Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week WOAT Iron Bowl

Thoughts - Week WOAT Iron Bowl
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »
Auburn

- That was the worst Iron Bowl I've ever watched.

- But my rage has died and it died quickly.  That Auburn team was pretty much the same Auburn team we've watched since week six.  The Georgia game was an anomaly with Duke being out thus stifling our offense. 

- 448 total yards against Miss State and 23 points.  Gave up 469 yards and 38 points. 
- 582 total yards against Texas A&M and 38 points.  Gave up 453 yards and 41 points.
- 600 total yards against Alabama and 44 points.  Gave up 539 yards and 55 points.

- Our trips to the red zone were redolent of the Miss State game.  Something inflicted this team that made it hard to score after marching down the field.  Whatever it was, I wish we would have figured it out before this game.  I firmly believe the score at the half is 35-14 and if we could pick off Sims and score like we did to open the 2nd half, we go up 42-14 with a big ass Auburn party in an emptying Bryant Denny stadium.

- But we couldn't score.  We dropped two easy touchdowns.  We settled for field goals.  Somehow, after amassing 400 yards against Nick fucking Saban in Tuscaloosa, Alabama was still 6 points from taking the lead.

- They were who we thought they were.  Simms isn't a great quarterback.  Cooper is good but can disappear for a while.  Kiffin can score points, but we had him figured out.  But our defense, oh our defense.

- I don't see how we can keep Johnson.  I don't know if I was in the Fire Ellis! camp before, but I think I am now.  It's simply absurd to think that our players are so stupid that they can't handle running his simplified defense.  After two years, he should have players that are improving.  Every top defensive coordinator there has ever been shows improvement as they coach their players.  Even on bad teams.  I mean, look at Florida.  That's a shit football team but they can play defense for most of the game.  I understand running into an offensive coordinator or two that are just so brilliant or so stocked with legendary players that you can't slow them down.  But week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9 , week 10, and week 12, we've given up 450+ yards, 500+ yards in some, and 31+ points. 

- I think we have the smartest offensive coach in college football, and he lost three games this year because the defense was so bad that it was impossible to score enough points to win. 

- All in all though, I'm going to be sad to see some of these players go.  Marshall was a rollercoaster ride.  If Duke leaves, he's the best receiver I have personally ever seen at Auburn.  If Sammie leaves, he's the fastest receiver I have personally ever seen at Auburn.  Dismukes is a mean ass center.  CAP is a really good running back.  Great numbers.  Not sure he's in the conversation with the legends though.  Quan Bray seems to have been a constant for a decade now. 

College Football

- I'm growing tired.  I watch Auburn football to support and live with my alma mater.  I cheer for my team to win and hate to lose and sometimes, I don't really care either way because I just enjoy being part of a culture that is Southern, educated, and fun. 

- But I watch college football for drama.  I want to see big games where I don't really know what's going to happen.  I like the complex spiderweb that forms and breaks with each week as upsets happen and great teams are built.  I like seeing top players perform well and hoist trophies and catch the NFL's eye.  I like seeing entertaining coaches give great one liners in press conferences.  I like wondering what all will happen in the end and how and where and who will be crowned the national champion.

- I know this is going to be a little brother, douchebaggy, and poor sportsman-type melt, but I'm ready to take a break from college football until Nick Saban leaves Alabama.

- I became a college football fan in 2003.  I watched a few games prior to that, but it wasn't until I became a student that I fully understood what it meant to follow college football.  From 2003 until 2007, I cheered and screamed and complained with everyone else about my team.  I loved and hated Tuberville because I never knew what was going to happen.  Each year, a new team would arise and win.  In 2003, LSU made it through with one loss, went on to sneak into the BCSCG and beat the pants off of Oklahoma.  I cheered for LSU because they were SEC and I was tired of hearing the media talk up Oklahoma and USC. 

- In 2004, Auburn without expectations went undefeated.  We were left out of the BCSCG.  I did not like that.  But it was dramatic.  It was a fair discussion.  Why should have USC and Oklahoma dropped after starting 1 and 2?  There were debates.  Good points from both sides.

- In 2005, we were treated with a real Game of the Century.  Two great teams with superstar players competing for an actual trophy.  Came down to the last minute with a heroic and forever-memorable touchdown run by Vince Young.

- In 2006, Florida snuck into the BCSCG and after more debates about how they didn't deserve to be there, they beat the pants off of Ohio State.  Ohio State was a good team then.  So was Michigan.  So was USC. 

- In 2007, it was LSU.  In 2008, it was Florida, but someone was creeping up.

- In 2009, Bama luck started.  (I started typing out how much has happened for Alabama - like all of it, but it was getting to be too much.) 

- From 2009 until 2014, we've seen time after time Alabama have the ball bounce their way.  Time after time, teams seem to have pinned Alabama down for defeat but there's always something that keeps them just enough in the game for them to win it in the end.

- And it's not just games, it's the whole shabang.  There seems to always be something there to keep Bama in the hunt.  2011, 2012, and 2014 are all part of this.  Is Alabama the absolute best team in the country?  Maybe.  But when most teams lose a game, they lose their footing for the NC.  For Alabama, it's always been a speed bump.

- I'm not alleging cheating.  I'm not saying anything funny's going on.  It's just been how it is.  2011, Oklahoma State has an in-house tragedy and loses to Iowa State.  In 2012,  Alabama loses late (deathblow, right?) yet Kansas State and Oregon both lose the following week and Alabama's right back in it.

- In 2014, Alabama has the ball bounce their way numerous times again.  And here we are again.  For the fourth time in six years, Alabama will be in the college football playoff.  For the fourth time in seven years, Alabama is in Atlanta.

- Now, Alabama being Auburn's biggest rival makes it suck worse.  That's really the true melt here.  But it's getting old.

- As I said earlier, I turn on college football for drama.  Miss State was supposed to beat Ole Miss setting up a huge Iron Bowl, but Miss State lost putting Alabama in the SECCG anyway.  I mean, that's how it happens nowadays, right?  Alabama's in anyway. 

- Even if they aren't in, anyway, they still are a cat's whisker away from being in...anyway.  Took a Kick Six to keep them out of it last year.  Were 7 points from being in it in 2010. 

- Anyways, I'm venting.  I'm tired of seeing Alabama win every year.  It's killed the drama.  Eleven times out of twelve, Alabama will win and even with the one loss they get, things will usually still bounce their way so that in the end, the one loss didn't matter at all.  I mean, you know what's going to happen next Saturday.  I'm not even going to watch it.  Alabama is going to beat Missouri and go into the playoff as the #1 team.

- Every other team in the country even when putting together a "dynasty," experiences cyclical highs and lows of rebuilding.  Alabama truly reloads.  They truly have the best dynasty I've ever seen in college football, and it's boring.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Thoughts - Week WOAT Iron Bowl
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:48:35 AM »
Auburn

- That was the worst Iron Bowl I've ever watched.

Be glad you didn't sit through Black Saturday in 2001.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 12:54:36 AM »
Be glad you didn't sit through Black Saturday in 2001.

I wasn't there but I would take an anal drubbing over what happened tonight any day.  We had them blown out and just couldn't put them away .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 12:55:18 AM »
It's disappointing but I've seen worse. We led the number 1 team at half but couldn't hold on.

Gus will have us in the picture. I believe that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 05:52:01 AM »
Yup. uat will beat the Tigers of Missouri like a drum, then they'll curb stomp TCU or whoever gets the #4 spot...heaven help FSU if they beat Oregon, Jameis Winston will be charged with rape and probably murder before that game anyway, so they'll get the shit beat outta them too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »
Don't know why we only get but one passable half of defense but the offensive output is almost always there...at least enough to where some decent tackling and cover skills would go a long way. But I saw many opportunities to put a shoulder to them last night where we just stood watching. And chasing a ball carrier or receiver is not defending, it's getting your ass beat. Still, it was a very entertaining game for more than a half before we crumbled.
It wasn't much consolation knowing that even had we beaten Alabama they would have still found themselves in the playoffs after beating Missouri in the SECCG.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 09:38:16 AM »
I was just glad to see the O rolling again. Although the D is an issue. The rest I think is fixable by Gus and much of it was. He pulled the team together for this one. We were competitive.  But sorry, we need changes on the D. And pronto. Losing Mincy and a few others may end up being addition by subtraction. In skill level and off the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
Get a fresh manpon in, stat.

Worst IB ever?  Get the fuck outta here with that crybaby, new-jack shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 12:02:20 PM »

No not the worst, not by a longshot. Have seen maybe twenty worse where we were inept.
We were actually ept for more than a half last night. Surprisingly ept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 12:03:52 PM »

i explained why I thought it was the worst.  My worst. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

I got some submissions: 

1971 - Both unbeaten, Sullivan Heisman.  Got flat out trucked. It hurt.
1974 - BS call on Gossom being out of bounds cheated us out of breaking the "streak" at two
1984 - Kick the fucking field goal for God's sake.  Terrible Alabama team beat a really good AU.
1985 - Fuck anybody named Tiffin. Forever.
2001 - Double digit favorites, lost 31-7 to Andrew Fucking Zow. Only game I'd ever seen AU quit.

Any of the Tuberville/Chizik finale beatdowns.  Way worse than this.  Left those games with little hope.

I've seen pretty much everything in my life I've ever wanted.  Waiting on my daughter's weddings and grandchildren, but the rest of everything I had on my list is marked off.  Red Sox World Series win?  Check.  Braves win World Series?  Check. AU national title? Check.  The one thing I've yet to see, though, is Auburn blow those bastards off the field.   We've won a lot of close games -- some closer in score than reality -- but I'm adding a total ass whipping to my wish list.  I want to beat them so badly it demoralizes their entire fanbase.  I want every redneck fuck who's ever bawled unprovoked shit at me or my family -- including the four-toothed bastard at Wal Mart last night who talked taunting shit to my daughter AFTER I let him go ahead of me in line because he only had one item -- I want them to question their entire existence and consider suicide.  And the assbag I let ahead of me in line?  I knew you were getting cigarettes.  I let you in front so you could get them and get closer to making a quicker exit from this planet.  Suck on that emphysema stick. Suck it hard. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 12:11:59 PM »
Not my worst, cause I think everybody knew what was gonna happen, hoped it didn't, had real hope after the first half and then the real defense showed up. CEJ has to go, this team (defensively) got worst as the season went on. If I was on the offensive side of the ball, I would tell CEJ to truly go fuck himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 12:18:33 PM »
Not my worst, cause I think everybody knew what was gonna happen, hoped it didn't, had real hope after the first half and then the real defense showed up. CEJ has to go, this team (defensively) got worst as the season went on. If I was on the offensive side of the ball, I would tell CEJ to truly go fuck himself.
He used to be really keen with defense and whatnot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
He used to be really keen with defense and whatnot.

I use to be young. Still am keen. :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »

Any of the Tuberville/Chizik finale beatdowns.  Way worse than this.  Left those games with little hope.

I've seen pretty much everything in my life I've ever wanted.  Waiting on my daughter's weddings and grandchildren, but the rest of everything I had on my list is marked off.  Red Sox World Series win?  Check.  Braves win World Series?  Check. AU national title? Check.  The one thing I've yet to see, though, is Auburn blow those bastards off the field.   We've won a lot of close games -- some closer in score than reality -- but I'm adding a total ass whipping to my wish list.  I want to beat them so badly it demoralizes their entire fanbase.  I want every redneck fuck who's ever bawled unprovoked shit at me or my family -- including the four-toothed bastard at Wal Mart last night who talked taunting shit to my daughter AFTER I let him go ahead of me in line because he only had one item -- I want them to question their entire existence and consider suicide.  And the assbag I let ahead of me in line?  I knew you were getting cigarettes.  I let you in front so you could get them and get closer to making a quicker exit from this planet.  Suck on that emphysema stick. Suck it hard.

The blowouts don't bother me as much as this one.  I would rather sit through 2012 than last night.  At least in 2012 and 2011 and 2008, I went into it thinking we had no chance and it was confirmed by the performance on the field.

Last night, I thought we had no chance.  In Tuscaloosa, at night, with our team that had seemingly given up since the end of the Texas A&M game - and we should have completed your bucket list. 

That game was just as bad of a blowout as the LSU game.  We should have clowned their asses so hard that the committee would have laughed at the SEC champion being considered for the playoff.  We were pounding them so bad that they were warming up Jacob Coker.  They had no answer for what was happening on the field.  Statistically, I believe our offense dominated Nick Saban's defense worse than any other team in his entire coaching tenure.

And we still fucking lost.  And the last seven years of so many times saying, "Alabama still fucking won" just compounding the shittiness that was last night. 

It all starts with January Whatever, 2007 when they hired him.  Those mouthbreathing rednecks shoved it down everyone's throats that they were the new kings of college football and the greatest dynasty in history was about to own everyone.  And they were right.  They were fucking right. 

Add in the shadiness of their recruiting strategies, the rule breaking with coaches, boosters, and current players, and the cold shoulder of the NCAA, and last night was the nail in my football watching coffin. 

I thought I would be over it and have a good "manpon" in today, but I'm not.  Not even going to watch the NFL.  Already planned a nice outing next weekend with my wife, so no SECCG for me.  Don't care what Express Oil Lube bowl game we go to and don't care what Big 16-6 boring ass team we play. 

In other news - Can anyone confirm that the Bama student section was chanting "Lutzie is dead" last night?  I can't believe anyone would stoop that low. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
al.com is projecting Auburn in the Music Fucking City Bowl against Louisville. 

:facepalm:

No thank you. 

According to those fucks, Bama gets Baylor in the first semi final.  Well FUCK that.  I am a Missouri, TCU, Baylor, Oregon, FS... no, fuck that... if it comes to THAT I'm rooting for Armageddon.

Other projections:

MSU-Georgia Tech in the Orange "Who Gives a Fuck" Bowl
South Carolina in the "Do They Still Have a Stadium" Birmingham Bowl
Ole Miss in the Tax Slaying IRS What the Fuck Bowl
Georgia against Iowa in the Outback Shitty Steaks Bowl
A&M vs West Virginia in the Give Me Liberty from this Bowl of Shit Bowl
LSU vs. Texas in the How the Fuck Did they Get Eligible Texas Bowl
Arkansas in the Independence Where's The Buffet Bowl
Florida in the Quick Lane to the Exit Bowl
Missouri in the Citrus I don't have a quip for this shit bowl

I'm sorry, but I would not pay eleven cents to watch any of those shit infested maggot bowls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »
In other news - Can anyone confirm that the Bama student section was chanting "Lutzie is dead" last night?  I can't believe anyone would stoop that low.

They were saying "Luck is dead"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 04:13:45 PM »
They were saying "Luck is dead"

Because that makes perfect sense. I mean...everyone says "Luck is dead". Not "Luck ran out" or "No more luck".

"Luck is dead" sounds like a perfectly credible chant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
Because that makes perfect sense. I mean...everyone says "Luck is dead". Not "Luck ran out" or "No more luck".

"Luck is dead" sounds like a perfectly credible chant.
Your sarcasm is warranted. However, I would much prefer to have some SPUAT students brag about the chant thus confirming our suspicions. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 07:54:46 PM »
It is not normal for a team to lose after posting 600 yrds of offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions