Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fear of a Black Cam

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Fear of a Black Cam
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »
'at Peyton Mannin' is a straight up thug PAAAAAAWWWL.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2016, 04:48:54 PM »
But only celebrations that you approve of, apparently.
For real...this is literally the argument. I keep waiting for anything rational from Snags that justifies this, but he keeps saying celebrations are perfectly fine for everyone EXCEPT FOR CAM.

Am I misrepresenting your argument? If so, please explain. With actual rationalizations, not with with other people saying they too are butthurt by Cam's actions over everyone else's. I want to know WHY.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Know how to keep the next pitch from being a 95 m.p.h. fastball right at your head????

Don't rub it in.  Problem solved.

I thought we were talking about football?

If guys like Avery Williamson take offense to his antics, then nut up and stuff his ass, make him go three and out. 

Right now Cam is the best thing the NFL has had going for it in years.  Love him or hate him, he is putting asses in seats and getting the ratings up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
Damn! Snags getting dat ass whipped on from all directions!

But mostly, AUChizad. Sad to see him go out as a poster this way. He should've retired a long time ago and gone out while he was mediocre.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2016, 05:25:51 PM »
Calling Mrs Snaggle. Somehow Snagglepuss has stolen back his balls. We need you to retrieve them and put them back in your purse ASAP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »
For real...this is literally the argument. I keep waiting for anything rational from Snags that justifies this, but he keeps saying celebrations are perfectly fine for everyone EXCEPT FOR CAM.

Am I misrepresenting your argument? If so, please explain. With actual rationalizations, not with with other people saying they too are butthurt by Cam's actions over everyone else's. I want to know WHY.

You are absolutely misrepresenting my argument.  Never once even alluded to taking the position that celebrations are okay for everyone but Cam.  How could you possibly derive that from anything I've said?  The debate and the claims from those in the sports media...those who currently play and coach the game....those who have retired from the game...and an Auburn basketball Hall of Famer to boot...is over whether Cam takes what he does well past the celebrations that are, and have been (spiking the ball) the norm in the NFL.  Does he take it to the point of rubbing it in or just plain being disrespectful.  Outside the unwritten code.

As for "fuck the code" and don't be such a pussy. Laughable!  That code has been in the NFL and MLB and the NBA and/or any professional sport forever.  You can't say fuck it.  It's not going away.  If you go to someone else's house and do what they deem to be taking it outside the lines...taking it to the point of rubbing it in...(BTW, that's the words of the men who coach and play the game, not mine) they're not going to stand there and say "Gee, we really should do a better job of stopping him next time".  The fastball to the head analogy stands.  You disrespect me, I'm going to knock your ass down.

That's why the Saints players went after him.  That's why the Titans players went after him.  That's why the Titans coach said what he said.  That's why Charles Barkley said what he said.  Those are the people actually in the game and that's what THEY perceived was happening.  Doesn't matter one bit that anyone here thinks they were just butthurt.  That absolutely is the code in professional sports.  Is that rational enough?

Whether you agree or disagree, I happen to be in the camp that thinks he does take it too far.  Said so last year. Said it from the start of this thread.  I've face palmed 100 times while watching him and yes, I have absolutely thought that if he'd finished his college career in a Florida jersey, I'd be pulling for someone to knock his dick in the dirt. You guys are okay with it. I wish he would take it down from 11 to a 7. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »
And one other point regarding "outside the lines" or code.  It's different for each sport. If you get your ass dunked on, you just have to realize there's going to be some chest thumping, glaring and woofing.  You chest thump and woof in the direction of an opposing player in MLB....fastball to the dome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2016, 05:37:20 PM »
You are absolutely misrepresenting my argument.  Never once even alluded to taking the position that celebrations are okay for everyone but Cam.  How could you possibly derive that from anything I've said?  The debate and the claims from those in the sports media...those who currently play and coach the game....those who have retired from the game...and an Auburn basketball Hall of Famer to boot...is over whether Cam takes what he does well past the celebrations that are, and have been (spiking the ball) the norm in the NFL.  Does he take it to the point of rubbing it in or just plain being disrespectful.  Outside the unwritten code.

As for "fuck the code" and don't be such a pussy. Laughable!  That code has been in the NFL and MLB and the NBA and/or any professional sport forever.  You can't say fuck it.  It's not going away.  If you go to someone else's house and do what they deem to be taking it outside the lines...taking it to the point of rubbing it in...(BTW, that's the words of the men who coach and play the game, not mine) they're not going to stand there and say "Gee, we really should do a better job of stopping him next time".  The fastball to the head analogy stands.  You disrespect me, I'm going to knock your ass down.

That's why the Saints players went after him.  That's why the Titans players went after him.  That's why the Titans coach said what he said.  That's why Charles Barkley said what he said.  Those are the people actually in the game and that's what THEY perceived was happening.  Doesn't matter one bit that anyone here thinks they were just butthurt.  That absolutely is the code in professional sports.  Is that rational enough?

Whether you agree or disagree, I happen to be in the camp that thinks he does take it too far.  Said so last year. Said it from the start of this thread.  I've face palmed 100 times while watching him and yes, I have absolutely thought that if he'd finished his college career in a Florida jersey, I'd be pulling for someone to knock his dick in the dirt. You guys are okay with it. I wish he would take it down from 11 to a 7.
Why...is...it...different...

WHY is it disrespectful. WHY is the Superman motion the equivalent of telling defenses "FUCK YOU IN YOUR MOTHER'S mommy part", but spiking a football in their face is just chumming around?

And don't fucking tell me because other people said it is. That's not an answer even though you've given it 800 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2016, 06:03:58 PM »
It's because he's black. 

Racists.

Or because he smiles.  That's the honest and only difference between what he does and what ofhers are doing. The expression on his face.   

That nasty ewok fuck who plays for the saints? When he does his (excessively lengthy) celebrations the look on his face is that of a constipated fat child straining to squeeze a bubble turd out of his swollen ass. 

Cam?  His billion dollar smile says "I'm better than you."   

That's all there is to it really.  That's the reason. His beautiful face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »
It's because it's genuine. Cam is sincerely enjoying himself on the football field. A lot of guys are showboating because they're prideful and looking for paychecks.

This is Cam's field:

This is everybody else's:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »
A football spike in College football? Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Superman pose in College football? Nothing, no penalty.

#MicDrop
#KnowledgeBomb
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2016, 06:23:37 PM »
Why...is...it...different...

WHY is it disrespectful. WHY is the Superman motion the equivalent of telling defenses "FUCK YOU IN YOUR MOTHER'S mommy part", but spiking a football in their face is just chumming around?

And don't fucking tell me because other people said it is. That's not an answer even though you've given it 800 times.

Holy damn.  Read.  Please!.  I've said 800 times. I DON'T LIKE IT.  I THINK WHAT HE DOES IS OVER THE TOP.  EXCESSIVE.  Why?  You describe what he does as a 2 second dab.  A quick Superman.  Go back and look at the Dallas video I posted.  He scored...got up...ran away from the pile...stanky legged...did some hold your nose swim move....dabbed...walked towards the camera....Supermanned...shook his fingers.  All that is after he gets up after every first down, runs out by himself and does his first down move 5 times on the drive.  I find that excessive. Personal preference.  Do you need more?  Does there have to be more?

And yes, I'm going to refer to something someone else said and ask you to address what you've avoided like the plague.  I've referred to what Charles Barkley said numerous times. Charles doesn't sugarcoat things.  Never has.  He didn't here either.  He said what Cam is doing is rubbing it in. He also said if he was playing against him, he'd take Cam out.  Charles isn't butthurt.  Charles has no axe to grind.  If anything, as an Auburn man, he'd back Cam.  He didn't.  And he's a former professional athlete and watches and commentates on sports for a living. So...

Why are you right and Charles is wrong?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »
It's because he's black. 

Racists.

Or because he smiles.  That's the honest and only difference between what he does and what ofhers are doing. The expression on his face.   

That nasty ewok fuck who plays for the saints? When he does his (excessively lengthy) celebrations the look on his face is that of a constipated fat child straining to squeeze a bubble turd out of his swollen ass. 

Cam?  His billion dollar smile says "I'm better than you."   

That's all there is to it really.  That's the reason. His beautiful face.
Honestly I think it's all the above.

I think different people hate him for different reasons.

If I had to rank them in order of most likely and most common reasons it would be:
1a) Frequency with which he has opportunities to celebrate
1b) K's "camera always on him" explanation. Sort of ties into 1a, but is kind of its own explanation
2) His smile is perceived as smug, when we know it's genuine
3) A distant third, but racists. I don't think it's why MOST people take issue with him, but certainly you can't deny that it's a reason SOME people do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
Why are you right and Charles is wrong?
Because what Cam does is not unique. 90% of the NFL celebrates AT LEAST as elaborately, and usually without a smile on their face. He's wrong if he says Cam is somehow worse. Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2016, 06:30:51 PM »
Honestly I think it's all the above.

I think different people hate him for different reasons.

If I had to rank them in order of most likely and most common reasons it would be:
1a) Frequency with which he has opportunities to celebrate
1b) K's "camera always on him" explanation. Sort of ties into 1a, but is kind of its own explanation
2) His smile is perceived as smug, when we know it's genuine
3) A distant third, but racists. I don't think it's why MOST people take issue with him, but certainly you can't deny that it's a reason SOME people do.
4) Inbred, retarded bammers being inbred and retarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2016, 06:43:08 PM »
Because what Cam does is not unique. 90% of the NFL celebrates AT LEAST as elaborately, and usually without a smile on their face. He's wrong if he says Cam is somehow worse. Sorry.

Well therein lies the problem.  A pro sports Hall of Famer.  An Auburn man.  A guy who is not butthurt over anything Cam did.  A guy with no axe to grind.  A guy who commentates on pro sports for a living...says he does.  And says the "code" would be invoked...

You?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »
Well therein lies the problem.  A pro sports Hall of Famer.  An Auburn man.  A guy who is not butthurt over anything Cam did.  A guy with no axe to grind.  A guy who commentates on pro sports for a living...says he does.  And says the "code" would be invoked...

You?
1a. 1b.

I can't read his mind, but I suspect for you and him both, it's partly that and partly a sense of "keeping our house in order first" since he's "one of ours".

BTW, I should have put a reason between 2 & 3: People dead nuts convinced he got away with cheating at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »
1a. 1b.

I can't read his mind, but I suspect for you and him both, it's partly that and partly a sense of "keeping our house in order first" since he's "one of ours".

BTW, I should have put a reason between 2 & 3: People dead nuts convinced he got away with cheating at Auburn.

Don't know what People dead nuts means.  I have no nuts.  I got that.  But dead nuts?  Anywayz.  I'm going to grill some steaks and get hammered.  Peace out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2016, 12:23:22 AM »
Don't know what People dead nuts means.  I have no nuts.  I got that.  But dead nuts?  Anywayz.  I'm going to grill some steaks and get hammered.  Peace out.

I cooked some burgers on the grill.  They were great.  I dabbed my ass off for 19 seconds because they were so good.  Then I had key lime pie.  I did the Watusi.  Later we went to the movies.  When I got my tickets I both whipped AND nae naed.  I electric slid to my seat.  It's how I flow. I celebrate the little things. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2016, 01:27:46 AM »
I cooked some burgers on the grill.  They were great.  I dabbed my ass off for 19 seconds because they were so good.  Then I had key lime pie.  I did the Watusi.  Later we went to the movies.  When I got my tickets I both whipped AND nae naed.  I electric slid to my seat.  It's how I flow. I celebrate the little things.

Turn down for WHAT?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions