Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is fucked cannot be unfucked

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »
An article by ESPN during coverage of the Big 12's media days in 2010:
IRVING, Texas -- If you're looking for reasons why Iowa State vaulted from five total victories in two years under Gene Chizik to seven victories in one season under Paul Rhoads, here's a big one:

Tackling.

"It was horrible," Rhoads said.

So horrible, in fact, that rudimentary tackling had to be retaught.

"The first time we put on pads that first spring, we had to shut practice down for about 15 minutes and go back to Tackling 101," Rhoads said. "We got their attention, and I think they've improved greatly as a tackling football team."

Rhoads didn't want to toss Chizik -- a hugely successful defensive coordinator before becoming a head coach -- and his staff directly under the bus. So he explained that there are different ways to teach tackling -- successful coordinators can disagree on methodology.

According to Rhoads, the methodology under Chizik involved flying full speed at ball carriers more than hitting with form and balance. That might have worked better with star athletes at Texas (Chizik's last stop before Ames) than it did with less-gifted players at Iowa State.

"We control ourselves before we're in a hitting situation," Rhoads said. "So if a ball carrier makes a move, we're not tackling air like a cartoon character."

Last season Iowa State allowed 21.8 points per game, down from 35.8 in 2008 and 31.8 in 2007 under Chizik.
Any of this sounding familiar, Prowler?  I wonder how BVG's defense is so much different than Roof's, and how it is so incredibly difficult to learn.  I wonder how much of that defense is actually BVG's, if it is a mix of his and Chizik's, or if he was told "This is the defense we run. Here's the playbook."  The general philosophy and technique of the defense seems very similar to previous years.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
I can't get over that article.  It's damn near ruined my day. 

If Chizik left tomorrow, I really think I would have written an article identical to that one.

Except we'd be forking out 7M to get rid of him, not getting paid because some school wants to hire him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
I've puke three times during this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
I can't get over that article.  It's damn near ruined my day. 

If Chizik left tomorrow, I really think I would have written an article identical to that one.
I think I recall reading the article and dismissed it as sour grapes.
It's very hard to stomach being the Iowa State of the SEC...at least potentially.
Rhodes has coached up Chizik's players to respectability.
I keep wondering how bad one has to be to squander this much talent? 
Gerry Faust at N.D. maybe.
That poor guy was in way over his head too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
I've puke three times during this thread.

wrong thread...this isn't the live and let diet thread.  unless it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2012, 06:47:33 PM »
Rhodes has coached up Chizik's players to respectability.

And that is why I'm okay with cutting ties with Chizik.  We bring in a coach that knows what he's doing?  We'll be fine in a few years.  Maybe not winning crystal balls, but at least competitive, which is all I care about anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »
And that is why I'm okay with cutting ties with Chizik.  We bring in a coach that knows what he's doing?  We'll be fine in a few years.  Maybe not winning crystal balls, but at least competitive, which is all I care about anymore.
http://georgiasports.blogspot.com/2008/12/auburn-coaching-search-rumors-and.html
Then there's this. Some search huh?
Check out some of the comments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »
Keep posting Iowa State articles bammer...the Auburn fans here that want everyone fired yesterday, not tomorrow, will lap it up and use it for more full to their torches. Not me, though. I couldn't care less what happened at ISU and no, the situation isn't similar. My Cyrstal Replica tells me that it will be corrected, just like when Coach Chizik corrected the defensive situation (remember the bowl game against Virginia? The defense looked a lot better than the previous 12 games). Now they're learning CBVG's NFL scheme, which takes time to get a handle on...like I said before it's not the defense that's the problem anymore (they're getting better and they'll continue to get better), it's the OL, QB and at times, the play calling, that's the problem (first thing to do in our situation on Offense is to fix the OL, move some guys around, find a better set of five than what we have at this time, if that can't be accomplished, then call plays that will hide our deficiencies on the OL...like some God Damn ROLL THE POCKET passes, quick slants, quick outs, screens, etc., etc.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
Keep posting Iowa State articles bammer...the Auburn fans here that want everyone fired yesterday, not tomorrow, will lap it up and use it for more full to their torches. Not me, though. I couldn't care less what happened at ISU and no, the situation isn't similar. My Cyrstal Replica tells me that it will be corrected, just like when Coach Chizik corrected the defensive situation (remember the bowl game against Virginia? The defense looked a lot better than the previous 12 games). Now they're learning CBVG's NFL scheme, which takes time to get a handle on...like I said before it's not the defense that's the problem anymore (they're getting better and they'll continue to get better), it's the OL, QB and at times, the play calling, that's the problem (first thing to do in our situation on Offense is to fix the OL, move some guys around, find a better set of five than what we have at this time, if that can't be accomplished, then call plays that will hide our deficiencies on the OL...like some God Damn ROLL THE POCKET passes, quick slants, quick outs, screens, etc., etc.)
If you can just ignore those articles and think that they are irrelevant, then you're stupid.  Flat out stupid.  They're pointing out the EXACT SAME THINGS that AU has had issues with since Chizik came to Auburn.  Issues that were around even in 2010.  I mean, it's like somebody wrote it this morning. 

How does BVG's defense differ so greatly from what Roof ran?  What about the new defense makes it so difficult to learn?  I haven't seen any crazy blitz packages.  I haven't seen any deceptive coverages, I haven't seen any trickery.  It's just traditional basic stuff.  It doesn't really look any different at all than what Roof ran.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
If you can just ignore those articles and think that they are irrelevant, then you're stupid.  Flat out stupid.     

I didn't have to read past this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »
If you can just ignore those articles and think that they are irrelevant, then you're stupid.  Flat out stupid.  They're pointing out the EXACT SAME THINGS that AU has had issues with since Chizik came to Auburn.  Issues that were around even in 2010.  I mean, it's like somebody wrote it this morning. 

How does BVG's defense differ so greatly from what Roof ran?  What about the new defense makes it so difficult to learn?  I haven't seen any crazy blitz packages.  I haven't seen any deceptive coverages, I haven't seen any trickery.  It's just traditional basic stuff.  It doesn't really look any different at all than what Roof ran.     
Actuallt gump Auburn's D is giving up a TD less now than it was with the fuck stick Ted Roof. Btw, Prowler is right about the dumbass ISU articles. Maybe I missed something but when a coach usually leaves one place for another, the place he is leaving doesn't lick their balls on the way out. The guy is a fucking writer for ISU. Who the hell do you think he is gonna cater his opinion to? Btw, your midget coach didn't get exactly a ringing endorsement when he left Miami. Does that make all the shit that was said about him true?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »
Actuallt gump Auburn's D is giving up a TD less now than it was with the fuck stick Ted Roof. Btw, Prowler is right about the dumbass ISU articles. Maybe I missed something but when a coach usually leaves one place for another, the place he is leaving doesn't lick their balls on the way out. The guy is a fucking writer for ISU. Who the hell do you think he is gonna cater his opinion to? Btw, your midget coach didn't get exactly a ringing endorsement when he left Miami. Does that make all the shit that was said about him true?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
Auburn just landed Homerun hire with Coach Loeffler and all you fuckers want to try and tear him down before he coaches his first game at Auburn.

At first I wasn't sure about Loeffler, I was kinda meh...but after reading comments from people that know what they're talking about, I think Auburn just landed a Diamond in rough. I'm interested to hear some statements from the recruits that meet him. I gotta feeling that he's going to do real well in the prospect's livingroom.
Loeffler was the next coming of Jesus pre-season.  But now 6 weeks in, he may be in over his head according to you.  But in year 4, there is no way possible that Chizik is in over his head because he won it all 2 years ago.  Your reasoning is that every 4 years, as long as 1 of those years is a really good season, it is OK to be shitty the other 3?  I don't get it.

I guess Alabama owes Mike Shula an apology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »
My Cyrstal Replica tells me that it will be corrected, just like when Coach Chizik corrected the defensive situation (remember the bowl game against Virginia? The defense looked a lot better than the previous 12 games). Now they're learning CBVG's NFL scheme, which takes time to get a handle on...like I said before it's not the defense that's the problem anymore (they're getting better and they'll continue to get better), it's the OL, QB and at times, the play calling, that's the problem (first thing to do in our situation on Offense is to fix the OL, move some guys around, find a better set of five than what we have at this time, if that can't be accomplished, then call plays that will hide our deficiencies on the OL...like some God Damn ROLL THE POCKET passes, quick slants, quick outs, screens, etc., etc.)

Lawd, I hope so cause I love CGC as a person and a coach. "We gon runda ball."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
Like I said before, I also thought it was sour grapes at the time.  But four years later, it appears as if results have validated that article. 

As far as Saban goes, you would have to give me specifics.  Alot of shit was said by alot of people.  I'm sure some of them were right.  I'm sure some of them were wrong.  I don't think anybody ever doubted his ability to coach college ball, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »
^^

Another example of the "Blame Tuberville" justification.    Blaming Bush has worked so well for Obama we might as well keep on following that same pattern.

It's total bullshit, BTW.
No it's not ”total bullshit”. Whenever you have a TWO YEAR gap, you will have a ”down year” at that position...especially on the OL where strength means more than anything. That gap started last year and the gap is still showing this year. It's really not that fucking hard to see. Also, yes CTT screwed the pooch at recruiting OL for two years straight, that's not up for debate and is something that I was pointing out, because this season the OL is one of, if not, the reason why the Offense looks like warmed up dog shit. And it's one of the reasons why Coach Chizik is having to get involved on that side of the ball, more so than he'd like to (yes, Coach Chizik lets his coordinators do what they're paid to do unless he realizes they're having trouble).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 11:20:10 PM »
No it's not ”total bullshit”. Whenever you have a TWO YEAR gap, you will have a ”down year” at that position...especially on the OL where strength means more than anything. That gap started last year and the gap is still showing this year. It's really not that fucking hard to see. Also, yes CTT screwed the pooch at recruiting OL for two years straight, that's not up for debate and is something that I was pointing out, because this season the OL is one of, if not, the reason why the Offense looks like warmed up dog shit. And it's one of the reasons why Coach Chizik is having to get involved on that side of the ball, more so than he'd like to (yes, Coach Chizik lets his coordinators do what they're paid to do unless he realizes they're having trouble).
Next time you talk to Chizik tell him I said hey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 11:25:38 PM »
Loeffler was the next coming of Jesus pre-season.  But now 6 weeks in, he may be in over his head according to you.  But in year 4, there is no way possible that Chizik is in over his head because he won it all 2 years ago.  Your reasoning is that every 4 years, as long as 1 of those years is a really good season, it is OK to be shitty the other 3?  I don't get it.

I guess Alabama owes Mike Shula an apology.
When the fuck did I say anything even remotely about Coach Loeffler being the ”second coming”? I stated then, all I'll state it again, that he's one of the top QB Coaches in the Country (didn't say a fucking thing about coordinating abilities, besides that we would finally run some smashmouth I Formation football). I'll also repeat what I stated earlier, maybe he's in over his head having to do two things at once (concentrate on working with the QBs and have someone help him with the game planning). Stop making up shit, you inbred goat fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
Next time you talk to Chizik tell him I said hey.
It's not that fucking hard to see that Coach Chizik lets his Coordinators do their thing, unless their thing is a problem...that's when he steps in to help.  Still not sure why the fuck you keep saying that stupid shit about me being in the huddle or talking to Coach Chizik. Is it because I post what I've noticed when watching games and the Auburn show or what I've seen being posted from people that actually have inside knowledge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
When the fuck did I say anything even remotely about Coach Loeffler being the ”second coming”? I stated then, all I'll state it again, that he's one of the top QB Coaches in the Country (didn't say a fucking thing about coordinating abilities, besides that we would finally run some smashmouth I Formation football). I'll also repeat what I stated earlier, maybe he's in over his head having to do two things at once (concentrate on working with the QBs and have someone help him with the game planning). Stop making up shit, you inbred goat fucker.
You backpedal worse than Dre Kirkpatrick.  You really expect me to believe that when making the post that I quoted from January, you really meant that AU landed a homerun QB coach only, but not a good OC?  That's what it meant in Prowler-speak?  If Chizik intentionally hired a guy that is a good QB coach, but it was obvious he was going to be a horrible OC, then why would he allow him to handle the OC duties?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:46:42 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions