Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The more things change, the more they stay the same......

Re: The more things change, the more they stay the same......
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
I don't know if suspending him for a football game would have been the correct punishment, but to spin this shit as anything other than him being a worthless piece of shit is backwards. 

I don't care what the girl said, did, or threatened to do.  You don't put your hands on a woman unless she is initiating your death.  All Upshaw had to do was walk away and leave  her alone in the street crying like the lonely lunatic that she is.  Instead, he shoved her and grabbed her by the back of the head or whatever else he did. 

Alabama fans trying to argue that this isn't a big deal have to be sporting a wife beater with a Natty Light in hand.  That's as ignorant as it gets.  I know I'd be completely disappointed in an Auburn player if he ever caused harm to a woman.

And for those trying to argue that Quentin Groves did the same thing, shut up.  Quentin called the cops on himself, and he said that he was afraid of what he might do to his wife if they kept arguing.  Dramatic?  Yes.  Assault?  No. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Birmingham

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
It's real cut and dry for me with this.
1.  I don't what he did, I've heard speculation and I've speculated myself.  That doesn't change the first part of the sentence though.
2.  If he didn't abuse her (putting his hands on her in an argument is almost certainly abuse) than I'm glad all you barners are flipping your shit over it right now and I'm glad that he was RIGHTFULLY not suspended.
3.  If he in anyway crossed the line (hands on her in a way that is escalating the issue instead of deescalating it or in a way not invited by her he should have no less than a year in prison.  No tolerance towards this kind of stuff, especially since it's not like this was a drunk at a bar, it was someone he cares about.  If someone (Not CU since I've already clarified that I don't know what happen) treats people they care about this way, it's largely probably that help in the form of a professional, whether it be a psychologist or prison, is in order. 
4.  She's responsible for her actions too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 07:55:48 PM »
It's real cut and dry for me with this.
1.  I don't what he did, I've heard speculation and I've speculated myself.  That doesn't change the first part of the sentence though.
2.  If he didn't abuse her (putting his hands on her in an argument is almost certainly abuse) than I'm glad all you barners are flipping your shit over it right now and I'm glad that he was RIGHTFULLY not suspended.
3.  If he in anyway crossed the line (hands on her in a way that is escalating the issue instead of deescalating it or in a way not invited by her he should have no less than a year in prison.  No tolerance towards this kind of stuff, especially since it's not like this was a drunk at a bar, it was someone he cares about.  If someone (Not CU since I've already clarified that I don't know what happen) treats people they care about this way, it's largely probably that help in the form of a professional, whether it be a psychologist or prison, is in order. 
4.  She's responsible for her actions too.

Just so you know - it's in the police report that he put his hands on her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »
Send them both to the clink.  They don't know how to act in public and I don't need to explain to my kids why the two people in public over there are loving on each other so mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
I would bet my next paycheck...which has a large commision check attached...that one of two things happened here.

1. "Dad" is being paid to make that statement.

Or

2. Dad has definitely hit a bitch before.

Anyone that would say that obviously tolerates it and makes excuses why it is acceptable. There is really no other reason.

I am voting 2. He sounds like a red neck that cares more about "bammer winning" than he does about his own family...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 08:29:48 PM »
I would bet my next paycheck...which has a large commision check attached...that one of two things happened here.

1. "Dad" is being paid to make that statement.

Or

2. Dad has definitely hit a bitch before.

Anyone that would say that obviously tolerates it and makes excuses why it is acceptable. There is really no other reason.

I am voting 2. He sounds like a red neck that cares more about "bammer winning" than he does about his own family...

Funniest thing ever said about a situation that isn't funny at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 09:45:31 PM »
http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2009/08/father_of_girl_involved_in_alt.html

WTF? I know bringing this up will make rws's head explode, but something is...unsettling here.

If your 19 year old daughter just got hauled in by the police on a third degree domestic violence charge with her "on-again, off-again" boyfriend, are you going to just throw her under the bus like that? Are you going to make assumptions like "I don't think he put a hand on her" or "she probably started it"?
I put a foot in her. While standing on the floor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
Y'all wanna hear something funny?  Not funny haha, bammer fans funny (which is usually sad).....

Here's what one bammer fan thinks:
"She freed herself from his grasp, the officer said, and tried to hit his face. Upshaw grabbed her by the forearm and pushed her away, the officer wrote. Upshaw told the officer that she had slapped him because he was talking to another woman"

Sorry to offend any Quigley house folks on here. But speaking from experience, he should have just gone ahead and dropped her right there.

The guy will ALWAYS lose in a situation like this. (Yours truly excluded). So he might as well get his licks in while he can. Here in Florida, the State Attorney's office has a direct line to Quigley house so females can ramrod false injunctions into the court system in a couple of hours time. Good luck if you're a guy trying to protect yourself. Whether it be physically or through the court system.

Last edited Today 2:58 PM by parfaitsang

Yeah, I'll bet he's a huge hit with the trailer park ladies.  :thumbsup:

Also, she freed herself from his hand that was grasping onto the back of her neck and hair.

Sgt. Rusty Romine of the University of Alabama Police Department reported in court documents obtained by the Press-Register that he saw Upshaw chase down Grzyb and he then "grabbed (Kendall) Grzyb by the back of the neck and hair with his right hand and pushed her downward in what appeared to be an attempt to push her to the ground."

Romine's account goes on to say that Grzyb freed herself and "attempted to strike Upshaw about his face, however she was unable to make contact. Upshaw then grasped Grzyb's right arm by the forearm, released and then pushed Grzyb away."
That sounds to me like he abused her.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:19:57 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:48 PM »
I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2009, 10:44:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »
How the Hell can he not be suspended for at least 4 games for this.  If that was what happened, just how the hell?  And before you jump Saban, I don't give a shit that y'all hate him he usually wouldn't stand for something like this.  There must be more to it or maybe more importantly less to it.  Just doesn't make sense if what I just read is what took place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »
Part of me is in the "I don't care" department.  In 04', my buddy and I pulled his RV up to the end of frat row, top of the hill of the intramural fields.  Night before AU/UGA so you can imagine how crazy it was.  We pulled a cooler and a couple of chairs to the edge of the road and took in the festivities til about 2:30 a.m.

We saw shit that night that almost made me rethink sending my daughter to Auburn.  Fights, drunk face plants, guys literally running over the tops of parked cars, break ups with girls and guys wailing on each other, nice titay flashes...all from our little perch by the road.  

Fuck a lovers slap fight.  Let's play football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2009, 11:18:07 PM »
Part of me is in the "I don't care" department.  In 04', my buddy and I pulled his RV up to the end of frat row, top of the hill of the intramural fields.  Night before AU/UGA so you can imagine how crazy it was.  We pulled a cooler and a couple of chairs to the edge of the road and took in the festivities til about 2:30 a.m.

We saw shit that night that almost made me rethink sending my daughter to Auburn.  Fights, drunk face plants, guys literally running over the tops of parked cars, break ups with girls and guys wailing on each other, nice titay flashes...all from our little perch by the road.  

He should be at Ole Miss. HDN would like a guy like that in a threesome with his anchor lady. Someone has to tote the meat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »

It's funny how so many parents who are in all honesty protective of their children allow them to go to schools like Auburn and Alabama.  I guess they just hope their kids won't get involved with that much partying. 

Speaking of the '04 UGA game - I had a 9am class the Friday before the game.  Every other professor cancelled class for that Friday, but not this lady.  About 5 minutes into class, two drunk ass Georgia fans holding beers in their hands came waltzing into the room and said, "Look at all these fuckin' Aubies learning shit. Heh heh hee haw haw ha ha ha hee." 

She immediately dismissed class, and I think she called the police.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2009, 12:07:19 AM »
It's funny how so many parents who are in all honesty protective of their children allow them to go to schools like Auburn and Alabama.  I guess they just hope their kids won't get involved with that much partying. 

Speaking of the '04 UGA game - I had a 9am class the Friday before the game.  Every other professor cancelled class for that Friday, but not this lady.  About 5 minutes into class, two drunk ass Georgia fans holding beers in their hands came waltzing into the room and said, "Look at all these fuckin' Aubies learning shit. Heh heh hee haw haw ha ha ha hee." 

Great story!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2009, 12:35:08 AM »
How the Hell can he not be suspended for at least 4 games for this.  If that was what happened, just how the hell?  And before you jump Saban, I don't give a shit that y'all hate him he usually wouldn't stand for something like this.  There must be more to it or maybe more importantly less to it.  Just doesn't make sense if what I just read is what took place.

"It's not that big a deal, really"
-Signed,
Brandon Deaderick
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »
I don't know if suspending him for a football game would have been the correct punishment, but to spin this shiitake as anything other than him being a worthless piece of shiitake is backwards. 

I don't care what the girl said, did, or threatened to do.  You don't put your hands on a woman unless she is initiating your death.  All Upshaw had to do was walk away and leave  her alone in the street crying like the lonely lunatic that she is.  Instead, he shoved her and grabbed her by the back of the head or whatever else he did. 

Alabama fans trying to argue that this isn't a big deal have to be sporting a wife beater with a Natty Light in hand.  That's as ignorant as it gets.  I know I'd be completely disappointed in an Auburn player if he ever caused harm to a woman.

And for those trying to argue that Quentin Groves did the same thing, shut up.  Quentin called the cops on himself, and he said that he was afraid of what he might do to his wife if they kept arguing.  Dramatic?  Yes.  Assault?  No. 

I disagree.  There is a story here, but I'm not inclined to tell it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2009, 09:42:56 AM »

Speaking of the '04 UGA game - I had a 9am class the Friday before the game.  Every other professor cancelled class for that Friday, but not this lady.  About 5 minutes into class, two drunk ass Georgia fans holding beers in their hands came waltzing into the room and said, "Look at all these effin' Aubies learning shiitake. Heh heh hee haw haw ha ha ha hee." 

Problem is, you can't really control the situation as much as you'd like when it comes to choosing a school for your child.  I'm from an Auburn family.  Graduated from there.  Met my wife there and all that.  Yes, I'd like all my children to continue the tradition and so far so good.  But, my daughter's decision had very little to do with what I wanted.  She liked the school but more importantly, about 75% of her graduating class is going there so she feels more comfortable.

I looked at that crazy ass scene that night and cringed at thinking of my child being in the middle of it.  But, short of forcing her to a local junior college or researching to find the least "Party" school, I have to accept that that shit goes on everywhere and I can't shield her from it.  You just have to trust that you've raised them right so that they'll hopefully make good decisions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
I disagree.  There is a story here, but I'm not inclined to tell it.

I am about ERA.  You can't have a different set of rules when it suits your needs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
I am about ERA.  You can't have a different set of rules when it suits your needs.

Grrrr..

Ok.  Shortest version.  I'm capable of.

Girl sort of kinda moved in with me many years ago.  She was maybe a little sketchy. 

Found an old box of checks from a closed account in a drawer in the bedroom.

Wrote I don't know how many checks at convenience stores all over town.  Bought small things and wrote them over for cash back. 

I find out about this when I get arrested -- at work -- for kiting checks.  When I try to argue with the fine police officers, I get headbutted, cuffed and stuffed. 

Incarcerated -- and unaware that she had written the checks -- I use my one phone call to call her to come get me out so I can try to figure out what's going on.

She tells me she's tired of my crap and hangs up on me. 

When I get out a few days later after finally breaking down and calling somebody else to share in my disgrace, I see a lawyer, get copies of some of the checks and realize who did what.  So I go home.

She's there smoking dope with a bunch of scumbags. 

Apparently I just missed the sex.

Scumbags scramble.  She's not content to just get her ragged shit and leave, she's got to run her mouth. 

I closed it for her. 

First and only time I've done that.  I'd like to be ashamed of it, but I'm not.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.