No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: What is fucked cannot be unfucked
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
Name a defensive coordinator under Tuberville who sucked. 

There were people in Texas glad to see Chizik's bend-don't-break philosophy go.  Did he have that same style at AU?  I don't remember.  Doesn't seem so, but I don't know. 

His defenses at ISU were among the worst in the sorry history of that school.  Two of the five worst defenses in the eternity of ISU football were authored by him.   Three of the three worst defenses in Auburn history have his handprints on them. 

You can't ignore 2010.  I understand that.  But you can't ignore everything else either.

Something else to chew on:

Chizik left Iowa state and now they are ranked. After being 5-19.

Chizik comes to auburn and now we are not ranked.

I'm sorry but there's a load of incompetence somewhere in those 2 statements. And it's not Iowa state or Paul Rhoades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »
The whole program is fucked up.  It's an attitude.  A lack of overall aggression.  A lack of fundamental skills.  A lack of what it takes to play high level football.
This is 100% accurate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »
This is 100% accurate

He speaks for all of us.

I also dont like genes attitude in relation to his job security. I guess with that stupid assed buyout and seeing as how he is Jacobs' boy, I wouldn't be worried either.

K is right. We need to do like Bama and get serious about a head coach and even moreso about out athletics in general. Things will not change until the incompetent buffoon in charge is gone. When he is axed, dye will be powerless and drunk, and maybe just maybe we can use our millions to hire the best coach out there who actually wants to be here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »
If we fire JJ, does Chizik's contract remain valid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »
If we fire JJ, does Chizik's contract remain valid?

Fuck it. It's worth every penny. As k said, we're gonna lose far more than 7 mill in revenue with dye, Jacobs and chiz still being in place. Start now. This isn't gonna undo itself with those three at the helm. Clean house.....now. Gouge has to see this. Rane has to see this. Where's lowder when you need him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »
Fuck it. It's worth every penny. As k said, we're gonna lose far more than 7 mill in revenue with dye, Jacobs and chiz still being in place. Start now. This isn't gonna undo itself with those three at the helm. Clean house.....now. Gouge has to see this. Rane has to see this. Where's lowder when you need him.

2 years removed from playing in the MNC we should not be here.

Speaks volumes on the leadership.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: What is fudgeed cannot be unfudgeed
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
2 years removed from playing in the MNC we should not be here.

Speaks volumes on the leadership.

Go on other boards and they'll cry  :bs: on you for that statement. No, it's OUR (fans who DARE complain) fault!

We need patience. We need to read the creed. We need to smell our own farts. All is well!

:sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
Go on other boards and they'll cry  :bs: on you for that statement. No, it's OUR (fans who DARE complain) fault!

We need patience. We need to read the creed. We need to smell our own farts. All is well!

:sarcasm:

Your sarcasm stamp aside, please tell me they aren't defending this shit on the homoerotic auburn boards. If so, they've reached a new level of gaydom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »
Patience is a virtue.
Read the Creed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Patience is a virtue.

Anger is a gift.

- Z De LaRocha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »
Anger is a gift.

- Z De LaRocha
You have tickets coming out of your ear hole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
Your sarcasm stamp aside, please tell me they aren't defending this shit on the homoerotic auburn boards. If so, they've reached a new level of gaydom.

I was over on AUfamily ( I like to read Stat's breakdown of the game) and most of them are pretty pissed also. You have got the Dye hard all is well crew over there but most of them see what is going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
I was over on AUfamily ( I like to read Stat's breakdown of the game) and most of them are pretty pissed also. You have got the Dye hard all is well crew over there but most of them see what is going on.

And I thought I had read that even Stat was questioning the current staff's ability to get the job done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »
And I thought I had read that even Stat was questioning the current staff's ability to get the job done.

Him just posting the current game/yearly stats does that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
Does it matter that I really truly and deeply wanted to be wrong?  That for a few magnificent weeks in 2010 I relished being wrong, accepted my wrongness and embraced my position as the board's resident grouch?  I put down the pitchforks, beat my sword off and extinguished the torches.

I'd be happy to go back to that.  Part of me feels like this is all my fault because I broke every tradition I had.  I don't have a game hat/shirt/cup or anything any more.  We were too inconsistent for anything to work.  I try to remember today if I every truly accepted Chizik or if I had that little thread of gnawing doubt that never quite went away. 

I wonder where the "leader not a loser" guy is today?  I wonder what he thinks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
Does it matter that I really truly and deeply wanted to be wrong?  That for a few magnificent weeks in 2010 I relished being wrong, accepted my wrongness and embraced my position as the board's resident grouch?  I put down the pitchforks, beat my sword off and extinguished the torches.

I'd be happy to go back to that.  Part of me feels like this is all my fault because I broke every tradition I had.  I don't have a game hat/shirt/cup or anything any more.  We were too inconsistent for anything to work.  I try to remember today if I every truly accepted Chizik or if I had that little thread of gnawing doubt that never quite went away. 

That he was right all along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »

I think everyone with a brain had a tinge of doubt.

We were pissed about the defense in 2010.  I remember that.  I remember thinking early on that Cam looked great, but the defense still had issues stopping a pee wee football team.  But then Cam was so exciting that you didn't care.  Arkansas is scoring at will with a 2nd string quarterback?  So what?  Just more chances for Cam Newton to be amazing. 

But make no mistake...the defense was no more than average in 2010.  And no one could confidently say that the defense was looking as if it could improve.

In fact, I remember having discussions here about the possibility of firing Ted Roof even after winning a national championship.  The consensus was that we couldn't, and that helped us excuse the clusterfuck that was last season. 

No more excuses now.  That tinge of doubt?  It's burning the building down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
Did I have that tinge of doubt?

Decided to do some digging:

Week 1:

Auburn

- The offense is going to be the most dynamic offense in the country.  Downhill running with Cam, Dyer, and McCalleb.  Deep balls to Carr, Adams, and Zachary.  Underneath screens to Fannin.  I can't wait to see how much better it is once the tight ends get involved AND when Trovon Reed gets healthy. hahahahaha

- Cameron Newton will be a Heisman candidate next year.  It might take too long to get him national recognition this year, but going into next year, he'll have Charlie Ward-type stats. 

- We need a new defensive coordinator.  Ted Roof just isn't working.  We said all last year that it was depth and injuries.  Well, the reports have been that the injuries were back 100%.  I think that was evident last night as Savage and Etheridge were the most physical players on our team.  We know from recruiting and players with "a year in the system" that our depth should be at a high enough quality to make adequate substitutions throughout the game.  However, last night was the exact same thing as last year.  Soft defense.  Poor tackling.  No subs.  We didn't sub guys in until we had a comfortable lead in the mid 3rd quarter.  No more excuses.  Ted Roof isn't getting it done.

- Anyone else see Chizik chewing out Roof on the sideline?

- Our special teams are finally...knock on wood...at the level of an SEC team.  I feel like we actually have a punt returner that I don't have to worry about. 

Week 2:

Auburn...

- Well, it's been a few days, but I must throw this thought out there - our offense isn't worthy of the hype.  The stats have been thrown around by our rivals, but Malzahn's offense studders against good SEC defenses.  While it may not be complete shut down, it's not a juggernaut that can't be stopped.  It's not going to always keep us competitive in a shoot out.  It's not any different than the other offenses in the league. 

- Which is why the defense stepping up was so important.  When it comes down to the nitty gritty, our team is very similar to other SEC teams.  An offense that tries to put up at least 21 points with 350+ yards of offense and a defense that tries to limit the other team to less than 21 points with less than 350 yards of offense.  We're never going to be a team that scores so many points that it hides a poor defense or out-performs the best SEC defenses.  Damn...was I wrong.

- The defense stepped up on the line of scrimmage against Miss State.  I still wasn't impressed by the secondary.  Miss State had their opportunities.  A lot of drops on their part led to our victory.  We can complain about the soft coverages all day long, but soon, we're going to have to admit that our corners simply can't play man without giving up big plays. 

- I was originally expecting 10-2 with losses to LSU and Bama.  I'm now thinking 8-4 or 9-3.  We'll sneak up on a few like we did Tennessee and Ole Miss last year, but I'm not so sure we'll beat Arkansas, Clemson, or South Carolina with the state of our team right now. 

Week 3:

Auburn…

- Houston, we have a problem.  Our offense looks like a high school offense.  Our defense still looks like a Ted Roof defense.

-How is it a high school offense, you ask?  Because it doesn’t have much strategy or planning behind it.  Or at least, that’s the way it appears.  It’s not a good thing when a 26 year old English teacher can call plays before they happen.  As my friend sitting next to me said, “It’s no longer luck when you’re getting them right almost every play.”  Kodi Burns is in?  McCalebb is going to come across and either take the handoff or Kodi will take it up the middle.  College defenses can adjust to that.  Cam’s under center?  Dyer up the middle.  Cam’s dropping back to pass?  He’s going to hold the ball until he can throw it deep.  Trips left?  Quick screen. 

-It’s not so much the predictability as it is the lack of coherency in the gameplan.  2nd down in overtime and we’re doing the Kodi/McCalebb option.  2nd and short and we’re running a draw.  Clemson’s blitzing like hell and we’re trying to throw a deep ball.

-Also, point proven about Cam wanting to go deep – in overtime, Zachary was wide open for the touchdown but Cam threw it to a covered Darvin Adams. 

-We can’t keep relying on our skill guys to go up and make plays.  You have to outsmart the defense in order to be successful in the long term. 

-As for the defense, well, nothing new.  We aren’t tackling as solidly as we should.  We aren’t covering receivers.  But we are getting better.  I can’t knock the defense as much anymore.  It’s hard to shut down a great quarterback with good running backs when your offense isn’t giving you anything to work with.

Weren't we complaining about Malzahn's offense looking unprepared last year?  And Loeffler's looking unprepared this year? 

Week 7 after the Arkansas game:

Auburn...

- But we still kicked your ass offensively.  Auburn's offense continues to churn out huge numbers led by superfreak Cam Newton.  I love it.  I love that it's a high school offense that works in the SEC.  I love that we look like the 6A school playing a 3A school on homecoming every week. 

-  I love that we play "All I Do is Win" before games and then actually live up to the theme of the song.  We don't necessarily dominate in games, but we make damn sure we win.  We fight to make sure we make just a few more plays than the other team to win the football game.  This reminds me of the 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes.  They fought just hard enough to win every game - albeit, it was a defensive slugfest each week - and they clawed their way to a national championship. 

- On to a serious note, the defense needs help.  I know this is a "duh" statement, but our defense is seemingly getting worse.  We're now going to be dealing with a few injuries in the secondary.  I expect to see 350+ passing yards from here on out against us including UT Chattanooga.  This is not going to be an easy end to the season.

- LSU, Ole Miss, UT-C, UGA, and Bama.  And they're all going to be gunning for us.  We're no longer the underdog.  In fact, we're the big dog.  This is going to be a real Amen Corner experience. 

And after the national championship win:

Think back to last season and the five times you dropped your head in shame.  The times the team couldn't push hard enough and the times the coaches couldn't think quick enough.

Think back to 1983, if you can, and the time you questioned the SEC's dominance when the best SEC team fell 13 points behind Texas. 

Think back to 2004 when everything was rolling the right way.  We could have put 50 points on Georgia.  We could have put 60 points on Tennessee.  We could have hung 40 on Virginia Tech.  We could have rolled our way into more serious national championship talks.  But instead, you think about the "could have's" and remember the "what we did's" and shake your head at the lack of drive our head coach had. 

Think back to 1993 when you discussed the season's success over Christmas dinner with your family.  Some of you had to endure other talk from a few family members.  Talk of how their team still had one more game to play.  Talk of how despite your team's success, it mattered not in the minds of the voters. 

Think back to 2008 when everything seemed to be spiraling around and around and around a never ending toilet.  An embarrassing display of poor sportsmanship from our players in practice leaving a high quality leader on our team with a neck brace and an oversized left tackle with a poor reputation.  A sad showing against our rivals including a long, loud version of Rammer Jammer in Tuscaloosa. 

We thought Kodi Burns would be an electrifying quarterback that would be a threat running and passing and would rewrite Auburn record books.  We thought Mario Fannin would be the next superstar AU runningback continuing the tradition of Runningback U.  We thought Lee Ziemba, Ryan Pugh, and Chaz Ramsey would be the anchors on an offensive line that would pave the field with opposing defenders.  We thought Tony Franklin would be the next superstar coordinator with a fast paced, high octane offense that defenses couldn't stop. 

But we thought wrong.  We were found shaking our heads again at the state of the program.  The phrase "Just Auburn being Auburn" rang loud and clear not only from Auburn fans, but from fans in other states as well. 

Whether we are on top of the world or in the pits, the same phrase has been uttered by sportscasters, radio show hosts, and sports writers.  Message boards, social networking sites, and websites - "Just Auburn being Auburn." 

But this year was different. 

This year included a quarterback with similar hype to Kodi Burns. 

This year included a coordinator with similar hype to Tony Franklin.

This year included a defensive linemen with similar hype to Antonio Coleman.

This year, our offensive linemen received the same hype as they did in 2008.

This year included a freshman runningback that not only has continued Runningback U but has also rewritten the records held by the Dean of Runningback U. 

But this year included something different.  Something that pushed Auburn out of the phrase "Just Auburn being Auburn."  Something that surpassed the Heisman ceremony and the SEC rings.  Something that pulled our program into the national spotlight and helped our program grasp the crystal ball coveted by 120+ programs every August. 

That something is Gene Chizik.  And the man deserves all of the credit. 

The credit for forming a cohesive and intelligent staff.

The credit for giving a great offensive coordinator complete control of the offense and not allowing his ego to get in the way when that great offensive coordinator began getting the much-deserved accolades. 

The credit for bringing in a superstar who needed a second chance.

The credit for not trying to copy the other "great" coaches in the land.

The credit for making football fun.  For taking the team to the water park.  And allowing them to dance, to sing, and to cheer even when spots were rough.

The credit for understanding the desire of the Auburn family - to be a real family. 

The credit for making that family a primary focus as opposed to making championships a primary focus.

Good things come to those who wait, and to Auburn, the wait has finally paid off. Through the head coach's vision, we have climbed - no - flown to the top of the clouds and have proudly staked our identity on the heads of the college football world. 

We are the Auburn family - a family that matters - and a family that all with have to recognize as something more than just another team struggling to make themselves relevant. 

War Eagle.

So yeah.  I bought all in after noticing the same ole bullshit early on.  I guess he earned that right and somehow has managed to go full retard enough to make me want to see him run out of town before December hits. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 07:04:41 PM »
Fix the OL (find a RG who doesn't suck & a RT who knows what the fucking plays are), cut out most of the drive killing penalties and cut down half of the turnovers...we're 4-1 right now.

Patience is still with me (only one coach that I'd like to see replaced right now and that's DL Coach Mike Pelton, Coach Rocker wouldn't stand for the garbage that's been on display at the DT position).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it ALWAYS starts up front...if you have horrible OL play, it does not matter who you have in the backfield (you could have Cam, Heath Evans & Bo in the backfield, it wouldn't matter if you have horrible OL play).

Fixing the OL (get a RG that plays mad and get a RT that knows who the fuck to block) will fix the Offense.

And yes, before anyone trys to post, ”the OL isn't the problem,” should go back and watch the game...watch the OL only (watch how they were the cause of two turnovers and half the sacks) and realize that it has been that way since '11 ('11 LT AJ Greene & LG Chad Slade, '12 RG Chad Slade and RT Patrick Miller)

Fix the OL, fix a majority of the Offense problems.

I'm losing my patience on the OL.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:49:22 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs