Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fear of a Black Cam

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Fear of a Black Cam
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »

It's too bad they don't make band-aids for feelings.

I'll let you tell Charles that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 12:40:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
I get so damn sick of these companies using my image from the neck down for their personal gain.  I may sue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
RIF!!!!!  How many times does it have to be said that celebrations are fine?  Part of the game. Part of the NFL.  Part of professional sports.  Nobody is going after these guys for doing their thing.  IT'S THE NORM.  Got it?

But entire teams, not just the Saints, are taking exception enough to his "2 second" celebration to take it to brawl level. Nobody's going after these other guys.  They are going after Cam.  Why is that?  You can't explain it away by saying they acted unprofessionally.  Get real.  A bunch of testosterone filled beasts that bang heads for a living?  The whole profession is all about machismo.  I'll take the word of an Auburn man who was one of the best professional athletes of our time.  When it gets to the point of rubbing it in their faces.... I think he recognizes that far better than anyone on this board. 

2 second celebration?  You serious, Clark?   
How many seconds was Cam celebrating before the Saints lost their shit on him? More than two? To put his fists together on his chest and pull them apart? Are YOU serious?

And you're saying I'm not reading what you're saying, but you're telling me everyone else in the league is allowed to celebrate BUT Cam, because he, and only he, is "rubbing it in". Yet you can't explain why only he is should not be allowed to do this, or how the fuck any dance in any of those compilation videos is any less "rubbing it in" than the little Superman thing or the dab. You're not even trying really, you're flatly saying he should follow different rules than everyone else in the NFL.

Because the Saints got butthurt over it? Seriously? First of all, like it was warranted, and second of all like that's the only time an NFL team ever got butthurt by the actions of another? GTFOH with that utter nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:17:24 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »
"Rub it in, rub it in. Rub it in, rub it in.
I feel the tingle begin; You're gettin' under my skin
Rub it in, rub it in."

Billlllllly.......Crash Graddick! For your ride home, the hits keep coming on your hot country station. WPKL, the Pickle. The year is 1982, the time is 5:07 in the PM and I am the Hit Dr.! I got a prescription here for you. Happy Friday everybody!

Now, here's a little Possum to kick off the weekend! The race is on!

Let 'er go boys!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »
No...you please to be GTFOH.  Okay, I know I'm computerly impaired....retarded even. I know how to copypasta and that's about the extent of my skillz.  But a quick search of the googled chromes just punching in "Cam dancing" gives you page after page of articles and discussion.  Just a few quotes below.

Now, before you pick these apart concerning what they're about, pro or con, biased, reliable, unreliable...whatever...I don't post these for any reasons other than to show that this isn't "grandpa" saying get the fuck off my lawn.  I'm saying Get the fawck outta heya. Srsly, it seems to be cut and dried with you.  He's not doing anything more than anyone else.  There's been an ongoing national debate in the sports world over this issue.  It's not cut and dried. It's not just a 2 second move.  (I'm not referring to the Saints game)  Let's just say that there's more than a few people who see it as over the top and excessive.   

Thebiglead.com

Cam Newton did what can only be described as an elaborate and involved touchdown celebration after scoring late to put the Panthers up 27-10. It lasted over 9 seconds, and the Titans defensive players had enough. Then, Cam added a little more after the exchange.
If this were baseball, with this kind of unwritten rules violation, Cam could expect a fastball under the chin the next time up.

usatoday.com

I don’t know when we stopped being able to dislike an athlete for irrational reasons, but I do know that if you’re going to dislike one, hating on Cam Newton because he does a 12-second touchdown celebration is a perfectly sane excuse. Look at Cam, after one of his two 40+ yard touchdown passes got his undefeated Carolina Panthers out to an early lead over the Atlanta Falcons.
I wish this clip showed more. He goes on for so long and leaves so much open to interpretation that you’d think you were watching a Terrence Malick movie.

Saturdaydownsouth

His touchdown celebration became a hot topic on several programs around the country, and a national debate ensued over its excessiveness, a topic also  covered by ESPN’s “First Take.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
No...you please to be GTFOH.  Okay, I know I'm computerly impaired....retarded even. I know how to copypasta and that's about the extent of my skillz.  But a quick search of the googled chromes just punching in "Cam dancing" gives you page after page of articles and discussion.  Just a few quotes below.

Now, before you pick these apart concerning what they're about, pro or con, biased, reliable, unreliable...whatever...I don't post these for any reasons other than to show that this isn't "grandpa" saying get the fuck off my lawn.  I'm saying Get the fawck outta heya. Srsly, it seems to be cut and dried with you.  He's not doing anything more than anyone else.  There's been an ongoing national debate in the sports world over this issue.  It's not cut and dried. It's not just a 2 second move.  (I'm not referring to the Saints game)  Let's just say that there's more than a few people who see it as over the top and excessive.   

Thebiglead.com

Cam Newton did what can only be described as an elaborate and involved touchdown celebration after scoring late to put the Panthers up 27-10. It lasted over 9 seconds, and the Titans defensive players had enough. Then, Cam added a little more after the exchange.
If this were baseball, with this kind of unwritten rules violation, Cam could expect a fastball under the chin the next time up.

usatoday.com

I don’t know when we stopped being able to dislike an athlete for irrational reasons, but I do know that if you’re going to dislike one, hating on Cam Newton because he does a 12-second touchdown celebration is a perfectly sane excuse. Look at Cam, after one of his two 40+ yard touchdown passes got his undefeated Carolina Panthers out to an early lead over the Atlanta Falcons.
I wish this clip showed more. He goes on for so long and leaves so much open to interpretation that you’d think you were watching a Terrence Malick movie.

Saturdaydownsouth

His touchdown celebration became a hot topic on several programs around the country, and a national debate ensued over its excessiveness, a topic also  covered by ESPN’s “First Take.”
Other people irrationally hate Cam (and even say so explicitly in their criticism) therefore it's justified and rational. Ok…

So there are a couple documented instances where his celebrations exceeded a few seconds. Again, are you telling me he's the only one who does this, or the only one who shouldn't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »
No he's not the only one doing it, it's just the fact that he does it so much.  Not Cam's fault they can't keep him from scoring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 01:45:39 PM »
No he's not the only one doing it, it's just the fact that he does it so much.  Not Cam's fault they can't keep him from scoring.

The Spurrier philosophy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »
Other people irrationally hate Cam (and even say so explicitly in their criticism) therefore it's justified and rational. Ok…

So there are a couple documented instances where his celebrations exceeded a few seconds. Again, are you telling me he's the only one who does this, or the only one who shouldn't?

Again, I only posted these randomly selected quotes from random pieces to point out that there has in fact been a national debate involving people who see his actions differently than you. I've always thought what he does is way more than the norm.  There are many who feel the same way, hence the terms "excessiveness" and "elaborate".  I've always understood why opponents got pissed off, hence the phrase "fastball under the chin" and Sir Charles saying he'd "Take him out".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 02:06:57 PM »
Again, I only posted these randomly selected quotes from random pieces to point out that there has in fact been a national debate involving people who see his actions differently than you. I've always thought what he does is way more than the norm.  There are many who feel the same way, hence the terms "excessiveness" and "elaborate".  I've always understood why opponents got pissed off, hence the phrase "fastball under the chin" and Sir Charles saying he'd "Take him out".
A lot of people think Auburn paid him $180,000 too. Doesn't mean they're right or justified.

I'm not denying there are fuckholes who hate him. I am denying that there is any grounds for their hatred. I am denying that what he does is any different than what 90% of the league does. It's just that he does it with that damned fake smile of his, dagnabbit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »
A lot of people think Auburn paid him $180,000 too. Doesn't mean they're right or justified.

I'm not denying there are fuckholes who hate him. I am denying that there is any grounds for their hatred. I am denying that what he does is any different than what 90% of the league does. It's just that he does it with that damned fake smile of his, dagnabbit...

Fuckin A, Cotton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »
I'm sorry.  Did you say you wanted a link?  Here's something better.  Your Saints...you know...not old men...his peers...trying to beat his ass.  While you watch this one, I'll go see if I can find the video of the Titans trying to take him out. 

You guys are losing your touch, girls I'd like to fuck:  the woman in the video above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »

You're right and everyone else is a hatin' fuckhole?  Wrong!  It's THE hottest topic going right now heading into Super Bowl week. These guys aren't fuckholes or haters.  They're his peers and they're giving an honest opinion.  But not one says they hate Cam.  Some are okay with what he does while others are not. 

New York Post

The debate over Cam Newton’s dancing celebrations isn’t going away.

The latest criticism of the Panthers star came from a peer and a former peer in the wake of Newton telling reporters he is unruffled by the continuing blowback about his on-field antics.

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall and former Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher both weighed in against Newton’s dancing in interviews this week, with Marshall saying quarterbacks should be providing quiet leadership instead.

“Listen, I don’t want my quarterback dancing,” Marshall said Wednesday on “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore” on Comedy Central. “I’m from the old school. I want my quarterback to get back in the huddle and lead us.

“But what we have to understand is, this is the new generation,” Marshall added. “This is what they’re doing next. They’re disruptive. They’re disrespectful. They don’t give a damn about anyone. And I kind of like it. I kind of like it.

“You’ve got to look at it, Odell Beckham Jr., and then you have Cam Newton, who I think is leading the way. Go back to when [Newton] was a rookie and he said, ‘Listen, I want to be an icon.’ If you want to be an icon, you can’t stay in the box. You have to get out of the box. You have to be disruptive.”

The topic of Newton’s celebrations already has become one of the most prominent storylines of Super Bowl 50, even though the Panthers and Broncos don’t leave for Santa Clara, Calif., until Sunday.

Urlacher, who retired in 2013 after 13 seasons with Chicago that included four first-team All-Pro nods, told USA Today he prefers the quiet celebrations of Newton’s Super Bowl quarterback counterpart instead.

“I played defense, so I don’t like when guys celebrate with dances and stuff,” Urlacher told the newspaper. “You know who I like the way he celebrates is Peyton [Manning]. He kind of gives the guy a handshake and goes back to the sidelines. I think that’s a great celebration right there.

“You don’t see him dancing,” Urlacher added. “You don’t see him doing all of that stuff. Even when he gets a first down, he doesn’t do anything.”

Even a word in defense of Newton’s antics from a former NFL great was relatively mild.

Former Super Bowl MVP Doug Williams told USA Today he isn’t going to begrudge Newton “having fun.”

“Let’s be real: This kid has had an unbelievable year,” Williams told the paper. “He has his own personality. … I don’t see anything arrogant about Cam Newton. And I think a lot of people would agree with that. The kid is having fun. Ain’t nothing wrong with having fun.

“The team loves him, the fans love him and the city loves him. At the end of the day, for Cam Newton, that’s the most important thing to him.”

Newton said Wednesday he thinks the criticism of him is fueled by the fact he is black. Williams, who was the first black quarterback to start a Super Bowl, tacitly agreed.

“I think Cam is mature enough, he knows what he’s up against,” Williams said. “He knows what he has to deal with. And he’s got a daddy, he’s got grandparents, he’s got older people who’ve lived in this world long enough to understand why a lot of things happen to certain people. He’s got a right to understand that [race] could be one of the problems.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »
 :pb: :taz: :dance2: :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall and former Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher both weighed in against Newton’s dancing in interviews this week, with Marshall saying quarterbacks should be providing quiet leadership instead.

<snicker> 

Quiet leadership......from their sofa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »
It appears we're at an impasse.

Your point is that a lot of people say he "goes too far" or takes it to an extreme that others don't. I say he doesn't. I say those people are holding him to a different standard than that which they hold most of the league up to. I'm saying that everyone loves Victor Cruz's cha-cha or Jimmy Graham's dunking on the goal post, but hates Cam's Superman thing. I'm saying it's  a double-standard, and it's irrational.

You disagree and think what he does is worse than everyone else in the league who does the same shit. It's irrational. Without rationality. You can't rationalize it. But send me some more examples of other people who share your irrational opinion as a rationalization.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:25:42 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »
it's almost like a monkey fucking a football.

Go Seahawks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2016, 03:20:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
It appears we're at an impasse.

Your point is that a lot of people say he "goes too far" or takes it to an extreme that others don't. I say he doesn't. I say those people are holding him to a different standard than that which they hold most of the league up to. I'm saying that everyone loves Victor Cruz's cha-cha, but hates Cam's Superman thing. I'm saying it's  a double-standard, and it's irrational.

You disagree and think what he does is worse than everyone else in the league who does the same shit. It's irrational. Without rationality. You can't rationalize it. But send me some more examples of other people who share your irrational opinion as a rationalization.

That's totally irrational.  Not sure which part.  But I'm claiming it.  Okay, let me ask a skrate up question. First, I understand your take as well.  You don't see his form of celebration as anything outside the lines or different from what any other NFL star is doing or has done.  But this is an issue that Cam is still answering questions about and as you can see, it's become maybe the biggest topic of discussion right now as we head into SB week.

If what Cam does is no different than what anyone else does in the league, why is he being singled out?  Why is there a double standard where Cam is concerned?

If the answer is it's SB time and the media needs to talk about anything they can dream up, I'd have to disqualify that because this debate dates back farther than this year alone.  If it's just a hate of all things Cam, I wouldn't agree with that either because I personally love the guy and as you saw with Marshall's and Earlicker's responses, they don't hate Cam, just the antics.  Race?  I find that excuse offensive because:

A. I was really hoping we'd finally progressed to the point where true racism played no part in the NFL or all sports for that matter.

2.  I'd venture a guess that the majority of crazy/cool "celebrations" in the NFL are done by people of the colors.

Seriously asking.  Why is the debate focused on Newton and not the others?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions