dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: If we would have waited a little longer
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
Whoa.  Wow.  WHY? 

I understand that Gruden hasn't been the best coach since Lombardi, but he's had success.  He's done a lot with teams that have been hurt by injuries.  He never found that quarterback that he needed.  Cadillac couldn't keep his tires from going flat. 

I guess like Auburn, you eventually need to go in a different direction.  Seven years is a long time considering he won the Super Bowl in his first.  Someone will pick him up.  Who still needs a head coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »
The Jets and the Rams still need a coach.  I would've been happy with him as our head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 06:41:34 PM »
Nah 5-19 is just what we need.
New chizpanzee supporters bumper sticker.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:43:06 PM by Greaseyweasel »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »
5-19....That'll get rid the '04 Bandwagon fans
If AU has a good year, next year
Your seat will be taken.

That's the new bumper sticker.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:18:50 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
Your seat will be taken.

Boo. He pulls another 5-19 there won't be any wagon at all except the one gassing up to run him down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »
Before we got Saban, Gruden was who I wanted to be 'Bamas coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Your seat will be taken.

When the chizpanzee breaks it off deep in our collective annusses will you please never ever post on here again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 01:02:57 AM »
Damnit all, I wanted Gruden as our next head coach...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:51 AM »
When the chizpanzee breaks it off deep in our collective annusses will you please never ever post on here again.
When you get a Fuckin' Clue.....will you never post on here again?  Coach Chizik is a Great Coach and a Really Good Recruiter.   He's surrounding himself with Great Coaches and Really Good to Great Recruiters.  Once you get your head outta your ass, you'll realize what I've stated is fuckin' true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:13:36 AM »
When you get a Fuckin' Clue.....will you never post on here again?  Coach Chizik is a Great Coach and a Really Good Recruiter.   He's surrounding himself with Great Coaches and Really Good to Great Recruiters.  Once you get your head outta your ass, you'll realize what I've stated is fuckin' true.
No sir you pull yours out of your ass. Gene Chizik is a great Coordinator. That means he advises the coach about just 1 facet of the game.  As a head coach he sucks. Also when a "coach" has to surround himself with GREAT RECRUITERS then you are in serious trouble. But your so busy being a complete believe what ever the hell they tell you fucktard that you never ever pause to stop look and think for yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 02:18:49 AM »
No sir you pull yours out of your ass. Gene Chizik is a great Coordinator. That means he advises the coach about just 1 facet of the game.  As a head coach he sucks. Also when a "coach" has to surround himself with GREAT RECRUITERS then you are in serious trouble. But your so busy being a complete believe what ever the hell they tell you fucktard that you never ever pause to stop look and think for yourself.

Go Home
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25:50 AM »
You, are a bammer.  I haven't heard what "They" are telling me, I already fuckin' know...I know football and I know that EVERY COACH that Coach Chizik has hired are GREAT COACHES and Really Good to GREAT RECRUITERS.

So, I'm guessing that you'll keep posting on this board, apparently because you'll never get a fuckin' clue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 03:50:40 AM »
We need our first TigersX steel cage death match between The Prowler and GreasyDick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »
When a coach has to surround himself with great recruiters, then you're in serious trouble????  Where the hell did that come from?  NO successful coach at this level will survive if he doesn't surround himself with good recruiters.  NO coach can be in Miami, Atlanta, Louisiana, Memphis, Texas, Mobile etc. all at the same time. 

Well, maybe Saban...sure..but we're talking about mere mortals here.

Seriously, what's the big stink up at the Crapstoned?  Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson just left.  Anyone crying about the football knowledge they're taking with them?  Nope.  Bama fans are holding their breath over top 5 recruits like Trent Richardson and hoping he doesn't open it back up now because of the defection.  Recruiting is a huge part of any assistant's duties and no one, Pete Carroll included, is going to stay at the top without guys around him that can go out and get the job done on the recruiting trail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »
You, are a bammer.  I haven't heard what "They" are telling me, I already fuckin' know...I know football and I know that EVERY COACH that Coach Chizik has hired are GREAT COACHES and Really Good to GREAT RECRUITERS.

So, I'm guessing that you'
ll keep posting on this board, apparently because you'll never get a fuckin' clue.

That's pretty weak prowler.  Just because somebody doesn't buy into your (IMO seriously warped) view on Chiz doesn't mean they're a bammer.

Am I one? I think hiring chiz was a loser move. I'm just not as vocal or direct. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

boartitz

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
That's pretty weak prowler.  Just because somebody doesn't buy into your (IMO seriously warped) view on Chiz doesn't mean they're a bammer.

Am I one? I think hiring chiz was a loser move. I'm just not as vocal or direct. 

I think yall are assembling a pretty good staff.
If Chiz will delegate responsibility, I think yall will do all right. I like having people working for me that are smarter than me. I makes my job a lot easier vs having to watch over them all the time fearing they will screw up.
Our old coach thought he was smarter than his staff. He still has the ones that are dumber than him. The really smart ones bailed. Now yall have a couple of them.
Watch Ole Miss start a nose dive in a year or two when Nutt gets his own players in there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:49:38 AM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 11:36:35 AM »
I would have been disgusted to the point of vomiting if gruden had been hired. Nothing to do with his coaching abilities. He just comes across like one of the biggest posers ever with that scowl and mean look he is always forcing on his face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

Weasel, you are an idiot in so many ways. You knock chizik for "having" to surround himself with great recruiters. That's fucking retarded. Everyone knows that Chizik is an excellent recruiter himself. Seems like any intelligent hc would surround himself with great recruiters unless they want to be the next terry bowden on the plains.

The fact of the matter is that there were many extinuating circumstances at ISU that caused chizik to go 5-19 and they were pissed off when he left because they felt he was in the process of building a winner at possibly the biggest armpit in cfb.

Your and kaos' entire argument is based on his record and only his record at isu and as stated there is a lot more to that story than his record. When you're 5-19 and the school and fan base are pissed when you leave, obviously there is a lot more to the story than the record. 

But you stay here and post like an absolute fucking retard on the subject if you must. Stating your point is one thing. To hammer into the ground that it is a loser deal and success is impossible makes you a nasty fucking boil on the ass of this board. It doesn't hold water. It makes you a conmplete dickhead in nearly everyones eyes.

Thanks for bringing this guy here kaos. He has added so much to the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »

I don't fuckin' care what the bammers buy into.  My point of view is Far, Far from warped.  Now, yours and greaseydick's point of view is, IMO, horribly warped and there's a good possibility that it will never be straightened out.

A Good Head Coach surrounds himself with Good to Great Coaches and Good to Great Recruiters, a Great Head Coach knows what to do with them.

All your fuck buddy, greaseypussy, wants to do is cry, Five and Nineteen!!!!  WAaaaaa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions