Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If we would have waited a little longer

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: If we would have waited a little longer
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2009, 12:58:48 PM »
Coach O says.  Of course he does.  Yawyawyawyawyaw turnthecorner yawyawyaw. 

Yes, Snead made a difference.  But ask the Ole Miss players why they improved.  They'll tell you it was Nutt.

Don't doubt that he left a mess in Arkansas. But that was sort of his pattern. A year of mess, a year of overachieving and a year of underwhelming.  But he took the Hogs to three SEC title games (is that right?) in his time there. 

I wouldn't want Nutt at AU because his coaching style is 90% emotional and I don't think you can sustain that.  Rah-rah coaches eventually lose their grip and have to hold out until a new group comes in that hasn't already heard their bullshit.
I was going to say the same thing, Nutt left Arkansas a mess. That mess also beat our ass this year. At least we have something to talk about for the next 8 months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
Well, as you so love to say, you weren't there. You don't know squat. There is something about chizik that made JJ want to hire him. I'm guessing it is the same something that has enabled him to draw in some high caliber coaching talent to assist him. Everything about chizik looks great other than his record at the armpit he was in the process of turning around.

He is the fucking coach now matter how long and hard you beat your drum. Everyone knows how you feel. If he fails you will get all your kudos for ringing the warning bell harder than anyone except weasel. We get the freaking point. JJ has rolled the dice and he will either look like a genius or an idiot when it is over.

The ridiculous thing is that you refuse to acknowledge the positives and say, hey who knows, it is possible this could work. Fortunately there is a lot of good karma working to combat the negative nellies.

Extenuating circumstances is a more polite way of saying "excuses.".

Winners don't need them.

Elite programs don't hire coaches whose entire resume consists of them.

enuati g
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
I'll just inject that there is one simple lesson to be learned here that I learned last Sunday.  There is going to be no debate, or arguing with Kaos.  There will be no arguing with Greasy.  They have ground rules nobody can follow.  The fact is, just as there are as many different personalities on this board, there are different approaches in what to think about Auburn's coaching situation.

Nobody at this point has enough to prove anything one way or the other.  I didn't.  As much as it may pain him, Kaos doesn't either.   Fact is, that regardless of what results came from ISU, it was different than Auburn's situation.  One can NOT measure at this point, based on the many different variables, and sheer differences between the two schools geographically, socially and in many other ways to make an ironclad, or factual summation of Gene Chizik and his worth as Auburn Head Coach.  Impossible.  Period.

At this point, I think that the current actions of the staff, and opinions on the history and facts built every day is the only thing that can be debated. 

Kaos telling me, tiger, jumbo, or tailgate we just fell off the turnip truck because we support Chizik, is an incredible example of playing smear the queer.  All kinds of running around and occassional tackles, but the game will never end untill the dinner bell rings, or people just finally give it up.  There just isn't an endgame in it.  No way to say, "I win".

So, simply put, Kaos saying we're wrong about Chizik is ridiculous.  However, at the same time, telling Kaos he's an idiot for believing what he does is ridiculous as well.

I'd rather just debate current recruiting, bama, the SEC and current events, rather than thread after thread of your stupid, no you're stupid.

JMO....   Keep hammerin' away though if you want....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »
Al I got out of that is that you don't understand the rules of engagement (it was one simple rule, not the magna carta).  And that you're queer.

Lots of coming out of the closet around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2009, 02:02:37 PM »
Al I got out of that is that you don't understand the rules of engagement (it was one simple rule, not the magna carta).  And that you're queer.

Lots of coming out of the closet around here.

I'd expect nothing from you but this type of response.  Exactly my point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »
See, Kaos is retarded...and his breath stinks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
You take shit waaaay to seriously.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »
Al I got out of that is that you don't understand the rules of engagement (it was one simple rule, not the magna carta).

What value does that one simple rule have if you don't abide by it while trying to enforce it against others?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »

Says Pot to the Kettle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 02:44:07 PM »

Oh yeah, well your breath smells like shit, so I'm guessing that you eat it....YEAH!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
Oh yeah, well your breath smells like shit, so I'm guessing that you eat it....YEAH!!!!!!

Figures.   Third grade mentality. Explains a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »
Says Pot to the Kettle.

Hahahaha. You Fuckin' wish.  This all for my amusement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »
He is the fucking coach now matter how long and hard you beat your drum. Everyone knows how you feel. If he fails you will get all your kudos for ringing the warning bell harder than anyone except weasel. I am one bell ringing mother fucker.

We get the freaking point. JJ will look like an idiot when it is over. But pat dye will be happy.
The ridiculous thing is that you refuse to acknowledge the positives and say, hey who knows, it is possible this could work. It is also possible that the ghost of dead pirates could kill us all in our sleep. Fortunately there is a lot of good karma working to combat the pirate ghost.

I fixed your post for you. You can thank me when we hire a coach worth a damn.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:11:32 PM by Greaseyweasel »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »
What value does that one simple rule have if you don't abide by it while trying to enforce it against others?

I still don't know where the statement you pulled out comes from or in what context it was made.

But if it makes you feel better I was probably bullshitting for effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
Hahahaha. You Fuckin' wish.  This all for my amusement. 

"Serious" + "amusement" then.   You're language, attention and the persistance of your posts imply that "serious" might not be strong enough actually.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2009, 04:18:35 PM »
"Serious" + "amusement" then.   You're language, attention and the persistance of your posts imply that "serious" might not be strong enough actually.

And yet again you transfer your own thoughts and feelings to someone else.

I spend half my time laughing at the shit I see spewing around here. It's funny as hell to me.

If you let it get you worked up, if you forget that it's a message board that's your problem, not mine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 04:22:35 PM »
And yet again you transfer your own thoughts and feelings to someone else.

I spend half my time laughing at the shit I see spewing around here. It's funny as hell to me.

If you let it get you worked up, if you forget that it's a message board that's your problem, not mine.

2.0 hasn't gotten worked up.  This has been much nicer actually.  In addressing your statement though, nobody sees you laughing.  Quite the contrary actually.  At least now we know your mission.

What are your thoughts on Grimes?  My OPINION is, is that it's a good hire...

Thoughts?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »
Don't know him.

I'm with GW a little in that if you have to obsess this much over a freaking OL coach there are problems at the top.

Quick -- without looking -- tell me who coaches the OL at USC, Florida, Ohio State or Oklahoma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »
Don't know him.

Fair enough.

I'm with GW a little in that if you have to obsess this much over a freaking OL coach there are problems at the top.

Haha.  Okay.  I actually wouldn't expect you and GW to come up with anything different.

Quick -- without looking -- tell me who coaches the OL at USC, Florida, Ohio State or Oklahoma.

Don't know.  Don't follow them.  However, I know Alabama fans could tell you about how important good OL coaching can be for example. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2009, 05:16:41 PM »
Quote from: Kaos on Today at 02:44:55 PM
Don't know him.

Fair enough.

Haha.  Okay.  I actually wouldn't expect you and GW to come up with anything different.

OK but that is because we understand what is going on

Don't know.  Don't follow them.  However, I know Alabama fans could tell you about how important good OL coaching can be for example. 

But I bet you can tell me who their head coaches are can't you. So you admit then that the headcoach is who the wins/losses and recruits are attribited to. So do you now admit in the face of your own admission that a strong respected head coach is more important than his underlings?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.