Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If we would have waited a little longer

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
Re: If we would have waited a little longer
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 12:29:13 PM »
You, are a bammer.  I haven't heard what "They" are telling me, I already fuckin' know...I know football and I know that EVERY COACH that Coach Chizik has hired are GREAT COACHES and Really Good to GREAT RECRUITERS.

So, I'm guessing that you'll keep posting on this board, apparently because you'll never get a fuckin' clue.
You sir do not know jack shit about football. You may know Broadway musicals, gay fashions and The Dave Matthews band ..... but you know zero about football.
When a coach has to hide behind his staff..... then you do not have a decent coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
You sir do not know jack shit about football. You may know Broadway musicals, gay fashions and The Dave Matthews band ..... but you know zero about football.
When a coach has to hide behind his staff..... then you do not have a decent coach.
Why do you hate Musicals?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »
Weasel, you are an idiot in so many ways. You knock chizik for "having" to surround himself with great recruiters. That's fucking retarded. Everyone knows that Chizik is an excellent recruiter himself. Seems like any intelligent hc would surround himself with great recruiters unless they want to be the next terry bowden on the plains.

The fact of the matter is that there were many extinuating circumstances at ISU that caused chizik to go 5-19 and they were pissed off when he left because they felt he was in the process of building a winner at possibly the biggest armpit in cfb.

Your and kaos' entire argument is based on his record and only his record at isu and as stated there is a lot more to that story than his record. When you're 5-19 and the school and fan base are pissed when you leave, obviously there is a lot more to the story than the record. 

But you stay here and post like an absolute fucking retard on the subject if you must. Stating your point is one thing. To hammer into the ground that it is a loser deal and success is impossible makes you a nasty fucking boil on the ass of this board. It doesn't hold water. It makes you a conmplete dickhead in nearly everyones eyes.

Thanks for bringing this guy here kaos. He has added so much to the board.

So I need to wait until mid season to add you to the list of "people who are ready for this shit to be over with and resume a legitimate coaching search".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
Why do you hate Musicals?
I don't hate musicals. I just understand football not musicals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »
I've played and learned under Coach Willie Wyatt (uat nose guard that was described as "a shear nightmare for any Center that lined up across from him"), Coach Thomas Rayam (The uat player that blocked the PSU FG), and Coach Tracy Rocker.....so, yeah, I know about football.  Coach Chizik is doing everything BUT hid behind his staff, now if Coach Chizik was going Duck Hunting right around this time, then yeah you could say that he was hiding behind his staff....But, he isn't.  Since you know so much about football, who would you've hired and give more than one reason why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »
So I need to wait until mid season to add you to the list of "people who are ready for this shit to be over with and resume a legitimate coaching search".

Your level of certainty of this being a failure shows that you are an irrational fool.

Hell the guy goes out and puts together a group of top notch coaches that happen to be great recruiters and you accuse him of hiding behind his staff.  :rofl:  :bugs: but  :cage:  I suppose he should have hired a bunch of average to below average coaches and took em under his wing and "coached them up". Hired a bunch of non-recruiters and painfully taught them people skills and how to recruit. That would only take years.

I don't know what your agenda is, but you have one here. Are you a big CTT fan?  Do you just hate that the PTB get to change things when they want to?

One thing I know is that it was time for a change with ctt. I didn't really trust him to take another shot in the dark at OC, because that is what it always was with him. Our offensive side of the ball was ready for a clean sweep and we got it. We got an excellent defensive coach to replace tubs and the new guy seems very capable of bringing in some really good coaches on offense. Guys with character. Guys with proven track records. Guys that other big schools would love to have.

It is so obvious that you want chizik to fail and that is what is pissing everyone here off. You don't root against AU if you are an AU fan. You give the guy a shot. Don't come in and say, "no, I really want him to succeed", because you obviously don't. That makes you a complete dickhead in this case in my book.

All signs are good so far and I hope Chizik turns out to be the read deal and makes JJ look like a genius for hiring him. I know that thought causes you great mental anguish. One thing for certain, I have heard nothing but good things about Chizik afa being a good man inside and outside of football and you are a complete dickhead for saying some of the things you have on this board against him. You may not be a bammer, but there is no way in hell you are an AU man in my book. The numbers just don't add up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 12:33:38 AM »
Proves you don't pay attention. His god awful record at ISU is only a part of the argument against Chiz.  The record does reflect his abysmal mismanagement of the program but it is a symptom of the problems not the problem itself.

Make all the excuses you want but as Prowler so conveniently confirmed in another thread, ISU declined in every quantifiable measure of a coach while Chiz was there.

The only thing his disciples (and there are few) have to offer are excuses and hopes that he won't ass up as badly here.

Excuses are for losers. Winners win.  Period.

You put Meyer, Saban, Nutt or Richt at ISU and they're not 5-19 over two years.  No matter what excuses you come up with, great coaches don't have ten-game losing streaks.

Weasel, you are an idiot in so many ways. You knock chizik for "having" to surround himself with great recruiters. That's fucking retarded. Everyone knows that Chizik is an excellent recruiter himself. Seems like any intelligent hc would surround himself with great recruiters unless they want to be the next terry bowden on the plains.

The fact of the matter is that there were many extinuating circumstances at ISU that caused chizik to go 5-19 and they were pissed off when he left because they felt he was in the process of building a winner at possibly the biggest armpit in cfb.

Your and kaos' entire argument is based on his record and only his record at isu and as stated there is a lot more to that story than his record. When you're 5-19 and the school and fan base are pissed when you leave, obviously there is a lot more to the story than the record. 

But you stay here and post like an absolute fucking retard on the subject if you must. Stating your point is one thing. To hammer into the ground that it is a loser deal and success is impossible makes you a nasty fucking boil on the ass of this board. It doesn't hold water. It makes you a conmplete dickhead in nearly everyones eyes.

Thanks for bringing this guy here kaos. He has added so much to the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
Proves you don't pay attention. His god awful record at ISU is only a part of the argument against Chiz.  The record does reflect his abysmal mismanagement of the program but it is a symptom of the problems not the problem itself.

Make all the excuses you want but as Prowler so conveniently confirmed in another thread, ISU declined in every quantifiable measure of a coach while Chiz was there.

The only thing his disciples (and there are few) have to offer are excuses and hopes that he won't ass up as badly here.

Excuses are for losers. Winners win.  Period.

You put Meyer, Saban, Nutt or Richt at ISU and they're not 5-19 over two years.  No matter what excuses you come up with, great coaches don't have ten-game losing streaks.

I'm sorry but Meyer, Richt, Saban, or Nutt (good God) could not make ISU a winner in 2 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
I'm sorry but Meyer, Richt, Saban, or Nutt (good God) could not make ISU a winner in 2 years. 

Did I say that? Nope.

I said they would not go 5-19.  Instead of steady and comprehensive decline, there would have been improvement. Look at what Nutt did with 3-8 Ole Miss.

I hate all those bastards. I hope they all lose every game they coach. It sickens me to have to use them for comparison. But the fact is that those fucks win.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 01:01:23 AM »
Did I say that? Nope.

I said they would not go 5-19.  Instead of steady and comprehensive decline, there would have been improvement. Look at what Nutt did with 3-8 Ole Miss.

I hate all those bastards. I hope they all lose every game they coach. It sickens me to have to use them for comparison. But the fact is that those fucks win.

Well Nutt got himself a pretty good QB (as you know from our offensive troubles that means alot) and played in an SEC west that was as weak as it has ever been.  Hell AU almost did, and maybe should have beat OM this year, so how good were they?  Nutt's turn around from 3-8 is not all that special.  Let's see if he can do it again in 2009.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 01:28:10 AM »
You can rationalize why he shouldn't have and justify why Chizik didn't. But the proof is in the pudding.

Ole miss improved under Nutt. ISU went to hell under Chiz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 01:33:27 AM »
You can rationalize why he shouldn't have and justify why Chizik didn't. But the proof is in the pudding.

ISU has basically always been in hell, they did not need Chiz to take them there
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 02:47:10 AM »

Coach O said he was 1 year away from having something special at Ole Miss, but he wasn't around to enjoy the success. Orgeron signed that gunslinger Jevon Sneed, the 2nd best Qb in the Sec in 09' the big time game changer. You can't give Nutt all the credit for Ole Miss's success, yes he's a lot better coach than Orgeron but look how Nutt left Arkansas? in a fucking mess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 08:36:22 AM »
ISU has basically always been in hell, they did not need Chiz to take them there

Okay. So he took them from the fourth rung to the seventh.  Point is, ISU didn't improve.  That's the hallmark of a quality coach -- he takes the situation, whatever it is, and makes it better. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 08:41:20 AM »
Coach O said he was 1 year away from having something special at Ole Miss, but he wasn't around to enjoy the success. Orgeron signed that gunslinger Jevon Sneed, the 2nd best Qb in the Sec in 09' the big time game changer. You can't give Nutt all the credit for Ole Miss's success, yes he's a lot better coach than Orgeron but look how Nutt left Arkansas? in a fucking mess.

Coach O says.  Of course he does.  Yawyawyawyawyaw turnthecorner yawyawyaw. 

Yes, Snead made a difference.  But ask the Ole Miss players why they improved.  They'll tell you it was Nutt.

Don't doubt that he left a mess in Arkansas. But that was sort of his pattern. A year of mess, a year of overachieving and a year of underwhelming.  But he took the Hogs to three SEC title games (is that right?) in his time there. 

I wouldn't want Nutt at AU because his coaching style is 90% emotional and I don't think you can sustain that.  Rah-rah coaches eventually lose their grip and have to hold out until a new group comes in that hasn't already heard their bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »

A ridiculous comparison. Ole Miss was loaded to the gills with talent when nutt got there as opposed to what chizik inherited at isu.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »

ISU was hell before and after chiz left. Rhodes will have a shot maybe based on the groundwork chizik laid. We know he had something going because the folks there were upset when he left. They, and he, and the players, believed they were headed in the right direction. He started like 11 or 12 freshmen last year. You act like no great coaches have ever had similar situations to what he had at isu. Not saying he is a great coach because he has a lot to prove.

Chizik is, no doubt, a question mark. However, he is already making things happen on the plains afa coaching and possibly recruiting. You can hammer away on the record but there were many extenuating circumstances involved.

He is the coach and we are the fans. We can sit back and moan and whine like a bunch of losers or we can dwell on the positives. Like, we now have one of the best OC's in the country. I mean he passes your ultimate litmus test. He went into an armpit situation and made them the #1 offense in America. We have a great selection of assistants so far. Our recruiting appears to be staying solid. Let the 5-19 go and lets see what happens. If he fails pull out your block of cheese and whine away because many others will be to. It's just hard for others to see how you can't give the guy a chance based on what we've seen so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
A ridiculous comparison. Ole Miss was loaded to the gills with talent when nutt got there as opposed to what chizik inherited at isu.

If your going to compare the talent then you need to examine also the quality of the opponent that the talent is going to face.  He went shitty and shittier against some weak opponents where his talent should have been more than good enough. So his talent at Auburn is going to have to be coached against the talent that Auburn has to play and out perform out play and yes outcoach the hardest murderers row of coaches from top to bottom ever assembled on the face of the planet. The players will give it their all but chizik as a headcoach is grossly outmatched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 12:18:07 PM »
If your going to compare the talent then you need to examine also the quality of the opponent that the talent is going to face.  He went shitty and shittier against some weak opponents where his talent should have been more than good enough. So his talent at Auburn is going to have to be coached against the talent that Auburn has to play and out perform out play and yes outcoach the hardest murderers row of coaches from top to bottom ever assembled on the face of the planet. The players will give it their all but chizik as a headcoach is grossly outmatched.

We'll soon see weasel. I just don't see why you and a few others are in such a hurry to skewer the guy. The fact is that nutt to chizik and isu to ole miss is apples to oranges comparison. It is a worthless waste of time to sit around and debate it one way or the other. The two situations were night and day and nutt has fielded his share of toilet bowl teams that were loaded with talent. I think if nutt went to isu he has a losing record his first two years as well but, as mentioned, it is a worthless debate.

The only thing worth mentioning is that chizik record at ISU couldn't have been much worse, but there are MANY extenuating circumstances involved. Since he has arrived on the plains he has done nothing but make good moves and things look very promising at the moment. If he royally fucks it up then we will go from there. At the moment I am genuinely optimistic that we are going to have a helluva year next year. If we don't, then we don't. Anything above 50% is a good improvement. I'm hoping for 8-4, 9-3 or better and looking at our schedule it is doable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »
Extenuating circumstances is a more polite way of saying "excuses.".

Winners don't need them.

Elite programs don't hire coaches whose entire resume consists of them.

ISU was hell before and after chiz left. Rhodes will have a shot maybe based on the groundwork chizik laid. We know he had something going because the folks there were upset when he left. They, and he, and the players, believed they were headed in the right direction. He started like 11 or 12 freshmen last year. You act like no great coaches have ever had similar situations to what he had at isu. Not saying he is a great coach because he has a lot to prove.

Chizik is, no doubt, a question mark. However, he is already making things happen on the plains afa coaching and possibly recruiting. You can hammer away on the record but there were many extenuating circumstances involved.

He is the coach and we are the fans. We can sit back and moan and whine like a bunch of losers or we can dwell on the positives. Like, we now have one of the best OC's in the country. I mean he passes your ultimate litmus test. He went into an armpit situation and made them the #1 offense in America. We have a great selection of assistants so far. Our recruiting appears to be staying solid. Let the 5-19 go and lets see what happens. If he fails pull out your block of cheese and whine away because many others will be to. It's just hard for others to see how you can't give the guy a chance based on what we've seen so far.
enuati g
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions