Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trophy Hunts...

AUChizad!

Trophy Hunts...
« on: August 04, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »
Personally, I'm glad to see that they appear to be coming to an end. Agree with Kaos, it's a dumb and murderous activity. This girl is receiving the backlash that she deserves.

Idaho Hunter Defends Her 'Kill' Photos http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/idaho-hunter-defends-her-kill-photos/ar-BBlmZ6k?ocid=DELLDHP

Hunter Sabrina Corgatelli, of Idaho, is defending "kill" photos she recently posted on Facebook during a legal hunt in South Africa.

Corgatelli has received a firestorm of negative attention on her social media page in the wake of the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.

Facebook user Lili Brooksby said, "Wow. Well done. You killed a harmless slow animal. You must feel very big and clever. Enough to post it on Facebook. Sociopath." Another user, Maerwynn Griffin, posted, "You're really a disgusting person, Sabrina. Just a sad, small, disgusting person."

However, not all the comments directed toward Corgatelli were negative. Facebook user Becky Dipasquale defended the female hunter, posting, "You may not like what she hunts but wow seems she has more class then you foul mouthed so called compassionate (people)."

In her July 25 post on the giraffe, she said, "Such a amazing animal!! I couldn't be any happier!! My emotion after getting him was a feeling I will never forget!!!

Despite the heavy criticism of her hunting, which has included numerous death threats, Corgatelli has defended her hobby.

In an interview with TODAY's Carson Daly on Monday, Corgatelli said that "Everything (she has) done [in South Africa] is legal, so how can you fault somebody because of their hobbies?"

She told Daly, "There is a connection with the animal, and just because we hunt them doesn't mean we don't have a respect for them."

While Corgatelli's story differs from that of Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, who killed Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe, without a permit, the Idahoan has also had her job targeted by Facebook commenters. Some commenters posted her employment information online, according to TODAY.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Trophy Hunts...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »
Where is the TigersX trophy wall again?  And are of those hunts now illegal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
Where is the TigersX trophy wall again?  And are of those hunts now illegal?

Give me $50K and I'll lure a Chopper within range.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »
I think if done right and legal it is something that needs to be done. In some cases it kills off the older males who fight with the younger one over mating. But when you put rich folks willing to pay anything in a country of mostly poor folks who will do anything for money you get animals who get murdered for no other reason then a trophy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »
A giraffe?  You hunt giraffe's? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
A giraffe?  You hunt giraffe's?

She is a skirt.   :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »
Personally, I'm glad to see that they appear to be coming to an end. Agree with Kaos, it's a dumb and murderous activity. This girl is receiving the backlash that she deserves.

Idaho Hunter Defends Her 'Kill' Photos http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/idaho-hunter-defends-her-kill-photos/ar-BBlmZ6k?ocid=DELLDHP

Hunter Sabrina Corgatelli, of Idaho, is defending "kill" photos she recently posted on Facebook during a legal hunt in South Africa.

Corgatelli has received a firestorm of negative attention on her social media page in the wake of the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.

Facebook user Lili Brooksby said, "Wow. Well done. You killed a harmless slow animal. You must feel very big and clever. Enough to post it on Facebook. Sociopath." Another user, Maerwynn Griffin, posted, "You're really a disgusting person, Sabrina. Just a sad, small, disgusting person."

However, not all the comments directed toward Corgatelli were negative. Facebook user Becky Dipasquale defended the female hunter, posting, "You may not like what she hunts but wow seems she has more class then you foul mouthed so called compassionate (people)."

In her July 25 post on the giraffe, she said, "Such a amazing animal!! I couldn't be any happier!! My emotion after getting him was a feeling I will never forget!!!

Despite the heavy criticism of her hunting, which has included numerous death threats, Corgatelli has defended her hobby.

In an interview with TODAY's Carson Daly on Monday, Corgatelli said that "Everything (she has) done [in South Africa] is legal, so how can you fault somebody because of their hobbies?"

She told Daly, "There is a connection with the animal, and just because we hunt them doesn't mean we don't have a respect for them."

While Corgatelli's story differs from that of Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, who killed Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe, without a permit, the Idahoan has also had her job targeted by Facebook commenters. Some commenters posted her employment information online, according to TODAY.

Of course feelings on hunting run from one extreme to the other.  Every one is entitled to an opinion, and hunting isn't for everyone.  I'm not sure it's coming to an end any time soon though.  The animal rights people sure do like to vilify people for hunting, a legal activity, and attempt to ruin hunters lives over it if they possibly can.  I think their tactics are pretty despicable.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 09:07:02 PM »
friendly