and into your yard....in large numbers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »
You do realize that once he starts cleaning that up, the snakes will move out of that particular area and into your yard....in large numbers.

This is true. He could wet down the street that is b/w him and said field and hit it with an electrical charge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »

I will say this again. Clean up the rodents, and the snakes will leave. That is what they are after this time of year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »

Really?  Seriously?  After I sit here and convince myself that it will help, you have to bring up this shit?!!

No joke, I know it will put them on the move and that is fine.  I figure that I will see a couple move through.  I do every year so I expect it.  At least it will be a cleaner area and less places for their food source to hide. 

I will say this again. Clean up the rodents, and the snakes will leave. That is what they are after this time of year.

My yard is clean and so are those on either side of me.  I also spent the winter making sure that the fence row that is behind my yard is super clean and you have a plain view of sight.  This is the first year that I haven't seen any snakes in that spot.  I attribute it to the clean up, mothballs and neighbors cats.   Now saying that, I realize I will now see 15 or 20 this evening in one flowerbed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »
No joke, I know it will put them on the move and that is fine.  I figure that I will see a couple move through.  I do every year so I expect it.  At least it will be a cleaner area and less places for their food source to hide. 

Sit on your porch like this as they slither by.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »
Really?  Seriously?  After I sit here and convince myself that it will help, you have to bring up this shit?!!

My yard is clean and so are those on either side of me.  I also spent the winter making sure that the fence row that is behind my yard is super clean and you have a plain view of sight.  This is the first year that I haven't seen any snakes in that spot.  I attribute it to the clean up, mothballs and neighbors cats.   Now saying that, I realize I will now see 15 or 20 this evening in one flowerbed.

I was about to mention mothballs as well.

I only know of this from experience. I live right in between 3 HUGE hayfields in rural Lee County. The mice get bad in the Summer. The snakes come shortly after. So do the cats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
Hornets-Wasps-No problem, Bumble bees get me, While driving one time (windows opens) one somehow got sucked in the drivers window got shot right to my nutsack and he expressed in angry in a most painful way-right on the ball. Almost drove my car right into a tree.

Kids-The smaller they are the more scared I am. Luckily found a women who didn't want any. If I'd had kids-I'd be on cops every Sat night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »
Hornets-Wasps-No problem, Bumble bees get me, While driving one time (windows opens) one somehow got sucked in the drivers window got shot right to my nutsack and he expressed in angry in a most painful way-right on the ball. Almost drove my car right into a tree.

Kids-The smaller they are the more scared I am. Luckily found a women who didn't want any. If I'd had kids-I'd be on cops every Sat night in Wal Mart wearing Bama gear.

FIXT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE