Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week WOAT Iron Bowl

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Thoughts - Week WOAT Iron Bowl
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 09:02:13 PM »
Fuck the disappointment.  Worst ever?  Bitch Pleeeeeeeease.  We had 44 points and 630 yards.  We lost because #1, the refs made damn sure it didn't get away from Bama in the first half. Worst called game I've seen in years. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  Never have been.  That was mandated by the SEC office.  It happens. Had a conversation with a HS coach who talked with an SEC ref after the 2010 Iron Bowl.  Said the crew was told in no uncertain terms that Fairley would be flagged first play he made to "keep him in check". 

They needed Bama in the Final 4.  They made sure. 

Second. Ellis Johnson is gone because a 6th grader can see that you don't take the best offensive player in college football...period...and leave him on an island with a corner for 4 quarters.  It was candy from a baby.  We heard for years that AU won in 2010 because of Cam.  Bama is 7-5 without Cooper.  Johnson decided it was okay to cover him one on one for 4 quarters.  That's why you're looking for work.  Double team him and we win by 20.  Despite the SEC Office mandate.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:03:44 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
Fuck the disappointment.  Worst ever?  Bitch Pleeeeeeeease.  We had 44 points and 630 yards.  We lost because #1, the refs made damn sure it didn't get away from Bama in the first half. Worst called game I've seen in years. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  Never have been.  That was mandated by the SEC office.  It happens. Had a conversation with a HS coach who talked with an SEC ref after the 2010 Iron Bowl.  Said the crew was told in no uncertain terms that Fairley would be flagged first play he made to "keep him in check". 

They needed Bama in the Final 4.  They made sure. 

Second. Ellis Johnson is gone because a 6th grader can see that you don't take the best offensive player in college football...period...and leave him on an island with a corner for 4 quarters.  It was candy from a baby.  We heard for years that AU won in 2010 because of Cam.  Bama is 7-5 without Cooper.  Johnson decided it was okay to cover him one on one for 4 quarters.  That's why you're looking for work.  Double team him and we win by 20.  Despite the SEC Office mandate.

He speaks for all of us
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 03:43:52 AM »
I don't know about y'all, but the outcome of that game didn't faze me. I wanted the season to end after the aTm game. I didn't get on Rivals or even post here that much since that game. I also had a feeling that Coach Ellis Johnson was going to be let go after that game, so I've been more looking forward to seeing who the next DC was going to be, it better be someone that breathes fire...not another relaxed, laidback type like Coach Johnson was. I want a animated DC, someone that'll fire up the defense, maybe get a little bloody too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 07:19:48 AM »
I don't know about y'all, but the outcome of that game didn't faze me. I wanted the season to end after the aTm game. I didn't get on Rivals or even post here that much since that game. I also had a feeling that Coach Ellis Johnson was going to be let go after that game, so I've been more looking forward to seeing who the next DC was going to be, it better be someone that breathes fire...not another relaxed, laidback type like Coach Johnson was. I want a animated DC, someone that'll fire up the defense, maybe get a little bloody too.
Hmmmm, I wonder who could fit the description you are looking for? Boom mothaducker, I've got it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:04 AM »
Hmmmm, I wonder who could fit the description you are looking for? Boom mothaducker, I've got it!

There is mutual interest here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:50 AM »
I'm not sure who he's talking about either.  This guy may know though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
I'm not sure who he's talking about either.  This guy may know though.

Yeah, somebody who is already familiar with Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
The blowouts don't bother me as much as this one.  I would rather sit through 2012 than last night.  At least in 2012 and 2011 and 2008, I went into it thinking we had no chance and it was confirmed by the performance on the field.

Last night, I thought we had no chance.  In Tuscaloosa, at night, with our team that had seemingly given up since the end of the Texas A&M game - and we should have completed your bucket list. 

That game was just as bad of a blowout as the LSU game.  We should have clowned their asses so hard that the committee would have laughed at the SEC champion being considered for the playoff.  We were pounding them so bad that they were warming up Jacob Coker.  They had no answer for what was happening on the field.  Statistically, I believe our offense dominated Nick Saban's defense worse than any other team in his entire coaching tenure.

And we still fucking lost.  And the last seven years of so many times saying, "Alabama still fucking won" just compounding the shittiness that was last night. 

It all starts with January Whatever, 2007 when they hired him.  Those mouthbreathing rednecks shoved it down everyone's throats that they were the new kings of college football and the greatest dynasty in history was about to own everyone.  And they were right.  They were fucking right. 

Add in the shadiness of their recruiting strategies, the rule breaking with coaches, boosters, and current players, and the cold shoulder of the NCAA, and last night was the nail in my football watching coffin. 

I thought I would be over it and have a good "manpon" in today, but I'm not.  Not even going to watch the NFL.  Already planned a nice outing next weekend with my wife, so no SECCG for me.  Don't care what Express Oil Lube bowl game we go to and don't care what Big 16-6 boring ass team we play. 

In other news - Can anyone confirm that the Bama student section was chanting "Lutzie is dead" last night?  I can't believe anyone would stoop that low.
You are fucking out of your gord.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »
You are fucking out of your gord.

My goUrd is laminated.  It's impregnable.  It's covered by a forcefield.  Ain't no leaving it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 09:35:31 AM »
Last night, I thought we had no chance.  In Tuscaloosa, at night, with our team that had seemingly given up since the end of the Texas A&M game - and we should have completed your bucket list. 

This statement tells me all I need to know, where the fuck did this team ever give up.  Wow maybe you should do the same thing as Chizad and go cheer for bammer, your life will be happier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 09:48:27 AM »
This statement tells me all I need to know, where the fuck did this team ever give up.  Wow maybe you should do the same thing as Chizad and go cheer for bammer, your life will be happier.

I'd say we ran out of gas Saturday night. Those guys fought. Didn't help that the dickwad DC decided to let Amari run around free all night.

But the second half of A&M and all of UGA, I'm not sure what else we can call it - in those 6 quarters of play we looked pretty bad and without much effort.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 10:11:08 AM »
But the second half of A&M and all of UGA, I'm not sure what else we can call it - in those 6 quarters of play we looked pretty bad and without much effort.

Second half of aTm? You mean, when we outscored them 21-6?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:15 AM »
Second half of aTm? You mean, when we outscored them 21-6?
No shit, am I in an alternate universe. 

We should have beaten aTm twice if not for 2 fumbles.  Fumbles are not caused by quitting.  I also tend to think UGA was an aTm (disappointment hangover).

Look guys I am just as upset as everyone else that we lost the game.  I also will admit that I was wrong in defending Johnson (although I do contend that 2 years isn't a whole hell of a lot of time) I'm not upset that he has been let go.   But to make a statement like you would rather deal with 2012 and expect to lose a game than be competitive in a game (and still lose) is crazy to me.

I would rather be competitive in every game we play 100% of the time than ever go into a game expecting to lose.  The most pissed off I was about a game this year was aTm because we should have won that game. aTm should not have beaten us on our home turf.  Losing to MSU, UGA and Bama all on the road against good teams, we were in those ball games (cept UGA), if you don't want to be competitive why even bother watching the games?  Why post on an Auburn football forum? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »

Like, duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2014, 10:36:35 AM »
Didn't help that the dickwad DC decided to let Amari run around free all night.

I just can't believe that was the plan. On Cooper's first TD, it looked like Mincy was supposed to give Cooper a bit of attention and just ignored him, essentially leaving a RB Ono on one with Cooper.

Why is it that everyte something bad happened here lately Mincy has been around the play like Thorpe used to be?

And what happened to Therezie? He just disappeared!

Was the whitehead issue really a team issue? Something is very odd here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »

We should have beaten aTm twice if not for 2 fumbles.  Fumbles are not caused by quitting.  I also tend to think UGA was an aTm (disappointment hangover).

Look guys I am just as upset as everyone else that we lost the game.  I also will admit that I was wrong in defending Johnson (although I do contend that 2 years isn't a whole hell of a lot of time) I'm not upset that he has been let go.   But to make a statement like you would rather deal with 2012 and expect to lose a game than be competitive in a game (and still lose) is crazy to me.

I would rather be competitive in every game we play 100% of the time than ever go into a game expecting to lose.  The most pissed off I was about a game this year was aTm because we should have won that game. aTm should not have beaten us on our home turf.  Losing to MSU, UGA and Bama all on the road against good teams, we were in those ball games (cept UGA), if you don't want to be competitive why even bother watching the games?  Why post on an Auburn football forum?

Troof.  I believe it was the year Tater Tot walked out on us that I was at the Iron Bowl and left there thinking I hadn't seen so little talent at Auburn in forever.  Tuberville came in and said that very thing when he took over.  But, that team even jumped out on Bama at the start and fought their asses off.  Just not enough players to compete.  As I've said before, the only thing that really upset me about 2012 is that the team quit.  They quit right after LSU and mailed in the rest of the season.  I can take getting beat by a better team, or even out corched in some instances.  Saturday night, we played the #1 team in the country on their turf and got out corched.  Steps have already been taken to correct that issue.  I can live with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
I would take losing where we are competitive to getting an ass kicking any day of the week.

And GF and WE!, you're not wrong in defending Johnson.  Maybe it was bad coaching, maybe it was lack of talent.  Maybe both.  But someone is going to lose a job when you give up 30+ in 6 straight SEC games, and finish 0-3 in conference down the stretch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »
I would take losing where we are competitive to getting an ass kicking any day of the week.

And GF and WE!, you're not wrong in defending Johnson.  Maybe it was bad coaching, maybe it was lack of talent.  Maybe both.  But someone is going to lose a job when you give up 30+ in 6 straight SEC games, and finish 0-3 in conference down the stretch.

:thumsup:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
I didn't see any quit in the offense, at all. Not one iota. Maybe a little from the D on that last drive. It kind of looked like they were thinking, "what's the use?". But, most of the game, they seemed to be working as hard as they could.

I must say that I had heard bad things regarding team morale and I was worried that they would show up like the 2012 team vs the thugs. Didn't happen at all. I am proud of the way that they fought.

Not proud of the way we played #9 but I never thought that we could stop him. I did think we could do better against him than we did. He's good but fuck! That was pitiful. He's a Duke type receiver. I will take Duke over him but he's that caliber. We actually looked scared of the mofo. Maybe I'm totally off on that but that's the way it appeared to me.

Regardless, it's over and I'm very happy that Gus is cutting our losses and moving in a different direction. Johnson has likely forgotten more about coaching D than many know but it wasn't translating into performance. This was an excellent decision, imo. Sometimes, even good people don't work out and new blood is needed. This was one of those times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
Let me play a little devil's advocate.  Understand that I am not unhappy about Ellis going.  I do not think he has brought a toughness to AU that we sorely need on that side of the ball, but that being said what about the "defensive geniuses of our time" Saban and Smart giving up 44 to us?

Understand that I am not downing us.  We know Gus' offenses can score points.  But we jacked them for 44 and realistically had we put some of our field goals in the endzone probably hang over 55 on them.  What say you all about the the defensive geniuses having 55+ hung on them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."