Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

#2 QB has been named.....

Re: #2 QB has been named.....
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »
Would you guys quit trying to compare stuff, its apples to oranges.  RWS is just going to come back with Felix and McFadden or some other argument.  Its idiotic, you can't compare Tulsa to Auburn, Arkansas of 3 years ago to Auburn or Tulsa.  Lets just see how the man does with the talent he has at Auburn.

It was kind of my point.  Tulsa, Arkansas and Auburn are ALL different, so looking at defensive ranks is kind of pointless.  Until he does something at Auburn, there is no indicator, or basis for debate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »
What was Arkansas's offense like his FIRST year as a college coach, let alone first year in the SEC?   Just curious, since you're into looking up all the stats.

Thanks.
Oh, you mean the year Nutt said Malzahn's offense would not work in the SEC and snatched the keys away? Their offense was the same way it was even AFTER Malzahn left. It also improved, for that matter. So, whats your point? I don't see a D-Mac or Felix Jones on AU's roster. Really, when you look at how the offense ran at Arkansas when Malzahn was there, and the year after, there really isn't that much difference. My point is, Malzahn isn't going to have Chizik meddling in the offense and controlling it the way Nutt did. He isn't going to have a co-OC like he did at Tulsa. He's going to be all on his own at Auburn. Like I've said in different threads, Malzahn might light the world on fire. Who knows. If I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting that. Its just my opinion that I won't be wrong. I'm willing to let him prove himself. I think by the middle of the season we will have a little better idea how things are going to work out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »
Oh, you mean the year Nutt said Malzahn's offense would not work in the SEC and snatched the keys away? Their offense was the same way it was even AFTER Malzahn left. It also improved, for that matter. So, whats your point? I don't see a D-Mac or Felix Jones on AU's roster. Really, when you look at how the offense ran at Arkansas when Malzahn was there, and the year after, there really isn't that much difference. My point is, Malzahn isn't going to have Chizik meddling in the offense and controlling it the way Nutt did. He isn't going to have a co-OC like he did at Tulsa. He's going to be all on his own at Auburn. Like I've said in different threads, Malzahn might light the world on fire. Who knows. If I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting that. Its just my opinion that I won't be wrong. I'm willing to let him prove himself. I think by the middle of the season we will have a little better idea how things are going to work out.
I am a genius!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »
I am a genius!

You called it, and he didn't dissapoint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
You called it, and he didn't dissapoint.
Come on, it wouldn't be nearly as fun around here if I did, now would it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »
I am a genius!

You are a regular modern day Nostradumbass! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42:27 AM »
Come on, it wouldn't be nearly as fun around here if I did, now would it?
Threads would be shorter, i'll give you that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »
BTW how is gymnastics going?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »
I really don't see the problem here.  

If they intend to redshirt Rollison, he can't play anyway.  

Caudle has put in his time.  He's been a good soldier.  He's done what he's supposed to do.  Making him second string is a reward for that.  I'm personally glad he's getting that respect.

Tuberville burned a redshirt year on Burns in a panic -- the first mistake in a string of errors that played a part in his failure to develop as a quarterback.  

If Rollison redshirts, he can practice his ass off for an entire year.  I don't really know that a few mop up snaps at the end of a game will do him that much good.  

If Todd gets hurt (or just sucks monkey ass) then I think this situation gets scrambled again.  

But for now?  Caudle earned it.  

I agree. Whether or not TR is 2 or 3 does not make a hill of beans unless CT gets hurt or cannot perform. I don't think this coaching staff is willing to put the offense on any QB right now. So they go with the one that has the best grasp of the offense mentally. So let's say TR red-shirts and Caudle is good enough to start next season. You still have THREE seasons with TR IF he can get the job done. Remember last season when many of you predicted KB would be great. A lot of things can happen in a season. B. Trotter is not going to go away. Is he that bad that we do not even mention his name any more? Save TR for the future. The poor handling of Burns should have at least taught us that much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
I agree. Whether or not TR is 2 or 3 does not make a hill of beans unless CT gets hurt or cannot perform. I don't think this coaching staff is willing to put the offense on any QB right now. So they go with the one that has the best grasp of the offense mentally. So let's say TR red-shirts and Caudle is good enough to start next season. You still have THREE seasons with TR IF he can get the job done. Remember last season when many of you predicted KB would be great. A lot of things can happen in a season. B. Trotter is not going to go away. Is he that bad that we do not even mention his name any more? Save TR for the future. The poor handling of Burns should have at least taught us that much.

Trotter was hurt this year (knee).  He'll be back and give TR and Caudle a good battle next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »
Threads would be shorter, i'll give you that.
Don't bitch; I'm generating traffic. With the board now opened up, people don't want to see 1-2 page threads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »
Don't bitch; I'm generating traffic. With the board now opened up, people don't want to see 1-2 page threads.

Car wrecks generate traffic too.  Seven page threads aren't good either if the sheer overwhelming stupidity of every post makes people's heads start exploding somewhere around page 4... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2009, 03:43:21 PM »
Car wrecks generate traffic too.  Seven page threads aren't good either if the sheer overwhelming stupidity of every post makes people's heads start exploding somewhere around page 4... 
Now, depending on which threads we're talking about, you could be talking about me, Prowler, Chopper, or Kaos. Possibly War Eagle!!! as well, depending on how many drinks he has had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
Now, depending on which threads we're talking about, you could be talking about me, Prowler, Chopper, or Kaos. Possibly War Eagle!!! as well, depending on how many drinks he has had.
Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2009, 04:25:12 PM »
Yes.

That hurts. I don't spew bullshit. I just call RWS out on his...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
That hurts. I don't spew bullpoop. I just call RWS out on his...
Same here.  I'll add that I also call kaos out on his bullsh1t...and, that I only spread the Truth.  Peace Out Bitches!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
On the Chizik might be great side are

Chizad, Prowler, Chopper and occasionally wes. 

I think you're completely misunderstanding my position.

I have never asserted that Chizik might be great.  My stance in these debates has always been defined by your position.  You are so completely myopic in your opinion of Chizik that you are unable to acknowledge any positive moves he makes.  I simply counter that in hopes that you might one day open your mind a bit.  It's an exercise in futility, I know, but I try nonetheless.

My opinion is that Chizik was a puzzling hire, but it's done and we don't have any way of knowing how he'll do.  He's hired a very good staff and has resources at his disposal that he has not heretofore enjoyed.  He may be great, he may be shit.  Time will tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »

I have never asserted that Chizik might be great.  My stance in these debates has always been defined by your position.  You are so completely myopic in your opinion of Chizik that you are unable to acknowledge any positive moves he makes.  I simply counter that in hopes that you might one day open your mind a bit.  It's an exercise in futility, I know, but I try nonetheless.

My opinion is that Chizik was a puzzling hire, but it's done and we don't have any way of knowing how he'll do.  He's hired a very good staff and has resources at his disposal that he has not heretofore enjoyed.  He may be great, he may be poop.  Time will tell.

This is not true.  When he does something positive, I've acknowledged it.  That acknowledgement generally flies right past because the chorus of "shit colored glasses" starts up usually without actually reading what I've said and also reading it expecting/looking for an anti-Chizik position where often there really isn't one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »

My opinion is that Chizik was a puzzling hire, but it's done and we don't have any way of knowing how he'll do.  He's hired a very good staff and has resources at his disposal that he has not heretofore enjoyed.  He may be great, he may be shit.  Time will tell.

This is exactly True.

This is not true.  When he does something positive, I've acknowledged it.  That acknowledgement generally flies right past because the chorus of "shit colored glasses" starts up usually without actually reading what I've said and also reading it expecting/looking for an anti-Chizik position where often there really isn't one.

Kaos, you have to admit, this is a stretch.  Your "blueprint" comments alone fly in the face of this assertion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »

Any acknowledgment that you give is always handcuffed to an insult of some sort.  Backhanded compliments aren't compliments at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.