Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
Thought about this a lot this weekend.  Not mad. Not anything really.  Feel very much like I did back in the Barfield days.  Hope things will get better but don't see how.  Frankly, this is substantially worse than any abominaion Barfield ever shat. 

The problem is that this is so fucked up that there may be no way to unfuck it.  Jay Jacobs is the problem.  He's put us in a situation that is so much worse than probation, worse even than the Penn State debacle. 

Let's look just at football -- ignoring the fact that every revenue sport is worse off than the day that mugging fuckload became AD -- and examine the ways he's fucked us over. 

1) Tuberville. Jacobs didn't like him. According to who you listen to he may have actively worked to undermine him.  This resulted in Tubs becoming an isolationist and closing ranks, keeping only those loyal to him close.  His departure was unceremonious and not befitting of the successful legacy he built at Auburn.
2) Muschamp. Did Jacobs really fuck with his contract leading him to bolt in anger? Rumors persist. If so?  More meddling that damaged the program.
3) The coaching hire.  "We're going to conduct a national search and find the best coach in the country."  Liar.  It's okay if you're just going to go get the guy you liked from church, but don't hand us a shit sandwich and try to pretend it's peanut butter. The lying was condescending.
4) The buyout.  In June of 2011, Jacobs established his legacy by providing a $10 million buyout for Chizik.  The biggest buyout in college athletics.   Yes it drops every year but it's still $3.5 in 2014.  What was this mega buyout for?  To keep all those programs who were after Chizik from getting to him?  * crickets *  Nope.  The buyout was an ego move by the most pompous ass on the Auburn campus -- Jay Dumbfuck Jacobs.  This was Jay's "fuck you" to anybody who doubted his brilliance in hiring Chizik.  it was his ultimate "look at me" moment. 

So what now?  Herbstriet started the national mantra a week or two ago.  Damn the facts.  Forget that Auburn is the second-most successful SEC team over the last 35 years (in wins and losses and winning percentage).  Ignore that no SEC team has more undefeated seasons over the last 35 years than we do.  Just who the hell do we think we are?  We're average fucking Auburn.  We're not Alabama or Florida or LSU.  We're a notch above Mississippi State and now we're going to have the unmitigated gall to be so ungrateful to Chizik that we dare criticize the man who brought us our only successful season in five decades!?!?!?!?!  Just who the fuck do we think we ARE?  Watch for that to be repeated by state and local media repeatedly.   Great opportunity to reinforce that AU is second tier. 

We axe Chizik now and it costs us money.  Not nearly as much as this abortion will cost in lost revenue, but still the perception is there.  And with the national media hammering at our unwarranted sense of entitlement it will be hard to attract anybody with the right combination to unfuck this fuckery.  With Jacobs at the helm?  It likely can't be unfucked at all. 

But let's say it can.  How does it get unfucked? 

One way.   Not giving a shit.  Want to be an elite program?  Act like one.  Give no shits whatsoever.  I hate to use Alabama as an example but they didn't give a shit.  DuBose won the SEC?  Nice.  Fuck you and leave.  Shula won 10 games and had Bama 'back' on the cover of SI?  That's right.  Fuck you and don't let the door hit your legacy ass as you go.   They kept fucking up and kept not giving a shit about what anybody said until they found the right guy for their program.  Didn't give a shit what the media called them or him.

Chizik is not the right guy.  Great offense masked multitudinous problems on defense, off the field and in team management.  We, like Jay the Buffoon, chose not to see what should have been apparent.  We're fans.  He's not.  But he administrates like one.  Like a fan of a man and a fan of his own ego.

This is a fuck of cluster proportions.  We've allowed Jacobs to make a mess so fucking big that Penn State is pointing and laughing.  All they've got is an old guy who fucked little kids, a dead coke bottle coach and 950 years of probation.  We're worse off than they are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
I can't say I disagree on any point.  Let me ask this question in regard to the craptacular defense we have been consistently seeing for the last 4 years?

What is the difference between 2003-04 and now?  Chizik didn't just forget how to play defense or how to get the right people to do so.  Everyone pretty well agrees that CTT was a CEO type of a coach that let his assistants run their respective shows.  Had Chizik just been Roofied too much from the get go?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
I can't say I disagree on any point.  Let me ask this question in regard to the craptacular defense we have been consistently seeing for the last 4 years?

What is the difference between 2003-04 and now?  Chizik didn't just forget how to play defense or how to get the right people to do so.  Everyone pretty well agrees that CTT was a CEO type of a coach that let his assistants run their respective shows.  Had Chizik just been Roofied too much from the get go?

It's player development.

It's not the defensive schemes.  We've heard before that for the last four years, our defense has had to play a lot of zone and give a lot of cushion and not blitz too often because we haven't had the players to do anything else. 

Three years ago, I bought into that.  Two, I bought into it because our offense scored so much that we could afford to play softer, more opportunistic defense.  Last year?  Ok, I'm still on board.  Lots of young talent.  This year?  It's reality. 

The reality is that Chizik doesn't develop players.  That starts with team discipline (not just knowing what to do when someone gets arrested or misses practice or whatever), fostering a desire to improve (not just a desire to win), and carrying out policies consistently (polices that make sense and not silly ones like lining helmets up along the sideline). 

To K's point, Chizik is absolutely right with his tired annual speech.  "This place was great before you got here."

I never liked that pregame speech by the way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Short version

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:43:05 AM »

Name a defensive coordinator under Tuberville who sucked. 

There were people in Texas glad to see Chizik's bend-don't-break philosophy go.  Did he have that same style at AU?  I don't remember.  Doesn't seem so, but I don't know. 

His defenses at ISU were among the worst in the sorry history of that school.  Two of the five worst defenses in the eternity of ISU football were authored by him.   Three of the three worst defenses in Auburn history have his handprints on them. 

You can't ignore 2010.  I understand that.  But you can't ignore everything else either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
Agree with all points.  So with a limited selection of coaches to pick from, do we get rid of Jacobs and get CTT back?  Don't think Dye and Tubbs relationship is all that great, but bringing Tubbs back and giving him full reign might get Dye out of the picture.  It also goes along with the don't give a fuck attitude.

Like it or not CTT has done more for Auburn since Dye.  He rebuilt the program and handled Alabama for years until Jetgate came along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
Agree with all points.  So with a limited selection of coaches to pick from, do we get rid of Jacobs and get CTT back?  Don't think Dye and Tubbs relationship is all that great, but bringing Tubbs back and giving him full reign might get Dye out of the picture.  It also goes along with the don't give a fuck attitude.

Like it or not CTT has done more for Auburn since Dye.  He rebuilt the program and handled Alabama for years until Jetgate came along.

He's already indicated his interest. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »
Let's look just at football -- ignoring the fact that every revenue sport is worse off than the day that mugging fuckload became AD -- and examine the ways he's fucked us over. 

I'm sorry, I can't ignore this.

Look what he did with Swimming.  We had the best fucking coach in the history of swimming, and he wanted an outdoor pool.  Jacobs said no, and he left, in the middle of a dynasty.  This would be like Bryant leaving Alabama in 1974.

Basketball is a fucking joke.  Men's always kinda sucked, but they gave you hope they'd make the NIT, or maybe, just maybe, the NCAA.  Now?  I'm happy if we can return 3 starters from the year before.

We used to consistently make the NCAA tournament in baseball.  Now?  We're lucky if we get to Birmingham for the SEC tournament.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »

You can't ignore 2010.  I understand that.  But you can't ignore everything else either.

I can.  Cam was that good.  No doubt without him we're in Atlanta on new years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
I can.  Cam was that good.  No doubt without him we're in Atlanta on new years.

But as we've all said, even great coaches can fuck up great talent. 

You're right, though.  Without Cam (and the pieces around him) we lose to Clemson. We lose to Georgia. We lose to Arkansas. We lose to LSU.  We lose to Alabama. 

Kentucky and South Carolina were not givens. 

God love Cam Newton and I thank that team for the crystal football, but if he'd been a Bulldog, Chizik would have been fired at the end of last season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
But as we've all said, even great coaches can fuck up great talent. 

You're right, though.  Without Cam (and the pieces around him) we lose to Clemson. We lose to Georgia. We lose to Arkansas. We lose to LSU.  We lose to Alabama. 

Kentucky and South Carolina were not givens. 

God love Cam Newton and I thank that team for the crystal football, but if he'd been a Bulldog, Chizik would have been fired at the end of last season.
He almost did!  He didn't want cam.  Said in his book that he was the best looking defensive line prospect he'd ever seen.  He doesn't recruit juco qbs.  Not part of the blueprint.  Thank god luper talked him into it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »

Seriously, people need to forget Goddamn schemes.  (Unlike Prowler's stupid assertions that this could be solved by having fans "play call" because they're smarter)  This is far bigger.  Every "scheme" we've ever run was Xs and Os sound.  Every "play call" made last Saturday, on paper, was sound.  Chiz hasn't forgotten shit.  He lets his coordinators coach.  It's about how he implements the entire program.  How they practice.  How they prepare.  Nobody questions BVGs "scheme" because it's worked before at this level, yet it's merely mediocre now.  Why?  The whole program is fucked up.  It's an attitude.  A lack of overall aggression.  A lack of fundamental skills.  A lack of what it takes to play high level football. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
He almost did!  He didn't want cam.  Said in his book that he was the best looking defensive line prospect he'd ever seen.  He doesn't recruit juco qbs.  Not part of the blueprint.  Thank god luper talked him into it.
My God you're right. I had misplaced that information conveniently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
Seriously, people need to forget Goddamn schemes.  (Unlike Prowler's stupid assertions that this could be solved by having fans "play call" because they're smarter)  This is far bigger.  Every "scheme" we've ever run was Xs and Os sound.  Every "play call" made last Saturday, on paper, was sound.  Chiz hasn't forgotten shit.  He lets his coordinators coach.  It's about how he implements the entire program.  How they practice.  How they prepare.  Nobody questions BVGs "scheme" because it's worked before at this level, yet it's merely mediocre now.  Why?  The whole program is fucked up.  It's an attitude.  A lack of overall aggression.  A lack of fundamental skills.  A lack of what it takes to play high level football.

The helmets are straight as fuck, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »

Doesn’t bode well for next year. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »

I know what happened.  All else is pure speculation.  There's no speculation needed to know what's going on now either.  What happened, happened.  What is now, is what it is.  They are exclusive of one another. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »
Did you ever think there would come a time when Auburn fans dreaded back to back road trips to Ole MIss and Vandy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:46 PM »
Did you ever think there would come a time when Auburn fans dreaded back to back road trips to Ole MIss and Vandy?

BLUEPRINT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »

It just keeps getting worse...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 01:13:58 PM »
It just keeps getting worse...

Not true.  Worse is being Ole Miss or Vandy.  We know we will come out of the doldrums. Neither of them have been out of it in 30-50 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."