Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »
I feel the same way today that I felt in 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2016, 08:25:40 PM »
I don't know about the child and DNA but I do know about the big purchase. It does seem the bigger the purchase the better the um, well, you know.

I gotta slow down on  the drinking, don't even remember typing that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2018, 09:21:02 AM »
Feels like a decent time to resurrect this thread and ask the question - does this apply?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2018, 09:46:16 AM »
Feels like a decent time to resurrect this thread and ask the question - does this apply?
Not even close. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2018, 12:40:38 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2018, 05:29:23 AM »
Fix the OLine, fix most of the problems on Offense...SSDD
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »
Fix the OLine, fix most of the problems on Offense...SSDD
You defended Chizik for about four pages of this thread.  Vehemently.  

So......  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »

So...... 

The mess in 2012 was deeper and more widespread than most knew. And is probably the worst one we had in decades. That team had character issues outside of that locker room. It had work ethic issues inside of it. It was just a complete mess. Gus overachieved in 2013 with the same guys. Still not sure how he did it other than nick marshall being a key addition and leading the team. But this year. Jeremy’s first year as starter. Or 2008. None of them remotely compare to the cluster of 2012. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »

The mess in 2012 was deeper and more widespread than most knew. And is probably the worst one we had in decades. That team had character issues outside of that locker room. It had work ethic issues inside of it. It was just a complete mess. Gus overachieved in 2013 with the same guys. Still not sure how he did it other than nick marshall being a key addition and leading the team. But this year. Jeremy’s first year as starter. Or 2008. None of them remotely compare to the cluster of 2012.
But we lined up our helmets perfect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2018, 03:03:28 PM »

Tre Mason and Nick Marshall was a hell of a combination. Plus, when a defense crashed the box, you could sling it to Sammy Coates and he would catch it 60% of the time.

Then, you just hope to get the ball one more time...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2018, 03:29:42 PM »
Paaawwwwwl, in 2013 them Barners was cheatin' just like they are now.  And, they was the luckiest team in all of college football.  They know'd that boy stepped out of bounds on that there Kick 6.  Whutchu thank, Paaawwwl?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
Paaawwwwwl, in 2013 them Barners was cheatin' just like they are now.  And, they was the luckiest team in all of college football.  They know'd that boy stepped out of bounds on that there Kick 6.  Whutchu thank, Paaawwwl?
Did you know that Gus is 22-21 since the Kick 6 against Power 5 teams
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »
Well, did you know there really is an oldest trick in the book?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »
 In today’s coaching ranks that’s probably above par. Maybe even top 20%. I think it also reflects us playing tougher out of conf p5 teams. More so than we used to. And the sec is also the sec. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »
Tre Mason and Nick Marshall was a hell of a combination. Plus, when a defense crashed the box, you could sling it to Sammy Coates and he would catch it 60% of the time.

Then, you just hope to get the ball one more time...
Don't forget that we had Prosch and Robinson leading the way for those two guys.  We don't have that now and haven't had anything close to it since.

Edit:  Thinking back on that....Dismukes, Young, Slade, GR and Kozan was one hell of a line.  If we have that line today, this O would run like a top.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:21:43 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2018, 04:24:57 PM »
Don't forget that we had Prosch and Robinson leading the way for those two guys.  We don't have that now and haven't had anything close to it since.

Edit:  Thinking back on that....Dismukes, Young, Slade, GR and Kozan was one hell of a line.  If we have that line today, this O would run like a top.
I'd trade out Slade for Braden Smith, if we are playing make-believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
I'd trade out Slade for Braden Smith, if we are playing make-believe.
I would too.  I was just looking at the 2013 OL.  Smith was definitely better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »

So...... 
Wrong. I stated that the OLine was one of the main problems on offense, back in 2012, and it was.

I did defense OC Loeffler for two posts, but more so as a QB Coach. I felt he was in over his head as a OC & QB Coach.

Like I said yesterday... Fix the OLine, fix most of the offensive's problems. When your RB is having to do a spin move as soon as he receives the handoff, and one lineman is looking back at the RB, because his man is blowing up the backfield, that's a major problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »

I definitely agree. Slade did get better in his Senior season, but I would take Braden Smith over Slade all day long. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
Agree for the most part with the conversation but the problem as I see it is with recruiting. 

YES we have tremendous skill players but think back to what was returning on the offensive line after Cam left for the NFL.
And beyond that if you recall, we soon found out that we sucked at linebacker and defensive tackle.

Now we have the same situation occurring again where we lack a push in the run game, especially creating seams for longer gains that extend drives.

I honestly believe Gus alternately cheats position groups in order to stockpile offensive skill players, mostly wide receivers.
It can work HOWEVER if there are injuries, transfers or kids leaving that just exacerbates the problem.

Interested in knowing what the rest of you think because I say it's the main reason we lack overall consistency as a team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions