Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

#2 QB has been named.....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
#2 QB has been named.....
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:07:54 PM »
Jr. Neil Caudle.  I'm betting that Tyrik still won't redshirt.

Josh Freeman, Tim Tebow, Pat Devlin, Neil Caudle, Jevan Snead, Matthew Stafford

Now that's an Elite 11 QB Camp, it also included Juice Williams, Jake Locker, Mitch Mustain, Cody Hawkins and Zach Frazer.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:08:32 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

Re: #2 QB has been named.....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:28:34 PM »
One of these things isn't like the others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
I have Tyrik does redshirt because I hope we don't have a reason to need him this year.

Also going to be neat to watch Ole Miss and see what Snead does this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:02:14 PM »
How is Pat Devlin doing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »
One of these things isn't like the others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »
Caudle's problem has obviously been his obsession with the John Parker Wilson hairdo.  You can't concentrate on football when you're constantly workin' on the preppie whoosh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »
FUCK. The first true thing I have been pissed about. F U C K

If Caudle couldn't win the starting job...I don't want him on the field...FUCK...Im pissed...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 10:27:14 PM »

LMAO, I had to scroll up and see there was only 1 black guy.  Dick is me but that's not what I meant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
LMAO, I had to scroll up and see there was only 1 black guy.  Dick is me but that's not what I meant.

That's funny as hell.  I knew what you meant.  But, I love the "That's racist" kid.

Still, what about Pat Devlin?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 11:57:34 PM »
Oh, so then you were singling out the virgin next to the black guy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »
Oh, so then you were singling out the virgin next to the black guy?
LMMFAOSHICSBNT!  

(That's right, I made up a new one)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 01:05:49 AM »
I'm pissed. I just read the Rivals article and you think the coaches were talking about the starter and how "tough" Caudle is. Look, he won it, I am proud of him...whatever. The fact is, this puts us in the same god damned predicument next year. I thought for sure that if Todd got the job, we were just setting up TR to learn from him and be the man next year. Putting TR behing Caudle is just going to make another cluster fuck for next year. Im pissed about this...

I don't say too muc about what the coaches say because they should know a hell of a lot more than me...but this just puzzles the fuck out of me. Is Todd that much better than Caudle??? If not, why let Todd start? Is Caudle that muc better that TR? If so, we are F U C K E D for years to come. Nothing against Caudle, but it is fairly obvious that the coaches don't have a whole lot of confidence in him. Why the fuck do you ut him above TR now? I don't get it...it's like a kick in the stomach for me. Not for this year...but because I can see the same fucking QB battle happen again next year.

If Todd plays the LARGE amjority of the snaps this year...which I figure he will, how can TR win the starting job over Caudle next year? Why the mother fuck  not let him get snaps this year...i don't understand. This isn't good...at all...I was pumped about seeing TR pay this year and getting experience. Now I am hurt. There is nothing to lookk forward to even IF we get up by a couple of TD's...this sucks ass........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 01:09:10 AM »
And I know I misspelled a lot of shit last time but I am drunk and don't feel like going back and correcting...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:38 AM »
And I know I misspelled a lot of sh*t last time but I am drunk and don't feel like going back and correcting...

I am glad you followed up.  I was about to say....

Bottom line though, you're right....big time.  TR should be the #2 and get snaps to prepare him for next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 03:18:46 AM »
Last I heard, Rollison is still sick with the flu...possibly the porky flu.  So, it could be that Caudle is the #2, for right now and that it could change a couple weeks into the season.  IDK, I would've liked to have seen Rollison as the #2, let him play in some games...hopefully we won't NEED the backup QB unless it's for mop up duty.  To tell you the truth, with Caudle's bad luck with injuries, Rollison could possibly be bumped up to #2 on that alone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 03:29:03 AM »
Still, what about Pat Devlin?
Pat signed with Penn State, played for three years there before deciding to transfer last year.  The Junior will be the starting QB for the Delaware Blue Hens this upcoming season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
Listen to Prowler.

He's one of the few people in the world who has the uncany ability of taking what people say and extracting the actual meaning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »
My guess (and it's only a guess) is they will try to redshirt him.  If something happens to the starter early in the year, they probably pull the redshirt and put him in front of Caudle.  He may have more talent than Caudle, but sometimes it takes freshmen a while to get used to the college game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »
Which is why I would like to get his feet wet by playing this year...not starting next year with never having played a snap.

I feel like kaos with this...I am unwavering on my opinion on this and there is probably nothing anyone can say to make me feel otherwise...

I am not drunk anymore...but still highly pissed...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 10:41:44 AM »
Which is why I would like to get his feet wet by playing this year...not starting next year with never having played a snap.

I feel like kaos with this...I am unwavering on my opinion on this and there is probably nothing anyone can say to make me feel otherwise...

I am not drunk anymore...but still highly pissed...

Isn't Caudle a Jr.?  I'd be okay with it if he plays well when and if he has to and we've got a smooth battle between him and Rollison.  Who knows, if Todd stop, drops and rolls continuously like he's on fire all year,  you might see what you want sooner than later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions