Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A-Day

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: A-Day
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 08:13:25 PM »
It's A-day, so you can't really trust anything you think you saw.

That said, what I think I saw was a pretty potent offense that could function with either Willis or Gatewood taking snaps.  Nix looked great for a freshman but not so great as to justify starting him over the upperclassmen.  Willis was the most poised in the pocket and looked to have the best command of the offense, but Gatewood has a quality about him that leaves you holding your breath because of the big-play potential.  In the interest of full disclosure, that could be just me projecting all the "Cam2.0" talk I've read.

The WRs were catching everything thrown their way today and they all look hungry to get the ball.  Maybe the depth of the group is breeding some healthy competition.  They don't look like a group resigned to run-blocking because the QB can't get them the ball.  They've seen something in practice.

The OL was more than holding its own against our 1st team defense.  That's a testament to Grimes.  He has his detractors, but his lines here have mostly been disciplined, cohesive and nasty.  We need to develop some depth badly, though.  All 5 starters are seniors.

The RB room looks like it is chocked full and loaded with talent/potential.  Malik Miller should take a look at the H-Back role and see if he can't get some more touches there...kind of like the Eric Smith position.  Joiner is going to be the X factor this year and it's probably unfair to lump him in with just one position group. 

Anders Carlson seems to have taken this spring to shake off whatever bad juju he picked up last year.  He looked relaxed and confident.

The defense?  What's there to say?  They are deep and fast.  My only concern right now is the severity of the injury to Wooten.

I feel the way you're intended to feel after the spring game: full of optimism and pleased with the prospects for this team.  To the extent it's all a facade, then good work to those staging the spectacle.  If it's a glimpse of what this team can truly be, then I think we're in a for a fun ride.

fudge it, let's go bowling.
I don't roll on shabbos
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »
Good analysis Counselor.

My only disagreement would be Willis, he just doesn't look like anything special to me.  I thought Gatewood looked to be handling things well and appeared to be the best of the bunch.  Of course, Willis was going against the first team defense and Gatewood and Nix were against the second stringers, so as you say hard to qualify anything of what we saw.  I do think Gus needs to pick a QB and roll with it. 

Was quite impressed with the WR core.  Seth Williams continued to look good from last year and Mathew Hill looked to be a great position receiver, coming back for balls.

Thought both lines looked good.

When does Basketball season start?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 12:29:13 PM »
Good analysis Counselor.

My only disagreement would be Willis, he just doesn't look like anything special to me.  I thought Gatewood looked to be handling things well and appeared to be the best of the bunch.  Of course, Willis was going against the first team defense and Gatewood and Nix were against the second stringers, so as you say hard to qualify anything of what we saw.  I do think Gus needs to pick a QB and roll with it.

Was quite impressed with the WR core.  Seth Williams continued to look good from last year and Mathew Hill looked to be a great position receiver, coming back for balls.

He will....5 minutes before kick off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 01:11:08 PM »
Good analysis Counselor.

My only disagreement would be Willis, he just doesn't look like anything special to me.  I thought Gatewood looked to be handling things well and appeared to be the best of the bunch.  Of course, Willis was going against the first team defense and Gatewood and Nix were against the second stringers, so as you say hard to qualify anything of what we saw.  I do think Gus needs to pick a QB and roll with it.

Willis=no upside.
I would go with JG so that the runs will get you another yard or so after contact. Willis cannot pass at an SEC level and he gets arm tackled way too easy.

Nix won't be ready for a year or so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 02:18:20 PM »
I think we all know what to expect in Dallas...

Starter will be announced at game time.  It will be Gatewood.  Nix will come in on the 2nd play from scrimmage, and then Willis on 3rd and 12.  Willis will be sacked for a 10 yard loss on a double reverse pass attempt.
I'm just torn between Malik Miller and the freshman TE as to who will enter to run the twirlybird in the 2nd quarter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 02:20:59 PM »
I think we all know what to expect in Dallas...

Starter will be announced at game time.  It will be Gatewood.  Nix will come in on the 2nd play from scrimmage, and then Willis on 3rd and 12.  Willis will be sacked for a 10 yard loss on a double reverse pass attempt.
I'm just torn between Malik Miller and the freshman TE as to who will enter to run the twirlybird in the 2nd quarter.
^^Knows the format^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 02:25:10 PM »
Buzz is Chopper?
Maybe 2.0 but not X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »
BuzzXR?
Can you come help me move this couch?  There's a Big Mac in it for ya
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 03:50:52 PM »
Can you come help me move this couch?  There's a Big Mac in it for ya
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »
Hey big man, let me hold a dollar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 08:44:41 PM »
Buzz is Chopper?
And Christy is the bimbo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 08:50:58 PM »
Hey big man, let me hold a dollar.

Holy shit is that show still on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 03:08:50 PM »
And Christy is the bimbo!
:brilliant:for that blast from the past. Haven't thought about that movie in a long time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg