Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Shon Coleman

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Shon Coleman
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 02:12:58 PM »
Imagine that an Alabama fan that can't read too good. You are welcome.
well
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »
I don't know what cattle owners you know but anyone trying to make a living doing it with no other income struggles like a motherphuker.

The three I know personally also have chicken houses.  I don't know which pays more and it doesn't matter either way.  They all have cattle, they all enjoy cattle and farming and they all have nice houses. 

And even if they are struggling like a motherfucker, that alone shouldn't make someone a punchline.  Cow milking or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
The three I know personally also have chicken houses.  I don't know which pays more and it doesn't matter either way.  They all have cattle, they all enjoy cattle and farming and they all have nice houses. 

And even if they are struggling like a motherfucker, that alone shouldn't make someone a punchline.  Cow milking or not.

I agree completely about it being no punchline.  I grew up on a cattle farm.  One brother and my father are still there.  I can't speak to chickens but if you are raising cattle there is little if any money to be made in it unless you are brokering them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
I would think most cattle owners make money because it's not all they do.  If you have a farm, then it only makes sense to make use of the land and your time and create as many avenues of income as you can.  So I would think someone that only deals in cattle does struggle.  But there probably aren't many of them around these days.

It's no different than someone that owns a gas station.  It's to the point these days that people lose money at the pump and make their money inside on the $1.25 fountain drinks and $4.99 box of pop tarts.  If you only sell gas at a gas station, you're broke.  Which is why you don't see many old fashioned gas stations (with a garage) anymore.  You have to make money inside or you can't survive.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
I agree completely about it being no punchline.  I grew up on a cattle farm.  One brother and my father are still there.  I can't speak to chickens but if you are raising cattle there is little if any money to be made in it unless you are brokering them.

I will go out on a limb and say they are making thier money in the chicken business.  We had a neighbor that had 4 layer houses (eggs) and once he got them paid off, he was making approx $90 to $100K/ year.  Not bad money for NE Alabama.

EDIT:  Agree about it being no punchline as well.  I think we have had this conversation once before, but I am glad to know that I am not the only one who grew up having to do that shit.  Although I miss it at times but not enough to make me want to do it again.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:27:33 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »
Just for what it is worth, my very first pet that I remember was a black Angus bull named Preacher.  He was sweet and would eat treats out of your hand through the fence.

Both grandpas had cattle - mostly just to feed the families tho. One had soybeans and worked for Goodyear, the other raised pigs and worked for AL Power. 

Don't like to think about what might have happened to Preacher...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »
What really interesting to me is how many Auburn fans have very close relatives that spent their lives on the farm. Did that make us Auburn fans, probably not but it sure is interesting to me considering that Auburn was once the "Cow" college. I spent many of my young years riding a John Deere tractor with Paw Paw getting ready to reap in Blount County Alabama. Not to Mention, moms side of the family owning their on farms to live and make money to live on. Just for notice, current day farmers have more difficult times with making that same kind of money to succeed on than 20 years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 09:59:04 AM »
And what kind of a comeback is "there's more cattle in your county than mine"??
The "comeback" is, you bammers call Auburn the "Cow College" when there's actually more cattle in your County than there are in ours now....so, the fact that y'all still call Auburn the "Cow College" is pretty fuckin' stupid.  Y'all also realize that the last time Coach Bahr called Auburn the "Cow College" was during the week of the '72 Iron Bowl (Punt bama, Punt).  After that game, he stated that he'd never call Auburn that again.  I also know A LOT of cattle, chicken, pig and lead farmers....90% are SPuat fans.  One of my friend's Dad, converted over to Auburn after hearing a couple bammers on the radio make fun of Auburn for being a "Cow College", he didn't like that too much since he is also a cattle farmer.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:59:35 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »
The "comeback" is, you bammers call Auburn the "Cow College" when there's actually more cattle in your County than there are in ours now....so, the fact that y'all still call Auburn the "Cow College" is pretty phukin' stupid.  Y'all also realize that the last time Coach Bahr called Auburn the "Cow College" was during the week of the '72 Iron Bowl (Punt bama, Punt).  After that game, he stated that he'd never call Auburn that again.  I also know A LOT of cattle, chicken, pig and lead farmers....90% are SPuat fans.  One of my friend's Dad, converted over to Auburn after hearing a couple bammers on the radio make fun of Auburn for being a "Cow College", he didn't like that too much since he is also a cattle farmer.

You see this, Wes?  This is why I absolutely do not believe Prowler is "just fucking around" with the skreets bullshit.  My 8 year old doesn't make arguments this fucking stupid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »
You see this, Wes?  This is why I absolutely do not believe Prowler is "just fucking around" with the skreets bullshit.  My 8 year old doesn't make arguments this fucking stupid. 
Explain how this post is so completely asinine.

http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Alabama/Publications/County_Estimates/index.asp

Cows:
Lee Co.: 6,700
Tuscaloosa: 10,500

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »
Guys, I know its the offseason and all, but damn.......cow smack? Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »
Guys, I know its the offseason and all, but damn.......cow smack? Really?
To be fair, bammers are the ones issuing cow-smack, year round by referring to us as "cow-college" and "barners", etc.

Prowler simply stated that this smack is completely unfounded. Counter-smack, if you will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 03:31:06 PM »
Explain how this post is so completely asinine.

http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Alabama/Publications/County_Estimates/index.asp

Cows:

The stupid phuking "cow college" comment is and has always been a dig at Auburn for it's agriculture department.  http://www.ag.auburn.edu/

It's a retarded "smack" comment made by retarded people intended to piss off other retarded people.  The only thing more stupid than the "cow college" comment is a paragraph trying to justify why Auburn isn't a cow college.

Prowler catches a lot of poop for stupid comments.  Some of it warranted and some unwarranted.  This was a stupid, 3rd grade level argument full of dumb poop that isn't even relevant IF someone were to seriously argue about which school is a cow college.

And although I shouldn't spend any more time on this thread, I'm going to humor you with the asinine comments in yours and Prowlers comments.

IF I were to argue that Auburn is a cow college....

Cows:

Are these cows on campus?  Are they currently enrolled at Auburn or Alabama?  If not, how many cows are in the county has no relevance on whether or not Auburn is a "cow college"

Y'all also realize that the last time Coach Bahr called Auburn the "cow college" was during the week of the '72 Iron Bowl (Punt bama, Punt).  After that game, he stated that he'd never call Auburn that again.

Neither the '72 Iron Bowl or whether or not Coach Bahr ever called Auburn a "cow college" again has any relevance in the argument of Auburn being a "cow college". 

I also know A LOT of cattle, chicken, pig and lead farmers....90% are SPuat fans.

Starting to see a theme yet?  You should.  This statement doesn't include a single argument for or against either University and their "cow college" status. 

One of my friend's Dad, converted over to Auburn after hearing a couple bammers on the radio make fun of Auburn for being a "Cow College", he didn't like that too much since he is also a cattle farmer.

Damn.  That settles it.  Alabama is now the cow college.  You should have put this comment at the top of your argument.  Fucking rock solid evidence that Auburn isn't the cow college. 

Seriously.  A completely ridiculous argument.  I won't go as far as dropping Kevin's "sancho" line, but fuck, you act as an enabler on a lot of this stupid shit. 

And again, who really gives a fuck is Auburn is or isn't a cow college.  Auburn has a damn fine agriculture department.  That's something I would think Auburn fans would be proud of and pride themselves on. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
The stupid phuking "cow college" comment is and has always been a dig at Auburn for it's agriculture department.  http://www.ag.auburn.edu/

It's a retarded "smack" comment made by retarded people intended to piss off other retarded people.  The only thing more stupid than the "cow college" comment is a paragraph trying to justify why Auburn isn't a cow college.

Prowler catches a lot of poop for stupid comments.  Some of it warranted and some unwarranted.  This was a stupid, 3rd grade level argument full of dumb poop that isn't even relevant IF someone were to seriously argue about which school is a cow college.

And although I shouldn't spend any more time on this thread, I'm going to humor you with the asinine comments in yours and Prowlers comments.

IF I were to argue that Auburn is a cow college....

Are these cows on campus?  Are they currently enrolled at Auburn or Alabama?  If not, how many cows are in the county has no relevance on whether or not Auburn is a "cow college"

Neither the '72 Iron Bowl or whether or not Coach Bahr ever called Auburn a "cow college" again has any relevance in the argument of Auburn being a "cow college". 

Starting to see a theme yet?  You should.  This statement doesn't include a single argument for or against either University and their "cow college" status. 

Damn.  That settles it.  Alabama is now the cow college.  You should have put this comment at the top of your argument.  Fucking rock solid evidence that Auburn isn't the cow college. 

Seriously.  A completely ridiculous argument.  I won't go as far as dropping Kevin's "sancho" line, but fuck, you act as an enabler on a lot of this stupid shit. 

And again, who really gives a fuck is Auburn is or isn't a cow college.  Auburn has a damn fine agriculture department.  That's something I would think Auburn fans would be proud of and pride themselves on. 

*starts slow applause*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »
Coach Bahr was the one that stated it first, then you bammers, being the mindless retarded sheep that you are, followed...and are still using it as a dig at Auburn.  So yeah, I'd say that it definitely has relevance in the argument of Auburn being called the "cow college".

If you can't understand that, then you should be able to understand this...MOOOOO!!!!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »
Coach Bahr was the one that stated it first, then you bammers, being the mindless retarded sheep that you are, followed...and are still using it as a dig at Auburn.  So yeah, I'd say that it definitely has relevance in the argument of Auburn being called the "cow college".

If you can't understand that, then you should be able to understand this...MOOOOO!!!!!!

:suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
*starts slow applause*
*Continues slow appplause and stands up while doing so...*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
I am on it. As for your question WTF is wrong with bammers? You can't group all of us together. I mean if I did that for all allbarn fans then I would believe you were online between milking cows and buying skoal for your granny.
Look, dude.

This is the quote that started this bickerfest.

I know it was a half-joking dig in passing, but the point is, this is typical of the slams you hear from bama fans.

Not "You Auburn fans cheer for a football team that is associated with a fine agricultural institution."

It's ususally some dig about how everyone in Auburn, or associated with Auburn, is a cow farmer.

I agree that Prowler can make a dumb post every now and then. I don't see how this is one of them.

What is dumb is that we're still talking about it, and even worse that everyone is attacking Prowler for responding to a bammer making a "cow college" comment. Some of you have Kaos-itus. Taking the side of a bammer slamming Auburn if it means a chance to call Prowler an idiot.

Priorities, man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »
Look, dude.

This is the quote that started this bickerfest.

I know it was a half-joking dig in passing, but the point is, this is typical of the slams you hear from bama fans.

Not "You Auburn fans cheer for a football team that is associated with a fine agricultural institution."

It's ususally some dig about how everyone in Auburn, or associated with Auburn, is a cow farmer.

I agree that Prowler can make a dumb post every now and then. I don't see how this is one of them.

What is dumb is that we're still talking about it, and even worse that everyone is attacking Prowler for responding to a bammer making a "cow college" comment. Some of you have Kaos-itus. Taking the side of a bammer slamming Auburn if it means a chance to call Prowler an idiot.

Priorities, man.
I am not one of the fans that make fun of AU by calling it a cow college or calling you guys barners, but I believe some do because of AU's Ag ties. Not because of the number of cattle or whatever in Lee County. I'm not so sure that either of you understand this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »
I am not one of the fans that make fun of AU by calling it a cow college or calling you guys barners, but I believe some do because of AU's Ag ties. Not because of the number of cattle or whatever in Lee County. I'm not so sure that either of you understand this.

MOOO!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:06:22 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions