Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's the Republican front runner...

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Here's the Republican front runner...
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2015, 05:49:04 PM »
No, it's not overboard. And don't call me Shirley.

Maybe Hillary can love the cop killer to death
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2015, 07:11:18 PM »
This is a total lie manufactured by the media.  The reason Obama got re-elected is that Mitt Romney was too moderate.  This led to most of the conservative base staying home.
This is a total lie manufactured by you. Or the media. But it's definitely patently false.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/karl-rove-the-myth-of-the-stay-at-home-republicans-1427930037
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »
I think we fucking need to get set back further than 200 years. Like maybe around the of the time of the Revolutionary War and knowing what we know now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2015, 05:04:37 AM »
When will we learn it is not a religion but a political ideology!

One that wants to overthrow our government.

Overthrow hell.

Submit or die. That is their mission.  And by submission, we must replace the Constitution with Sharia Law.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2015, 05:19:59 AM »
So, some of y'all are actually going to vote for him??? LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!!!!! That's sad.

What are the alternatives? 

Krampus the Bitch from Hell?

Communist Doc from Back to the Future?

The Frito Bandito?

Izzy from Miami Vice? 

Dr. Cosby?

This is the best America has to offer? 

All of them are better options than Imam Obama, but only because he actively wants to destroy this country.

But still?  How can anybody look at this cast of clowns and not be discouraged over the state of the nation and afraid for its future? 

There are no Reagans on the horizon.  And even if they were, the media would never let them become president. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2015, 05:26:06 AM »
I agree. And Trump will set it back 200.

There are a lot of things I didn't/don't like about Bush (primarily spending like crazy and expanding authoritarian federal programs like the Patriot Act), but I've always defended him against people saying he was a complete idiot and/or heartless monster.

Trump is literally every bad quality about Bush but in spades. He is the cartoon caricature of what people who hated Bush wanted him to be. He really is a belligerent cowboy. He really is inarticulate, brash, and pompous. And I'm sorry some of you seem to disagree, but he really is an idiot.

He is very clearly and simply a huckster. He is selling drunken burping and farting babbling nonsense to the lowest common denominator and I'm just honestly shocked at how many idiots are lapping it up. I knew there were a segment of idiots out there, but I didn't know it was enough to dominate the GOP primary. What serious policy is he endorsing? Puttin' up a wall to keep out the rapist Mexicans? Denying all Mooslims access to the country, and internment for those already here? Those are pretty much the only coherent policies he has endorsed and they're fucking retarded and impractical. Again, you can have serious discussions on sharply limiting Muslim, or even Mexican, immigration. On all the red flags our government should have taken more seriously. That is a world of difference from shredding the constitution and basically adding an amendment that says "Fuck brown people, kick em out."

You guys claim to be for small government, at least I thought. That's your main beef with Obama, right? It is mine. Has there literally ever been one thing he has ever said ever about the limits of goverment? I'm still waiting for him to say, just once, that the federal government should not be involved in some issue. Shit, even Bernie has done that from time to time.

Every day it's something new. This is from yesterday.

Inability to form complete sentences aside, he's basically advocating for an untouchable federal army. Obviously, cops getting killed is not a good thing. I'm not saying go soft on cop killers, but surely you see that this is going overboard.

It was bad when Obama was trying to federalize the police force:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/05/03/baltimore-federal-drugs-evidence-fbi-column/26830873/

Now it's ok for Trump to?

Japan blocks Muslim immigration in the name of preserving their culture.  They're aware that the Muslim's prime objective is to take over and make all submit.  They're not welcome in Japan and the Japanese government makes no bones about being anti-muslim. 

Don't see a problem with it. 

Every other culture that has made up the American melting pot over the centuries has assimilated.  Islam does not allow for that. WE must change. 

THEY must go. And not be allowed to enter.  He's right about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2015, 09:11:46 AM »
WE must change. 
I stand by silently and listen to many of your non-medicated rants and read some of your Ted Kaczynskiesque diatribes. But I won't sit idly and let you pick on WE!!!

He's different, sure. But what has he done to you? I see no need for him to change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
Japan blocks Muslim immigration in the name of preserving their culture.  They're aware that the Muslim's prime objective is to take over and make all submit.  They're not welcome in Japan and the Japanese government makes no bones about being anti-muslim. 

Every other culture that has made up the American melting pot over the centuries has assimilated.  Islam does not allow for that. WE must change. 

Since we would normally foot the bill to assimilate refugees it would be better to put up some portion of the money and help oversee it somewhere else than to blatantly issue a ban. In other words, offer an alternative.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »
I'm not so political but it seems a practical solution at least on the surface considering the fear of having them here. And we are going to send teams wherever they are committing acts of terrorism anyway. So if we help assimilate them elsewhere we can at least monitor some of their activity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2015, 11:45:50 AM »
Since we would normally foot the bill to assimilate refugees it would be better to put up some portion of the money and help oversee it somewhere else than to blatantly issue a ban. In other words, offer an alternative.

Japan does this.   It provides financial aid for Islamic refugees. But it refuses to accept them within its borders. 

They have the right idea. 

I have no problem with any ethnicity, any culture, any individual or any group that wants to come to America.  But part and parcel of becoming American should mean that you retain your identity, but also become a part of the culture here. 

Immigrants come to be a part of our society.  Invaders come with the intent of replacing our culture with theirs. 

We enable the invasion mentality.  We don't require that immigrants learn the language. 

Ahhhh fuck it.  The war is already over.  America lost. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
I agree. And Trump will set it back 200.

You continually post as if you are so better educated and informed than anyone on this board.

200 years? Really?

People like you push more and more undecideds toward Trump every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »
If we do get to have an election, trump needs to find a way to reduce spending and pay our foreign debt.

I love Dinesh. He rips liberals a new asshole at Amherst,

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:42:50 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2015, 04:29:30 PM »
Look up the word Hijrah.

Then tell me who to vote for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2015, 06:39:13 PM »
You continually post as if you are so better educated and informed than anyone on this board.

200 years? Really?

People like you push more and more undecideds toward Trump every day.
I'm certainly posting like I'm smarter than you.

People like you (and Trump) push (conservative, right-leaning) undecideds like me away from Republicans.

If you consider speaking as if you're "educated and informed" to be a negative trait, it's no wonder you're a fan of Trump.

I guess you'd prefer if I just came right out and said it?

http://on.aol.com/video/donald-trump-wants-you-to-know-just-how-smart-he-is-519012381

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/30/acd.01.html
And I had an uncle who went to MIT who is a top professor. Dr. John Trump. A genius. It's my blood. I'm smart. Great marks. Like really smart.

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2015/08/05/transcript-donald-trumps-speech-in-phoenix-arizona-on-july-11-2015-part-5/
You know, what I usually do because if you really love this country, you have a very, very hard convincing people what you're doing is right and that you're really smart.

And like a lot of us are really smart. I'm like really smart. Went to the Wharton School of Finance. Even then a long time ago, like the hardest or one of the hardest schools to get into. Did well at the school. Came out, made a fortune. Wrote a book called "The Art of the Deal."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:11:29 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2015, 06:44:13 PM »

What's North Korea doing? Maybe we should do that, since the US constitution and historical context of our nation apparently has no bearing on the discussion. Why don't we just do like Australia and ban guns?

For those who are not so better educated and informed, that was sarcasm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »
Look up the word Hijrah.

Then tell me who to vote for.
You people keep conflating me saying Trump is an idiot asshole with terrible unconstitutional non-ideas, with saying that I don't have deep concerns about radical Islam. I know I'm preaching to the choir, and also adding fuel to the flames, but the percentages of Muslims that agree with various parts of Shariah law, jihad, or sympathize with terrorists is alarmingly high. It's not 100% like some of you guys seem to believe, but it's high enough that it is a very clear and real problem.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/opinion-polls.htm

Measures need to be taken to do something about it. Some of you seem to think electing the bombastic idiot shouting he'd "bomb the shit out of 'em"...

...and lock the ones we have up in camps, is the corrective action.

I am aware you'll roll your eyes at this, but in addition to being childish and ignorant, i.e. not real or serious solutions, I can't understand how anyone could not see that all that is doing is stoking the fire. I'm not saying be Neville Chamberline, but if radical jihadi militants see that idiot babbling on about bombing the shit out of them, they're not going to say "Hey, you know how we have that terrorist attack planned? Maybe we shouldn't do that because President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho said some pretty tough shit." No, it is going to radicalize more that are on the fence about joining ISIS. And no, I was not one of the hippies saying that about invading Iraq, or any other middle east policy we've involved ourselves in. But this is blatant taunting and challenging them.

But what should for sure be done, as I said before, is a full examination and revamp of our current immigration and visa vetting processes. Take this article below for example. Again, I know I'm preaching to the converted, but this is a problem that needs to be rectified.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/428437/new-york-times-downplays-islamist-facebook-posts
Take Out Your Red Pens
by JONAH GOLDBERG   December 13, 2015 9:45 AM

The New York Times has an interesting story about how the State Department missed the bus on Tashfeen Malik’s Islamist and anti-American social media posts during her immigration background check. Though we aren’t permitted to read directly what she said on social media, she was apparently quite open in her endorsement of “violent Jihad.” The Times reports that:

Had the authorities found the posts years ago, they might have kept her out of the country. But immigration officials do not routinely review social media as part of their background checks, and there is a debate inside the Department of Homeland Security over whether it is even appropriate to do so.

We don’t get much of an explanation of what exactly “appropriate” means, only that the topic is being debated by government officials. It’s almost as if the Times is scared to actually report the interesting facts — what the posts said, why the government ignores them and may want to keep ignoring them etc. for fear of what people might do with the facts.

Then there’s this ending:

In a brief telephone interview on Saturday, the sister, Fehda Malik, said Tashfeen Malik was not an extremist, and she rejected the allegations against her sister.

“I am the one who spent most of the time with my sister,” she said. “No one knows her more than me. She had no contact with any militant organization or person, male or female.”

She said her sister was religious, studied the Quran and prayed five times a day. “She knew what was right and what was wrong,” Fehda Malik said. She added that the family was “very worried and tense,” before hanging up the phone.

On social media, Fehda Malik has made provocative comments of her own. In 2011, on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, she posted a remark on Facebook beside a photo of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center that could be interpreted as anti-American.

Social media comments, by themselves, however, are not always definitive evidence. In Pakistan — as in the United States — there is no shortage of crass and inflammatory language. And it is often difficult to distinguish Islamist sentiments and those driven by political hostility toward the United States. At the time Fehda Malik’s comment was posted, anti-American sentiment in Pakistan was particularly high; four months earlier, American commandos had secretly entered Pakistan and killed Osama bin Laden.

I’ve reread this last bit a bunch of times. I can’t quite figure out what the authors and editors think is going on here. The sister, Fehda, denies that Tashfeen is a radical Islamist. She spent a lot of time with her sister apparently. Weighing against Fehda’s character reference? Tashfeen’s Facebook posts, including the one in which she pledged loyalty to ISIS, not to mention the bodies of 14 dead Americans (and a good deal more wounded). So I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Fehda’s word doesn’t count for very much.

This is a suspicion the authors themselves seem to corroborate, given that they found a post of hers on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that “could be interpreted as anti-American.” Again, we’re not allowed to see the actual comment, but given that it accompanied a picture of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center, and the way the Times phrased all of this, I’m guessing that the proper way to read “could be interpreted” is “only a blithering idiot would disagree” that it was anti-American.

But wait. It gets odder. The Times chooses to end this story with a caution not to read too much into ugly posts on social media by people asking for the privilege — not the right — to move here. After all, “it is often difficult to distinguish Islamist sentiments and those driven by political hostility toward the United States. At the time Fehda Malik’s comment was posted, anti-American sentiment in Pakistan was particularly high; four months earlier, American commandos had secretly entered Pakistan and killed Osama bin Laden.”

Wait. What? I gather they are saying that anti-Americanism and Islamism are different, but occasionally overlapping things. Fair enough. But they also seem to be saying we shouldn’t much care about taking in immigrants who merely hate America on political grounds. That’s weird.

Even more weird is their example of potentially non-Islamist but still anti-American sentiment: Fehda’s outrage over the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Are we supposed to be relieved?  ”Oh, she’s not an Islamist, she’s just furious we killed Bin Laden for nationalistic reasons.”

So, to sum up. It may be inappropriate to put too much stock in social media posts because some would-be immigrants just hate America for conventional non-Islamist reasons. After all, the woman who insists her mass-murdering Islamist sister isn’t a radical has posted anti-American screeds out of outrage that the U.S. killed an Islamist terrorist mastermind on Pakistani soil. These distinctions really are complicated, I guess. Better government officials just ignore it all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:33:26 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »
I'm certainly posting like I'm smarter than you.

People like you (and Trump) push (conservative, right-leaning) undecideds like me away from Republicans.

If you consider speaking as if you're "educated and informed" to be a negative trait, it's no wonder you're a fan of Trump.

Well you definitely speak "as if"!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2015, 10:22:56 PM »
Measures need to be taken to do something about it. Some of you seem to think electing the bombastic idiot shouting he'd "bomb the shit out of 'em"......and lock the ones we have up in camps, is the corrective action.

When you are facing an enemy which is committed to destroying you with no regard for his own life?  Those may be the only options. 

There is no difference between "radical" Islam and "regular" Islam.  Submit or die.  It's the same for all.

The radicals go about it via violence. The "non-radicals" opt to do it from the inside and overwhelm the culture, substituting our law and values for theirs and then planting the flag and declaring "America is an Islamic country!!" 

It's happening all over the world.  Portugal. Spain. Fucking Sweden even.  SWEDEN! 

You cannot reason with someone who is utterly convinced he is right and eager to die to prove it.  You have to kill him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2015, 10:28:49 AM »
When you are facing an enemy which is committed to destroying you with no regard for his own life?  Those may be the only options. 

There is no difference between "radical" Islam and "regular" Islam.  Submit or die.  It's the same for all.

The radicals go about it via violence. The "non-radicals" opt to do it from the inside and overwhelm the culture, substituting our law and values for theirs and then planting the flag and declaring "America is an Islamic country!!" 

It's happening all over the world.  Portugal. Spain. Fucking Sweden even.  SWEDEN! 

You cannot reason with someone who is utterly convinced he is right and eager to die to prove it.  You have to kill him.
I know you're on a roll and don't want to hear it, but in the US especially, that is simply not true. I'm going to guess you've never actually met a Muslim person IRL. Like most forms of bigotry, it's easy to demonize when you have no frame of reference with actual human beings.

My boss at my old job in Birmingham was a devout Muslim. I knew one in college as well. Both great guys. I do not believe they secretly plotted to kill me.

Again I have to put the disclaimer that I'm not saying there AREN'T a sizable faction of that population that DO think that way. Just, again, saying there is actual nuance involved. There are thoughts and ideas between "Islam is a religion of peace and these terrorist attacks are an anomaly that shouldn't be taken seriously in the grand scheme of things" and "Bomb the shit outta ever' damn one of em."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2015, 10:38:06 AM »
I know you're on a roll and don't want to hear it, but in the US especially, that is simply not true. I'm going to guess you've never actually met a Muslim person IRL. Like most forms of bigotry, it's easy to demonize when you have no frame of reference with actual human beings.

My boss at my old job in Birmingham was a devout Muslim. I knew one in college as well. Both great guys. I do not believe they secretly plotted to kill me.

Again I have to put the disclaimer that I'm not saying there AREN'T a sizable faction of that population that DO think that way. Just, again, saying there is actual nuance involved. There are thoughts and ideas between "Islam is a religion of peace and these terrorist attacks are an anomaly that shouldn't be taken seriously in the grand scheme of things" and "Bomb the shit outta ever' damn one of em."

Why does no one like the pragmatic, yet tough guy running? If only one of his credit cards didn't have a balance on it.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE