I can't find anyone that's heard this....really hope it isn't true. :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

#1Bammer

Re: Shon Coleman
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:20:52 AM »
I for one, hope this is not true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 02:42:39 AM »
Rumor is pretty much everywhere at this point. 

See the same thing in most places.  Leukemia. 

That's assed up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:52:28 AM »
Rumor is pretty much everywhere at this point. 

See the same thing in most places.  Leukemia. 
I didn't hear it till this morning. Fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:54:43 AM »
I hope Auburn really does something special for Shon. And I hope they honor his football scholarship no matter if he can play football or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:29:25 AM »
People are saying this because he's at St. Judes in Memphis.

I guess that hospital specializes in cancer treatment?

If this is true, inb4 "Saban knew about this all along" from bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »
Per Rivals "skreets"....  in other words...  a poster that scouted Shon's facebook, says that his mother posted this....

According to Shon's mother on Facebook....

For any others out there that are curious about Shon's cancer, he has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Its malignant, but has a decent prognosis, depending on a few factors.

Unfortunate.  Hopefully they'll figure a way to contain and treat this.  Football just fell way down the list for this kid, and I hope he gets all the support and prayers he needs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
Per Rivals "skreets"....  in other words...  a poster that scouted Shon's facebook, says that his mother posted this....

Unfortunate.  Hopefully they'll figure a way to contain and treat this.  Football just fell way down the list for this kid, and I hope he gets all the support and prayers he needs.

This. ^  Hate it when it happens to anyone but it's always worse to me when it hits someone at a young age.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »
My 4 year old nephew has ALL.  If you "have" to have leukemia, this is the least bad of the two.  They do lots of chemo, steroids, and other drugs right off the bat to fight the initial "white cells run amok" and then you go into what they call maintenance, where the treatments occur on a regular schedule for several years until you go into remission.  However, that supposes you don't get any type of infection or even the flu during that period, which can be fatal at worst, and set your treatment back months at best.  My guess is that unless he comes through the initial treatment phase more quickly than Caleb did (it took him a year of constant treatment) Shon won't be able to start school in the fall.  Caleb was in virtual isolation while they destroyed his immune system and built it back up.

You guys keep this family in your thoughts.  The prognosis may be good, but the long road to get to remission sucks like you could not believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
The story is out.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2010/03/auburn_signee_shon_coleman_und.html
Auburn signee Shon Coleman undergoing chemotherapy
By Charles Goldberg -- The Birmingham News
March 29, 2010, 12:20PM

Auburn football signee Shon Coleman is undergoing chemotherapy, according to a message posted by his mother on her Facebook page.

Auburn coach Gene Chizik didn't identify Coleman's illness Monday, but acknowledged the prized offensive lineman "is dealing with a medical issue at this point and time.

"We want the young man to be healthy."

Coleman's mother, De Keisha Tunstall, posted this on her Facebook page today: "Shon is getting out today around noon. His latest blood test showed zero cancer in his blood. We won't know about the bone marrow for several weeks. He's taking his chemotherapy treatment like a champ. God is good!!!!"

Coleman signed with Auburn in February.

Chizik said he's spoken with the family about the diagnosis.  He said his main concern is Coleman's overall health, not his immediate football future.

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2010/03/auburn_football_notes_shon_col.html

Auburn football notes: Shon Coleman battling serious medical issue
By Evan Woodbery
March 29, 2010, 10:42AM
A few news and notes from our post-practice meeting with Auburn head coach Gene Chizik and others....

* Chizik said incoming offensive lineman Shon Coleman is dealing with a medical issue far more important than football. Chizik has spoken with Coleman and his family and offered his prayers and support.

Coleman's mother has posted on Facebook page that her son has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, but Chizik did not talk specifically about the diagnosis Monday.

"He's taking his chemotherapy treatment like a champ," De Keishia Tunstall posted about Shon in her latest update today.

We've been told that the Coleman family has requested privacy as it deals with the news.

Coleman is a native of Olive Branch, Miss., and was considered one of the top linemen in the Southeast.

* Assistant head coach/receivers coach Trooper Taylor said he's been impressed with the play of Ralph Spry Jr.

Spry, the son of Auburn's track coach, was a successful scholarship receiver at Minnesota but transferred closer to home. He sat out last year and has added some weight.

* Running backs coach Curtis Luper said he hasn't been able to draw any conclusions from Saturday's scrimmage. Mario Fannin is working with the first team, but Luper said there's no real depth chart yet.

Luper said scat-back Onterio McCalebb had gained about 15 pounds since last season and could gain another 10 before the 2010 campaign. Luper said he didn't expect the added pounds to affect McCalebb's speed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
My 4 year old nephew has ALL.  If you "have" to have leukemia, this is the least bad of the two.  They do lots of chemo, steroids, and other drugs right off the bat to fight the initial "white cells run amok" and then you go into what they call maintenance, where the treatments occur on a regular schedule for several years until you go into remission.  However, that supposes you don't get any type of infection or even the flu during that period, which can be fatal at worst, and set your treatment back months at best.  My guess is that unless he comes through the initial treatment phase more quickly than Caleb did (it took him a year of constant treatment) Shon won't be able to start school in the fall.  Caleb was in virtual isolation while they destroyed his immune system and built it back up.

You guys keep this family in your thoughts.  The prognosis may be good, but the long road to get to remission sucks like you could not believe.
So...what do they do in the regular scheduled treatments?

Damn, I hate it for Shon...prayers are with him and his family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
People are saying this because he's at St. Judes in Memphis.

I guess that hospital specializes in cancer treatment?

If this is true, inb4 "Saban knew about this all along" from bammers.

If you hear a bammer say this send me his address and I will kick his ass twice. Once for Shon and then for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »
If you hear a bammer say this send me his address and I will kick his ass twice. Once for Shon and then for me.
Not the same...but close.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/370575-auburns-shon-coleman-how-much-was-known-and-when

Auburn's Shon Coleman: How Much Was Known and When?

The news broke today that Auburn's Shon Coleman is being treated for a form of cancer. According to an Associated Press Report, Auburn coach Gene Chizik would not provide details for reporters after today's practice. But Coleman's mother posted about his chemotherapy on her Facebook page.

This unfortunate news raises the question if whether Coleman and his family know something was wrong, and when did they know it? If so, did the teams he was being recruited by know?

Did Coleman and his family know something was wrong when he signed with Auburn? We know he was considering a switch to the University of Alabama, but ultimately decided to stick with Auburn. Is it possible he decided to sign with Auburn because he knew there was an issue? Auburn's lack of depth and need for players means he would have a better chance of getting through his chemo and still having a chance at a high depth chart position. At stacked Alabama, time off usually means falling down the depth chart.

What the fuck is wrong with bammers?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:53:21 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »
Dear Bleeding Jesus. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone could write shit like that. Period. Like Shon Coleman is worried about playing anywhere right now.

Who the fuck wrote that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 10:48:27 PM »
So...what do they do in the regular scheduled treatments?

Damn, I hate it for Shon...prayers are with him and his family.
Lots of tests - spinal taps, bone marrow taps, then more specialized drug therapy treatments - usually some form of chemo in short durations - depending on what the tests show.  The initial treatment is more like "Kill it all, let God sort it out."  The specialized treatments are more like laser guided smart bombs.  Lots of drug trials right now too that are out there - Caleb has been in at least one of them.

Caleb has been very lucky - he has responded incredibly well and is actually back into his regular pre-school.  Still, infections and colds and random fevers and such are very scary around their house.

Shon is obviously in great shape so hopefully that will go a long way in helping him get through this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 10:50:14 PM »
Dear Bleeding Jesus. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone could write shit like that. Period. Like Shon Coleman is worried about playing anywhere right now.

Who the fuck wrote that?
No matter your religion, one thing we all can agree on...

Karma is a bitch.  Writing shit like that WILL come back to bite you on the ass.  Rat bammer bastards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 12:02:34 AM »
Unbelievable. Or is it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 02:02:19 PM »
Wow, that sucks hard. I hate to see anybody with something like that, but it's worse when it's a kid. Especially a kid who had such a bright future ahead of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »
Wow, that sucks hard. I hate to see anybody with something like that, but it's worse when it's a kid. Especially a kid who had such a bright future ahead of him.
He still has a bright future ahead of him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions