Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »
Fix the OL (find a RG who doesn't suck & a RT who knows what the fucking plays are), cut out most of the drive killing penalties and cut down half of the turnovers...we're 4-1 right now.

Patience is still with me (only one coach that I'd like to see replaced right now and that's DL Coach Mike Pelton, Coach Rocker wouldn't stand for the garbage that's been on display at the DT position).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it ALWAYS starts up front...if you have horrible OL play, it does not matter who you have in the backfield (you could have Cam, Heath Evans & Bo in the backfield, it wouldn't matter if you have horrible OL play).

Fixing the OL (get a RG that plays mad and get a RT that knows who the fuck to block) will fix the Offense.

And yes, before anyone trys to post, the OL isn't the problem, should go back and watch the game...watch the OL only (watch how they were the cause of two turnovers and half the sacks).

Fix the OL, fix the Offense.

I'm losing my patience on the OL.

What makes you think anyone on this coaching staff can fix the OL problems? Serious question. Has this staff developed anyone that can compete at a high level?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 07:56:34 PM »
I think everyone with a brain had a tinge of doubt.

We were pissed about the defense in 2010.  I remember that.  I remember thinking early on that Cam looked great, but the defense still had issues stopping a pee wee football team.  But then Cam was so exciting that you didn't care.  Arkansas is scoring at will with a 2nd string quarterback?  So what?  Just more chances for Cam Newton to be amazing. 
But make no mistake...the defense was no more than average in 2010.  And no one could confidently say that the defense was looking as if it could improve.

In fact, I remember having discussions here about the possibility of firing Ted Roof even after winning a national championship.  The consensus was that we couldn't, and that helped us excuse the clusterfudge that was last season. 

No more excuses now.  That tinge of doubt?  It's burning the building down.
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:03 PM »
What makes you think anyone on this coaching staff can fix the OL problems? Serious question. Has this staff developed anyone that can compete at a high level?
Yes, they have... TE Phillip Lutzenkirchen, WR Emory Blake, RB Mike Dyer, DE Dee Ford, DE Corey Lemonier, OT Brandon Moseley, LB Daren Bates (he'll be a Safety if he joins the NFL), WR Darvin Adams, RB Ontario McCalebb, LB Josh Bynes..that's about it (the others were either already improving before Coach Chizik and staff got here or they just didn't improve).

IMO, I'd move Slade to his natural position (Tackle) and bring in Alex Kozan at RG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2012, 08:13:44 PM »
I think everyone with a brain had a tinge of doubt.

We were pissed about the defense in 2010.  I remember that.  I remember thinking early on that Cam looked great, but the defense still had issues stopping a pee wee football team.  But then Cam was so exciting that you didn't care.  Arkansas is scoring at will with a 2nd string quarterback?  So what?  Just more chances for Cam Newton to be amazing. 

But make no mistake...the defense was no more than average in 2010.  And no one could confidently say that the defense was looking as if it could improve.

In fact, I remember having discussions here about the possibility of firing Ted Roof even after winning a national championship.  The consensus was that we couldn't, and that helped us excuse the clusterfuck that was last season. 

No more excuses now.  That tinge of doubt?  It's burning the building down.
The Defense is getting better, if you can't see that, then maybe you should take off your ”everything is shit” glasses...it's not that hard to see that most of the problem resides on the other side of the ball. Shitty OL play combined with below average QB play (Frazier wasn't the main problem, as evident to the 2nd snap that Moseley took when he got planted by a untouched DE (Miller's man)).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
Fix the OL (find a RG who doesn't suck & a RT who knows what the fucking plays are), cut out most of the drive killing penalties and cut down half of the turnovers...we're 4-1 right now.

No. 

Even when Frazier has time he cannot make a decision or makes the wrong one.  Moseley can go fuck himself with a rusty screwdriver after I saw him cringe like a cur dog when the rush was coming.  He didn't step up to avoid the sack.  He didn't take advantage of the space in the middle. He didn't stand in and take the hit while doing his job.  He fucking cowered.  And when he finally realized the guy rushing wasn't as fast as he thought, when he didn't get pounded after the cringe, he wobbled up and staggered backward to lose even more fucking yardage.  Fuck him.  I hope I never see him again.   That's not OL, Prowler, that's pathetic prep of the QB.

Patience is still with me (only one coach that I'd like to see replaced right now and that's DL Coach Mike Pelton, Coach Rocker wouldn't stand for the garbage that's been on display at the DT position).

Yeah and we half pushed Rocker out the door. Why?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it ALWAYS starts up front...if you have horrible OL play, it does not matter who you have in the backfield (you could have Cam, Heath Evans & Bo in the backfield, it wouldn't matter if you have horrible OL play).

Fixing the OL (get a RG that plays mad and get a RT that knows who the fuck to block) will fix the Offense.

And yes, before anyone trys to post, ”the OL isn't the problem,” should go back and watch the game...watch the OL only (watch how they were the cause of two turnovers and half the sacks) and realize that it has been that way since '11 ('11 LT AJ Greene & LG Chad Slade, '12 RG Chad Slade and RT Patrick Miller)

Fix the OL, fix a majority of the Offense problems.

You are barking at the wrong dog.   Period. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »
The Defense is getting better, if you can't see that, then maybe you should take off your ”everything is shit” glasses...it's not that hard to see that most of the problem resides on the other side of the ball. Shitty OL play combined with below average QB play (Frazier wasn't the main problem, as evident to the 2nd snap that Moseley took when he got planted by a untouched DE (Miller's man)).

Hate to tell you this but LSU's offense is woebegone shit.  So is Arkansas'.   They scored zero on Bama and 10 on A&M. 

Defense is getting better?  Prove it.   

Even as sorry as Arkansas is/was we had a chance in that game.  Scored to be close enough to make a difference.  And the defense promptly gives up a soul killing drive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »

And yes, before anyone trys to post, ”the OL isn't the problem,” should go back and watch the game...watch the OL only (watch how they were the cause of two turnovers and half the sacks) and realize that it has been that way since '11 ('11 LT AJ Greene & LG Chad Slade, '12 RG Chad Slade and RT Patrick Miller)

Fix the OL, fix a majority of the Offense problems.

It is so much more than just the O line.  I have watched 5 games, even when the line is blocking our QB holds onto the ball until the blocking does give in, they don't make reads and they make piss poor decisions.  Our O coordinated couldn't call himself out of a paper bag.  We run the ball pretty effective with Mason/Prosch duo yet they play very little.  When we are running the ball well we shoot ourselves in the foot with a penalty or some stupid ass play.  He never sets up play action off of the run when Mason tears the D for 8 to 10 yards, instead does a straight drop pass.

Our team is poorly coached, underdeveloped, and does not have the want to win or even get better.  On defense we should be playing with at least 16 guys subbing in and out the entire game yet the same 11 get the majority of playing time.  The team is not disciplined and coaching is terrible, I'm tired of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

jmar

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »
Yes, they have... TE Phillip Lutzenkirchen, WR Emory Blake, RB Mike Dyer, DE Dee Ford, DE Corey Lemonier, OT Brandon Moseley, LB Daren Bates (he'll be a Safety if he joins the NFL), WR Darvin Adams, RB Ontario McCalebb, LB Josh Bynes..that's about it (the others were either already improving before Coach Chizik and staff got here or they just didn't improve).

IMO, I'd move Slade to his natural position (Tackle) and bring in Alex Kozan at RG.
On the OL...Grimes was supposed to be the one we stole from Mack Brown, one of the best in the biz. (never raises his voice so I read) I just wonder how Trickett would have responded by the second quarter of the MSU game, or if he could have survived it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
Fuck excuses. That's all I gotz to say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
A bunch of bullshit that will completely change after every loss.
It's year 4 and this conversation is taking place.  Either you don't understand the problem, or you're taking the shotgun approach and just naming everything possible under the sun.  It's very simple.  These are the same problems that have plagued Auburn football for 4 years.  Even through different coordinators, you are seeing the same problems as years prior. You're seeing the same problems that ISU folks saw in Ames.  You can tweak this or that all day long, but I suspect that you will get the same results.  What you are seeing on the field now is a systematic failure at nearly every level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »

The players you mentioned were either largely developed by the previous staff, or  have stagnated or regressed under this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »
It's year 4 and this conversation is taking place.  Either you don't understand the problem, or you're taking the shotgun approach and just naming everything possible under the sun.  It's very simple.  These are the same problems that have plagued Auburn football for 4 years.  Even through different coordinators, you are seeing the same problems as years prior. You're seeing the same problems that ISU folks saw in Ames.  You can tweak this or that all day long, but I suspect that you will get the same results.  What you are seeing on the field now is a systematic failure at nearly every level.
OL wasn't a problem in 2009, nor was it a problem in 2010 (it became a problem last year and it's even more of a problem this year...take a second to think about that).

If we would've landed Coach Van Gorder in 2009 instead of Coach Roof, Defense wouldn't be a problem right now. The Defense is getting better, CBVG's Defense takes a while to get used to...especially coming off of Coach Roof's Defense.

I know one of the reasons why the OL is a problem now and a few here isn't going to want to hear it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
OL wasn't a problem in 2009, nor was it a problem in 2010 (it became a problem last year and it's even more of a problem this year...take a second to think about that).

If we would've landed Coach Van Gorder in 2009 instead of Coach Roof, Defense wouldn't be a problem right now. The Defense is getting better, CBVG's Defense takes a while to get used to...especially coming off of Coach Roof's Defense.

I know one of the reasons why the OL is a problem now and a few here isn't going to want to hear it.

WTF? Let's hear it already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »

Play calling, and not playing players you've never seen play, but know must be better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 12:14:49 AM »

You keep speaking of how complicated BVG's defense is, and how it's like learning Greek compared to Roof's.  However, there doesn't really appear to be anything different about it.  I haven't seen any extravagant blitz packages, any crazy coverages, etc.  What is SO special about it that it takes a Harvard grad to learn it?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »
All of these changes you suggest all of these problems, you still don't see that it begins and ends with Chizik?  In your infinite wisdom you think these changes are the answer but the coaches obviously don't.   Yet you don't question them, you get mad at us for pointing them out.  And Kaos is right fixing the OL isn't going to end our problems.

Even my 65 year old mother can see the fundamental problems and lack of discipline with this team.

The buck stops at Chizik, he has had time to fix things, they aren't getting better.  He wants to continue coaching he needs to pony up about 3 million of his salary back to Auburn cause he isn't worth it. All the coaches you blame Chizik hired every one of them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:18:33 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »
Play calling, and not playing players you've never seen play, but know must be better?
He knows all you haven't learned that yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:54 AM »
WTF? Let's hear it already.
Look back at the 2008 & 2009 signing class...Zero OLinemen signed under CTT, and one signed under CGC (thankfully CGC offered John Sullen late, or we'd been O'fer for the OL position in two signing classes).

We've talked about that, ad nauseum, but it's something to look at reasonably & realistically without the torches and pitch forks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »
Look back at the 2008 & 2009 signing class...Zero OLinemen signed under CTT, and one signed under CGC (thankfully CGC offered John Sullen late, or we'd been O'fer for the OL position in two signing classes).

We've talked about that, ad nauseum, but it's something to look at reasonably & realistically without the torches and pitch forks.
Dj flukes, Barrett douchebag, chance woman, and Cyrus Kramer all played as or are playing as sophomores and redshirt freshmen.  Youth is not an excuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »

Prove it. 

Arkansas managed 10 on Texas A&M and didn't score on Bama.
LSU struggled to put points up against TOWSON and then barely had a pulse against Florida.

We've played two abysmally shit-filled offenses over the last two weeks.  How can you legitimately say there is improvement when you have no contrast?  Those two bumble fucks couldn't get out of their own way and STILL scored enough to win. 

Arkansas won't have a winning season.  LSU is going to lose three or four games at least.  Because they SUCK offensively. 

We suck more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions