Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

#2 QB has been named.....

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: #2 QB has been named.....
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
I'd rather leave it out in the open so everyone can see kao's face....
Maybe everyone doesn't want to see it.  Just as the HC bathrooms served as the social place for the AWK types, this proposed subforum could be the place for you guys to take turns pushing each other's pooh, figuratively.   We're not saying you can't do it, just go do it in semi-private, where it's just the two of you (and maybe Sani watching from the next stall).  Of course, the fact that you want to flaunt yourself openly in front of good decent normal folk us just furthers the analogy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 08:40:56 PM »
WHAT THE MOTHER phuk DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE SECOND STRING QB??? phuk...STOP ARGUEING ABOUT THE SAME poop EVERY GOD DAMNED THREAD!!!!

Did ya see where I said I was done?  I'm done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2009, 12:05:19 AM »
Kaos was the one that started it by calling me out.
Then he continued with it by stating something about it being like the Coach Franklin deal of a year ago.
That's when I decided to show him how there is a difference in Coach Malzahn and Coach Franklin.  Then he decided go get his widdle fukin' panties in a wad and claim that everything that I stated about Coach Franklin (Drinking, not coaching on the field, not having coaches around him that know how to run what he wanted to run) was different from a year ago.

So, I posted for him to show me where I stated it.  Then he stated that he'd read it a few days ago and that it was different than what I'm saying now, I called BS and I posted that it would be easy for him to prove me wrong, since he'd read it only a few days ago.  This is what he responded with....."you go read it yourself, my eyes bleed..."

I was guessing that everyone was through talking about my topic of Caudle being named #2.  See, WE, I started the topic, kaos derailed it and I finished it.

You could have saved yourself a LOT of typing if you'd just said

A) Prowler can't take a joke, and

B) Prowler missed the point and started ranting about things that had nothing to do with the question posed. 

Question remains:  How many assistants do offensive coordinators typically "bring" with them when they move to a new school.  I have a hint for you.  It's the same as the number of ... oh, nevermind.  The answer is zero.  That has nothing to do with Franklin being a shitty coach or being drunk or all of the other ridiculous rant that followed.  But thanks anyway.  The "derailment" as it were, Prowler, was mostly yours. 

Not much else to say about Caudle, really.  He's got a chance, he earned a place.  I'm glad for the guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2009, 12:07:05 AM »
Okay.. 

Now I'm done. 

I blame Jay Jacobs.  He's a divisive mother fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »
I personally thought this quote from Prowler was slightly amusing:

Guys....like it was stated earlier....The Final calls go through CTT, meaning if we have the lead by 14 or more, we'll run. As for the Spread Offense, I'm all for it... If you all don't like having an offense that is capable of putting up some Serious Points, then ya might need switch to watching Baseball or Hockey. Because it's coming, and no, it will Not be the Texas Tech/Florida type spread that Coach Franklin will install... It'll be a Hybrid of Auburn's Strength (Strong Running) and the Hal Mumme Spread.

From this point on, if we do actually hire Coach Franklin, the offense will be called..

The Sledgehammer Spread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »
Just a side note to get somewhat back on track.  I read a write up this morning in our local litter box liner on Chris Todd.  The article spent a good bit of time on Malzahn and his career as an OC.  One thing that stood out, and I believe is a question asked recently on this board, is that Malzahn said he looks at his personnel and their strengths and weaknesses before implementing his offense. 

When you have McFadden and Jones, you pound the ball.  When your QB is Chris Todd, you ball up in the fetal position and die.

I keed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 09:35:43 AM »
Just a side note to get somewhat back on track.  I read a write up this morning in our local litter box liner on Chris Todd.  The article spent a good bit of time on Malzahn and his career as an OC.  One thing that stood out, and I believe is a question asked recently on this board, is that Malzahn said he looks at his personnel and their strengths and weaknesses before implementing his offense. 

When you have McFadden and Jones, you pound the ball.  When your QB is Chris Todd, you ball up in the fetal position and die.

I keed.

I rofl'ed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2009, 09:39:24 AM »
When you have McFadden and Jones, you pound the ball.  When your QB is Chris Todd, you ball up in the fetal position and die.

I keed.

I think I just leaked some pee onto myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »

And after looking at the strengths he implements "his" offense anyway? I don't really get that comment.

What if you really don't have any wildcats and your team is more of a cougar or gorilla type? What then?

For the record? I will skull punch with an industrial sized can of baked beans the first person who tries to use the term "Wild Tiger".  That sounds so stupid to me.

I keed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
By Andrew Gribble
Auburn University Beat Reporter
Published: August 30, 2009

AUBURN — Chris Todd held an impromptu press conference early last week and delivered a startling bit of information.

“Basically, they saw so much potential with my athletic ability that I wasn’t fully being utilized at quarterback,” Todd said in response to the “rumor” that he would be following Kodi Burns in a transition to wide receiver.

Todd was joking, of course — something he’s been doing quite a bit during his final preseason with the Tigers.

Todd’s athleticism obviously doesn’t stack up with Auburn’s wideouts, Burns or a number of college quarterbacks.

But it’s nothing to scoff at, teammates say.

“He can move around the pocket pretty well,” cornerback Walt McFadden said. “He knows when it’s time to run and he knows he’s not the fastest guy on the field, but he can get us a first down if he has to.”

Todd, who gained 47 yards on the ground last season but lost 110 when sacks are counted, doesn’t need to be speedy in Gus Malzahn’s offense. He just might need to be a force near the goal line.

In Malzahn’s first year as a college coordinator at Arkansas, quarterbacks Mitch Mustain and Casey Dick each finished with negative rushing yards. In fairness, Darren McFadden and Felix Jones did enough on the ground that season (2,815 combined rushing yards) for an entire conference.

In 2007 at Tulsa, Malzahn’s first year with the Golden Hurricane, quarterback Paul Smith finished with just 73 net yards but had 12 rushing touchdowns. In 2008, David Johnson had 186 rushing yards and three touchdowns.

Malzahn has repeatedly said that he evaluates his personnel before drawing up a gameplan for the season. That certainly includes designing — or not — running plays for the conductor of his offense.

“I think you have to have a quarterback who can make plays when things break down,” Malzahn said. “That doesn’t always mean you have to have great mobility, but you have to be a good decision-maker. We have to put him situations where he can be successful, too.”

Malzahn’s been putting Todd and the other Auburn quarterbacks through drills that simulate those undesired, but often frequent, broken plays. He’s not looking for anything fancy from Todd in those situations — just ball control.

“You get more comfortable the more you do it,” Todd said. “The biggest thing is taking care of the ball, no matter what you’re doing. Really, that’s it. Knowing where to fill in and where to squeeze into gaps and reading the defense, you get more comfortable every day.”

In just a short time, though, Todd has turned some heads with some of that untapped potential he was joking about.

He’s certainly no Burns. But he’s got enough gas to get by some of the, well, slower-footed defenders.

“I’ve seen him get away from big Jake (Ricks) one time,” McFadden said. “The inside guys, you know. I’m not saying he got away from everybody but he’s capable of getting us three, four yards if needed.

“If he has to take a hit, he’ll go in there and throw is head in even if he might come out with a concussion. He’s going to do it for the team.”

Post a Comment
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
For the record? I will skull punch with an industrial sized can of baked beans the first person who tries to use the term "Wild Tiger".  That sounds so stupid to me.

Agreeance.  From this point forward I will refer to it as the Thundercat formation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
Agreeance.  From this point forward I will refer to it as the Thundercat formation.

THUNDERCATS.....ASSEMBLE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/08/gus_malzahn_ready_to_show_off.html
Gus Malzahn ready to show off his Auburn offense
Posted by Charles Goldberg -- Birmingham News August 31, 2009 8:55 AM
Categories: Football, Video
Gold Mine photo

Gus Malzahn will unveil his Auburn offense Saturday
What's Gus Malzhan's offense really like? We take a look at Auburn's offensive coordinator, with an assist from some players and the calls we made to other coaches. Below, we have included a video the offense he ran at Tulsa...

AUBURN -- Tight end Tommy Trott promises Auburn's offense this season will be different than the Tigers' offense last year.

That collective "whew!" you heard just came from the locker room, the practice field, meeting rooms, down the street, uptown and everywhere else where Auburn people gather.

Last season's flirtation with the Tony Franklin System turned into an unmitigated offensive disaster, but the new guy on the block has been given the leeway to succeed.

Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn has already won over his other coaches and the players, and that's something Franklin, the 2008 coordinator, didn't do.

Trott says the new offense is more suited to the Auburn mystique, anyway, because it's about running straight ahead, sometimes with two backs.

Running back Ben Tate says he can't wait to participate.

"There's a lot more North-South running," Tate said. "Even in the passing game we're taking more shots down the field."

That's how we begin today's story in The Birmingham News. Read the rest of it here. Find the "2" and "3" to read the whole thing.

Here's a look at Malzahn's offense, when he was at Tulsa last season, thanks to this video we found on YouTube:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/08/gus_malzahn_ready_to_show_off.html

Not to get too technical, but the first ten plays I watched? 

1) One yard gain
2) No gain after running around the world
3) Slow-developing reverse.  Will get eaten alive by SEC speed
4) Another slow-developing reverse to be devoured
5) Long QB run.  Todd won't be doing those because he's slow and there isn't a team in the SEC with the lack of quickness or anticipation Ball State displayed there.
6) Wide east-west run.  I've seen that before.  It's the one where Ben Tate gets tumbled two yards behind the line of scrimmage as he drifts down the line
7) Another QB run. 
8) A delayed handoff.  We busted one or two of those last year. 
9) An option pitch deep, slow to develop.  This will be broken into a million pieces by SEC-caliber defenses. 
10) Another wide run netting a few yards. 

I turned it off. 

Maybe the guy really did invent sliced bread and stripper poles, but I didn't see anything there that had me overjoyed. 

I think we'll be better than with Franklin, but that's not going to require much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »
Something I find interesting is Tulsa plays alot of shitty defenses.

UAB   106th   (W)
North Texas   119th   (W)
New Mexico   45th   (W)
Central Arkansas   UNK   (W)
Rice   111th   (W)
SMU   118th   (W)
UTEP   115th   (W)
UCF   43rd   (W)
Arkansas   72nd   (L)
Houston   100th   (L)
Tulane   84th   (W)
Marshall   102nd   (W)
East Carolina   41st   (L)
Ball State   69th   (W)

We shall see how Malzahn adjusts to the SEC when he is given the keys. That highlight video looked like the same 4 plays over and over and over.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:06:54 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
We shall see how Malzahn adjusts to the SEC when he is given the keys. That highlight video looked like the same 4 plays over and over and over.

What was Arkansas's offense like his FIRST year as a college coach, let alone first year in the SEC?   Just curious, since you're into looking up all the stats.

Thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
What was Arkansas's offense like his FIRST year as a college coach, let alone first year in the SEC?   Just curious, since you're into looking up all the stats.

Thanks.
Would you guys quit trying to compare stuff, its apples to oranges.  RWS is just going to come back with Felix and McFadden or some other argument.  Its idiotic, you can't compare Tulsa to Auburn, Arkansas of 3 years ago to Auburn or Tulsa.  Lets just see how the man does with the talent he has at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
Not to get too technical, but the first ten plays I watched? 

1) One yard gain
2) No gain after running around the world
3) Slow-developing reverse.  Will get eaten alive by SEC speed
4) Another slow-developing reverse to be devoured
5) Long QB run.  Todd won't be doing those because he's slow and there isn't a team in the SEC with the lack of quickness or anticipation Ball State displayed there.
6) Wide east-west run.  I've seen that before.  It's the one where Ben Tate gets tumbled two yards behind the line of scrimmage as he drifts down the line
7) Another QB run. 
8) A delayed handoff.  We busted one or two of those last year. 
9) An option pitch deep, slow to develop.  This will be broken into a million pieces by SEC-caliber defenses. 
10) Another wide run netting a few yards. 

I turned it off. 

Maybe the guy really did invent sliced bread and stripper poles, but I didn't see anything there that had me overjoyed. 

I think we'll be better than with Franklin, but that's not going to require much.

I turned it off about the same time. Not really sure what this video was supposed to show. I hope he doesn't run too many of the plays I just saw of the first minute of that video.

We shall see...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions