Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fear of a Black Cam

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Fear of a Black Cam
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
In my mind, I was thinking the big deal was that he's the only QB that makes such a big production after he scores...but then I did a quick googled chrome search and found that I was wrong.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2016, 03:36:27 PM »
If what Cam does is no different than what anyone else does in the league, why is he being singled out?  Why is there a double standard where Cam is concerned?

Seriously asking.  Why is the debate focused on Newton and not the others?

Because he has been responsible for 45 TD's this year and no one else is close to that?  That's a lot of dabs, supermans and dances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
In my mind, I was thinking the big deal was that he's the only QB that makes such a big production after he scores...but then I did a quick googled chrome search and found that I was wrong.

Brady:  a spike. Woop!

Kraperdink:  Closest thing to Cam but still a fairly quick celebration

Johnny Fuckball:  Flash the money sign.  That's a celebration?

Johnny Rivers:  More exuberance after a TD than planned celebration in front of the crowd.

And I take back my comment in point number B above about people of the colors. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Brady:  a spike. Woop!

Kraperdink:  Closest thing to Cam but still a fairly quick celebration

Johnny Fuckball:  Flash the money sign.  That's a celebration?

Johnny Rivers:  More exuberance after a TD than planned celebration in front of the crowd.

And I take back my comment in point number B above about people of the colors.
A Spike is waaaaaaay worse than a dab or superman thing. How the fuck is it not? Seriously. Explain it to me. How is that sportsmanlike, but rubbing your hands across your chest and smiling not ok?

Amazing to me how you think all of that proves your point...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
A Spike is waaaaaaay worse than a dab or superman thing. How the fuck is it not? Seriously. Explain it to me. How is that sportsmanlike, but rubbing your hands across your chest and smiling not ok?

Amazing to me how you think all of that proves your point...

Let's see....because the spike has been a part of the sport for oh...I don't know...50-60 years?  But guess what?  There's no debate going on over the spike, or flashing the money sign, or jumping around excited about a TD.  Again, the question is why Cam is being singled out?  Why is there a double standard where Cam is concerned?  Because HE is the one STILL being asked the questions...and you say there is a double standard.  Why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2016, 03:56:38 PM »
Because he has been responsible for 45 TD's this year and no one else is close to that?  That's a lot of dabs, supermans and dances.
^^^
I seriously think this is it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »
^^^
I seriously think this is it.

Okay, fair enough. I'll take that.  I'm tired of talking about it anyway...

Enjoyed it. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2016, 04:05:46 PM »
Ok, the Saints were assholes. I'm not defending them for that. This isn't about defending the Saints, it's about defending Cam.

Why aren't we talking about Loftin? We think Cam was the problem and not Loftin in that video? Seriously? For coming up and shoving him for doing the little 2 second Superman celebration?

What did CAM do specifically, that in your mind warrented them starting the fight? Why is he the only player int he NFL not allowed to have a touchdown celebration move of any kind? The video also says quote:

You know what I saw in that video?  Guy shoved Cam, Cam threw a few words and every Panther on the field rushed to protect him.  To protect Cam.  They love him.  I don't care what the Saints (or Titans, Falcons, etc. think).  Fuck them all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »
Let's see....because the spike has been a part of the sport for oh...I don't know...50-60 years?  But guess what?  There's no debate going on over the spike, or flashing the money sign, or jumping around excited about a TD.  Again, the question is why Cam is being singled out?  Why is there a double standard where Cam is concerned?  Because HE is the one STILL being asked the questions...and you say there is a double standard.  Why?
We are totally talking in circles here. TD dances have been a part of NFL football for at least my whole life. "Spiking the football" as a phrase even has come to mean a form of celebration that is excessive and unnecessarily "rubbing it in". It's worse. It just is.

And you're ok with it for reasons you can't verbalize.

And you're ok with all the other QBs in those gifs celebrating. And this one:

and this one:

And that Tom Brady spike wasn't theatrical enough for you? What about this one:

And again, we're ONLY talking about QBs here, which is the closest we can come to a rational explanation. Open it up to every position and you'll get 100 gifs like this or worse every single Sunday.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:11:06 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2016, 04:11:05 PM »
we head into SB week. ..

If what Cam does is no different than what anyone else does in the league, why is he being singled out?  Why is there a double standard where Cam is concerned?

we head into SB week. ..

If the answer is it's SB time and the media needs to talk about anything they can dream up, I'd have to disqualify that because this debate dates back farther than this year alone.

The media loves to rehash a "controversy" when the players are relevant to the moment.

we head into SB week. ..

See also: Jetgate.

This certainly has something to do with it.

Let's see....because the spike has been a part of the sport for oh...I don't know...50-60 years?

No new celebrations.  Got it.  Puddin' before your Matlock re-runs, Gramps?

Again, the question is why Cam is being singled out?  Why is there a double standard where Cam is concerned?  Because HE is the one STILL being asked the questions...and you say there is a double standard.  Why?

we head into SB week. ..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2016, 04:13:23 PM »
I said I was out but I'ma do what I do best. Copypasta from an earlier post. Here goes:

RIF!!!!!  How many times does it have to be said that celebrations are fine?  Part of the game. Part of the NFL.  Part of professional sports.  Nobody is going after these guys for doing their thing.  IT'S THE NORM.  Got it?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
I said I was out but I'ma do what I do best. Copypasta from an earlier post. Here goes:

RIF!!!!!  How many times does it have to be said that celebrations are fine?  Part of the game. Part of the NFL.  Part of professional sports.  Nobody is going after these guys for doing their thing.  IT'S THE NORM.  Got it?

But only celebrations that you approve of, apparently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »

But entire teams, not just the Saints, are taking exception enough to his "2 second" celebration to take it to brawl level. Nobody's going after these other guys.  They are going after Cam.  Why is that?  You can't explain it away by saying they acted unprofessionally.  Get real.  A bunch of testosterone filled beasts that bang heads for a living?  The whole profession is all about machismo.  I'll take the word of an Auburn man who was one of the best professional athletes of our time.  When it gets to the point of rubbing it in their faces.... I think he recognizes that far better than anyone on this board. 

2 second celebration?  You serious, Clark?   

Take a breath.  Sit back and think about it a minute. 

Why are they "going after" Cam?  Because he's the best there is right now.  He's creating a narrative that says he may be the best the game has ever seen -- just as he promised.  He's making teams look stupid. He's running over them.  He's carving up their secondary. He's soaring above them.  He's not supposed to be that. He's not supposed to do that. And it pisses them off. 

The reason YOU'RE all upset about it is because the media shows his celebrations.  They might show a piece of everybody else's, but his are shown start to finish.   The cameras cut away to everything the man does.  Do they show you Rodgers or Brady or Manning waddling to the sidelines?  Do the cameras stay glued to them until they've taken a seat?  Nope.  But Cam -- because he's Cam -- gets scrutiny the entire game.  The Carolina defense is on the field and half the time the cameras are peeping in at him doing whatever he does when he doesn't have the ball.   He has a magnetism that makes it hard to look away.  His smile is infectious and something nobody else has.  Plus he's making a game that we've heard for years is this rugged chore look like a fun Sunday afternoon with friends.

He's a kid. Anything he does comes from that.

I was on the sidelines when Auburn played LSU in 2010.  I remember he got hit pretty hard at about the ten yard line and didn't get up.  Was face down on the turf.  Twitching.  I nearly got sick.  And then he bounced up, laughing.  He wasn't hurt.  He was just playing. Laying there laughing to himself over getting knocked down, I guess.  He's that goofy.  Let him be. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »

The media loves to rehash a "controversy" when the players are relevant to the moment.

See also: Jetgate.

This certainly has something to do with it.

No new celebrations.  Got it.  Puddin' before your Matlock re-runs, Gramps?

Little quote from The Tennessean on November 17, 2015.  Not Super Bowl Week

A day’s passing did little to change the irritation Titans interim coach Mike Mularkey felt following Cam Newton’s extended dance celebration on Sunday at Nissan Stadium.

The quarterback scored Carolina's final touchdown in its 27-10 win and then broke into a lengthy, animated dance in the end zone.

Titans linebacker Avery Williamson approached Newton and began talking to him. Teammate Wesley Woodyard followed. Several players were eventually separated by officials.

“I know Avery was frustrated by it, but I think there was a whole lot of people frustrated by it,” Mularkey said Monday. “It’s a little rubbing-it-in-your-face type of deal, which there’s a little code of ethics in the NFL. (It’s) not a good move.

“But I’m proud of (Williamson). I’m proud of what he did. He stood up for our team.”

Second, you young whippersnapper, who the fuck said anything about no new celebrations?  Chad made the determination on his own that spiking is far more an act of rubbing it in than the Superman.  Again, the debate is over Cam's antics.  Not spiking a football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »
Quote function ownage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
So all it took was one dance to exceed the unwritten excessive timed celebration rule. Now every time he dabs or does the Superman pose, it's "he's a thug, showboat, etc, etc, bad for the sport, etc, etc"

Cam will be dancing all the way to the NFL HoF...It's going to be glorious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2016, 04:26:37 PM »
Little quote from The Tennessean on November 17, 2015.  Not Super Bowl Week

A day’s passing did little to change the irritation Titans interim coach Mike Mularkey felt following Cam Newton’s extended dance celebration on Sunday at Nissan Stadium.

The quarterback scored Carolina's final touchdown in its 27-10 win and then broke into a lengthy, animated dance in the end zone.

Titans linebacker Avery Williamson approached Newton and began talking to him. Teammate Wesley Woodyard followed. Several players were eventually separated by officials.

“I know Avery was frustrated by it, but I think there was a whole lot of people frustrated by it,” Mularkey said Monday. “It’s a little rubbing-it-in-your-face type of deal, which there’s a little code of ethics in the NFL. (It’s) not a good move.

“But I’m proud of (Williamson). I’m proud of what he did. He stood up for our team.”

Fuck their "code."  Anything that's not a dirty play or in violation of the spirit of fair play is just window dressing.  Pussies and teams getting their asses handed to them get upset about window dressing.

Second, you young whippersnapper, who the fuck said anything about no new celebrations? 

Um:

A Spike is waaaaaaay worse than a dab or superman thing. How the fuck is it not? Seriously. Explain it to me.

Let's see....because the spike has been a part of the sport for oh...I don't know...50-60 years?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »

Perhaps they sell this in Tennessee.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:30 PM »
You know how you get Cam to stop celebrating and "rubbing it in"??????

Get your DC to figure out how to keep him from scoring.  Problem solved. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
You know how you get Cam to stop celebrating and "rubbing it in"??????

Get your DC to figure out how to keep him from scoring.  Problem solved.

Know how to keep the next pitch from being a 95 m.p.h. fastball right at your head????

Don't rub it in.  Problem solved.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions