Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Latest and greatest on Newton

jmar

Re: Latest and greatest on Newton
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »
I don't know, it may be that Curley's colossal head doesn't fit NCAA standards as a tee. Officers, please check into this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

First thing, this was Cody Parkey's first time to kick not using a block.  Secondly, they had two days to practice the timing between the snapper, the holder and the kicker.

Did any of the other kickers get extra practice time?  If not, did they have any problems?  I didn't see the game so I don't know, but that looks like major league spinning.  I mean, if all the other kickers have same practice time and didn't have those problems, I don't really see how that could even be considered.  Unless you're agreeing that he may be worse than the other kickers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »
Did any of the other kickers get extra practice time?  If not, did they have any problems?  I didn't see the game so I don't know, but that looks like major league spinning.  I mean, if all the other kickers have same practice time and didn't have those problems, I don't really see how that could even be considered.  Unless you're agreeing that he may be worse than the other kickers.

Say what you want Token, but actually being at the game (as I was), it was CLEAR that Parkey, the holder and snapper were having timing issues.  He stutter started several times.   

He came out just before the second half and was roping some kicks from 45-55...  Out of about 7 that he kicked, he missed one.

If Parkey has issues, the game on Saturday isn't going to tell you why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
I agree that Cody was a little off yesterday.  But, you do realize that it doesn't take that much to cause the kick to be a little off, a slight tilt will cause the kick to be off...and that's when the Snapper (Dakota Moseley) and the Placekick Holder are in sync.  If they aren't in sync, then that will throw the kicker's timing off, usually causing the kicks to be off.

The 1st FG attempt was tipped at the line.  The 2nd was misshandled by the Placekick Holder causing him to pick the ball up and try to run it.  The 3rd was off because of the snap by Dakota and the hold being off sync, causing Cody to check up before he attempted the kick.  All of those issues are very, very easy to correct.

First thing, this was Cody Parkey's first time to kick not using a block.  Secondly, they had two days to practice the timing between the snapper, the holder and the kicker.

Sometimes it's better to just shut up and not say anything.  

But not Prowler... you got to keep digging and digging and digging.  

The kid had a bad game.  Period.  Everything else you said was ridiculous spin.  It might even be true, but it just looks pa-fucking-thetic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »
Say what you want Token, but actually being at the game (as I was), it was CLEAR that Parkey, the holder and snapper were having timing issues.  He stutter started several times.   

He came out just before the second half and was roping some kicks from 45-55...  Out of about 7 that he kicked, he missed one.

Oh dear God. 

If Prowler says the kid got sparkle chips in his eyes from the too-fresh paint on his helmet you can bank on Chopper riding up on his broke-down mule to provide support.  He was THERE. He SAW the sparkle chips fall into his field of vision, you dumbass. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »
Oh dear God. 

If Prowler says the kid got sparkle chips in his eyes from the too-fresh paint on his helmet you can bank on Chopper riding up on his broke-down mule to provide support.  He was THERE. He SAW the sparkle chips fall into his field of vision, you dumbass. 

Is that anything like the pixie dust strippers give off?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »
Is that anything like the pixie dust strippers give off?

Very similar.  Also very hard to remove from clothes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20:35 PM »
Very similar.  Also very hard to remove from clothes. 

You just need practice my young padawan learner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
Oh dear God. 

Yeah.  Since I was there, I shouldn't say anything about what I saw when directly talking with Token...

I hear ya though.... good one.  Sparkle chips...nice.  :thumbsup: 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
Yeah.  Since I was there, I shouldn't say anything about what I saw when directly talking with Token...

I hear ya though.... good one.  Sparkle chips...nice.  :thumbsup:  

No, we've already established that anything personally witnessed is worthless.  You set those ground rules yourself.

You also clearly established a pattern of rushing to Prowler's defense no matter how stupid his position (and he to yours).  Therefore anything you say related to this topic -- regardless of the validity -- is rendered irrelevant.  Even if 100% accurate, the taint of bias destroys the impact of anything you may or may not have observed.   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:34:19 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2010, 01:33:34 PM »
No, we've already established that anything personally witnessed is worthless.  You set those ground rules yourself.

So you've personally witnessed Tyrik Rollison?  Oh...NO?  Okay.  We're done with that BS assertion and mischaracterization of my argument against you there.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »
No, we've already established that anything personally witnessed is worthless.  You set those ground rules yourself.

You also clearly established a pattern of rushing to Prowler's defense no matter how stupid his position (and he to yours).  Therefore anything you say related to this topic -- regardless of the validity -- is rendered irrelevant.  Even if 100% accurate, the taint of bias destroys the impact of anything you may or may not have observed.   

You said taint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »
So you've personally witnessed Tyrik Rollison?  Oh...NO?  Okay.  We're done with that BS assertion and mischaracterization of my argument against you there.   

You don't even know what you're talking about any more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

Taint no arguing ta do till we see 'em both play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »

Taint no arguing ta do till we see 'em both play.

We already did.  And one of them stunk it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »

:bs:

The only pattern that's been established is that you can't handle me posting.  If I post something.  ANYTHING.  You're there to try and debunk it, make fun of it, or egg me into an argument. 

Just stop. 

You don't even know what you're talking about any more. 

Go ahead.  Spin.  You have NOT seen Tyrik Rollison in person.  THAT was the debate you're drudging up.  You said he will never....blah blah blah.  We've all seen it.  However, you'd NEVER seen him.  Bringing THAT debate up, because I personally watched Parkey on Saturday is just stupid. 

However, go ahead and do it...  You know you're going to
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2010, 01:45:36 PM »
We already did.  And one of them stunk it up.

You might not have seen this Token... Kaos had to play around and it got buried...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »
You might not have seen this Token... Kaos had to play around and it got buried...

It was a fail the first time -- and Token saw it then, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »

Kicking in pregame is different than kicking from a snap with people in front of you.  

Maybe Cody just had a bad day.  I'm just saying the "they didn't have enough time to practice" excuse is pure spin when they got the same amount of time as everyone else.  What's good for one is good for the other, unless one isn't as good as other.

With that said, Tiffin looked like the worst kicker in the history of kickers his freshman season against Arky.  He turned out pretty good.  Well, except for and extra point here and there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »
:bs:

The only pattern that's been established is that you can't handle me posting.  If I post something.  ANYTHING.  You're there to try and debunk it, make fun of it, or egg me into an argument. 

Just stop. 

Go ahead.  Spin.  You have NOT seen Tyrik Rollison in person.  THAT was the debate you're drudging up.  You said he will never....blah blah blah.  We've all seen it.  However, you'd NEVER seen him.  Bringing THAT debate up, because I personally watched Parkey on Saturday is just stupid. 

However, go ahead and do it...  You know you're going to

See?  This is what I've been saying for a while now.  You just proved it.  

You don't see or hear anything but the buzzing between your own ears.  You make something up, decide how it applies and then run with it.  What was actually said is of no consequence to you, because you're charging ahead trying to butt down imaginary windmills with your head.  

You don't have any idea what you're talking about.  Nobody said a word about Rollison.  Your ass is chapped because I said he wasn't going to be the alpha-omega some (two) of you tried to spin him into being and now that he's gotten himself in trouble and another recruit may be taking the reins, you're pissed at Kaos for being "right." ** Poor you.  

What you're trying to do here is just silly.  Nobody brought Rollison into the discussion but you.

** For the record, I am not claiming to have been right about my general feeling on Rollison. Merely pointing out that the illusion of rightness (which has not come close to being determined yet) is what has Chop's ass in a knit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions