Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Latest and greatest on Newton

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Latest and greatest on Newton
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
That insider info, plain and simple...
Yup, directly from the next skreet over, so...TIFWIW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jadennis

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »
Nebraska's secret: blitz the phuk out of Texas' OL. Wow. Amazing. They didn't do anything special except get pressure on the QB. And no, I didn't catch anywhere in that game where they were talking about Nebraska's coaches helping Alabama's gameplan.

They did talk about it, pretty clearly actually.  All they said is that Saban and his staff had visited with Pelini and his staff about their game against Texas.  If you think it was as simple as "they didnt' do anything special except get pressure on the QB", then you should go to your first Alabama game as the new head coach, because you must be smarter than Saban.

You think teams haven't tried to "just get pressure" on McCoy all year?  That obviously doesn't work all by itself.  You have to take Shipley out of the short passing game, keep McCoy from running free during your pressure (he did lead their team in rushing last year), etc.  There is obviously an infinite amount more to it than you and I can see while watching a game.  It's a fact that Saban talked to Pelini.  It means nothing.  Coaches do it every year.  

Rich Rodriquez used to practically host coaching schools when he was at West Virginia.  He had visits from 5-6 staffs every year during the off-season to pick his brain about how they zone block and how they run their spread, etc.  It happens everywhere, all the time...yes, even in "undefeated-ville", home of the bakers-dozen national championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2009, 02:02:37 PM »

That was from the 28th, on the 29th is when the dad said the press conference for Thursday was off for now.  He said they were still looking over everything.

He ended it with..."But we will give everyone 48 hours notice of when and where the press conference will be. Once that happens, we will put on a gag order until Cam announces."

They could still do it today, but it would be a surprise based on what the dad just said on Tuesday.  My guess is that they announce today that the press conference will be Saturday (48 hours notice).  Who knows, I just hope we get him, today or Saturday or whenever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »

That was from the 28th, on the 29th is when the dad said the press conference for Thursday was off for now.  He said they were still looking over everything.

He ended it with..."But we will give everyone 48 hours notice of when and where the press conference will be. Once that happens, we will put on a gag order until Cam announces."

They could still do it today, but it would be a surprise based on what the dad just said on Tuesday.  My guess is that they announce today that the press conference will be Saturday (48 hours notice).  Who knows, I just hope we get him, today or Saturday or whenever. 

Me too jadennis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »
Nebraska didn't blitz Texas, that much.  Their front four were the ones that got the pressure on Colt all night...some of them were coverage sacks.  And yes they did talk about Coach Sheban begging the Nebraska defensive coaches to hand over information...Third Quarter.
This is exactly why I went to the line of comments I went to in the first place. I've heard plenty of your bullshit over time, and I knew EXACTLY where you were about to go with that. Thats fine if they talked. Lots of coaches do, even I myself have said that. But BEGGING them to hand over information? You're full of shit. Oh, but I bet it was actually said tongue in cheek. So, you actually didn't mean it. Right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:32:12 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »
But BEGGING them to hand over information? You're full of shit. Oh, but I bet it was actually said tongue in cheek. So, you actually didn't mean it. Right?
Holy Shit...are you really that fucking stupid??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »
Holy Shit...are you really that fucking stupid??
I promise that you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2009, 03:21:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »
For those interested, I was told to watch ESPN at 5 pm EST (I think EST), that AUburn fans would be pleased.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
For those interested, I was told to watch ESPN at 5 pm EST (I think EST), that AUburn fans would be pleased.
5pm ET would put it at the Halftime of the Texas Bowl (Navy v. Missouri).

Here's something interesting....Army, Navy & the Air Force can have unlimited players on the roster, they don't have the 85 NCAA mandated limit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:07:42 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »
OK, it's 4:15 central time (5:15 eastern). What happened?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »

Oklahoma committed a personal foul and gave stanford a first down.

Just sayin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »
Lou Holtz was talking about the firing of Mike Leach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »
Oklahoma committed a personal foul and gave stanford a first down.

Just sayin
I've been watching the 3 Stooges marathon on AMC. Moe hit Curly on the head with a sledehammer. I've always admired his management skill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »
Skreet failure...post Oklahoma game?

If so, one would have to read negatively into the timing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2009, 06:24:58 PM »
No skreet failure, it just wasnt televised like I was told. What was televised you say? Cameron Newton commits to AUburn!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »

We signed a hotshot kicker but he has already been labeled a basket-case. Could it be the holder's fault?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »

Could it be the holder's fault?
Of course not......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2010, 01:48:16 PM »
Of course not......
Interesting. Anytime an AU prospect or commit has a bad performance, any excuse can be found to smooth it over. If it were an Alabama prospect or commit, there would be post after post talking about how he sucks. They mentioned him missing alot and said the holds looked fine, so maybe he was having an off day. Maybe the holder was using his jedi mind tricks. Maybe Parkey farted right after the ball was snapped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »
Interesting. Anytime an AU prospect or commit has a bad performance, any excuse can be found to smooth it over. If it were an Alabama prospect or commit, there would be post after post talking about how he sucks. They mentioned him missing alot and said the holds looked fine, so maybe he was having an off day. Maybe the holder was using his jedi mind tricks. Maybe Parkey farted right after the ball was snapped.
I agree that Cody was a little off yesterday.  But, you do realize that it doesn't take that much to cause the kick to be a little off, a slight tilt will cause the kick to be off...and that's when the Snapper (Dakota Moseley) and the Placekick Holder are in sync.  If they aren't in sync, then that will throw the kicker's timing off, usually causing the kicks to be off.

The 1st FG attempt was tipped at the line.  The 2nd was misshandled by the Placekick Holder causing him to pick the ball up and try to run it.  The 3rd was off because of the snap by Dakota and the hold being off sync, causing Cody to check up before he attempted the kick.  All of those issues are very, very easy to correct.

First thing, this was Cody Parkey's first time to kick not using a block.  Secondly, they had two days to practice the timing between the snapper, the holder and the kicker.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:33:06 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions