Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »
Sorry dude but your arky contact is full of shit. They are trying to save face for getting turned down. “He didn’t fire us. We quit”. Lame. Tell him he needs to get laid more. Gus had a legit offer in front of him from the hogs. No one plays with that kind of fire for shits n giggles mind games.
They didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:32 PM »
Sorry dude but your arky contact is full of shit. They are trying to save face for getting turned down. “He didn’t fire us. We quit”. Lame. Tell him he needs to get laid more. Gus had a legit offer in front of him from the hogs. No one plays with that kind of fire for shits n giggles mind games.
I don't make the news I just report it.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
I don't make the news I just report it. 
 And today from retard asshole land.....some news from a Hog fan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
Whether Pruitt is seeing the plays before they happen or not, I don't know.   Ignoring that, there's something even more disconcerting in this video.  

https://twitter.com/i/status/1052309757921505280

Stidham starts looking where he's going to throw before he even gets the ball in his hand.  Maybe it's just a quick read or something and maybe I'm just so disillusioned I'm seeing ghosts where none exist, but it appears to me that he's flat out telegraphing the play.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2018, 09:27:29 AM »
Whether Pruitt is seeing the plays before they happen or not, I don't know.  Ignoring that, there's something even more disconcerting in this video. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1052309757921505280

Stidham starts looking where he's going to throw before he even gets the ball in his hand.  Maybe it's just a quick read or something and maybe I'm just so disillusioned I'm seeing ghosts where none exist, but it appears to me that he's flat out telegraphing the play. 

Thats how the story all ties together. You see it. I see it. A good defensive coach like Pruitt certainly saw it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »
The Plainsman goes Beastmode on Gus

Tennessee loss should be last straw for Gus Malzahn
By SUMNER MARTIN | SPORTS WRITER

[justify]Gus Malzahn is the man without a plan, only Auburn figured it out one year too late.[/justify]
[justify]
After dropping its third SEC game out of four to unranked Tennessee — a team which hadn’t won a conference game in its last 11 tries — at home Saturday afternoon, Auburn fell out of the AP Top 25 for the first time in two years.
[/justify]
[justify]
And just like that, the season is over for most Auburn fans.
[/justify]
[justify]The Tigers entered the season at No. 9 in the country with returning talent across the board, on offense and defense, and hope of building on last year’s SEC West crown.[/justify]
[justify]
Instead, Auburn is 4-3, tallying another loss to LSU in which they led by double-digits in the fourth quarter, and back-to-back losses to unranked teams in Mississippi State and Tennessee. Two of those losses also came inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.
[/justify]
[justify]There aren’t any more excuses left for the $49-million coach.[/justify]
[justify]
Rewind to last October. The Tigers had just blown a 20-point lead in Death Valley for their second loss of the season and Malzahn, as he seems to be every other year, was one loss away from losing his job.
[/justify]
But, Malzahn leaned on Kerryon Johnson and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele’s defense to carry him to an SEC Championship game, only to get run over by Georgia, 28-7.

Auburn then signed Malzahn to a seven-year, $49 million extension, making him the fifth-highest paid head coach in college football.

The only four coaches that have higher salaries are Nick Saban at Alabama, Urban Meyer at Ohio State, Jim Harbaugh at Michigan and Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M.

One name doesn’t belong in that upper echelon of college football coaches.

Apart from a fortunate national championship run in 2013, Malzahn simply hasn’t gotten the job done.

He has lost at least four games in each season since his first year at the helm, and has a 1-4 record in bowl games with Auburn. The lone win was against Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl three years ago, which capped a 7-6 season.

The other results include losses in the Outback, Sugar and Peach Bowls. Overall, Malzahn is 49-25 at Auburn.

In fact, since the “Kick Six” victory in the 2013 Iron Bowl, Malzahn in 22-23 against Power 5 opponents.

Six years as a head coach is more than enough time to build your program. Malzahn is in his sixth year and looks as lost as ever.

This year specifically is as bad as its been for the so-called offensive guru. The offense failed to rush for over 100 yards in three straight games for the first time since 1999, and ranks 93rd in total offense, coming in behind Tulane, Connecticut and Temple.

This isn’t a new thing, either. The offensive struggles have been a constant each year since 2014. Whether it was Sean White, Jeremy Johnson or Jarrett Stidham, it didn’t seem to matter.

Whether it was Rhett Lashlee or Chip Lindsey, same problems arose. Making more coordinator changes won’t solve the real problem, which is Malzahn himself.

Malzahn has shown over and over again that he will not adjust, and he will not give up on his failing offensive system.
Auburn was desperate and panicked last year, signing Malzahn to a long-term contract thinking he was the best they could get.

They were wrong and will have to pay over $32 million for him to leave.

Rumblings of a divided locker room and a lack of leadership have begun to surface this week, and with Texas A&M, Georgia and Alabama still left on the schedule, the Tigers are in question of even making a bowl game this season.

It’s time to give up on Gus Malzahn.

The head coach said in his postgame press conference after the Tennessee loss that the team still has a "whole lot to play for."
That’s true, but he shouldn’t be a part of it.

https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2018/10/azgf0m3n2aimspb

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »
That folks, is what is known as bringing the pain from the hometown newspaper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2018, 10:19:29 AM »
That folks, is what is known as bringing the pain from the hometown newspaper.
Gus got punked by a college kid named Sumner. Ouch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »
Image result for Damn memes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »
The Plainsman goes Beastmode on Gus
The National Enquirer of Auburn University. Hard to find people who hate Auburn more than the staff of The Plainsman each year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »
The National Enquirer of Auburn University. Hard to find people who hate Auburn more than the staff of The Plainsman each year.
I never know which side you're on.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

Agree that for some reason the Plainsman is rarely pro Auburn.  That thing spawned that disgusting Jabba troll Selena who has no concept of truth (just ask Duke) and it's also home to one of the biggest morons I've ever encountered, John Carvalho.  Total assbag.  I have zero respect for him, his teachings or his opinions.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »

Agree that for some reason the Plainsman is rarely pro Auburn.  That thing spawned that disgusting Jabba troll Selena who has no concept of truth (just ask Duke) and it's also home to one of the biggest morons I've ever encountered, John Carvalho.  Total assbag.  I have zero respect for him, his teachings or his opinions. 
First off he doesn't know what side he is on either.....The funds for gender reassignment have not come through as of yet.

Secondly, why the fuck can't we get Selena to dig some dirt up on Gus now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:01 AM »
First off he doesn't know what side he is on either.....The funds for gender reassignment have not come through as of yet.

Secondly, why the fuck can't we get Selena to dig some dirt up on Gus now?
I'd rather keep wacky Gus for 20 more years than have that toad schlubbing around in Auburn again.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2018, 10:53:14 AM »

Agree with every bit of this. 

I go back and forth and slash on Auburn. Having been a fan my whole life, I have so much to love about the sports euphoria of it all. Having worked there a dozen years, I can't unknow a lot of things about how weird the place really is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2018, 10:53:59 AM »

Friggin Obamacare!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »
So, now everyone else is finally seeing what we saw in 2014?
We're so 3008...they're so 2000 and late
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2018, 10:58:21 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »
Gotta' get that Boom Boom Boom
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2018, 11:14:29 AM »
Auburn’s Gus Malzahn doesn’t feel like he’s coaching for his job

AUBURN — Naturally, the question came up during Gus Malzahn’s weekly news conference on Tuesday.
“It’s weird to think you’re seven games into this contract,” one reporter said, “but I have to ask you, do you feel you’re playing for your job at this point? That your performing for your job?”
Malzahn’s answer was “No.”
“I feel like I’m coaching for my players for the next game,” the sixth-year head coach continued. “We have to finish this thing the right way. I really expect us to do it. Are we disappointed? Yes, we’re disappointed, I’m disappointed and our players are disappointed, I know our fans are disappointed, but we have to get through this and we are going to get through it. The way you get through it is finish strong, and that’s what we’re going to do.”

It seems like a crazy question to ask, given that Malzahn is barely more than halfway through the first season of the seven-year, $49-million contract he signed in January. Seventy-five percent of that contract is guaranteed, so if Auburn decided it wanted to make a change after this season, it would owe the coach a buyout of $32.1 million.

But after a 30-24 loss to Tennessee this past Saturday, the Tigers are 4-4 since Malzahn agreed in principle to that contract following last year’s SEC Championship Game and 4-5 since knocking off eventual national champion Alabama in last year’s Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
“I recognize that football and Auburn football and the standing of a coach is a hot topic, considering we’re not really where we want to be and not where we expected to be," athletic director Allen Greene told reporters Monday in Birmingham. “But as I’ve shared with coach, my responsibility is to support him and his team, and we’ll continue doing so.
"Part of our responsibility is to make sure that we’re getting the right things in place, sticking with that process and understanding that this isn’t a week-to-week deal here. I know that fans go up and down depending on the outcome of a game, but it’s our responsibility to really look down the road and make sure that we’re continuing to put the pieces of the puzzle together be successful for a long time.”
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn walks the field after Tiger Walk before the Tennessee game Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala.
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn walks the field after Tiger Walk before the Tennessee game Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala.  (Photo: Julie Bennett)

The Volunteers’ win over Auburn snapped their 11-game losing streak against conference opponents, which dated back to 2016, and gave them their first victory over an SEC West team since 2010.
The Tigers are now 4-3 overall and 1-3 in SEC play with losses to LSU, Mississippi State and Tennessee. On Monday, they fell out of the national rankings, marking the second time of the Malzahn era that they have gone from preseason top 10 in the AP Top 25 Poll to unranked altogether.
If Auburn’s dreams of repeating as SEC West champions weren’t dead after the loss in Starkville, Mississippi, two weeks ago, they certainly are now. Now, the team’s focus turns to getting itself bowl-eligible, which will take at least two wins over the final five games of the regular season.

Those final five games start with a trip to Ole Miss on Saturday and finish with consecutive games against No. 18 Texas A&M, No. 6 Georgia, Liberty and No. 1 Alabama following an Oct. 27 bye.
“I don’t think anybody expect us to be where we’re at. I didn’t, our players didn’t. We’ve been close, and the reality is we are here and you’ve got to own that, and I own it,” Malzahn said. “We’re at a point now where there’s no more championships, but we’re going to play for Auburn, we’re going to play for each other, we’ve got a staff and a group of players that are close and they’re going to keep fighting. We’re going to finish this thing on a positive. We’re going to be as good as we can be moving forward.”
Malzahn promised Tuesday that “there will be some tweaks” made before Saturday’s game in Oxford, Mississippi, though he declined to go into detail about what those might be.
They won’t be to the team’s play-calling hierarchy or at quarterback: Offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey will continue calling the plays, and Jarrett Stidham will continue running the offense despite committing three turnovers against the Volunteers.

Pretty much everything else could on the table.
“We’re going to roll up our sleeves this week,” Malzahn said. “This is a big game for us, obviously, going on the road and get a victory before we get to the off week.
“Our guys are playing extremely hard. They’re competitive. I’m not going to say the ball hasn’t bounced our way, because I believe you create your own fortune and your own success. I’m proud of my team for that, and we just need to figure out a way to take that next step to make the plays and seize the moment when we have the opportunity.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2018, 11:20:54 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions