Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
Look back at the 2008 & 2009 signing class...Zero OLinemen signed under CTT, and one signed under CGC (thankfully CGC offered John Sullen late, or we'd been O'fer for the OL position in two signing classes).

We've talked about that, ad nauseum, but it's something to look at reasonably & realistically without the torches and pitch forks.

^^

Another example of the "Blame Tuberville" justification.    Blaming Bush has worked so well for Obama we might as well keep on following that same pattern.

It's total bullshit, BTW. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »
Why is it that Saban comes in has a dismal season, embarrassing loss and then the next year with the #1 recruiting class in the nation plays in the SEC title game, the very next year wins the MNC, won it again in his 5th year, will be winning it again in his 6th, but we suck balls in our fourth year after three highly ranked classes? 

How is Muschamps teams showing improvement every week and have a legit shot in his second year to win the east?  Hasn't he had two OC's in two years now?  His DC had never coached anything but DL at some small colleges and the NFL, surely there had to be a learning curve?

How is Paul Rhoades doing what he is doing at ISU? He is coaching over .500 ball there since he was hired.  The last person to do that was Johnny Majors Earle Bruce, you have to go back to somewhere around the 1920's to find a coach who had a better than .500 record before Bruce.

Hugh Freeze?

Why can these coaches do what they do/are doing and we can't even field a respectable team (and might go 0'fer in the SEC for the first time ever in school history) in year 4.

Yes, I am in meltdown mode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »
Two words:  coach ing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:57 AM »
^^

Another example of the "Blame Tuberville" justification.    Blaming Bush has worked so well for Obama we might as well keep on following that same pattern.

It's total bullshit, BTW.

While tubs last classes were very lacking, it's not the reason for what we are currently seeing with this football team. Prowler is on that bandwagon by himself. There is a much bigger systemic issue going on. Above even chiziks head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
Why is it that Saban comes in has a dismal season, embarrassing loss and then the next year with the #1 recruiting class in the nation plays in the SEC title game, the very next year wins the MNC, won it again in his 5th year, will be winning it again in his 6th, but we suck balls in our fourth year after three highly ranked classes? 

How is Muschamps teams showing improvement every week and have a legit shot in his second year to win the east?  Hasn't he had two OC's in two years now?  His DC had never coached anything but DL at some small colleges and the NFL, surely there had to be a learning curve?

How is Paul Rhoades doing what he is doing at ISU? He is coaching over .500 ball there since he was hired.  The last person to do that was Johnny Majors Earle Bruce, you have to go back to somewhere around the 1920's to find a coach who had a better than .500 record before Bruce.

Hugh Freeze?

Why can these coaches do what they do/are doing and we can't even field a respectable team (and might go 0'fer in the SEC for the first time ever in school history) in year 4.

Yes, I am in meltdown mode.

This^^^ all of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »
Prowler, I'm going to paste a few quotes from an ISU Rivals beat writer's story.  This was published the day after Chizik was hired by AU.  At the time it was published, I dismissed it as severe butthurt.  I mean, ISU just lost out on probably the best coach they could get.  In hindsight, it's pretty accurate.

What the hell Auburn is thinking is anybody's guess. And who cares. Because it just unburdened Iowa State of its most unprepared, overmatched and incompetent head coach of the modern era. Gene Chizik won five games in two years, making him one of the worst head coaches in ISU history.

When he was given the third-highest assistant coach salary pool in the Big 12 and immediately set about hiring his old buddies for jobs they weren't qualified for at a pay rate twice what he could have gotten them for, you knew he was playing head coach instead of actually being one.

Chizik's game day performance speaks for itself and his Saturday state of confusion was boderline comical, if you subscribe to the idea that it's better to laugh than to cry. He might someday have the mental capacity to manage a game as head coach, but it's not there yet. The next opposing coach that Chizik outsmarts will be the first. Without superior athletes, he was rendered impotent as a coach and when all three phases became his ultimate responsibility, he gagged on it.

The Cyclone sideline resembled a fire drill more often than not in crucial situations and the number of delay of game penalties and wasted time outs that could be attributed to him and his staff was a career's worth, not two season's worth.

But when you consider the games that his Iowa State teams choked away against very beatable opponents these last two autumns, even better players might not have mattered. Because the players he had at Iowa State were collectively good enough to go .500 or better in each of his two seasons in Ames. He and his coaching staff were the problem, not the players.

It's nothing short of a blessing that Auburn took him off Iowa State's hands. It was quick and painless and just gives ISU a one-year head start on cleaning up the mess that Chizik created. He never hesitated to let people know how much work there was to be done and what a bad situation he stepped into.

It's Auburn's problem now. While he has a better chance of winning in general there - because he'll have better players - he'll be up against it in a job where so much is riding on one rivalry game a year. Beating Alabama trumps all else at Auburn and Nick Saban will probably floss with Gene Chizik on an annual basis. It's a coaching mismatch of epic proportions. I mean, if Mike Sanford and Tom Amstutz and Doug Martin hand you your lunch with inferior talent, what's Saban going to do with superior talent?

Good luck, Auburn, you'll need it.
Sound familiar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
I'm going to puke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
I am crying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
Two words:  coach ing
Thanks Mr. Killington.   :( 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 12:41:35 PM »
Thanks Mr. Killington.   :(

I'll be perfectly honest...if I couldn't be Mr. Jokey McJokerson right now, I'd be crying my eyes out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »
I really wish I had Weskie's job right now....so I could drink my lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »
I really wish I had Weskie's job right now....so I could drink my lunch.

Wes is on the Slim-Fast diet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Wes is on the Slim-Fast diet?

A shake shot for lunch, then a sensible dinner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »
Holy shit. The resident inbred goat fucker gets this situation more than prowler. That Iowa state writeup was spot on.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
I'll be perfectly honest...if I couldn't be Mr. Jokey McJokerson right now, I'd be crying my eyes out.

Me too, this is worse than any team I have ever watched at Auburn and it makes me sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
Me too, this is worse than any team I have ever watched at Auburn and it makes me sad.

I really thought it couldn't get any worse than the abortion I saw in 1998...but it has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
Holy shit. The resident inbred goat fucker gets this situation more than prowler. That Iowa state writeup was spot on.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  There simply is no other explanation.  It's so similar to the Shula situation at Alabama, except that Shula didn't have the talent that Chizik has.  By year 4, you should have an idea of your team's identity, and what the expectation for results should be each year.  Auburn fans can lay claim to neither.  I'm not so sure that Shula ball was even this bad.  It looked like a monkey fucking a football.  Auburn looks like a football fucking a monkey.  Shula even gave Alabama fans one good year, but it isn't worth it if you look totally inept the other three IMO.  Blind squirrel, nut, etc. 

I just don't know what it takes to convince somebody that there is a root cause to all of the other problems.  There is no way that the article that was written could be THAT accurate if they didn't know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  There simply is no other explanation.  It's so similar to the Shula situation at Alabama, except that Shula didn't have the talent that Chizik has.  By year 4, you should have an idea of your team's identity, and what the expectation for results should be each year.  Auburn fans can lay claim to neither.  I'm not so sure that Shula ball was even this bad.  It looked like a monkey fucking a football.  Auburn looks like a football fucking a monkey.  Shula even gave Alabama fans one good year, but it isn't worth it if you look totally inept the other three IMO.  Blind squirrel, nut, etc. 

I just don't know what it takes to convince somebody that there is a root cause to all of the other problems.  There is no way that the article that was written could be THAT accurate if they didn't know.

Shula was a temp agency hire.  They had to find someone loyal yet stupid enough to take the job for a few lean years before they came out of the doldrums of probation.  He served his purpose, and even exceeded overall expectations if you ask my opinion.

When Chizik was hired, there was no probation or rumor of probation that hung over him.  Whomever Auburn hired at that point should have been the one to take Auburn to the "next level."  That is why the Chizik hire was surprising and disappointing from the get-go.  Then, he somehow defied all probability by winning it all in 2010, which clouded 96% of Auburn fans' judgement.  That number may be low even...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »

I can't get over that article.  It's damn near ruined my day. 

If Chizik left tomorrow, I really think I would have written an article identical to that one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »
I can't get over that article.  It's damn near ruined my day. 

Ditto. And that's considering the fact that I read it then. I can't believe I forgot it...especially when every sentence is so horribly familiar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She