Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad

Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:58:18 PM »
BATON ROUGE — Any way Louisiana State can move up that game it is scheduling against Texas Christian from next September to this September?

Otherwise, this awesome conglomeration of talent at LSU does not have a game to get its juices flowing until Oct. 6 when it ventures to suddenly improved Florida.

Washington was supposed to mount a bit of a threat on Sept. 8. LSU did the Huskies' business, 41-3. Little was expected of the Idaho Vandals on Saturday, and though the Tigers gave them the alarm code in the first half and a near pick-six for old time's sake, LSU still beat the 42-point spread with a 63-14 victory.

This week No. 2 LSU (3-0) travels to Auburn University (1-2, 0-1 Southeastern Conference) for a 6 p.m. game on ESPN. College Game Day will not be there. What looked like an interesting game a month ago — as did the Washington game — now looks like another Washington game.

Auburn may have its worst team since Tommy Tuberville's fall from 13-0 in 2004 led him to 5-7 in 2008. Present Auburn coach Gene Chizik is 9-7 overall and 4-5 in the Southeastern Conference since he went 14-0 and won it all in 2010. He has apparently transplanted Iowa State, where he was 5-19 and 2-14 from 2007-08, on the Plains.

At least Tuberville was able to maintain a defense in his off years. The defense, which is Chizik's specialty, at Auburn is as hollow as the oak trees at Toomer's Corner, and no Alabama fan had anything to do with this mess. Auburn is 14th in the Southeastern Conference out of 14 teams and 107th nationally out of 120 teams in rush defense with 217 yards allowed a game. Auburn is 13th in the SEC and 94th nationally in total defense with 442 yards allowed a game.

LSU is going to be able to run to and through Toomer's Corner. Clemson gained 320 yards on the ground against Auburn in a 26-19 victory. Louisiana-Monroe made Auburn look like a Sun Belt team Saturday as it gained 165 rushing and 410 overall in a 31-28 loss in overtime. LSU could gain 300 at Auburn unless it wants to work the passing game with quarterback Zach Mettenberger to get ready for Towson on Sept. 29.

Towson? Really? This late in the season? When's TCU's open date?

LSU is as good as it was last year when it went 13-0 and 8-0 before "» you know. Auburn looks worse than it was last year when it went 8-5 and 4-4 with a 45-10 loss at LSU with the Bayou Bengals fresh off three suspensions to key players. Auburn will be lucky to keep it respectable Saturday.

Auburn is almost as bad on offense as it is on defense. It is also 14th out of 14 SEC teams and 111th in the nation in pass offense with 160 yards a game. It is 14th in the SEC and 104th nationally in scoring with 20 points a game. It is 14th in the SEC and 102nd in the nation in total offense with 336 yards a game.

Is this game going to count?

At least, the game is on the road. The Tigers need to break their routine. They were bored Saturday night.

"It has gotten kind of dull in some of the games," Mettenberger said. "But we have to finish off the win, like coach says. But this week will be good. We have to go on the road in the SEC for the first time. Auburn is a tough place to play."

The University of Louisiana at Monroe did not seem uncomfortable or distracted Saturday and should have won.

If Auburn needed a flea-flicker, a Hail Mary, two blocked field goals and a field goal in overtime just to squeak by UL-Monroe in OT, it's going to need a bounty scandal, two Our Fathers, 12 suspensions, replacement referees and a whole lot of industrial strength herbicide to beat LSU.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120917/SPORTS/120917001/Guilbeau-Looks-like-stroll-LSU-until-Florida-Oct-6?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

Bulletin board material?  Or the truth.  The motherfucker took shots at Toomer's Oaks - one of our beloved traditions ruined by an Alabama fan - and there's not a got damn thing we can do about it. 

You can't talk trash back.  You can't pinpoint the areas that we could win.  You can't show where the spark could come from. 

All we can do is talk about how this season is building for maybe a good one next year when we have to go on the road against these teams. 

I can't fucking believe this. 

Even in 2008 before the Iron Bowl, I was hopeful for a victory.  I thought about how Auburn had a decent defense.  We had some playmakers against Georgia the week before.  Alabama had lost 6 in a row and could possibly be in for a mental let down.  We had gotten rid of Franklin and were trying to get back to running the football downhill. 

This year?  I'd be happy to be within three touchdowns when the game ends.  That would impress me. 

Shoot me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
Remember when we used to be able to be happy we were the underdogs.  Cause we knew they would come in and we were gonna beat them.   Yeah not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
WE have become Ole Miss and MSU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
You know what would be some fucking awesome football? A Tuberville AU team against a Saban Alabama team. I don't give a shit if Alabama lost half of them in the process. That would be some badass football. That's what rivalries SHOULD be. Such a good game that you're just glad it's over so you can breathe again, win, lose, or draw. Not all of this venomous shit going on nowadays.

Just thinking out loud.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:16:45 PM »

I'd say more like Kentucky without the basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »

Worst-we were good at one time. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »
We will be good again. 

Not sure what that will take, but it will happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:19 PM »
We will be good again. 

No doubt....just wonder how long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:39:09 PM »
We will be good again. 

Agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence.

It's the second sentence that makes me sad.  And like GF said, how long?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »
How long will it take?

If the axe falls it will take one year to settle, the second year will be competitive week in and week out.

And that's the rub there.  Tell me -- other than the last year of Tuberville's tenure -- when you EVER thought we were going to get donkey fucked in a game?  Even though you might have expected to lose, when was the last time (and I'm talking all the way back to the 1970s) that you honestly thought we had NO chance.

We lost games.  We played better teams. But I never doubted we'd be competitive. 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
How long will it take?

If the axe falls it will take one year to settle, the second year will be competitive week in and week out.

And that's the rub there.  Tell me -- other than the last year of Tuberville's tenure -- when you EVER thought we were going to get donkey fucked in a game?  Even though you might have expected to lose, when was the last time (and I'm talking all the way back to the 1970s) that you honestly thought we had NO chance.

We lost games.  We played better teams. But I never doubted we'd be competitive. 

Just watch this Sat-It will be a donkey-taint punch the likes we have not seen for awhile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
How long will it take?

That is what I meant in the above.  We always thought we had a chance,  look at the teams that came in ranked above us and we beat.  UF at least twice.

How about rankings in general, this has got to be the longest period since Bowden -Tubs  (1st year) that we have been unranked.  I don't count the pre-season ranking we had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
That is what I meant in the above.  We always thought we had a chance,  look at the teams that came in ranked above us and we beat.  UF at least twice.

How about rankings in general, this has got to be the longest period since Bowden -Tubs  (1st year) that we have been unranked.  I don't count the pre-season ranking we had.

If we're being honest, I truly thought we had no prayer against UF in 2001.

Almost forgot: doubly so for the bama game in '02.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:16:40 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 05:14:20 PM »
Tell me -- other than the last year of Tuberville's tenure -- when you EVER thought we were going to get donkey fucked in a game? 

In in 1998, we had a good D.  We lost to the eventual national champions by 8, and had the ball inside their 10 when time ran out.

The only game that year that I remember getting plastered was UGA.  Hell, against Shawn Alexander, we had the lead in the second half.

I'd have to go back to 1992, and the Iron Bowl, when I last expected us to get the hell beat out of us...  and it was 0-0 at halftime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 06:06:23 PM »

See, that's the worst part about all of this to me.  I am SUCH a homer that I NEVER feel like we have no chance.  I always think that some way, somehow, Auburn can pull it out, because we are better people, a better fan base, whatever sunshine pumping prayer I can come up with.  I am an "All the way to the fat lady singing" kind of fan.  45 seconds left, down by two touchdowns?  IT COULD HAPPEN!!!1!11!

But for the first time in my life, I honestly do not feel this way.  And I am lost. 

If they leave the field bruised and bloodied after getting the shit kicked out of them.  I stand up and applaud.  There should be no clean uniforms on Saturdays. All I ask is that they leave it all out there.  God knows the 1970s teams did that.  BE COMPETITIVE.  LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND DO BETTER NEXT TIME. 

But they aren't doing that.  And I find myself wishing I wasn't even coming home for the game.  This, from a woman who has sat in freaking LSu Tiger Stadium and watched loss after loss every other year for the last 10 years.  But every year I go, because... you just never know...

This year?  I know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
I'm usually the optimistic type but even the most sunshine pumping out of a unicorns penith can
blind me to see the current state of Auburn football. Honestly, I do like Chizik but not even close
to how I feel about Auburn football. Whats even worse is that I am actually hoping that we have one
of the worse seasons in AU history in order to find a new HC.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
Whats even worse than that, I'm gonna have to change my sig. Priorities and shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »
Right now, I truly believe that LSU could have their offense sit this one out - just repeatedly give us the ball at our 25 - and beat us by playing defense the entire game. They'd probably still cover the spread, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Yoda

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »
Have to agree with everyone, I use to try not to talk shit before a game as to not jinx the game.  Now I just can't talk shit without looking like a dumbass.  That feeling we all had when we were the underdog stemmed from us having a great defense.  You knew anything could happen, one big hit forcing a fumble, pick six, or a punt block.  Now nothing I know I won't see a big hit at least not from our defense, can only hope that we can stop a couple of drives.

To be honest I'd take Tubbs back tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »

To be honest I'd take Tubbs back tomorrow.
I wouldn't his time was done, he knew it.

Wench, I am with you.  What's worse is I haven't been to Auburn in 2 years, and still have no interest in going to the game. Of course I will be there decked all in Orange and blue screaming through the first 3rd down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum