Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad

Re: Read This Article And Understand Why It's So Bad
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
Got to agree. I was with Fl and Tenn grads watching their game Saturday night. I told both of them be glad you don't play AU this year. Looked at me like I was crazy.
Of course I added I would hate for them to get a player hurt and ruin their chances. No confidence at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 09:52:34 PM »
I'm calling it now.  UPSET!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »
I wouldn't his time was done, he knew it.

That's true, but he'd still be better than what we have now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »

And I think he would rethink his offensive coaching personnel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:57 PM »

Good bet we'd have something resembling a defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
How long will it take?

If the axe falls it will take one year to settle, the second year will be competitive week in and week out.

And that's the rub there.  Tell me -- other than the last year of Tuberville's tenure -- when you EVER thought we were going to get donkey fudgeed in a game?  Even though you might have expected to lose, when was the last time (and I'm talking all the way back to the 1970s) that you honestly thought we had NO chance.

We lost games.  We played better teams. But I never doubted we'd be competitive. 

:facepalm:

My senior year at Auburn playing defending champ Tennessee in Knoxville.  They had Jamaal Lewis, Travis Henry, and Tee Martin.  We had former WR Clifton Robinson and Rusty Williams playing running back.  Though the D was still top notch, I think everybody knew we didn't stand a chance.  I had a class with Jimmy Brumbaugh, he looked like he had been physically assaulted the next Monday in class.  Ended up losing 24-0, Leard threw 3 int's to Deon Grant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »

My senior year at Auburn playing defending champ Tennessee in Knoxville.  They had Jamaal Lewis, Travis Henry, and Tee Martin.  We had former WR Clifton Robinson and Rusty Williams playing running back.  Though the D was still top notch, I think everybody knew we didn't stand a chance.  I had a class with Jimmy Brumbaugh, he looked like he had been physically assaulted the next Monday in class.  Ended up losing 24-0, Leard threw 3 int's to Deon Grant.

The film of that game is on this board somewhere. 

Leard didn't throw the picks.  Jeff Klein did.  Leard had been grounded by an injury at Ole Miss the week before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »

Same here. Was at that one. As bad as we were, it wasn't a runaway until the end. Seeing what Tenn had, it was amazing we kept it that close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
The film of that game is on this board somewhere. 

Leard didn't throw the picks.  Jeff Klein did.  Leard had been grounded by an injury at Ole Miss the week before.

Klein, Leard, is there really a difference?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
Klein, Leard, is there really a difference?

By his senior year, Ben Leard was a pretty good college QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »
By his senior year, Ben Leard was a pretty good college QB.

Actually by the end of that season he lit up UGA for 400+yds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
Actually by the end of that season he lit up UGA for 400+yds.

I was going to add that Ronnie Daniels just scored another touchdown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
How long will it take?

If the axe falls it will take one year to settle, the second year will be competitive week in and week out.

And that's the rub there.  Tell me -- other than the last year of Tuberville's tenure -- when you EVER thought we were going to get donkey fucked in a game?  Even though you might have expected to lose, when was the last time (and I'm talking all the way back to the 1970s) that you honestly thought we had NO chance.

We lost games.  We played better teams. But I never doubted we'd be competitive. 

:facepalm:

The last time I saw a team this hapless overall, was 1998.  Then we knew...it was no talent.  Bowden had pissed off everybody across the state, and couldn't get any talent to come to Auburn.     I'd sat in my seat on Sept. 19th and watched  then #7 ranked LSU thump us.  That LSU team, coached by Gerry DiNardo, went 4-7 that year.  On Oct. 3, after an off week, I remember being at the UT game in Auburn.  UT was ranked #3, and  Demontrey Carter broke a long run early in the game, I had hope we could pull it off vs the soon to be National Champion Vols, he was tackled inside their 20 after about a 70 yard gain...and fumbled.  I slumped down in my seat, half drunk, and tears welled up in my eyes, and I got a lump in my throat.   I was at my tailgate when I learned of the Bowden resignation/firing/whatever just before we went to watch Auburn play La Tech. on Oct. 24th, 1998...[suspicious]I turned 33 that day.  [/suspicious]

On August 31, 2000, I watched from those same seats (7 rows above where GH sits) as Rudi Johnson ran all over Wyoming.    I was in the Ga. Dome on Dec. 2, 2000 for Auburn vs Florida and the SECC.  We finished the season 9-4 and SECW Champs in just the second season after a major, maybe the biggest, collapse of the program in modern times.

It takes about that long.   IF, the crootin services are accurate, in rating our talent, then it could take even less time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:49:14 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
The last time I saw a team this hapless overall, was 1998.  Then we knew...it was no talent.  Bowden had pissed off everybody across the state, and couldn't get any talent to come to Auburn.     I'd sat in my seat on Sept. 19th and watched  then #7 ranked LSU thump us.  That LSU team, coached by Gerry DiNardo, went 4-7 that year.  On Oct. 3, after an off week, I remember being at the UT game in Auburn.  UT was ranked #3, and  Demontrey Carter broke a long run early in the game, I had hope we could pull it off vs the soon to be National Champion Vols, he was tackled inside their 20 after about a 70 yard gain...and fumbled.  I slumped down in my seat, half drunk, and tears welled up in my eyes, and I got a lump in my throat.   I was at my tailgate when I learned of the Bowden resignation/firing/whatever just before we went to watch Auburn play La Tech. on Oct. 24th, 1998...I turned 33 that day. 

On August 31, 2000, I watched from those same seats (7 rows above where GH sits) as Rudi Johnson ran all over Wyoming.    I was in the Ga. Dome on Dec. 2, 2000 for Auburn vs Florida and the SECC.  We finished the season 9-4 and SECW Champs in just the second season after a major, maybe the biggest, collapse of the program in modern times.

It takes about that long.   IF, the crootin services are accurate, in rating our talent, then it could take even less time.

I was sitting in those same seats that game too. You were probably the drunk ass I heard yelling 12 feet up. Weren't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »
I was sitting in those same seats that game too. You were probably the drunk ass I heard yelling 12 feet up. Weren't you?

The chances are pretty good it was me or my brother. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
The last time I saw a team this hapless overall, was 1998.  Then we knew...it was no talent.  Bowden had pissed off everybody across the state, and couldn't get any talent to come to Auburn.     I'd sat in my seat on Sept. 19th and watched  then #7 ranked LSU thump us.  That LSU team, coached by Gerry DiNardo, went 4-7 that year.  On Oct. 3, after an off week, I remember being at the UT game in Auburn.  UT was ranked #3, and  Demontrey Carter broke a long run early in the game, I had hope we could pull it off vs the soon to be National Champion Vols, he was tackled inside their 20 after about a 70 yard gain...and fumbled.  I slumped down in my seat, half drunk, and tears welled up in my eyes, and I got a lump in my throat.   I was at my tailgate when I learned of the Bowden resignation/firing/whatever just before we went to watch Auburn play La Tech. on Oct. 24th, 1998...[suspicious]I turned 33 that day.  [/suspicious]

Which could be our real silver lining.

But who out there do we get? ( I don't CGC is going anywhere this year) and not until end of next year with the same kind of problems.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »
The last time I saw a team this hapless overall, was 1998. 

I'm not sure there is a member of the 2012 Auburn Defense that would start on the 1998 defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »
I'm not sure there is a member of the 2012 Auburn Defense that would start on the 1998 defense.

Lemonier. 

But seriously, yeah.  I think I'd want every single player on our defense replaced by somebody else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »
Lemonier. 

But seriously, yeah.  I think I'd want every single player on our defense replaced by somebody else.

Ford has been solid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions