Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2018, 11:45:01 PM »
Agree for the most part with the conversation but the problem as I see it is with recruiting.

YES we have tremendous skill players but think back to what was returning on the offensive line after Cam left for the NFL.
And beyond that if you recall, we soon found out that we sucked at linebacker and defensive tackle.

Now we have the same situation occurring again where we lack a push in the run game, especially creating seams for longer gains that extend drives.

I honestly believe Gus alternately cheats position groups in order to stockpile offensive skill players, mostly wide receivers.
It can work HOWEVER if there are injuries, transfers or kids leaving that just exacerbates the problem.

Interested in knowing what the rest of you think because I say it's the main reason we lack overall consistency as a team.
Played golf with two guys from Salt Lake City today.  Fans of the Utah Utes.  

Some perspective: 
1. They had no idea who Auburn's coach is.  
2. They remember Bama won the title, but don't know who the quarterback was. 
3. They think Alabama won the SEC the last four or five years
4. They know Auburn is a "pretty good" team but weren't sure if we were ranked or not. 
5. They didn't know who LSU's coach is and were unaware Auburn had lost to them.  "Really?  LSU?  That's a surprise."  
6. They are aggravated with their coach because all the Utes do is play defense and they can't score points.  I was surprised because I assumed they scored lots of points and didn't play much defense at all. Utah is currently first in total defense nationally.  We are 40th.  Not as good as they thought last year.  They were 39th.  AU was 11th. 
7. They are perfectly happy with a coach that wins 8 or 9 games a year and occasionally hits the jackpot.  Can't believe any program wouldn't be satisfied with that.  
8. Their current coach, Kyle Wittingham, beat Alabama in 2008/09.  They claim the 2008 National Championship due to finishing 13-0 and dominating the Tide.  
9. Wittingham has been coach since 2005. They said he'd won at least nine games in eight of his seasons.  I looked.  Seven.  And two eight win seasons.  
10. Said they struggled the first two years in the Pac10 but were much better since.  This is true.  
11. Blown away that the SEC stadiums hold 80k plus.  Utah's home field is 45K.  Oregon only holds 54.  

Biggest thing?  They watch football, have a pretty good team most seasons and enjoy the game for what it is.  I hate Nick Saban for robbing us of that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2018, 01:20:14 AM »
Played golf with two guys from Salt Lake City today.  Fans of the Utah Utes. 

Some perspective:
1. They had no idea who Auburn's coach is. 
2. They remember Bama won the title, but don't know who the quarterback was.
3. They think Alabama won the SEC the last four or five years
4. They know Auburn is a "pretty good" team but weren't sure if we were ranked or not.
5. They didn't know who LSU's coach is and were unaware Auburn had lost to them.  "Really?  LSU?  That's a surprise." 
6. They are aggravated with their coach because all the Utes do is play defense and they can't score points.  I was surprised because I assumed they scored lots of points and didn't play much defense at all. Utah is currently first in total defense nationally.  We are 40th.  Not as good as they thought last year.  They were 39th.  AU was 11th.
7. They are perfectly happy with a coach that wins 8 or 9 games a year and occasionally hits the jackpot.  Can't believe any program wouldn't be satisfied with that. 
8. Their current coach, Kyle Wittingham, beat Alabama in 2008/09.  They claim the 2008 National Championship due to finishing 13-0 and dominating the Tide. 
9. Wittingham has been coach since 2005. They said he'd won at least nine games in eight of his seasons.  I looked.  Seven.  And two eight win seasons. 
10. Said they struggled the first two years in the Pac10 but were much better since.  This is true. 
11. Blown away that the SEC stadiums hold 80k plus.  Utah's home field is 45K.  Oregon only holds 54. 

Biggest thing?  They watch football, have a pretty good team most seasons and enjoy the game for what it is.  I hate Nick Saban for robbing us of that. 
This is honestly the best thing I’ve read regarding the state of college football the past 6-7 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »

I honestly believe Gus alternately cheats position groups in order to stockpile offensive skill players, mostly wide receivers.
It can work HOWEVER if there are injuries, transfers or kids leaving that just exacerbates the problem.

I agree, which is odd since he basically only wants them to block or catch stupid ass screens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
It can be, but it'll cost us $32 mil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
The “jack holes that be” that decided this was ok can write the fuckin check. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2018, 02:51:14 AM »
I doubt anything happens this year, unless there are some kind of allegations against Coach Malzahn (there won't be) or anything NCAA violations related that would void the $500 Trillion contract...but if next year looks as atrocious as this year...he's likely gone (Auburn would be better off biting the proverbial bullet).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
I doubt anything happens this year, unless there are some kind of allegations against Coach Malzahn (there won't be) or anything NCAA violations related that would void the $500 Trillion contract...but if next year looks as atrocious as this year...he's likely gone (Auburn would be better off biting the proverbial bullet).
I think Buzz was sexually assaulted by Gus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2018, 08:23:42 AM »
Just get the Democrats on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2018, 09:05:23 AM »
I think he is our coach until Saban retires.  Also, I expect us to be worse next year.  He won't be fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2018, 11:02:36 AM »
I think he is our coach until Saban retires.  Also, I expect us to be worse next year.  He won't be fired.
We've got another decade of Saban. Just saying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2018, 11:23:15 AM »
We've got another decade of Saban. Just saying.

dude aint slowing down
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »
I think Buzz was sexually assaulted by Gus.
It was at a party in 1984 1982 1986.  He showed me his junk pile out back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2018, 09:29:13 AM »
It was at a party in 1984 1982 1986.  He showed me his junk pile out back.
He showed you his passing tree playbook? How scary! Bet that traumatized you to see that many variations on the same shit-ass screen pass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2018, 10:25:11 AM »
He showed you his passing tree playbook? How scary! Bet that traumatized you to see that many variations on the same shoot-ass screen pass.
HE SHOWED ME THE TWIRLYBIRD!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »
Feels like a decent time to resurrect this thread and ask the question - does this apply?
I will re-ask your question now.  GH care to change your answer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2018, 12:32:41 PM »
I will re-ask your question now.  GH care to change your answer?

Well. That answer wasn’t given today. It was given week 3. After a close loss to LSU and sitting in the top 10. A lot has changed since then. Hell. A lot has changed since Arkansas. 

If you are asking me today. Then yes. It’s starting to resemble 2012 in many ways. Minus the felonies and off the field incidents. In the way that the head man is losing the whole team. I think I’ve indirectly given a more updated answer in the other threads - Marcelo, nom nom and the Six’s. 

We knew things were “off” some after LSU. Not sure anyone saw it going this far off the rails this quickly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
Well. That answer wasn’t given today. It was given week 3. After a close loss to LSU and sitting in the top 10. A lot has changed since then. Hell. A lot has changed since Arkansas.

If you are asking me today. Then yes. It’s starting to resemble 2012 in many ways. Minus the felonies and off the field incidents. In the way that the head man is losing the whole team. I think I’ve indirectly given a more updated answer in the other threads - Marcelo, nom nom and the Six’s.

We knew things were “off” some after LSU. Not sure anyone saw it going this far off the rails this quickly.
I wasn't picking on you I agreed with you Week 3 as well.  Just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2018, 08:25:11 PM »
I wasn't picking on you I agreed with you Week 3 as well.  Just sayin.
I was being verbose. 

So my short answer is yes. And I’d like to buy another coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
I was being verbose.

So my short answer is yes. And I’d like to buy another coach.
If I win the $645M lotto, I'll buy you all the coaches you want, Veruca.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2018, 08:41:43 PM »
If I win the $645M lotto, I'll buy you all the coaches you want, Veruca.

Love playing with the donors’ money on message boards. Bow down bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE