Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC recruiting cap

Token

SEC recruiting cap
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »
I haven't really paid much attention to this.  28 was the limit set by the SEC on players allowed to sign a LOI, starting this year. 

Does this include back counters or is this the number set in stone?  The only articles I can find say 28 is the limit, with no mention of any loopholes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: SEC recruiting cap
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »
No, it is 28 for this years class. Auburn will have 5 that count towards last years class, so Auburn can sign 33 for "this years" class. It only really matters on the rankings. The 5 will be counted for this year in rankings only, but will be counted back a year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
I haven't really paid much attention to this.  28 was the limit set by the SEC on players allowed to sign a LOI, starting this year. 

Does this include back counters or is this the number set in stone?  The only articles I can find say 28 is the limit, with no mention of any loopholes. 

My understanding is that it is per yearly class which means that does not include back counters.  For example the ones that we have signed that count toward last year do not count toward the max 27 we could sign this class.  

I think I just confused myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »
No, it is 28 for this years class. Auburn will have 5 that count towards last years class, so Auburn can sign 33 for "this years" class. It only really matters on the rankings. The 5 will be counted for this year in rankings only, but will be counted back a year...

This is what I was thinking, but some douche on the teh radiowaves is saying only 28 letters of intent can be signed.  He was reading some by-law bullshit saying the only way a team could get more into a class would be greyshirts. 

I think he's a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »
This is what I was thinking, but some douche on the teh radiowaves is saying only 28 letters of intent can be signed.  He was reading some by-law bullshit saying the only way a team could get more into a class would be greyshirts. 

I think he's a dumbass.
Stop listening to Shane from Center Point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:31 AM »
Stop listening to Shane from Center Point.

Too early for that douche.  I think it was on the herd, but I'm not certain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »

I think he's a dumbass.

You think right. He is 100% completely wrong. Either that, or Auburn is about to get in a lot of trouble...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:41:08 AM »

I think he's a dumbass.

I think he's right.  I think that JUCO signees signed their Letters of Intent a few days ago (and counted towards last year's class), which would mean that we can still only sign 28 in February. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »
I think he's right.  I think that JUCO signees signed their Letters of Intent a few days ago (and counted towards last year's class), which would mean that we can still only sign 28 in February. 
This is how I understood it. Which reminds me. Did we fill all 5 spots?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »
This is how I understood it. Which reminds me. Did we fill all 5 spots?
Newton was #5.  I believe they were Curry, the kid from Ariton, Gayden, Moseley and Newton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
Craig Sanders.

Yup.

That's 5.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:49:57 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
FWIW, regardless of how anyone feels about Chizik's coaching skills, he's doing a damn good job with the recruiting.  Signing quality back counters is the method Saban used to get Alabama back up to full strength as quick as he did. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »
And it's 25 on how many can actually enroll right?  So you can still sign just 25, and a maximum of 3 that can be sign-and-place or greyshirt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »
And it's 25 on how many can actually enroll right?  So you can still sign just 25, and a maximum of 3 that can be sign-and-place or greyshirt. 
I think you can enroll as many as you have scholarship openings for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 06:56:20 AM »
I think you can enroll as many as you have scholarship openings for.
:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."