Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Looking to 2015, who's gone, who's back

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Looking to 2015, who's gone, who's back
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »
Yeah his 40 time along with his size and vertical will have him probably at 3rd round.

BTW I would pretty much guess since Sammy gone that Duke would be with him.

Which makes you wonder if they can see that the potential to go first round is there with JJ delivering the ball.

Duke has that tough inside ability to catch the ball anywhere. He would go higher in my opinion. Coates is a one trick pony that needs to show the NFL he can catch the ball more consistently. The NFL is all about catching in traffic. Very seldom does a WR get open behind the DBs (on average in the NFL).

So if we can get them to stay, JJ might set some new records. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »

Which makes you wonder if they can see that the potential to go first round is there with JJ delivering the ball.

Duke has that tough inside ability to catch the ball anywhere. He would go higher in my opinion. Coates is a one trick pony that needs to show the NFL he can catch the ball more consistently. The NFL is all about catching in traffic. Very seldom does a WR get open behind the DBs (on average in the NFL).

So if we can get them to stay, JJ might set some new records.
Oh I don't disagree, I was just sharing the news.  Person I know is pretty close with Sammy....pretty close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »
Oh I don't disagree, I was just sharing the news.  Person I know is pretty close with Sammy....pretty close.

Tell Kenzie I said hello.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
And Ward
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 01:44:44 PM »

Somebody might want to get Darvin Adams to give him a call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
Playing devils advocate, not sure that is always a good thing.   If they want to go let them go.  Sure as a fan I hate it, I also get it. 

However, I would rather have us develop the next string then have guys worrying about not getting hurt so they don't ruin their chance at the big time (a la Clowney)

Sure, if they want to go then by all means but if I'm thinking if they are not at least 2nd round, then stay for next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 06:49:25 PM »
Sure, if they want to go then by all means but if I'm thinking if they are not at least 2nd round, then stay for next year.

But how will they know what round they will end up in. I think those projections have been crap here lately.

An if you are a WR in the 3rd or later rounds, you are just another body on the team. WRs are all over the NFL. Bu the ones taken early are most likely to stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
But how will they know what round they will end up in. I think those projections have been crap here lately.

An if you are a WR in the 3rd or later rounds, you are just another body on the team. WRs are all over the NFL. Bu the ones taken early are most likely to stick.

Its just that, projections, what everyone else has to go on. As far as the 3rd or later round, my point exactly. WRs are almost a dime a dozen these days. If I'm Coates or Williams and I hear that I would not be in the 1st or 2nd round, my ass is staying put at AU for another year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions