Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fear of a Black Cam

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Fear of a Black Cam
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »
I think they got the headline they were looking for out of him.

He said himself "I think it's a trick question."

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Jesse Jackson victim card to me here.

He was basically asked "why does everyone hate you?" and the part of his long-winded answer that all these headlines are focusing on is:

"I'm an African-American quarterback that scares people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to", which he later elaborated on with "I don't think people have seen what I am or what I'm trying to do."

I think he's more saying that people try to categorize him, define him, and put him in a box as "a black quarterback". I think he's saying he's doing his own thing and wants to be defined as an individual.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »
He's the new Sheriff of Rock Ridge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »
The sheriff is near
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »
I hired you people to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
What did he expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple Bammers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new SEC West. You know... morons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 03:14:53 PM »
Tell me none of that is true.  I brought this up last year and the responses were laughable.  There's not a soul on here that can say with a straight face they'd be loving this guy had he not gone to Auburn and done what he did. 

We know who Cam is.  We know all the good things he's done and continues to do on and off the field.  We follow that and look into it because he's our guy.  We point and laugh at the "haters".  But name me another NFL player, NBA player, MLB player that has ever put on the "Look at me" show the way he does.  You can't.  You do that in MLB and the next pitch is coming straight at your head.  And that's exactly what one of our own was saying to Dan Patrick.  I love him but I'm taking him out.  You rub it in the way Cam does and I'm going to hurt you.
Say it baby, say it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
Say it baby, say it.
Cock of the Walk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »
What did he expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple Bammers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new SEC West. You know... morons.

"Sorry about the 'up yours black'."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 03:32:35 PM »
"Sorry about the 'up yours black'."

Of course, you'll have the good taste not to mention that I spoke to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 04:46:50 PM »
It's funny, you compare Cam to the "other" black showboats.

But Cam picks a theme and sticks with it. Nobody shit themselves when Cruz would so his samba dance after a TD.

Terrell and Ocho were always doing something different.

Cam does his dab or Superman.

The real problem here is that he has been able to do it around 45 times. That means he's doing it A LOT!

Maybe the other QB with the discount double check just did t get to do his as much...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2016, 05:04:05 PM »
What theme was this?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »
The biggest problem most people have with Cam and other athletes who like to show boat is, don't pout when it doesn't go your way.  I don't have a problem at all with celebrating and having a good time after big plays, it energizes your team and your fans.  When something isn't going your way though, don't act like a spoiled child and run away.  Take it the same as you give it. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:10:42 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »
Tiny willy haters, the lot of you!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Take it the same as you give it.
Up the ass? No way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »
What theme was this?

The "You Just Got F'd in the A"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »
What theme was this?

Pulp Fiction

Also, I'd still be pulling for Cam if he would've stayed at Florida...I remember him when he was at Westlake HS. I told Jumbo then, that Florida just signed another Tebow, except that he's a bigger and faster version.

I also love it when he celebrates scoring a TD and smiling at the camera as if he's saying, "Hey racists, in your fuckin face!!!!!"

Aaron Rodgers dances...no problem
Clay Mathews does a tribal dance thing...no problem
Rob Gronkowski dances...no problem
Cam Newton dances...OH MY GOD!!!! WHAT A CLASSLESS THUG (the word thug is starting to sound like a replacement for the N word)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:50 PM »

I also love it when he celebrates scoring a TD and smiling at the camera as if he's saying, "Hey racists, in your fuckin face!!!!!"

Cam Newton dances...OH MY GOD!!!! WHAT A CLASSLESS THUG (the word thug is starting to sound like a replacement for the N word)

The white guilt is strong with this one!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 10:46:54 PM »
The white guilt is strong with this one!
Guilt about what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 10:47:34 PM »
Pulp Fiction

Also, I'd still be pulling for Cam if he would've stayed at Florida...I remember him when he was at Westlake HS. I told Jumbo then, that Florida just signed another Tebow, except that he's a bigger and faster version.

Aaron Rodgers dances...no problem
Clay Mathews does a tribal dance thing...no problem
Rob Gronkowski dances...no problem

First off, take race out of it.  That has nothing to do with any of this.  Second, I don't think there's anyone on this board or anywhere in the freakin' country that has a problem with a dance or celebration.  The problem for me.....and I'm speaking just for myself...is that he's over the top. Waaayyy over the top with it.  Terrell Owens ran to the Cowboys logo and disrespected the Dallas stadium and fans.  One guy got pissed and confronted him.  Twice in the last year, Cam has set off entire teams to the point of end zone brawls.  Can you name any other time in NFL history when someone dancing or celebrating got the reaction Cam's gotten?

I heard more of Barkley's comments on Cam today.  In a nutshell (And I know nuts) he said Cam Newton needs to stop disrespecting other players and the game with his antics.  Look, I love the guy and what he did for AU.  Again, I'll be pulling for him next Sunday.  But after seeing him in person last year, I said openly on this board, the guy needs to tone it down about 15 notches.  It borders on embarrassing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2016, 11:25:29 PM »
First off, take race out of it.  That has nothing to do with any of this.  Second, I don't think there's anyone on this board or anywhere in the freakin' country that has a problem with a dance or celebration.  The problem for me.....and I'm speaking just for myself...is that he's over the top. Waaayyy over the top with it.  Terrell Owens ran to the Cowboys logo and disrespected the Dallas stadium and fans.  One guy got pissed and confronted him.  Twice in the last year, Cam has set off entire teams to the point of end zone brawls.  Can you name any other time in NFL history when someone dancing or celebrating got the reaction Cam's gotten?

I heard more of Barkley's comments on Cam today.  In a nutshell (And I know nuts) he said Cam Newton needs to stop disrespecting other players and the game with his antics.  Look, I love the guy and what he did for AU.  Again, I'll be pulling for him next Sunday.  But after seeing him in person last year, I said openly on this board, the guy needs to tone it down about 15 notches.  It borders on embarrassing.
I like it. I'm hoping he starts pulling out sharpies and signs footballs. Also, I liked it when Terrell Owens stomped on the Star, fuck the Cowboys.

I for one, apparently, hopes that he dances, dabs, Supermans and smiles all around the field after winning the Superbowl.

How dare he act like he enjoys scoring TDs and winning...he needs to grow up and stop enjoying the game like he's still in park ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions