Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Richardson coming home

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Richardson coming home
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 01:39:33 AM »
Rws doesn’t go to his own teams game. Sure as hell isnt going to another teams.

Weldome back rws.
I went this season.  Sorry to take that away from you.

Wes - my bad.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 10:22:54 AM »
I went this season.  Sorry to take that away from you.

Wes - my bad. 
But. 
Was it at bds?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
My prediction is the AAF won't survive beyond the end of this season, end of next at the max.  

Whether it's coaching, players, team nicknames, uniforms or whatever the football being played is numbingly boring.  Everything about the league right now screams low rent. 

Week 4 total attendance for all games combined was less than an average spring football game at Auburn. Total league attendance was under 40,000 for the week.   Only about 5,000 turned up to see the Birmingham Ooze fall to the San FranDieTonio Commodes 12-11.  That's right, 12-11.   Other games around the league ended with scores of 20-11, 14-11 and 23-26.  Those aren't football scores. 

'Superstar' T-Rent Poorardson had a paltry 15 yards in the (lack of) effort.  He's far from the only non-dynamic player on rosters across the league, but he's the most worthlessly hyped around here.  Quick. Name one single other player in the entire league.  Just one.  We know there are some AU players on the Birmingham Melt, but who are they?  

It's an abysmal, unwatchable brand of football.  Unless whoever is running this league makes some wholesale changes -- and quick -- this is a dead enterprise.  

Let's start with simple things like team names, uniforms and colors.  Simple merchandising could help. 

Birmingham's logo is utterly uninspiring.  Who would want that ugly thing on a shirt, jacket or other gear?  The drab black/white uniform combo is even worse.  Bolts, Fire, Stallions, Americans... all better visualized than this dull set.  

The rest of the league is just as bad.  The Fleet?  The Commanders?  The Legends?  The Hotshots?  What is this some suppositories and then a list of bad 9-10 year old Dixie League softball teams?   The names are bad, the color schemes and uniforms are atrocious.  You can't build a brand with ugly merchandise that no one is going to want to buy.  

Every single thing about this league is done wrong and I don't see any way it can recover now short of scrapping it all and rebooting next year.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2019, 11:55:08 AM »
Every single thing about this league is done wrong and I don't see any way it can recover now short of scrapping it all and rebooting next year. 
I would not say EVERY single thing.

This league has the same problem that the XFL had, they do not have the talent yet.
Can they stick around long enough for the NFL guys on the edge come to play in this league? That will be the difference. If the talent comes, the people will watch.

Right now, you got WRs getting hit in the head with the football. Rarely do you see that happen in the NFL, or even the CFL. If the league can hang on long enough to get the talent, it can survive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2019, 02:07:26 PM »
I would not say EVERY single thing.

This league has the same problem that the XFL had, they do not have the talent yet.
Can they stick around long enough for the NFL guys on the edge come to play in this league? That will be the difference. If the talent comes, the people will watch.

Right now, you got WRs getting hit in the head with the football. Rarely do you see that happen in the NFL, or even the CFL. If the league can hang on long enough to get the talent, it can survive.
True but it's a chicken egg thing, If no ones watching the league isn't making money to survive.

Honestly, I think you need a hook of some sort like the XFL did, otherwise who wants to watch semi-pro crappy football?  No one... by the numbers apparently.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:37:42 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2019, 02:10:41 PM »
My only other thought to get attendance would be to get Players for the team that were drawn from the surrounding college football teams.  So Birmingham would go after guys from FUGA, Auburn, UAB, bammer, LSU, Kentucky and try to draw fans from the college ranks that want to see the guys they loved in college play football in their market area.

I still don't know that anyone wants to watch second rate football. Personally, I'd rather watch the Bud Light vs Budweiser cans play each other.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:14:30 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
True but it's a chicken egg thing, If no ones watching the league isn't making money to survive.

That is why I said "if they can hang on til they get better talent".

If they can get the good players (that just barely missed the NFL) from the local college teams to participate, then it might create more interests. Right now they have a lot of guys you never heard of. Where else can a guy make 80k a year right out of college? Somebody like Golson would have been a candidate.
Btu many of these guys, if they don't make the NFL, they start careers. There's not usually a market for football that pays near 80k.

And I would rather see Pettway than Richardson's washed up ass. (Even Jovon Robinson. Where is he now?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2019, 03:29:38 PM »
My only other thought to get attendance would be to get Players for the team that were drawn from the surrounding college football teams.  So Birmingham would go after guys from FUGA, Auburn, UAB, bammer, LSU, Kentucky and try to draw fans from the college ranks that want to see the guys they loved in college play football in their market area.

I still don't know that anyone wants to watch second rate football. Personally, I'd rather watch the Bud Light vs Budweiser cans play each other.
RIP Bud Bowl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2019, 03:34:23 PM »
That is why I said "if they can hang on til they get better talent".

If they can get the good players (that just barely missed the NFL) from the local college teams to participate, then it might create more interests. Right now they have a lot of guys you never heard of. Where else can a guy make 80k a year right out of college? Somebody like Golson would have been a candidate.
Btu many of these guys, if they don't make the NFL, they start careers. There's not usually a market for football that pays near 80k.

And I would rather see Pettway than Richardson's washed up ass. (Even Jovon Robinson. Where is he now?)
What MIGHT work would be if you brokered a deal with the NFL and moved some of the AAFL teams around.  Find areas that are without a pro football team and then tie that team to the surrounding franchises.  Then each team expands its scout team roster from 10 to 15.  Take the 32 NFL teams and divide it up so each AAFL team draws from four scout team squads.  That's 60 players to work with.  Each team can "protect" up to two players.  You still have a 52-man roster.  

A team from Alabama gets the scout team players from the Saints, Falcons, Titans, Panthers.

Stick a team in Florida that gets players from the Jags, Bucs, Dolphins and maybe hated Pats. 
Put one in Utah that gets players from the Rams, 49ers,  Raiders, Chargers. 
One in Oklahoma with the Cowboys, Texans, Broncos and Cardinals. 
One in Virginia that takes from the Eagles, Skins, Steelers and Bengals. 
One in St. Louis that gets the Colts, Bears, Vikings and Packers.
One in Jersey that takes from the Giants, Jets, Bills and Ravens
One somewhere else, I don't care, that gets the Lions, Browns, Seahawks,Chiefs

You get the gist. 

As much as I loathe AJ McCarron he'd be better off playing for the Utah Bundys than he is with his thumb up his butt on the Raider sideline.  I'd rather see Stidham quarterbacking the Virginia Slims than loitering around as a backup with the Eagles. 

Let each team contribute a coach to the staff.  Like a guy who is the RB coach but has aspirations to be an OC. 

If I'm an NFL owner?  Getting the opportunity to see players who are on the fringe, see if they're hungry enough, physical enough...  Get a chance to see some of the younger coaches try to make a name.  I guarantee you the offenses would be more dynamic if you had people trying to prove themselves. 

Why aren't I in charge of this thing?  I could make it work.  Somebody give Roger my number. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2019, 04:04:18 PM »
NFL has kneelers. I'm out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
NFL has kneelers. I'm out.
So does the SEC.  

Old piss basketball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »
So does the SEC. 

Old piss basketball.
Different scenario and doesn’t seem to be ongoing over a nonexistent issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2019, 11:59:22 PM »
Less than three hours after my post about using NFL scout team members, this article appeared on USAToday.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/03/06/aaf-nfl-informal-talks-loaning-younger-players/3085167002/

The idea would be for NFL teams to assign their No. 3 quarterback and other players from the bottom half of their roster and developmental squads to gain more playing time under quality coaches. The AAF has several proven name coaches, including Steve Spurrier, Mike Singletary, Rick Neuheisel and Mike Martz.

This would be similar to young major league baseball players going down to a Class AAA affiliate to gain a few more at-bats.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2019, 06:09:06 PM »
The Birmingham Aluminum Foils were shredded by the Orlando Spurriers 31-14 today.  

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/03/iron-falls-to-steve-spurrier-and-orlando-apollos-suffers-2nd-straight-loss.html

No mention in the al.com article about T-Rent Poorardson.  Not sure why they didn't highlight his eye-popping 21 yards on eight carries.  

And yes, if you give me the ball eight times I can get 21 yards.  I'm convinced of that now.  You could take the handoff, look straight at the ground and manage that much even as slow as I am.  

Attendance was announced as 13,310.  Of that, 13,280 were Bama fans there to boo Steve Spurrier. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »
My prediction is the AAF won't survive beyond the end of this season, end of next at the max. 

It's an abysmal, unwatchable brand of football.  Unless whoever is running this league makes some wholesale changes -- and quick -- this is a dead enterprise. 

Winner ^^ 
they officially done for the season 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »
Winner ^^
they officially done for the season
Who's done?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2019, 03:58:46 PM »
Who's done?
Spurrier said he wants his trophy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »
Spurrier said he wants his trophy.
I thought Spurrier was done when he left the Gamecocks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2019, 08:09:19 PM »
Make no mistake, it was bad football bordering on — no, squatting squarely in the realm of — unwatchable.  

I tried a few times.  I even watched some of the Bolts, errrr Barons... errr Steel Panthers game Sunday to unwind from the Kentucky game.  It was a putrid brand of football. 

All that said, I didn’t necessarily want it to die.  It just did so much wrong I didn’t see how it could last.  

I hope Vince McMahon was watching.  If you’re going to do this it has to be FUN. Nothing about the AAF was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions