Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Okay, What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies???

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Okay, What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies???
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
Talking about snakes in the other thread got me to thinking.  Snakes don't bother me at all.  Had one slither in my house a couple of weeks ago..small White Oak....and I reached down and picked him up and showed him to my wife....who promptly passed out.  (Beat my ass when she woke up)  For some reason, snakes just don't give me the willys.  But...

Wasps do.  If one of those bastards even buzz by my head, I get chills from head to toe. I hate em'.  I have like 6 cans of 20 foot stream Hot Shot around the house.  Fuck a nest of wasps.  They serve no purpose on this earth other than to terrorize me. 

Spiders....they run a reeeeeal close second.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Okay, What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »
You sick bastard! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Talking about snakes in the other thread got me to thinking.  Snakes don't bother me at all.  Had one slither in my house a couple of weeks ago..small White Oak....and I reached down and picked him up and showed him to my wife....who promptly passed out.  (Beat my ass when she woke up)  For some reason, snakes just don't give me the willys.  But...

Wasps do.  If one of those bastards even buzz by my head, I get chills from head to toe. I hate em'.  I have like 6 cans of 20 foot stream Hot Shot around the house.  Fuck a nest of wasps.  They serve no purpose on this earth other than to terrorize me. 

Spiders....they run a reeeeeal close second.

Aw, shit yeah. Quicksand's a scary motha, man. I mean, first of all, it suck you right in, and even if you scream, you get all that muck in your mouth...

I'm scared of spiders, Coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
You sick bastard!

Sick bastards give you the heebie jeebies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »
Yellow jackets and snakes scare the crap outta me.  I think the yellow jackets are more of a memory jog...when I was 8 or 9, I was stung by a whole freaking nest of them.  It has obviously scared me for life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
Yellow jackets and snakes scare the crap outta me.  I think the yellow jackets are more of a memory jog...when I was 8 or 9, I was stung by a whole freaking nest of them.  It has obviously scared me for life.
that and herpes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »
Few years ago, I'm driving down a busy 4 lane.  Look up and there's this spider walking on the headliner of my car right above me.  This was not your normal looking, garden variety spider.  Had an abdomen the size of Cleveland and no doubt, poisonous enough to kill an elephant.  There was a Lowes parking lot up ahead which was the first place I could pull off but I remember thinking, "If he drops on me....I am immediately steering into oncoming traffic and I will end it all right now."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Sick bastards give you the heebie jeebies?

Exactly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »
Your face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Six

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »
Emoticons and online polls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
Emoticons and online polls.

I see another thread being started shortly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

Got into a nest of them once while mowing.  My neighbor across the street thought I was on fire as I ran screaming like a bitch across the yard.  They quit popping me and I went to my car to look at my reflection in the glass to see if any more were on me.  Decided I'd better take off my shirt...reached down to grab my shirt and POW....

SON OF A BITCH
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
Few years ago, I'm driving down a busy 4 lane.  Look up and there's this spider walking on the headliner of my car right above me.  This was not your normal looking, garden variety spider.  Had an abdomen the size of Cleveland and no doubt, poisonous enough to kill an elephant.  There was a Lowes parking lot up ahead which was the first place I could pull off but I remember thinking, "If he drops on me....I am immediately steering into oncoming traffic and I will end it all right now."
I got you beat.

Back when I was in construction we were doing a job in Central Florida.  Our job site headquarters was an old gas station that had gone out of business years before.  Needless to say it was pretty nasty and rundown. We had gone up there a couple of days before to clean the place up and load some stuff for the job.   

The whole station was concrete block and had some holes in the walls probably 2-3 inches in diameter just in various locations.  We are in there sweeping up and I shit you not a spider the size of my fucking hand comes out from one of the holes. 

This was not like a tarantula, it was like a big meaty nasty looking bitch...so I am able to kill his ass with the broom.  A little later we are sweeping in the garage part of the station and out pops another one.  One of the guys helping us cleanup, steps on thing and it must have been carrying an eggsack all of sudden like a thousand little baby spiders are spread freakin everywhere....ughhhh still gives me the willies.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:51:40 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
Lots of little bitches up in this thread.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »
Snakes and Alligators

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
Roaches.

If one runs into the room I am in, I leave.  If I see one crawl underneath a couch, I stare at the couch until someone else finds it and kills it.  If there's one crawling on my front steps when I take the dog to pee at night, I tell the dog she won't be peeing that night. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
Don't like snakes.  They make me jump.

But heights?  I look over a ledge or something and it feels like my knees have turned to jelly and somebody is sticking a car battery to my chode area.   Weird. 

I get the same sensation watching other people in high places.  Third floor and my daughter wants to sit on the rail of the balcony?  Nope.  My nuts have drawn up into my lungs. 

I don't even like standing on a chair or climbing a ladder.  Flying, though, doesn't bother me.

Oddly enough I spent half my childhood climbing 20 or 30 feet up into trees with little thought.  Just did it.  Now?  Not going to get on the low branch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »
Another for the heights.  I discovered this at Rock City around the age of 6.  Officially went on mine and the parent's list for worst day ever.  Me because my pulse was about 300 the entire day, them because they had to carry me screaming across the swinging suspension bridge.

And spiders.  Snakes I can see, spiders are sneaky and will drop down your collar and suck out all your blood and replace it with venom.  If I walk into a spider web that I didn't see I am doing a dance and I don't care who sees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

chinook

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:31 PM »
crawling under the house...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions