Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tiger Woods swung a golf club!!!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Tiger Woods swung a golf club!!!
« on: February 21, 2018, 11:13:23 PM »
Oh my FUCKING Lord!!  Tiger has a golf club in his hand!!!  Holy shit.  he swung it!  He swung it!  He swung it!!! 

Seven minutes of SportsCenter discussion. 

The fucker hit the fairway 30% of the time in the six fucking rounds he's played since he limped away a few years ago.  Yeah.  Guess what?  I'm not worth a damn and I hit the fairway more than 60% of the time. 

He missed the cut at the fucking Genesis Open.  What in the bleeding blue hell is the Genesis Open?  He shot a 72 and a 76.  That's better than me, but not by a hell of a lot. 

I don't want to watch seven minutes about this fucker on television.  I haven't watched SportsCenter in months.  I just happened to click over hoping to see something about the AU basketball team.  Instead?  Essentially a mini fucking 30 for 30 inside the SportsCenter broadcast, blowing Woods. 

And good lord Linda Cohn is hideous looking.  She was never attractive, but she's aging like a piece of spoiled fruit.   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Tiger Woods swung a golf club!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
Quick, Cohn or Rowe?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »
I know that you are being facetious but chill, dude. The man’s dad was black.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 08:50:39 AM »
Quick, Cohn or Rowe?

I’d rather be drowned in a bag with a dozen rabid ground squirrels
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »
I’d rather be drowned in a bag with a dozen rabid ground squirrels

You know you want to be the meat in a Cohn & Rowe sammich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 08:54:09 AM »
Re: Sportcenter, being serious for a moment. Who wouldn’t want to blow Woods?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
Tiger is good for the PGA.  Tickets sales will be up, revenue will be up and tv ratings will be up.  You don't have to like it but those are the facts.  Tiger isn't the same Tiger from 20 years ago but he's still a top PGA player.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
Tiger is good for the PGA.  Tickets sales will be up, revenue will be up and tv ratings will be up.  You don't have to like it but those are the facts.  Tiger isn't the same Tiger from 20 years ago but he's still a top PGA player.  

No
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 10:28:44 PM »
Agreed.  The other day, I'm listening to ESPN Radio.  They do their little Sports Center dealio and quickly talk about 3-4 of the top sports topics, scores etc.  They finish with, "And Tiger Woods shoots even par at the Honda Classic and is 4 shots back."
That's their ENTIRE report on this golf tournament.  One guy who isn't even one of the leaders.  At the Honda Classic, this guy is 4 shots back.  That's it! 
Yes, he's good for golf.  When he's relevant, he makes everybody on tour a whole lot more money.  Is it right?  Maybe.  Bugs the shit out of me.  Several years back, he and Dill Pickleson were in contention at the Masters and playing together.  They were several shots back, but both making a run.  CBS spent 5 minutes showing Woods eating a Power Bar while waiting on the players ahead to move on.  Then later, went to a videotaped replay of what the leader (Who won) did while Tiger ate his candy bar. 
Yes, it pisses me off.  Not his fault.  Falls in the lap of the media.  But, the reality is if he's relevant, he's the biggest golf star on the planet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »
Agreed.  The other day, I'm listening to ESPN Radio.  They do their little Sports Center dealio and quickly talk about 3-4 of the top sports topics, scores etc.  They finish with, "And Tiger Woods shoots even par at the Honda Classic and is 4 shots back."
That's their ENTIRE report on this golf tournament.  One guy who isn't even one of the leaders.  At the Honda Classic, this guy is 4 shots back.  That's it!
Yes, he's good for golf.  When he's relevant, he makes everybody on tour a whole lot more money.  Is it right?  Maybe.  Bugs the shoot out of me.  Several years back, he and Dill Pickleson were in contention at the Masters and playing together.  They were several shots back, but both making a run.  CBS spent 5 minutes showing Woods eating a Power Bar while waiting on the players ahead to move on.  Then later, went to a videotaped replay of what the leader (Who won) did while Tiger ate his candy bar.
Yes, it pisses me off.  Not his fault.  Falls in the lap of the media.  But, the reality is if he's relevant, he's the biggest golf star on the planet.
The best part of yesterday's coverage was when they interviewed the kid that played with Tiger.  "What was it like playing alongside Tiger Woods?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »
 But, the reality is if he's relevant, he's the biggest golf star on the planet.
Chicken and egg. 
Why is he the biggest golf star?  Because they show him eating a power bar? Because they cover every breath the guy takes?  He was good.  A long time ago.  There are much better stories in the game now than this douchebag assclown, but they don't get followed around and reported on. 
I've yet to meet a single person who cares as much about Woods as the media does.  Most I know don't really like him all that much and didn't even when he was playing well.  Never met anyone who is cheering for him to win. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 09:43:57 AM »
Chicken and egg.
Why is he the biggest golf star?  Because they show him eating a power bar? Because they cover every breath the guy takes?  He was good.  A long time ago.  There are much better stories in the game now than this douchebag assclown, but they don't get followed around and reported on.

I've yet to meet a single person who cares as much about Woods as the media does.  Most I know don't really like him all that much and didn't even when he was playing well.  Never met anyone who is cheering for him to win.
I don't disagree with anything you've said, but to answer your above question I would say the hordes of people that I saw yesterday flocked around him at the Honda Classic.

Pops and I set up at the 18th at about 2pm about 100 yards from the green. There was no one else around us. The only other people were about maybe 50 that were scattered around the green itself.  The guys that played 2 holes before Woods, we had a solid line of people along the roped area, maybe...maybe 2 or 3 people up near the green, but no one behind us.  When Woods played there was a solid 8-10 people deep behind us, next to us...everywhere.  He draws a crowd.  A lot of folks left when he finished.

He was good a long time ago but for whatever reason, he has always been a favorite....he was the prodigal son... a black golfer, that was on Johnny Carson when he was 4... kid was made for golf.  People like a winner and he was a winner, and they like a comeback story even more.  You may have never met anyone cheering for him to win but he had 5000-6000 of his best friends following and cheering for him on Sunday, and PGA reported that this was the biggest crowd the Classic has ever had since it's inception in 1982.  That equals money...media likes money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 09:56:35 AM »
GF, did you stay for the playoff?  On Thomas' approach, they said he had 256.  Little 5'9" joker stepped up and calmly ripped one to the back of the green. 

What was so funny is when he sank the winning putt, he clearly hollers "Fuck yeah".  They replayed it 4-5 times before they left the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 10:02:55 AM »
GF, did you stay for the playoff?  On Thomas' approach, they said he had 256.  Little 5'9" joker stepped up and calmly ripped one to the back of the green.

What was so funny is when he sank the winning putt, he clearly hollers "Fuck yeah".  They replayed it 4-5 times before they left the air.
This is how I usually finish off a day of posting on the x.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

chinook

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 06:23:27 PM »
frick that cracker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »
frick that cracker.
You can't say frick.  Mods?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
You can't say frick.  Mods?
Whatever you do, don’t report it to the moderator.
They’ll kick your ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 12:49:50 PM »
This just in...

TIGAH WOODS just bogeyed number 9 at the Valspar tourney.

More to follow as this brilliant athlete continues his valiant comeback recapturing the hearts of the entire nation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions