Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The more things change, the more they stay the same......

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: The more things change, the more they stay the same......
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
Current standings.

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Fulmer_Cup
Bama wasn't even on the board until now? (Not updated yet, of course).

I'm impressed. I guess it really has been quiet over there since the 2008 Fulmer Cup race ended.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »
Her last name gives me headaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »
Her daddy would be so proud.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »
http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2009/08/father_of_girl_involved_in_alt.html

Father of girl involved in altercation with Tide's Courtney Upshaw: "I don't think he laid a hand on her."
Posted by Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register August 20, 2009 11:29 AM
Categories: Breaking News, Football, SEC

Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw did not initiate the altercation that landed him in jail today on a charge of misdemeanor domestic violence/harassment, the father of the female involved told the Press-Register.
Courtney Upshaw (Scout.com photo)

Kendall Grzyb, a 19-year-old UA student from Madison, Ala., was arrested on the same charge as Upshaw. According to her father, the two "had been dating on-again and off-again" and were arguing around 10 p.m. Wednesday near the Student Recreation Center on campus.

Dave Grzyb called it "a simple lovers' quarrel altercation."

"The cops just happened to be there and see it and they took them both in," he said, "I hate to see this guy get in too much trouble because I honestly think it was probably initiated by my daughter. I don't think he laid a hand on her. He just tried to restrain her to keep from getting hit again."

The arrests were made by University of Alabama Police.

Upshaw, 19, was booked in the Tuscaloosa County Jail at 1:25 a.m. this morning. The domestic charge carried a $500 bond and 12-hour holding period for Upshaw and Grzyb. She was released in the past hour, according to her father.

"Neither one of them pressed charges on each other," Dave Grzyb said. "The cops witnessed it. So I don't know whose hands it's in."

Upshaw, a sophomore from Eufaula, is competing for the starting Jack linebacker spot on Alabama's defense. He played in 13 games last season.

Nick Saban is expected to address Upshaw's situation later today. The Crimson Tide has practice at 3:30 p.m.

WTF? I know bringing this up will make rws's head explode, but something is...unsettling here.

If your 19 year old daughter just got hauled in by the police on a third degree domestic violence charge with her "on-again, off-again" boyfriend, are you going to just throw her under the bus like that? Are you going to make assumptions like "I don't think he put a hand on her" or "she probably started it"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »

WTF? I know bringing this up will make rws's head explode, but something is...unsettling here.

If your 19 year old daughter just got hauled in by the police on a third degree domestic violence charge with her "on-again, off-again" boyfriend, are you going to just throw her under the bus like that? Are you going to make assumptions like "I don't think he put a hand on her" or "she probably started it"?
God forbid he was actually.....*gasp*.....telling the truth? Somebody has to be the primary aggressor. Somebody has to start it. You're right its going to make my head explode, only due to the fact that it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to so now that the truth comes out, you're still trying to make your original assumptions stick. Lets go ahead and forget that he has spoken to his daughter and all, and has some idea of what happened. Or that he talked to police and found out exactly what happened. The charged they were both charged with are consistant with what the father is saying. And its so surprising to you that he may be accurate? Keep hoping, Chizad.....just keep hoping. Your last post is simply translated as "Damn, I want this to be much more than what happened."

Had this happened with an AU player, you would take the father's statement and beat me over the head with it. You wouldn't be bitching about the girl being "thrown under the bus". I can hear it now; "Well, if the girls dad is saying this, then that says something right there.....she must be a crazy bitch."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:06:32 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »

Make$ you wonder what could have made him $peak like thi$, huh? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »
God forbid he was actually.....*gasp*.....telling the truth? Somebody has to be the primary aggressor. Somebody has to start it. You're right its going to make my head explode, only due to the fact that it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to so now that the truth comes out, you're still trying to make your original assumptions stick. Lets go ahead and forget that he has spoken to his daughter and all, and has some idea of what happened. Or that he talked to police and found out exactly what happened. The charged they were both charged with are consistant with what the father is saying. And its so surprising to you that he may be accurate? Keep hoping, Chizad.....just keep hoping. Your last post is simply translated as "Damn, I want this to be much more than what happened."

Had this happened with an AU player, you would take the father's statement and beat me over the head with it. You wouldn't be bitching about the girl being "thrown under the bus". I can hear it now; "Well, if the girls dad is saying this, then that says something right there.....she must be a crazy bitch."

Could be he just knows his daughter is a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »

Whatever, dude.

I can tell you this. If it were my daughter getting hauled to jail for a domestic violence charge with her fuck-buddy, I wouldn't be taking his side. I sure as shit wouldn't be notifying the newspapers that my daughter "probably started it." Even if I knew for a fact my daughter started it, I wouldn't be volunteering that to the papers. And I wouldn't take my daughter's word either. I'd be concerned.

How many times have you been arrested for a "simple lover's quarrel"?

If your coworkers (TPD) are throwing kids in the slammer for no reason HALF the times you've claimed, then I'd say you're a part of quite a corrupt organization.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »
Whatever, dude.

I can tell you this. If it were my daughter getting hauled to jail for a domestic violence charge with her fuck-buddy, I wouldn't be taking his side. I sure as shit wouldn't be notifying the newspapers that my daughter "probably started it." Even if I knew for a fact my daughter started it, I wouldn't be volunteering that to the papers. And I wouldn't take my daughter's word either. I'd be concerned.

If your coworkers (TPD) are throwing kids in the slammer for no reason HALF the times you've claimed, then I'd say you're a part of quite a corrupt organization.

This is MUCH too logical.  I look forward to the response.  It should be glorious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:22 PM »
Whatever, dude.

"Whatever, dude." Thats all you got? Really? Your whole argument is weak dude. I'm sorry that this bitch's dad is a little more candid than you, but who are you to say that what he is saying is total bullshit? With every post you make continuing your argument, you are just screaming "I WANT THIS TO BE SOMETHING IT ISN'T, AND I'M GOING TO BITCH TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER!!!!". Again, had the same exact thing happened to an AU player, you would be beating me over the head with the father's statements. Did you take Prowler's stupid pills before hitting reply or something? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »
I'll be honest; I don't give two fucks what happened.

I'm not one of those guys that thinks it's not ok to hit a bitch. I would never start anything with a woman, but if she tried to hit me like a man, then she'd get hit like one. But I digress...

Personally, I don't care what he did or didn't do. Sucks he was in the situation, but I want my team to win. Don't get in those situations, or for fucks sake, cover that shit up!

Just win baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »
I have an 18 year old daughter that just started at Auburn.  I read what this "Dad" said and personally, I think he needs a little domestic violence upside his fucking head.  What an incredible cocksucker this guy is to publically rip his own daughter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »
This is MUCH too logical.  I look forward to the response.  It should be glorious.
Seeing as how you are agreeing that is logical, it doesn't make it so. Since Chizad wouldn't have done what the father did, that automatically makes Chizad's argument logical? Uhhhh, ok......

Since I have never been arrested for arguing with my wife, then what the father said cannot be true. Logic only in your mind, Chopper.

Lets just dismiss that maybe this isn't the first time her dad has had problems with his little girl. Lets go ahead and not think about maybe he's tired of her bullshit. Nevermind that he knows she's got a screw or two loose. We can't reasonably think those things, the only thoughts reasonable in you and Chizad's eyes is that there is something sinister going on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
I have an 18 year old daughter that just started at Auburn.  I read what this "Dad" said and personally, I think he needs a little domestic violence upside his fucking head.  What an incredible cocksucker this guy is to publically rip his own daughter.
Thats what I was thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
Seeing as how you are agreeing that is logical, it doesn't make it so. Since Chizad wouldn't have done what the father did, that automatically makes Chizad's argument logical? Uhhhh, ok......

Since I have never been arrested for arguing with my wife, then what the father said cannot be true. Logic only in your mind, Chopper.

Lets just dismiss that maybe this isn't the first time her dad has had problems with his little girl. Lets go ahead and not think about maybe he's tired of her bullshiitake. Nevermind that he knows she's got a screw or two loose. We can't reasonably think those things, the only thoughts reasonable in you and Chizad's eyes is that there is something sinister going on here.

The problem is not whether CU actually bitch slapped a ho or not.  Either way, it's not that big of a deal.  Lovers spat turns into girl slap fight.  Whatever.

What throws red flags up is a "Dad" publically throwing his own daughter under the bus.  He may think she IS a bitch.  He may be convinced she DID instigate it.  You don't express that to the press.  Get on the cell phone and rip her a new one.  But, telling the world your daughter's a bitch?    

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 03:11:52 PM »
Fucking quote function just bitch slapped me again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »
May the Scwartz be with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »
So, you think he's a total fucktard for telling the press that. Does it make what he said any less true because of it? No. Would a simple "no comment" suffice? Yes. But, he decided to air their dirty laundry. While I understand that you wouldn't have aired your family's dirty laundry, and neither would I, it doesn't make what he said any less true. Looking at the charges they were charged with, it sounds fairly accurate.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:18:19 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »
The problem is not whether CU actually bitch slapped a ho or not.  Either way, it's not that big of a deal.  Lovers spat turns into girl slap fight.  Whatever.

What throws red flags up is a "Dad" publically throwing his own daughter under the bus.  He may think she IS a bitch.  He may be convinced she DID instigate it.  You don't express that to the press.  Get on the cell phone and rip her a new one.  But, telling the world your daughter's a bitch? 
That's all I'm sayin.

By the way, the police report states that he grabbed her by the back of the neck and deliberately slammed her into the ground.

How dare these police step in!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
That's all I'm sayin.

By the way, the police report states that he grabbed her by the back of the neck and deliberately slammed her into the ground.

How dare these police step in!
I wonder what happened before the officer saw that happen......I'm guessing something both parties admitted to, otherwise she would not have been taken to jail.

In any event, he fucked up. I'm not even going to argue that. If you don't put yourself in bad situations, bad shit isn't going to happen. I obviously don't blame the police for it. He put himself in that situation, not the police.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions